Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

They were not added to the CDC total, just the state published total.

The reason was because there were a much larger number of hospital deaths due to pneumonia and heart attacks than in previous years.

Link?  I’ve trying to find deaths (by reason) for March 2020 compared to March 2019.

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Placing dead bodies in cooled semis and digging mass temporary burial sites is just business as usual I guess. You would make a great Chinese politician

That mass grave they keep showing has been there for years...its where they put the homeless and indigent...people act like that is new...look up the history of that piece of land. Lol

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/04/unclaimed-coronavirus-victims-being-buried-on-hart-island-long-history-as-potters-field/

37 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Link?  I’ve trying to find deaths (by reason) for March 2020 compared to March 2019.

I have not managed to find a good raw data set, I wonder how much auto fatalities are down, etc.

There are articles that show influenza, pneumonia, and heart attacks though.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/13/deaths-from-cardiac-arrests-have-surged-in-new-york-city

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

I have not managed to find a good raw data set, I wonder how much auto fatalities are down, etc.

There are articles that show influenza, pneumonia, and heart attacks though.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/13/deaths-from-cardiac-arrests-have-surged-in-new-york-city

Auto fatalities are doubled in Minnesota compared to 2019. 

40 minutes ago, Strike said:

So we just assume now?

No, I am glad CDC is keeping them separate, although it is also important for the hospital to note the death as probable for when they study this in the future. 

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I would have thought the opposite, but it looks like some people are driving excessively fast.

https://m.startribune.com/fatal-crashes-surge-despite-sharp-drop-in-traffic-across-minnesota/569473872/

yup...one would think the opposite. :wacko:  I thought it was a joke until I looked it up. 

Just a bit of reality here. I've mentioned this before.

Homeless shelters. I've been volunteering more and more at 1 here in town. They were basically breaking every f****** rule that neither side wants to come up with.

There is one really smart press writer who figured that out. Look, you can either socially distance or shelter in place when your homeless but you can't do both.

We have had people stacked up like f****** cordwood for weeks.  Hundreds of people stacked up elbow to a******. By all accounts, they and I and we should be dropping it like f****** fruit flies. But we're not.

Meanwhile Buffy and Tad are hiding behind their gated communities and lysoling their f****** delivered groceries.

... and some of them are still getting the virus.

That's not cognitive dissonance. That's factual f****** differences.

So what f****** gives? my town has a quarantine unit with last count? About a hundred 25 beds. Last roll call? Five f****** people.

how do I know? Because I f****** volunteered to go there. Sign the waivers and whatnot. The f*** I  Care? F****** volunteers out number quarantine victims about 5 to 1.

Won't hear that in the press that will you?

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Just a bit of reality here. I've mentioned this before.

Homeless shelters. I've been volunteering more and more at 1 here in town. They were basically breaking every f****** rule that neither side wants to come up with.

There is one really smart press writer who figured that out. Look, you can either socially distance or shelter in place when your homeless but you can't do both.

We have had people stacked up like f****** cordwood for weeks.  Hundreds of people stacked up elbow to a******. By all accounts, they and I and we should be dropping it like f****** fruit flies. But we're not.

Meanwhile Buffy and Tad are hiding behind their gated communities and lysoling their f****** delivered groceries.

... and some of them are still getting the virus.

That's not cognitive dissonance. That's factual f****** differences.

So what f****** gives? my town has a quarantine unit with last count? About a hundred 25 beds. Last roll call? Five f****** people.

how do I know? Because I f****** volunteered to go there. Sign the waivers and whatnot. The f*** I  Care? F****** volunteers out number quarantine victims about 5 to 1.

Won't hear that in the press that will you?

Wiffleball's other volunteer work.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Wiffleball's other volunteer work.

I love those goofy bazterds.

• Haha 1

My manager forced another team to lay off 3 American developers and they hired 3 in India, he has not yet forced me to do that, however we had a meeting today where he said he is scheduling some interviews with developers in India.

He knows that I cannot get rid of one of mine this year, but he is going to force me to hire a guy in India with the idea of having 6 months of knowledge transfer. The only thing saving my team is that they are more technical, ie hydraulics, heat transfer, chemistry, and other technical knowledge in addition to .net skills which are a dime a dozen.

This downturn is going to push everything to India.

• Sad 2

20% pay deferment and a suspension of 401k match announced today.

Dunno if the deferment means we go back to our original salary or if they will back pay us or both.

If they back pay, well heck that's a forced 20% into my savings, which is fine by me

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

20% pay deferment and a suspension of 401k match announced today.

Dunno if the deferment means we go back to our original salary or if they will back pay us or both.

If they back pay, well heck that's a forced 20% into my savings, which is fine by me

We had a 20% paycut starting this week and lasting until the second week of June. Although, many people think it will continue after that point. The price of oil will be low as long as people are not traveling.

