Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

I wear your moms g string as a mask

Your moms is so fat her g-string is made out of rope 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

I wear your moms g string as a mask

So instead of Covid you're gonna catch the clap?

1 minute ago, Strike said:

So instead of Covid you're gonna catch the clap?

My nose is so big it can clap on it's own

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This is a post I quoted earlier and you came at me for "cherrypicking:"

So here is your diatribe where you seemingly explained your stance.  Seems like a lot of wishy-washy talk, what's the summary here?   That masks "can" work, but they don't because people don't use them properly?

My post goes in to great detail about WHY I feel the way I do.  Here is the relevant piece of my post:

For the reasons above, and I'm sure others I'm not thinking of at the moment, I don't believe masks are EFFECTIVE even though on a technical level they may be capable of helping.

As others have said as well, I wear my mask for the comfort level of others.  But I don't believe they're actually helping prevent the spread of this thing.  

Good for you for taking my advice and saving my post in a text file.

Masks may, on some technical level, be helpful. 

There you have it. 

And all the other stuff wrapped around this, I agree with. People don't wear them right, they touch them, reuse them, drop them and wear them anyway, etc. They're completely dogsh!t when it comes to preventing the spread of COVID.

But, they're very slightly better than nothing.

Everyone agrees here. The fock is all the fighting about?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

There you have it. 

And all the other stuff wrapped around this, I agree with. People don't wear them right, they touch them, reuse them, drop them and wear them anyway, etc. They're completely dogsh!t when it comes to preventing the spread of COVID.

But, they're very slightly better than nothing.

Everyone agrees here. The fock is all the fighting about?

I don’t think they’re complete dog poop, but yeah, pretty much.

Everyone doesn’t agree though.  Cdub thinks masks made it worse 

Just now, TimHauck said:

I don’t think they’re complete dog poop, but yeah, pretty much.

Everyone doesn’t agree though.  Cdub thinks masks made it worse 

I don't know about them making COVID worse, but there's certainly an argument to be made about preventing the circulation of germs that our systems are used to fighting off to stay healthy.

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

My post goes in to great detail about WHY I feel the way I do.  Here is the relevant piece of my post:

Good for you for taking my advice and saving my post in a text file.

Okay so then why did you say earlier “where did I say masks have no effect?” when that’s pretty much what your thesis was?

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Okay so then why did you say earlier “where did I say masks have no effect?” when that’s pretty much what your thesis was?

Wat?  Look, it's simple.  In my "diatribe" I specifically said that used properly I think masks can have an effect.  I think in the real world most people don't do that.  So I don't think in the real world they're doing much.  There's a distinction in there so if you ask me if masks are effective my answer is "if used properly they may be".  If you ask me if they've helped with this pandemic my answer is "probably not."  You're trying to take nuanced stances and make it a sledge hammer, ala "Either you think masks work or you don't".  But the answer to that is much more nuanced and specific to parameters of the question.  That's why I don't get in to the mask debate, and, as I said earlier I don't go around disparaging masks.  I wear mine for the benefit of others.  I don't have to worry about whether it's making a difference or not because I don't care.  And, btw, the Mexico post was sarcasm.  As if I'd actually use data from Mexico in a serious discussion. 

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

Wat?  Look, it's simple.  In my "diatribe" I specifically said that used properly I think masks can have an effect.  I think in the real world most people don't do that.  So I don't think in the real world they're doing much.  There's a distinction in there so if you ask me if masks are effective my answer is "if used properly they may be".  If you ask me if they've helped with this pandemic my answer is "probably not."  You're trying to take nuanced stances and make it a sledge hammer, ala "Either you think masks work or you don't".  But the answer to that is much more nuanced and specific to parameters of the question.  That's why I don't get in to the mask debate, and, as I said earlier I don't go around disparaging masks.  I wear mine for the benefit of others.  I don't have to worry about whether it's making a difference or not because I don't care.  And, btw, the Mexico post was sarcasm.  As if I'd actually use data from Mexico in a serious discussion. 

OK, so then as TK0001 pointed out, I don't think our opinions on masks aren't really all that different, maybe I just think they're slightly more effective than you.    I believe the majority of my posts in this thread regarding masks were in response to those saying that they made it worse, which I wholeheartedly disagree with.    I do think the majority of the data shows that they do help, but I've admitted there were some legitimate studies showing no significant difference.  I don't think there were any legitimate studies showing that they made it worse however.

I also do think there are several people in this thread (sorry maybe you're not one of them) that like to come back to masks on topics that really have nothing to do with masks.    Seems like "flu cases being counted as covid" is the most common and turns into "masks cured the flu?"

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

TK0001

Please, call me TK. Or Thread Killer, as I was known as around here by half-dozens, back before the towers fell. 

4 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

Please, call me TK. Or Thread Killer, as I was known as around here by half-dozens, back before the towers fell. 

Fockin child

10 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

Huh? 

I wrote it clear as day. You’re a Fockin child, like the rest of the diks from the sanctuary. Got it? 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wrote it clear as day. You’re a Fockin child, like the rest of the diks from the sanctuary. Got it? 

