Sign in to follow this  
FantasyRetard

Melvin Gordon update

So is Ekeler going to be the guy in LA or do they go after another RB

Would think his value would be skyrocketing, but doesn't seem to be as much as I would think

Feel like no one is talking about him as a potential RB1 you could land in the 4th or 5th

6 minutes ago, Gipaldo said:

Would think his value would be skyrocketing, but doesn't seem to be as much as I would think

Feel like no one is talking about him as a potential RB1 you could land in the 4th or 5th

Probly gonna be kinda splittish between Jackson and Ekeler, though Ekeler will likely be the better fantasy back to own.  The ADP reflects a general doubt that he attains RB1 status, however.

Ekler sucks a a starting rb....only good as a 3rd down back.

check history.

57 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Probly gonna be kinda splittish between Jackson and Ekeler, though Ekeler will likely be the better fantasy back to own.  The ADP reflects a general doubt that he attains RB1 status, however.

That and I'm guessing theres still a little bit of drafting hope people have that Gordon will return

11 minutes ago, purplengold47 said:

Looks like the chargers just announced that Gordon won't play week 1. Firee ekeler! 

In other news, fish swim and birds fly.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:12 PM, Raider 84 said:

FAKE NEWS! Unless he's traded you won't see him until after he sits out 10 games.

Can you quote your self? I grabbed Ekeler!

:banana::banana::banana:

Seems like the ultimate buy low candidate for the gambling types. 

His freedom to seek a trade is enticing, but on what NFL team could you see being interested....what team has a need for a RB1 today? Tampa Bay? Yikes....

What you offer for him today as a FF player... if you seriously were interested in the gamble?

Speaking of gamble.....here are the latest odds: Chargers 5/2, Bucs 5/1, Colts 6/1, Texans 7/1, Packers 8/1, Bills 10/1, Patriots 10/1 and Eagles 10/1

On 9/1/2019 at 3:31 PM, JagFan said:

It’s refreshing to see the “boss” letting the “employee” know who’s in charge.  It’s about time.  I never understood how an injury prone RB thought they had a case for a new contract.

Now, that said, I could see the Browns trade for him to go along with their team of overrated head cases.  I’m going to enjoy watching the Browns do what they do best....and that’s be the Browns.  Not a player on that team worth having at their current ADPs, and it’s all going to come apart thanks to the new, in over his head, head coach.

Browns will be better than the Jags this year

29 minutes ago, ralphster said:

Browns will be better than the Jags this year

They probably might be. 

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports one team has held preliminary trade discussions with the Chargers for holdout RB Melvin Gordon.

It's as vague of a report as it gets, but it's at least notable considering how stagnant discussions are between the Chargers and their star running back. Gordon seems set on foregoing $330,000 game checks and the Chargers don't have plans on extending him in-season. The two sides haven't ruled out a trade, but it's going to be hard to find a team that's willing to pay Gordon approximately $13 million annually and cough up the first-round and fifth-round picks the Chargers are looking for in a hypothetical trade, per NBC Sports' ProFootballTalk. With Gordon reportedly out for Week 1, it will be Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson splitting touches at an expected 60/40 rate.

I am betting the bucs are gonna make the trade. 

50 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

They want a 1st for him.  Not going to happen.

They are publicly asking for that. Privately they have a stalking horse bid on him for probably a 2nd and 5th and made the claim to see if anyone would do a Ricky williams trade. If not back to the first team. I bet he is traded by Thursday 

My guess is that he fires his agent in the next day or two (after truly misreading Gordon's leverage and market) and he goes back to the Chargers before game #1. If you just take a look at who has enough cap space to take him on, the only two teams that look like a possible fit are the Texans (who now have no first or second round picks for the next 20 years) and the Colts. The Colts seems to be pretty happy with the Mack/Hines tandem, so I don't really see the urgency for them and they would be loathe to give up a first rounder. Their GM loves to build through the draft.

ICEMAN

The damaged been done.  I can’t see him showing up this season.  He supported Bell when he held out last season.   The mindset is there for him to do the same.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:03 PM, stonewall said:

Seems like the ultimate buy low candidate for the gambling types. 

His freedom to seek a trade is enticing, but on what NFL team could you see being interested....what team has a need for a RB1 today? Tampa Bay? Yikes....

What you offer for him today as a FF player... if you seriously were interested in the gamble?

I think the biggest issue is you would have to give up a draft pick AND sign him to the deal he wants.  Just doing one or the other is bad enough.  I've seen on Rotoworld the Chargers want a 1st rounder for him.  Nobody is giving up a 1st for Gordon.  I can't see anyone signing him to a $13+ million dollar deal either.  I'm thinking he's going to end up getting less on the open market than the $10 million he was offered by the Chargers.  He's absolutely not a great running back.  In fantasy, he works well for us because of his TD's and Receptions.  If you watch him play in the real games, he's not a special running back by any stretch of the imagination.  L. Bell is a great example.  Had the Jets not paid him, who would have?  The teams with cap space, from what I can tell, aren't going to be in the market for a RB that misses games and has a very pedestrian ypc average, or below average I should say.  lol

24 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

The damaged been done.  I can’t see him showing up this season.  He supported Bell when he held out last season.   The mindset is there for him to do the same.

From what I understand, he has to play in half the team's games to accrue the service year to fulfill the team option year of his contract.  He'll likely do that to be come a FA, but I suspect the chargers will trade him before that as what they've offered him is likely less than franchise tag value so I can't see them franchising him next season.  All indications are that the chargers have moved on and they may as well take what they can get for him.

After seeing what the cowboys just gave Zeke man do the chargers look petty and small in this.... just pay the guy  Or go into full rebuild mode. Feel like they are always down the middle and never going for it

12 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

After seeing what the cowboys just gave Zeke man do the chargers look petty and small in this.... just pay the guy  Or go into full rebuild mode. Feel like they are always down the middle and never going for it

There's a reason Eli refused to go there

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Really?  Pay the guy??  He isn't worth anywhere near what he's asking.  He's great in fantasy football, but so-so on the real field.  Why would they go into full rebuild mode?  They have a TON of young talent on that team.  Allen, Williams, Ekeler, Hunter, and the defense is absolutely loaded with young talent.  What they should do is dump him off to a team like Miami for peanuts just to show him how great life truly was.  He's nowhere near being a top 6 or 7 running back in the NFL.  His missed games and YPC average show that.  You are the only person I've seen say the Chargers look bad here.  They look great.  It's Gordon who looks like a complete moron. 

18 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Let's look at the RB's who are far more valuable to their team, or flat out better, than Gordon.  Remember, the Chargers went 4-0 without Gordon, which doesn't say much for him. 

I'll only list the ones I would truly take over him on an NFL team;  Gurley, McCaffrey, Bell, Chubb, Mixon, Carson (debatable, but he runs behind a crappy line and still looks better in real games than does Gordon), Barkely, Zeke, David Johnson, Connor, Kamara and Jacobs (just because he has so little tread on the tires).  I could add three more, but they are too debatable.  I have 12 I would take over him in a heartbeat and could easily make it 15 without being a stretch.  Yet Gordon wants to be paid like Gurley and Zeke?  C'mon.  lol

LOL! The Eagles just tried to be "that guy" in your fantasy league that sends you a offer. Jordan Howard and flip of mid-round picks for Gordon. AND the Chargers would lose money too!

REJECTED

1 minute ago, Law said:

LOL! The Eagles just tried to be "that guy" in your fantasy league that sends you a offer. Jordan Howard and flip of mid-round picks for Gordon. AND the Chargers would lose money too!

REJECTED

LOL  Tells you how valuable Gordon is to other teams. 

1 minute ago, Law said:

Gordon has only rushed for more than 1,000 yards once in his four year career, and he scored 0 TDs as a rookie.  I don't know where he comes off trying to get paid as one of the top 3 RBs in the league.

Oh yeah, maybe he noticed that Jerick McKinnon was the 7th highest paid RB in the league...

This guy is sitting in our FA pool right now.  Im tempted to just cut someone and take him.  Hmmmm....

1 minute ago, RoadLizard said:

This guy is sitting in our FA pool right now.  Im tempted to just cut someone and take him.  Hmmmm....

Well sure, if you can stash him on your roster for free, DO IT!

2 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Melvin Gordon is in your FA pool!???!

Good Lord! It's not like he's K Hunt and can't play for 8 games! He could (though might not) play at any point.

I'd seriously question any league where Gordon is a FA.

1 minute ago, Law said:

Lotta guys out there enjoying the privilege of drafting with chimps.

16 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

They are publicly asking for that. Privately they have a stalking horse bid on him for probably a 2nd and 5th and made the claim to see if anyone would do a Ricky williams trade. If not back to the first team. I bet he is traded by Thursday 

This is probably a fair statement.

if you want a 2nd round pick, you ask for a first and negotiate down.

If you ask for a 2nd, everyone will offer you a 3rd or a 4th.

On 9/2/2019 at 11:06 AM, Gipaldo said:

Just like James Connor last season.   No one will believe it until it happens.

4 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Chargers don’t have to do anything. 

4 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

1400 total yards and 11 TD avg over past 3 seasons.   How many backs did that?   That’s got to be top 3 money.

That's from volume, not talent.  How many RB's had that many attempts?  His YPC is pretty bad and he misses time each season.  His line is below average, but not many teams spread the ball around like the Chargers, which should absolutely open up some running lanes.  He's an above average running back who has been playing in a great situation, yet still can't manage to put up a decent YPC average.  Considering only one of those seasons did he put up 1,000 yards rushing, the above stat line just isn't impressive.  It's more along the lines of what you would think a great 3rd down back would do if given a couple more rushing opportunities.  Is that worth $12/13 million per season?  No.  Not with a salary cap it isn't.  Gordon just isn't a special running back. 

Someone mentioned McKinnon - Keep in mind, the 49'ers had over a $100 million in cap space when they signed him and they had to spend a LOT of that money to hit the cap floor.  McKinnon was the benefactor of a team that HAD to spend some money at the time and also was in need of a RB.  MN fans knew it was a horrible move, but it is what it is.  lol

2 hours ago, Law said:

Melvin Gordon is in your FA pool!???!

Good Lord! It's not like he's K Hunt and can't play for 8 games! He could (though might not) play at any point.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Lotta guys out there enjoying the privilege of drafting with chimps.

Great guys, thanks for the quality input.  Ummm, we have a small league with just 8 teams and apparently no one felt he was worth the roster spot.  It is entirely possible since he’s a classic head case/primadonna that he won’t play much at all.  If he does play just to satisfy some contract thing with the chargers....you think he’s gonna bust his ass for them? Nah. 

Whats wrong with Chimps anyways?  The internet has made fantasy football into a super simple thing these days.  Chimps have as much chance to win as any of you "professionals". ;)

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Chargers don’t have to do anything. 

Nope..they dont...but it's a bad look. Guy has outplayed his contract...pay him.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:26 PM, kilroy69 said:

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports one team has held preliminary trade discussions with the Chargers for holdout RB Melvin Gordon.

It's as vague of a report as it gets, but it's at least notable considering how stagnant discussions are between the Chargers and their star running back. Gordon seems set on foregoing $330,000 game checks and the Chargers don't have plans on extending him in-season. The two sides haven't ruled out a trade, but it's going to be hard to find a team that's willing to pay Gordon approximately $13 million annually and cough up the first-round and fifth-round picks the Chargers are looking for in a hypothetical trade, per NBC Sports' ProFootballTalk. With Gordon reportedly out for Week 1, it will be Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson splitting touches at an expected 60/40 rate.

I am betting the bucs are gonna make the trade. 

I am betting the Chargers let him sit.   They wont trade him until he reports in game 10 (or whenever)

The chargers have a long history of fighting it out when players demand things the team feels is unreasonable.  My bet is the chargers dont blink.

23 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Pick him up and trade him for Kelce