Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

Whats up with the caravan?

Asylum seekers is what you asked. Right?

People who are currently here on political asylum voting in our elections. That was what Cliffy said.

Asylum seekers is what you asked. Right?

Asylum seekers and people who were granted asylum is not the same. Surely you understand that, being a detective and all.

Asylum seekers and people who were granted asylum is not the same. Surely you understand that, being a detective and all.

Well, former assylum seekers are winning elections. Think they wish to change things? Ireland did it. https://www.unhcr.org/news/latest/2004/4/40925f804/ireland-grants-refugees-asylum-seekers-right-vote.html

Its obvious these people arent in it just for asylum. Why else did they travel all the way to California when Texas was so much closer. 1500 miles closer

Well, former assylum seekers are winning elections. Think they wish to change things? Ireland did it. https://www.unhcr.org/news/latest/2004/4/40925f804/ireland-grants-refugees-asylum-seekers-right-vote.html

I'd just be speculating on what their agenda is. But former asylum seekers/immigrants winning elections is part of the American dream, so that's pretty cool.

Obviously this whole subject is very complex and touchy. By no fault of our own, we (Americans) were born in the greatest nation on the planet. We just lucked into this life that affords us opportunities many people will never have. So, I don't fault these people for wanting to come here. I'd want to come here too, if I lived in some poor 3rd world country. The human part of me wants these people to have the same opportunities that we do.

Unfortunately, it's just not possible and even the vetting process is difficult, when there's clearly a criminal element mixed in with these people, many of whom have valid asylum claims. At the end of the day, change is going to have to happen in their countries of origin.

I don't pretend to know all the answers. It's just an all around sad situation. :dunno:

• Like 2

It's going to be so great, this browning of America. Going on the success of the many brown countries across the globe, things can only get better!

It's going to be so great, this browning of America. Going on the success of the many brown countries across the globe, things can only get better!

It’s like the planets strangest coincidence. Quality can be directly tied to the darkness of skin tone of the people. Basically everywhere with dark skinned people is a toilet and all the best most civilized places are mostly light skin majority. Even in Asian countries this is true I think.

• Like 1

Its like the planets strangest coincidence. Quality can be directly tied to the darkness of skin tone of the people. Basically everywhere with dark skinned people is a toilet and all the best most civilized places are mostly light skin majority. Even in Asian countries this is true I think.

Is it even arguable? Where my libtards at?

Is it even arguable? Where my libtards at?

I will fill in.

It is because the White Man held them down! They stole their resources and controlled the population.

I will fill in.

It is because the White Man held them down! They stole their resources and controlled the population.

There is a tiny bit of truth to that.

But it doesn't explain how the white man was ABLE to sail around the world and hold them down, despite being one of the youngest and lower populated civilizations.

It also doesn't explain why many of the non white societies that ARE doing well were often the ones most affected by imperialism. (some took lessons from whitey, others did not.)

Any links to asylum seekers having actually voted in our elections?

Did Ray use the exact term he should have? No, but you knew exactly what he meant. He meant people here illegally voting. They are voting in local elections. You cant be stupid enough to think they arent voting for Congress and Prez?

And I know you dont really think these fools are asylum seekers. Theyve shown their hand. If they got across without detection, you think theyre showing up at the local Border Patrol office? Fuk no. Theyre slipping out into the darkness and hope to never be found.

What kind of shithole would the Middle East be without oil? I cant even imagine. Venezuela has successfully sh!tcanned themselves despite oil riches. Unbelievable.

I'd just be speculating on what their agenda is. But former asylum seekers/immigrants winning elections is part of the American dream, so that's pretty cool.

Obviously this whole subject is very complex and touchy. By no fault of our own, we (Americans) were born in the greatest nation on the planet. We just lucked into this life that affords us opportunities many people will never have. So, I don't fault these people for wanting to come here. I'd want to come here too, if I lived in some poor 3rd world country. The human part of me wants these people to have the same opportunities that we do.

Unfortunately, it's just not possible and even the vetting process is difficult, when there's clearly a criminal element mixed in with these people, many of whom have valid asylum claims. At the end of the day, change is going to have to happen in their countries of origin.

I don't pretend to know all the answers. It's just an all around sad situation. :dunno:

Well said

Everyone knows the answer is for the illegal votes, but the Liberals won't admit it.

You guys keep posting this. While it may be partially true from political leaders (though I doubt it), the number of undocumented immigrants has dropped since its peak in 2007, including during BOs presidency. So that strategy doesn't appear to be working.

But what about the rank and file Dems? Is it possible they think asylum seekers should be given a chance purely for humanitarian reasons?

Do you have any reason to think asylum seekers are voting in our elections or do you just feel that way?

Noncitizens legally cannot vote. Some of them do, illegally, but its guesswork to know how many votes they cast.

Noncitizens legally cannot vote. Some of them do, illegally, but its guesswork to know how many votes they cast.

It's their children and their children's children that are the prize.

• Like 2

It's their children and their children's children that are the prize.

Fair enough. So even though democrats are having trouble coming up with suitable presidential candidates, you guys think they have a master plan for garnering votes a couple generations down the line?

Fair enough. So even though democrats are having trouble coming up with suitable presidential candidates, you guys think they have a master plan for garnering votes a couple generations down the line?

I don't think it's so much a master plan. It's just one reason they don't oppose illegal immigration. Another being their general sjw aversion to being seen as racist at all.

The Republicans, on the other hand, don't oppose it because their business interest masters like having a steady supply of dirt cheap slave labor.