On 4/13/2020 at 10:45 AM, MTSkiBum said:

With this plant shutdown the US loses 5% of its pork capacity. I do not think we will run out of food, but I think we are going to run out of different types of food. Hopefully they can bring it back online quickly.

I would be in favor of Trump using the national guard to help these facilities out. Let the employees recover and have a bunch of 18-20 year old kids work and process the pork.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/meat-industry-warns-shortages-plants-close-coronavirus

We are losing another pork plant. I think there could be a possibility of food shortages unless some action is taken quickly.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2020/04/14/testing-rural-iowa-covid-19-coronavirus-tyson-food-pork-processing/2989203001/

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

My manager forced another team to lay off 3 American developers and they hired 3 in India, he has not yet forced me to do that, however we had a meeting today where he said he is scheduling some interviews with developers in India.

He knows that I cannot get rid of one of mine this year, but he is going to force me to hire a guy in India with the idea of having 6 months of knowledge transfer. The only thing saving my team is that they are more technical, ie hydraulics, heat transfer, chemistry, and other technical knowledge in addition to .net skills which are a dime a dozen.

This downturn is going to push everything to India.

There will be a quality impact in moving things to India.  They can code just the ones in Belarus or the Philippines, but it will take twice as long to design and test because they suck at specifications and giving you what you need.  

14 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

There will be a quality impact in moving things to India.  They can code just the ones in Belarus or the Philippines, but it will take twice as long to design and test because they suck at specifications and giving you what you need.  

And when you spend a year to finally get them trained and producing at a halfway decent level then they understand that they are underpaid and take that knowledge and leave. Then you are stuck training one from scratch again.

I have 3 developers still, and we manage the both the functional and technical knowledge of 10 different applications. All of my developers can be users of the application in addition to programming. This saves a tremendous amount of time when it comes to documenting the requirements.  But it takes time to teach a developer how to use the application and why the application does what it does.

This means I spend little time documenting functional requirements and that gives me flexibility on how I spend my time. I can ask them to contact the end user directly, and I know that they can handle everything up to the production deployment with no involvement on my end.

I point out to my manager how other teams have more programmers for a single application that is less complicated than my most complicated app, however he has not worked in IT and was an HR manager previously. He understands that we produce more with less, but does not understand the why.

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

And when you spend a year to finally get them trained and producing at a halfway decent level then they understand that they are underpaid and take that knowledge and leave. Then you are stuck training one from scratch again.

I have 3 developers still, and we manage the both the functional and technical knowledge of 10 different applications. All of my developers can be users of the application in addition to programming. This saves a tremendous amount of time when it comes to documenting the requirements.  But it takes time to teach a developer how to use the application and why the application does what it does.

This means I spend little time documenting functional requirements and that gives me flexibility on how I spend my time. I can ask them to contact the end user directly, and I know that they can handle everything up to the production deployment with no involvement on my end.

I point out to my manager how other teams have more programmers for a single application that is less complicated than my most complicated app, however he has not worked in IT and was an HR manager previously. He understands that we produce more with less, but does not understand the why.

Seems like you need to educate your manager a little.  Anyone in IT knows this (at least if they are half decent).  

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

Is there anyone here that seriously thinks that the Chinese did not lie about the impact of the virus at the time, the number of dead afterwards and any other part of things related to the virus today? 

There was some study that came out today that said that the hyroxichloroquine (sp?) was not effective in treating the disease.  Yeah, go fock yourself before I believe any study from China related to this virus.  

California is giving out money to illegal immigrants now.  If I was Trump, I would pull back any money I'm giving out in California.  We obviously don't need it here.

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Is there anyone here that seriously thinks that the Chinese did not lie about the impact of the virus at the time, the number of dead afterwards and any other part of things related to the virus today? 

There was some study that came out today that said that the hyroxichloroquine (sp?) was not effective in treating the disease.  Yeah, go fock yourself before I believe any study from China related to this virus.  

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus,” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter. “The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/24/trump-thanks-chinas-xi-jinping-for-handling-of-coronavirus.html

At the time Trump seemed to take their word for it. 

And the hydroxychloroquine study....first, from China so yeah suspect....and it wasn't peer reviewed.  Nowhere close to newsworthy.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

California is giving out money to illegal immigrants now.  If I was Trump, I would pull back any money I'm giving out in California.  We obviously don't need it here.

I was just about to post about this.  How do our Californian tax paying geeks feel about this one?

https://www.axios.com/california-undocumented-immigrant-coronavirus-cash-52c596a0-6dc3-4697-8293-673c579d73ab.html

6 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

We are losing another pork plant. I think there could be a possibility of food shortages unless some action is taken quickly.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2020/04/14/testing-rural-iowa-covid-19-coronavirus-tyson-food-pork-processing/2989203001/

Hmmm, if only we had a huge pool of willing cheap labor somewhere nearby.

