Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

An ER doctor friend of mine in Tulsa. It was part of a long discussion about pneumonia historically being listed as the cause of death when in reality many of the people that reportedly died from on pneumonia only got pneumonia because they had the flu. 

But pneumonia deaths are up, not down as per my previous link?

18 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Bullshit.  They had that factored  in from the beginning. 

Why would every government in the world want to start a global recession. It is not a conspiracy, the leaders know that extreme action is needed even though it has an extreme negative effect on the economy.

Today with possible under-counting due to heart attacks and pneumonia being misdiagnosed there were 2000 deaths due to covid-19 even though we have been social distancing for close to a month. In a bad flu season the number of deaths per day peaks at 450 deaths per day and that is without the social distancing guidelines put in place.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

But pneumonia deaths are up, not down as per my previous link?

Maybe, I misunderstood him. I am after all an idiot  

His point was the cause of death listed by a doctor is subjective. Historically deaths from the flu have probably always been much higher than reported, just like your heartache information.  There have probably always been many more cases of death from the flu being reported as heartache, pneumonia or whatever. 

I’m not saying this isn’t serious.  What we have done is necessary but there are a lot of financially invested people, including the CDC and other health orgs, playing with the “statistics”.  

You do a great job of posting good numbers.  I simply take them with a grain of salt. 

The stats are forever in the wind. We will never get an accurate assessment . There was no uniformity in reporting and every state has different rules. Then add in incentive for reporting it a certain way. We will all just have to accept that going forward. 

30 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have tried and failed for the last 3 months to get (edited out) to post here again, you will just have to believe me when I say he makes an excellent point as it relates to this. I wish I had the medical knowledge to type it  up.

I know, this is a completely useless post.

Keep working at it. Good luck.

(Something weird. I can't give you a like.)

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I missed him on my ski trip this year by 2 days. He has never told me why he left the site and he ignores me any time i ask directly, but probably for the same reason that many other good posters like Parrot, Dank Nuggs, etc have left the site.

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I missed him on my ski trip this year by 2 days. He has never told me why he left the site and he ignores me any time i ask directly, but probably for the same reason that many other good posters like Parrot, Dank Nuggs, etc have left the site.

I get that but he did have a little bit of a god complex when he posted here. 

I wish he would come back. As well as the others. 

9 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Are you fishing or are you on full lock dawn?

15 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

(Something weird. I can't give you a like.)

I deleted the post, i felt dirty name dropping like that. This is why you could not give me a like.

He was in Colorado skiing for  2 weeks in February, and I was there for 1 week, we missed each other by a couple days. I would have liked to ski with him this year, but it did not work out.  I honestly do not think he will ever return. Although I will ask him at least one more time.

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I deleted the post, i felt dirty name dropping like that. This is why you could not give me a like.

He was in Colorado skiing for  2 weeks in February, and I was there for 1 week, we missed each other by a couple days. I would have liked to ski with him this year, but it did not work out.  I honestly do not think he will ever return. Although I will ask him at least one more time.

Seeing this, I edited out the name from my quoting you as well.

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Seeing this, I edited out the name from my quoting you as well.

That keeps it a big secret 🙂

It is alright, I probably delete 10% of my posts before anyone reads them.

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Are you fishing or are you on full lock dawn?

I have a creek in my back yard. One of the benefits of living in the suburbs and choosing a house carefully, although that is just fresh water fishing and I prefer salt water. I will take the kids out this weekend and throw a nightcrawler in the creek and hopefully get a bluegill, bass, bowfin, catfish, or similar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

That keeps it a big secret 🙂

It is alright, I probably delete 10% of my posts before anyone reads them.

I almost never delete anything but I'm frequently in there editing moments after I post something.

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have a creek in my back yard. One of the benefits of living in the suburbs and choosing a house carefully, although that is just fresh water fishing and I prefer salt water. I will take the kids out this weekend and throw a nightcrawler in the creek and hopefully get a bluegill, bass, bowfin, catfish, or similar.

I have done a little fishing on the lakes at the golf course where I live. Is there too much contact to take the boat out?  

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I have done a little fishing on the lakes at the golf course where I live. Is there too much contact to take the boat out?  

No, the marina where I kept my boat it is doing an excellent job. Fueling up the boat the night before and then bleaching everything down. 

The problem is I sold my boat in the winter. First year in 7 years without a boat and my wife who normally hates boating would love to go out with the kids.

I have epic timing.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

No, the marina where I kept my boat it is doing an excellent job. Fueling up the boat the night before and then bleaching everything down. 

The problem is I sold my boat in the winter. First year in 7 years without a boat and my wife who normally hates boating would love to go out with the kids.

I have epic timing.

Damn that sux!  

On 4/9/2020 at 11:43 PM, Strike said:

Their policies drove off on of the most intelligent and thoughtful posters there in DW.  Sorry, that place is a cesspool at this point.  It used to be more balanced but over the Obama and Trump administrations their speech nazi tactics basically killed the possibility of good discourse over there.

It's the wacked out left FF of topic forum. This is the wacked out right one. 

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

No. Not even close. More righty posters? Yes. Not even close to the way they censor and banish over there. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. Not even close. More righty posters? Yes. Not even close to the way they censor and banish over there. 

I'll give you the censorship. I just meant in terms of right v left content. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'll give you the censorship. I just meant in terms of right v left content. 

I think everyone here would welcome the lefties that have left back. Would there be fireworks? Sure. But at the end of the day there isn’t a clamoring for people to be banned. They left on their own, and I’d say it’s because of Trump. Kinda sad.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I used to love documentaries. Michael Moore ruined them.  I watch most with a grain of salt if I bother too at all. I once actually owned a bunch, including Moore’s.   

I could never finish a Michael Moore one.

This one is only 50 minutes but full of biological info and the like,bottom line saying this was no accident and China is evil with a capital E.

50 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think everyone here would welcome the lefties that have left back. Would there be fireworks? Sure. But at the end of the day there isn’t a clamoring for people to be banned. They left on their own, and I’d say it’s because of Trump. Kinda sad.  

I would agree. 

5 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Why are you still here? Why is anyone still here? Those who left, left willingly. People would say it's about Trump. It ain't.  They left because they are nuts. Their whole world view was turned upside down when people like Drobs started being right everytime. And they, who thought they were intelligent and enlightened,  were wrong.  There was discourse under Obama, but not Trump.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:  Instead of just posting a link. Why not give a synopsis of what it says?

Unfortunately, the original study published that says Hydroxychloroquine is a viable treatment has major issues with its framework and reliability of the results. 

Hopefully, soon the ongoing study being done can be published so we can have real answers about the viability of it as a treatment

47 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Why are you still here? Why is anyone still here? Those who left, left willingly. People would say it's about Trump. It ain't.  They left because they are nuts. Their whole world view was turned upside down when people like Drobs started being right everytime. And they, who thought they were intelligent and enlightened,  were wrong.  There was discourse under Obama, but not Trump.  

Sure. I'm not saying people didn't leave voluntarily. And obviously, that is the bug difference between the two sites. One has free speech, the other doesn't. 

3 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Unfortunately, the original study published that says Hydroxychloroquine is a viable treatment has major issues with its framework and reliability of the results. 

Hopefully, soon the ongoing study being done can be published so we can have real answers about the viability of it as a treatment

:lol: And yet they aren't disputing it. They just have issues with the methodology, while giving no examples. Then the article goes on to spout the bs about taking the drug from others who might "need it more". Real science there. It's a nonsense article. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sure. I'm not saying people didn't leave voluntarily. And obviously, that is the bug difference between the two sites. One has free speech, the other doesn't. 

And just look which ideology requires the stifling of free speech to survive. A true microcosm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

And just look which ideology requires the stifling of free speech to survive. A true microcosm.

Great point.

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol: And yet they aren't disputing it. They just have issues with the methodology, while giving no examples. Then the article goes on to spout the bs about taking the drug from others who might "need it more". Real science there. It's a nonsense article. 

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Giving no examples?  It says what the issues raised were and that the ISAC sent the issues to the authors. Nobody has said the treatment does not work, but the methodology of the study published has issues and the reliability of the results are in question 

If you want the details of the issues being raised you can read some here

https://pubpeer.com/publications/B4044A446F35DF81789F6F20F8E0EE

early results of other studies

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/04/06/hydroxychloroquine-update-for-april-6

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

You're pretty much talking about how one person wants his forum to be.  That does not reflect how all of the other posters are.  If the rules were as relaxed as they are here those same posters would word their posts quite differently.  For example, my posts are different from this site to that site.  I choose my word more carefully on their site and so do the rest.  There are plenty of anti-Trump posters on that site than have been suspended.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're pretty much talking about how one person wants his forum to be.  That does not reflect how all of the other posters are.  If the rules were as relaxed as they are here those same posters would word their posts quite differently.  For example, my posts are different from this site to that site.  I choose my word more carefully on their site and so do the rest.  There are plenty of anti-Trump posters on that site than have been suspended.

For their opinion on Trump or another topic all together?

18 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

For their opinion on Trump or another topic all together?

There's no question that the majority of posters there are liberal and are against Trump.  The free speech part is a result of how Joe wants everyone to act.  He wants there to be respectful discussions which is pretty much impossible with an online political forum.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There's no question that the majority of posters there are liberal and are against Trump.  I free speech part is a result of how Joe wants everyone to act.  He wants there to be respectful discussions which is pretty much impossible with an online political forum.

That is not true. He pretty much has prescribed exactly what people can say. It's not bipartisan.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There's no question that the majority of posters there are liberal and are against Trump.  I free speech part is a result of how Joe wants everyone to act.  He wants there to be respectful discussions which is pretty much impossible with an online political forum.

This is incorrect. I went over there with the knowledge that the dude bans people for conservative political opinion and posted a new topic about AOC. I quoted her and supplied a link and my only comments were that I think she is losing it with her 12 year prediction of when we are all going to die because of the climate. 

I got a couple "who are you" posts. One post welcoming me to the site. No one addressed my actual post. Within 5 minutes the thread was deleted and I was perma-banned.  

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

That is not true. He pretty much has prescribed exactly what people can say. It's not bipartisan.

What's not true?