Okay. I hope you get lots of tough guy internet points for this post. 

25 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Muh mask makes me feel better😭😭😭

:pointstosky:

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Muh mask makes me feel better😭😭😭

I'm getting tired of these science deniers who don't believe vaccines work. 

Vaccines work people! If I'm vaccinated I don't need to wear a mask or socially distance. Science works.

38 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm getting tired of these science deniers who don't believe vaccines work. 

Vaccines work people! If I'm vaccinated I don't need to wear a mask or socially distance. Science works.

Turns out the anti-vaxxers weren't who we thought they were.  :dunno:

So if I get the vaccine:

1. I still can get a variant of corona
  2. I still have to wear a mask

No thanks.

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

So if I get the vaccine:

1. I still can get a variant of corona
  2. I still have to wear a mask

No thanks.

Tha focking retarded Fauci a hole needs to stop lying to everyone, focking piece of crap .  All all these poosay goons who just believe everything the guy says need to take a boot to the focking skull.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mrs. Voltaire said:

Tha focking retarded Fauci a hole needs to stop lying to everyone, focking piece of crap. 

What?  And lose his instant reservation to any restaurant in DC?  I think not!   That mug loves the spotlight.  

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

What?  And lose his instant reservation to any restaurant in DC?  I think not!   That mug loves the spotlight.  

Drives me absolute batsh!t, the people who think he actually cares about anything but self-preservation and opportunism.

2 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

Drives me absolute batsh!t, the people who think he actually cares about anything but self-preservation and opportunism.

No one would have ever believed the first piece of drivel that rolled out of his lying mouth if Trump didn't accuse him of rolling drivel out of his lying mouth.

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2021 at 12:38 PM, lod001 said:

So the fatties and unhealthy are dying once covid gets in their system. They are not dying from covid, they are dying from being unhealthy to begin with and the comorbidities they walk around with.  Hey, get a shot of experimental 'vaccine' (that they have no idea if it even works 6 months from now, and get a free donut every day for a year. JFC, you can't even make up this kind of insanity.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/krispy-kreme-free-doughnut-every-day-2021-covid-19-vaccination-card/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=114037314

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/free-krispy-kreme-vaccination-doughnuts-how-to-get-them-all-year-even-without-a-vaccine/

"We understand that choosing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine is a highly personal decision," the company said on its website. It adds that if you decide not to get the vaccine you can still get a free Original Glazed doughnut and medium brewed coffee on Mondays, "to get your week off to a good start." 

18 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

TDS

22 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

No one would have ever believed the first piece of drivel that rolled out of his lying mouth if Trump didn't accuse him of rolling drivel out of his lying mouth.

haha, this is too true.  If Trump just said how awesome he was, dude would have been run out of town.  Now he's the poster child of "science" and "responsibility".  He should be decapitated.

16 hours ago, TimHauck said:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/free-krispy-kreme-vaccination-doughnuts-how-to-get-them-all-year-even-without-a-vaccine/

"We understand that choosing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine is a highly personal decision," the company said on its website. It adds that if you decide not to get the vaccine you can still get a free Original Glazed doughnut and medium brewed coffee on Mondays, "to get your week off to a good start." 

It will allow for "one redemption per guest per day" so you could, in theory, get a free doughnut every day for the rest of the year. 

I mean, at this point, it's all a joke, right?  At the Covid brain trust meetings, I bet they say..."Hey, what stupid mask rules you think we can make em do this week"?

16 hours ago, Fireballer said:

That was fun to watch. If you don't laugh, you'll cry at that shlt.

16 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Listen to the fear in her voice. She shouldn't be in any position to pick and choose what rules are followed. Obviously a very emotional creature. This is embarrassing and she should step down if she hasn't already.

42 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I mean, at this point, it's all a joke, right?  At the Covid brain trust meetings, I bet they say..."Hey, what stupid mask rules you think we can make em do this week"?

Masks don't work. It's been proven. I don't know why people keep falling back on this talisman.

40 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't know why people keep falling back on this talisman.

People have to believe in masks.  Otherwise, they would have to face the fact that this thing is gonna run it's course, whether we like it or not.  Perpetuating the fallacy that masks work, allows weak minded individuals a tool to think theyre actually doing something constructive.  Most people are soft and wouldn't be able to accept the fact that theres nothing their politicians can do for them.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

People have to believe in masks.  Otherwise, they would have to face the fact that this thing is gonna run it's course, whether we like it or not.  Perpetuating the fallacy that masks work, allows weak minded individuals a tool to think theyre actually doing something constructive.  Most people are soft and wouldn't be able to accept the fact that theres nothing their politicians can do for them.

100%

Somebody should tell all those medical surgeons that the Geek Club rocket surgeons say they don’t need to use masks anymore. :thumbsup: 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Somebody should tell all those medical surgeons that the Geek Club rocket surgeons say they don’t need to use masks anymore. :thumbsup: 

Surgeons and nurses performing clean surgery wear disposable face masks. The purpose of face masks is thought to be two-fold: to prevent the passage of germs from the surgeon's nose and mouth into the patient's wound and to protect the surgeon's face from sprays and splashes from the patient.

HTH