IGotWorms

T shirt recommendations for soft flabby man

I’ve got this problem. On the weekends I just don’t know what to wear for tops. Got a few polo shirts that are alright and I’m good on sweatshirts and jackets, but I’ve been unable to find some good t-shirts or similar casual wear.

The issue is most of them make me look like I’ve got a huge belly and/or the solid beginnings of b1tch teets. Just not flattering at all. I am kind of soft and flabby though only a little bit overweight. Think “dad bod” but if you never really had pecs or abs to begin with. Also my arms aren’t quite pencil thin but there will be no tickets sold to this gun show.

Anybody got a recommendation for this body type? Weekend wear really, button down shirts are good for the week and I’ve got plenty of those. TIA 👍🏻

Well, it isn't the shirt that makes you look like you've got a fat belly or man bewbs. Either you have them or you don't. Wear a size larger and stop tucking your shirt in if that's the case.

Also, just own it. Go shirtless and at least get a tan. Chubby and tan > chubby and pale. 

Also also, welcome back. 

Buy some gym shirts and go to the gym. HTH! 💋

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I’m too lazy. I like to hike/backpack and that’s about it.

At some point you just gotta know thyself

Just now, IGotWorms said:

I’m too lazy. I like to hike/backpack and that’s about it.

At some point you just gotta know thyself

What brought you back posting?  It cant be for the intelligent banter.

This is the Geek Club, we're all carved of granite even in our 50s.

That being said, my wife and I were just invited to a pool party in a few weeks by one of our gym couple friends.  Wife can rock it but I've got some work to do.  :(  That being said, moobs and pot belly isn't the problem, just an overall "need to lose 10 pounds" thing.  I look fine in a T-shirt I think but no shirt, that is some pressure with a crossfit/HIIT crowd.

I guess my advice is to not go too thin on the material, which would highlight moobs and belly.  And as others have said, looser is better for your situation.

Just own your biitch teets and wear a tank top.

You can find some good t-shirts by following the links at Steven Crowder's youtube page. The one with the figs comes most recommended.

Wow, I don't know what to make of this. I got a big smile on my face seeing worms as the OP,  this just like a few days ago seeing peenie come back after a hiatus, and with 50K posts this is his account, but the posts sure read like somebody hacked his account.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OldMaid said:

FAT SHAMING!!!!!   WE'VE GOT A FAT SHAMER HERE!!!! 

Dude, at a certain age, dude's shouldn't wear an undershirt alone. 

Many make the same argument about blue jeans, but whatever.

Find some generous cut short sleeve button downs. Untucked always.

Hell, rock Hawaiin before T shirt.

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

At 35, I'm wondering at what point blue jeans just don't work for my age any more. I look a good amount younger, so I am still fine. I also don't want to be the old guy who looks like he is trying too hard to look younger

31 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

At 35, I'm wondering at what point blue jeans just don't work for my age any more. I look a good amount younger, so I am still fine. I also don't want to be the old guy who looks like he is trying too hard to look younger

What kind of jeans do you wear?  Skinny jeans or those fugly ones with designs on the pockets?  Never saw an old dude wearing relaxed fit jeans and thought they were trying to look young. 

Then again I'm 49 and wear relaxed fit jeans every day.  Oh my!  Are people judging me??  Fock em if they are. 

35 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You rang?

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

What kind of jeans do you wear?  Skinny jeans or those fugly ones with designs on the pockets?  Never saw an old dude wearing relaxed fit jeans and thought they were trying to look young. 

Then again I'm 49 and wear relaxed fit jeans every day.  Oh my!  Are people judging me??  Fock em if they are. 

Relaxed fit. The jeans look nice, but they are not designer jeans by any means. 

15 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Relaxed fit. The jeans look nice, but they are not designer jeans by any means. 

Then what's your worry then?  Do you think you're supposed to wear slacks pulled way up high once you reach a certain age?  Not trying to be a d1ck, just don't understand the concern about wearing normal jeans once you get older. 

9 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Short sleeve button down shirts?

What am I, Mormon?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Short sleeve button down shirts?

What am I, Mormon?

Don’t forget the crew cut and wire frame glasses.

Button down shirts that are a little bigger hide them better. Just get a long sleeve and roll them up. If you have B tlts, it's pretty much impossible to hide it. I bet most dudes who have them don't even realize it looks like they could breast feed a baby. I know that when I was 20 pounds of fat heaavier, I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw a few picks from the side.

I’ve lost 65 lbs now so I was probably in your boat worms

kohls was my goto for T-shirt’s they have a nice selection of pre-washed tees a must for big guys. In 2x. As of last week I bought a large for the first time in 20 yrs

• Thanks 1

Serious advice: Either lose weight or become “Fat guy who knows he’s fat and doesn’t care.” Everybody likes that guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Button down shirts that are a little bigger hide them better. Just get a long sleeve and roll them up. If you have B tlts, it's pretty much impossible to hide it. I bet most dudes who have them don't even realize it looks like they could breast feed a baby. I know that when I was 20 pounds of fat heaavier, I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw a few picks from the side.

Pics?  Can size? :mad:

17 hours ago, Voltaire said:

You can find some good t-shirts by following the links at Steven Crowder's youtube page. The one with the figs comes most recommended.

Wow, I don't know what to make of this. I got a big smile on my face seeing worms as the OP,  this just like a few days ago seeing peenie come back after a hiatus, and with 50K posts this is his account, but the posts sure read like somebody hacked his account.

He forgot to log in as tj booker.  :D

Worms :wave:

19 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I was thinking Tommy Bahama kinda shirts (untucked of course) because I think they can help hide his moobs, but he mentioned weekend wear.  For going out and about, fine, but lounging around the house, meh, that's too much.

Hold on now fellas. I ain’t a CBF or nothing. 6’2”, 215lbs.

I’m just a little soft around the middle ☹️

I’m basically what a CBF thinks he is when he thinks he’s skinny because he lost 70 pounds

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m basically what a CBF thinks he is when he thinks he’s skinny because he lost 70 pounds

If I lost 70 pounds I would be 210. 

But id still be 5 foot 6. :cry:

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I was thinking Tommy Bahama kinda shirts (untucked of course) because I think they can help hide his moobs, but he mentioned weekend wear.  For going out and about, fine, but lounging around the house, meh, that's too much.

You wanna talk to Tony Soprano about that, mister? 

10 hours ago, MDC said:

Serious advice: Either lose weight or become “Fat guy who knows he’s fat and doesn’t care.” Everybody likes that guy.

Good advice