Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Is there a movie you took forever to see

Again, I have to preface this with I'm a movie buff---so from my perspective it's absolutely worth seeing. It's was such a masterpiece, groundbreaking in so many ways. That being said, it's a slow movie, and while not a bad story, it's nothing you haven't seen before.

If you really love movies and cinemas, sit down and watch it sometime, it you are just a casual film fan--watch some of the others I mentioned, or watch some of Hitchcock's films, Vertigo, Rear Window or North by Northwest, all are more entertaining, IMO.

I agree with Honcho I think first time ever.

as far as Hitchcock, to me the best movie he ever did was Rope (an awesome film, but what really makes it insane, as the ENTIRE movie was shot in 1 take), so much we take for granted tech wise in film came from this

here is one for you guys, I am 44 years old, I grew up in the 1980's obviously

I never saw The Breakfast Club until I was in my 30's

I saw bits and pieces here and there on TBS or something, but never sat down and watched the whole thing as intended

here is one for you guys, I am 44 years old, I grew up in the 1980's obviously

I never saw The Breakfast Club until I was in my 30's

I saw bits and pieces here and there on TBS or something, but never sat down and watched the whole thing as intended

That is a good one.

Mine was the movie Real Genius. Never saw it until a few years back.

Gone with the Wind is like the greater movie ever. I think you don't understand....

Yo...that is like one of my favorite movies of all time.

The movie starts by giving you a glimpse of the luxurious carefree life of a southerner. The civil war comes and everything gets burned down everybody is dead or starving. The slaves are gone... The only thing the main character has....is what? Her good looks and her brains. She ruthlessly marries one man after another in order to try regain the life she once had. It's awesome. It's far more than than that but that's kind of the big point.

Gone with the Wind is like the greater movie ever. I think you don't understand....

The movie starts by giving you a glimpse of the luxurious carefree life of a southerner. The civil war comes and everything gets burned down everybody is dead or starving. The slaves are gone... The only thing the main character has....is what? Her good looks and her brains. She ruthlessly marries one man after another in order to try regain the life she once had. It's awesome. It's far more than than that but that's kind of the big point.

The story is good, so like many others, the book is better than the movie.

Im not kidding about the soundtrack. There is literally no break in the music. It plays constantly thru the whole movie. Very distracting. I couldnt take it.

• Like 1

I've never seen the Matrix. maybe I'll watch it someday.

My sister in law owns a crystal punch bowl set that was in that movie. That's all I know about it. Give me the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly any day over Gone With the Wind.

I agree with Honcho I think first time ever.

as far as Hitchcock, to me the best movie he ever did was Rope (an awesome film, but what really makes it insane, as the ENTIRE movie was shot in 1 take), so much we take for granted tech wise in film came from this

I updated the Good Morning thread accordingly. ;)

When you watch it just, in the back of your head keep in mind Will Smith was almost Neo. Would've been horrible.

I listened to all my yuppie friends make "red stapler" and "2 chicks at the same time" references for 10 years before I finally caught Office Space.

And please stop saying The Godfather isnt good, youre the same people who put the focking milk in before the cereal :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

The first one is really good, should watch. I enjoyed the whole trilogy but I know most people didn't like 2 and 3. I can understand why.

The story is good, so like many others, the book is better than the movie.

I read the book. I think it would've been interesting but not loved as much if they cast Scarlett as not really pretty as the book stated.

Another one of my favorites but not sure that it has aged well.

I agree, parts 2 and 3 aren't very good.

I just watched smokey and the bandit over Christmas. It was alright, nothing too special though.

I listened to all my yuppie friends make "red stapler" and "2 chicks at the same time" references for 10 years before I finally caught Office Space.

Did you make your "O" face?

Still havent watched any of the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Alien or The Godfather.

Where should I start?

Indiana

I've never seen Die Hard or the French Connection

Close Encounters of the Third Kind or Tombstone

Oh, and I've yet to see Citizen Kane

of those I encourage you to watch die hard. It really is a good movie.

Women don’t count, you could write a dictionary sized book of must see classics most women haven’t seen.

Wife made me watch steel magnolias the other day after saying I hadn’t seen it.

Why were you in the dog house?

Women don’t count, you could write a dictionary sized book of must see classics most women haven’t seen.

My GF hasn't seen Monte Python and the Holy Grail. I introduced her to the old Monte Python shows and she is getting close to wanting to watch it.

My GF hasn't seen Monte Python and the Holy Grail. I introduced her to the old Monte Python shows and she is getting close to wanting to watch it.

Monty, not Monte...

The TV show is much much better than the movies... Well, except season four...

All the Monte Python movies (my wife is a big fan). They're OK but overrated.

John Wick movies. Just watched them both in August on a work trip. They were good action flicks.

Wife made me watch steel magnolias the other day after saying I hadn’t seen it.

I've tried so many times to watch this but couldn't make it through. Horrible.

Wife made me watch steel magnolias the other day after saying I hadnt seen it.

Its an estrogen-fest but Ive seen many movies that were worse.