By your logic, Why do you support Democrats SINCE they can’t even come up with a suitable presidential candidate?

By your logic, Why do you support Democrats SINCE they cant even come up with a suitable presidential candidate?

Well Christ, it's not like the Republicans have one either. They have Donald focking Trump for the love of God.

They ain't asylum seekers after residency is established. They're citizens, so of course they can vote. From your link, the whole process takes at least 5 years and costs thousands of dollars.

Paid for with food stamps, free healthcare, free education.

Welfare services are the prize.

Once they're in they get to import more family members.

Paid for with food stamps, free healthcare, free education.

Welfare services are the prize.

Once they're in they get to import more family members.

Pretty sure immigrants are no more likely to use social services than native born people. Do you have data which proves otherwise?

You guys keep posting this. While it may be partially true from political leaders (though I doubt it), the number of undocumented immigrants has dropped since its peak in 2007, including during BOs presidency. So that strategy doesn't appear to be working.

But what about the rank and file Dems? Is it possible they think asylum seekers should be given a chance purely for humanitarian reasons?

How are we getting an accurate count of all the undocumented peeps?

Do we ask them to fill out some documents or something?

They ain't asylum seekers after residency is established. They're citizens, so of course they can vote. From your link, the whole process takes at least 5 years and costs thousands of dollars.

A permanent resident isnt the same as a citizen. Does anyone know what type of elections a resident can vote in vs a citizen? I only really see this, but it doesnt give details.

One of the most important privileges of democracy in the United States of America is the right to participate in choosing elected officials through voting. As a Permanent Resident you can only vote in local and state elections that do not require you to be a U.S. citizen. It is very important that you do not vote in national, state or local elections that require a voter to be a U.S. citizen when you are not a U.S. citizen. There are criminal penalties for voting when you are not a U.S. citizen and it is a requirement for voting. You can be removed (deported) from the U.S. if you vote in elections limited to U.S. citizens.

How are we getting an accurate count of all the undocumented peeps?

Do we ask them to fill out some documents or something?

We aren’t. The standard estimates suggest they are decreasing, however.

A permanent resident isnt the same as a citizen. Does anyone know what type of elections a resident can vote in vs a citizen? I only really see this, but it doesnt give details.

One of the most important privileges of democracy in the United States of America is the right to participate in choosing elected officials through voting. As a Permanent Resident you can only vote in local and state elections that do not require you to be a U.S. citizen. It is very important that you do not vote in national, state or local elections that require a voter to be a U.S. citizen when you are not a U.S. citizen. There are criminal penalties for voting when you are not a U.S. citizen and it is a requirement for voting. You can be removed (deported) from the U.S. if you vote in elections limited to U.S. citizens.

With some exceptions, citizens of legal age who arent incarcerated can vote in all elections.This link talks about non-citizens:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_foreigners_to_vote_in_the_United_States

I don't think it's so much a master plan. It's just one reason they don't oppose illegal immigration. Another being their general sjw aversion to being seen as racist at all.

The Republicans, on the other hand, don't oppose it because their business interest masters like having a steady supply of dirt cheap slave labor.

Its pretty tough for a big Corp to get away with hiring illegals directly.

The vast majority are working for small biz and individuals. Although there is a trickle down effect in place since some of those small biz support bigger industries.

The banks love the flow of immigrants, legal or illigal. Illegal is better though. They pay the rent and don't complain. Landlord is happy and the mortgage payment to the bank gets paid every month. Plus the places they live have no value without them. Now they do. Yeah banksters!

One-third of migrants in caravan are being treated for health issues, Tijuana health official says

Migrants who came with the caravan are suffering from respiratory infections, tuberculosis, chickenpox and other serious health issues, Tijuana's Health Department warned on Thursday morning.

The spokesman told Fox News that out of 6,000 migrants currently residing in the city, over a third of them (2,267) are being treated for health-related issues.

There are three confirmed cases of tuberculosis, four cases of HIV/AIDS and four separate cases of chickenpox, the spokesman said.

At least 101 migrants have lice and multiple instances of skin infections, the department’s data shows.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/caravan-migrants-suffer-from-respiratory-infections-tuberculosis-chickenpox-other-health-issues-tijuana-government-says

Great post Mobb. I agree with 95% of it.

I hope and believe we should be able to improve the immigration process in such a way that we can accomplish the following:

• We are able to weed out the criminal element to such a point that, while not perfect, we all agree the good apples outweigh the bad apples to such a point that it is worth it.
  • Most potential immigrants believe the benefits of doing it legally outweigh the costs saved of doing it illegally.
  • With most immigrants then trying to go through the process legally, it would be infinitely easier to curb whatever illegal immigration efforts remain.

Yesterday in regards to the Senate voting to end our support of the Saudi's in Yemen, Bob Corker spoke of balancing the relationship between American interests and American values. It was an applicable thought. The same concept can be applied here (and many other places) as well. Like Mobb, I don't claim to have all of the answers. I realize we can't just let every asylum seeker or immigrant into the country, and if they try to force their way in, ugliness could occasionally occur. But at the same time, concepts like immigration and asylum are bedrock principles for America.

Even if I don't agree with everything someone like Mobb says, I can have the conversation with him (and a few others as well), because it at least feels to me like with both respect American interest and American values and are just trying to balance it all. The people that I have trouble talking to are the ones that are only interested in American interests and could care less about American values...or even worse, the ones that have confused the issue to such a point as to believe they are one and the same.

MOFG......that is hilarious.....

:screams in spanish: :overhead: