Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Bust of the Year Nominees

Well, the fantasy playoff have begun, so I think it's time to decide on the Bust of the Year.  Here are my candidates, by position:

QB: 

Aaron Rodgers.  A few big games.  A lot of putrid games.  Typically taken as the 3rd QB off the board.  

Baker Mayfield.  Drafted as a top 5 QB.  Currently residing on most waiver wires

Andrew Luck.  If you drafted before his retirement, he's certainly the winner.  If not, he's not a nominee

RB:

Saquan Barkley.  #1 overall pick hasn't come close to living up to it.  Injury related perhaps?

Alvin Kamara.  #2 overall pick in a lot of drafts.  Hasn't scored since his senior prom

David Johnson.  A 1st rd pick who lost his job to a scrub and now gets 3 touches a game.

WR:

Antonio Brown.  Could be the overall winner, as he was a 2nd or 3rd rd pick and played all of one game

OBJ:  Went at the end of the 1st, early 2nd and has been awful.

JuJu:  Taken in the early 2nd in most drafts.  Currently residing on most waiver wires

TE:

OJ Howard.  Lol is all that needs typed

Zach Ertz:  He's come on lately, but an awful start likely cost a lot of teams wins

Honorable mentions include:  Joe Mixon.  Adam Theilen.  Damien Williams.  Leveon Bell.  

Thing about guys like Luck or AB is that at least you knew early on what you were dealing with. Even with Howard, most people had figured out by midseason that he was trash. I'd vote OBJ because he had been such a reliable stud coming into this year, and he's done just enough to make people wonder if he'll finally return to form. As a result, his start percentage is still extremely high (81% on Yahoo), even as we head into the playoffs ... assuming, that is, that his owners even made the playoffs. But he's basically been unusable the entire season. Even his "good" games were mostly just a function of one big play.

Almost half of 1st and 2nd rnd picks can't duplicate the prior year historically. And some were almost dead giveaways like zftcg stated. New OC, new team....stay away from those players first 2 rounds. And if they have personal problems absolutely stay away. That right there eliminates a good chunk of problems. The odds of them busting goes down a lot. Not fool proof, but it's going to lower the odds of getting the AB's, Bells, and OBJ's that stunk up rosters this year.  

Got to be Barkley or Kamara.

They went 1 or 2 in a lot of leagues.

In a snake draft it's devastating since you won't go again until 23+ picks later.

David Johnson deserves much attention here, but it’s Barkley. He’s been all of the bad things folks don’t want from a super early pick. And even his replacements haven’t been reliable/stable.

I prefer my busts to actually be playing. I'm not sure guys that get injured really count as busts.

Along those lines, for me it's OBJ since he's been healthy, but just way underperformed what I expected from him.

David Johnson got hurt, and then lost his job to a guy that wasn't even on the team, so he'd be a decent choice too.

Barkley and Kamara I think were injured too long to get a bust tag from me.

Thing about Johnson is that he was highly productive for the first half of the season, then got hurt, and hasn't been playable since. So other than that one awful Giants game where he was announced as the starter and then no-showed, you didn't really get screwed by him.

I don't remember which round I grabbed him, but I thought I got the steal of the draft when I picked up Duke Johnson

The 2019 Houston Texans bell-cow.......LOL

I've got to go Barkley here. After what we saw last year I was expecting a top 5 guy. I think I heard yesterday he's only been top 20 three times all year. For where he was drafted he should have only been outside the Top 20 three times.

david johnson easily. piece of hasnt done anything and wasted my first round pick on his bum ass

Just just asking.  

If you drafted Mahomes in the first or even the second round, and based on avg per game he looks to be fifth or sixth at the Qb postion. 

Now I think that of your going to draft a Qb that high, he better be the number one Qb to justify that pick.

So if you did is he considered a bust , for you, not over all, but just based on your team.  

The team in my 14 teamer took him second round , that team is 6-7. 

That team won’t make the playoffs.  

So im not judging I’m just wondering.  

Talking to that owner in my league, he’s not going Qb that high again. 

2 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Barkley, Barkley, Barkley.

Hilton.

Tyreek.

I did not make the playoffs.

You drafted two WRs with a lot of issues coming into the season, Hilton lost Luck, and Hill missed games to start the season. 

I’ll help you out next season, and your welcome. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

You drafted two WRs with a lot of issues coming into the season, Hilton lost Luck, and Hill missed games to start the season. 

wait what?? Hill had no issues coming into the season, and was the no 1 WR in the league last year, he was a steal where he was selected

but if I remember right you hated him last year as well

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

wait what?? Hill had no issues coming into the season, and was the no 1 WR in the league last year, he was a steal where he was selected

but if I remember right you hated him last year as well

He didn’t suffer a injury early in the season?  

I didn’t say anything about a issue, I said missed time. 

Can you show me where I said I hate him? 

And he didn’t live up to last season stats , now did he? Last season in non ppr he avg 15 points per game, this season 11.  

And I predicted that neither he or Mahomes would, so is that hate? 

Stay home.  

Thanks  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

He didn’t suffer a injury early in the season?  

I didn’t say anything about a issue, I said missed time. 

Can you show me where I said I hate him? 

And he didn’t live up to last season stats , now did he? Last season in non ppr he avg 15 points per game, this season 11.  

And I predicted that neither he or Mahomes would, so is that hate? 

Stay home.  

Thanks  

You said coming into the season 

18 hours ago, zftcg said:

Thing about Johnson is that he was highly productive for the first half of the season, then got hurt, and hasn't been playable since. So other than that one awful Giants game where he was announced as the starter and then no-showed, you didn't really get screwed by him.

Of course we don't know what his injury issue was/is, but in 25+ years I don't think i ever remember a 1st rd fantasy pick losing their job to a journeyman scrub.  And when Edmonds comes back, he could be ahead of DJ too.  

10 years ago, the distressed asset RB would be allowed to keep starting and being horrible. I remember Shaun Alexander’s bad season. He had a foot thing, he lost 2-3 linemen, and he had a bad hand/wrist injury. And he was brutal. He looked visibly impaired every week. But he kept on being the starter. It was terrible!

Juju

David Johnson

Both sucked ass and basically lost their jobs.

There are plenty of other early picks who underperformed but not to that extent.

22 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Juju

David Johnson

There are plenty of other early picks who underperformed but not to that extent.

Juju lost what now?

41 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Juju lost what now?

His job. “Injury” a convenient excuse for sucking ass

12 hours ago, weepaws said:

Why do all of your posts take up so much space on the page when you post nothing?

• Like 1

I hate calling injured players a bust. Somethings are beyond control.  I understand them not living up to expectations.  

• Like 1

I think I win.  Took David Johnson round 1 and Antonio Brown round 2.  Somehow I am still going to make the playoffs thanks to the owner who offered me Edelman for Brown straight up after he signed with the Pats.

27 minutes ago, browns16-0 said:

I think I win.  Took David Johnson round 1 and Antonio Brown round 2.  Somehow I am still going to make the playoffs thanks to the owner who offered me Edelman for Brown straight up after he signed with the Pats.

1. DJ

2. AB

3. Cooks

4. Michel

5. CSamuel

6. Cam

Sony is the only one still on my roster. I barely snuck into the final playoff spot only because an inexperienced owner at various points during the season gave up on Ingram, Adams and Jeffrey. Fully expect to get slaughtered against the No. 1 team tomorrow

8 hours ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Of course we don't know what his injury issue was/is, but in 25+ years I don't think i ever remember a 1st rd fantasy pick losing their job to a journeyman scrub.  And when Edmonds comes back, he could be ahead of DJ too.  

Mmm I don’t think he lost his job, I think he’s not healthy.  

Even more so then we our being told.  

He was being productive when he was healthy, so they just didn’t replace him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Juju

David Johnson

When did either one when healthy lose their jobs?  

3 hours ago, sderk said:

Why do all of your posts take up so much space on the page when you post nothing?

How’s the marriage to your right hand going ? 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

How’s the marriage to your right hand going ? 

Sure. Good one.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

Trolling as usual. You lose your job again?

Hey thanks.

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Mmm I don’t think he lost his job, I think he’s not healthy.  

Even more so then we our being told.  

He was being productive when he was healthy, so they just didn’t replace him. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Plus for the amount he's being paid I think the Cards are being extra careful with their investment.

Wr-wise, AJ Green deserves some kind of mention unless we are going to give him the benefit of doubt/assume that he’s really super hurt. But the misinformation on his status from July to now has been insane. And everyone who picked him at any point/at any auction price got jobbed. Sure, he never played so he gave no zeroes, but how crazy is it that he never played?

• Like 1

I’m sorry, but anyone that drafted Green at his adp made a big mistake. 

I cant put him on this list. N

I'd like to submit six votes for Kamara.  SIX! That's how many single digit (non-ppr) fantasy points games he turned in out of the ten games he played.  Then he had two with 10 points and one with 13 and only one in excess of 20. Oh yeah, and he missed 4 games so provided zero points for 25% of the season. First or second overall draft pick in many leagues? BUST of the year!!!!!!

22 hours ago, weepaws said:

I’m sorry, but anyone that drafted Green at his adp made a big mistake. 

I cant put him on this list. N

What was his adp? I stayed away cause he’s had problems every year it seems and the only one I wanted on that team at the time was Mixon. 

If Saquon can just take advantage of these next two weeks matchups, all will be forgiven.  

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

What was his adp? I stayed away cause he’s had problems every year it seems and the only one I wanted on that team at the time was Mixon. 

He was still being looked at as a wr1 on the high side and a wr2 low side. 

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

He was still being looked at as a wr1 on the high side and a wr2 low side. 

Yea most guys were drafting him in rounds 2-3 and that was too soon for a qb IMO