3 hours ago, FeelingMN said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/24/trump-thanks-chinas-xi-jinping-for-handling-of-coronavirus.html

At the time Trump seemed to take their word for it. 

And the hydroxychloroquine study....first, from China so yeah suspect....and it wasn't peer reviewed.  Nowhere close to newsworthy.

Not picking on FeelingMN, he's been around awhile and for all accounts seems like a cool dude,  but I'm going to use this post as something that's irked me this whole time.

He just posted a link form January 24th, about a story  (Covid-19) that has data that changes literally daily.  This is the political gotcha stuff that drives me insane.  This isn't opinions about 'medicare for all 'or gun rights or whatever.  This isn't flip flopping on abortion. 

This is a Global pandemic of a NEW virus where data, information, models literally change daily yet you'll see mutherfockers with 20/20 hindsight try to use it as political ammo.  

11 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Not picking on FeelingMN, he's been around awhile and for all accounts seems like a cool dude,  but I'm going to use this post as something that's irked me this whole time.

He just posted a link form January 24th, about a story  (Covid-19) that has data that changes literally daily.  This is the political gotcha stuff that drives me insane.  This isn't opinions about 'medicare for all 'or gun rights or whatever.  This isn't flip flopping on abortion. 

This is a Global pandemic of a NEW virus where data, information, models literally change daily yet you'll see mutherfockers with 20/20 hindsight try to use it as political ammo.  

Yet Trump pulled a pieced together video of a whole bunch of these old stories as part of a briefing and the Trumpettes cheered. Hmmmm.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Yet Trump pulled a pieced together video of a whole bunch of these old stories as part of a briefing and the Trumpettes cheered. Hmmmm.

Ask yourself Why?  Honestly ask yourself why?

He didn't do that proactively....he did it reactive  to show hypocrisy.    Because, yes, he  has a thin skin....no doubt, but I don't blame him.  

ETA:  Be honest.  It's one thing to be proactive with your 20/20 insight, Monday morning QB'ing politicizing comments from months ago on a new, changing story,  to later pointing out:  "Hey, you were saying the same thing AT THE TIME dummy".  

Surly you see the difference. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The reason is that the same media from those old stories are now trying to rake him over the coals for not acting quickly enough.  So he showed them video of them raking him over the coals and calling him a xenophobe for shutting down travel from China in January.  The media changes the narrative to make him look bad, even if it means rewriting history.

4 hours ago, nobody said:

I had a conversation with the VP of WW sales yesterday for a major test and measurement company - they are looking for somebody in the El Segundo aerospace corridor, would I be willing to relocate?  No thanks, if I support SoCal like I have for much of my career, I'll fly or drive in, thank you very much.  I see the lure of SoCal, especially near the coast, but I just couldn't live there.  

He actually said he is thinking about reconsidering his position, so we'll see.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

That's how you know it is over and they lost the battle.

1. Evidence now shows China created COVID-19 in the Wuhan Lab and it was leaked from there (I'll give them them the benefit of the doubt it was an accident and not intentional). 

2. That explains their delays and misreporting of the stats.

3. That explains the WHO covering for China at the expense of the rest of the world

4. US shut downs were to flatten the curve, to prevent hospitals from overcrowding. The curve is flat, hospitals are stacked with beds, ICU, vents. Time to open back up.

5. Every governor was wrong with their projections/requests for help. NYC had thousands of hospital beds unused, and now has so many extra vents they are giving them away to other states.

6. The "experts" were wrong with their projections. From 2.5 million deaths down to 60k deaths in a month. Now COVID-19 is literally killing less people than a strong flu season.

7. 90% of the deaths are people over 60. 95% of the deaths had comorbidities. NIH guidelines say to code any death as COVID-19 even if actual cause of death was heart attack or suicide. Hospitals have financial incentive to code for COVID-19. $13k per patient. NYC added 3k+ deaths to their list on Monday/Tuesday of people who died without having tested for COVID-19.

8. The health risk is over. The curve in every country has followed the same path, roughly 6 weeks to peak, then boom, recovery. That is where US is now.

9. The only people still fear mongering are politicians, media, and doctors/businesses that benefit financially from a long term shut down to wait for vaccine.

10. The people with big egos who can't accept the fact that they were wrong and it is time to start acting like America again rather than communist China or Nazi Germany are left with no ammo other than "Drumpf said this in January" or "Drumpf didn't do this in February" or "Drumpf has no right to enforce the Constitution 'in times like these'"

• Like 3

It is truly amazing to see how the TDS crowd keeps doubling down on stupid as things are getting better.

It will be interesting to see if D governors and mayors keep their citizens on lockdown just to spite Trump.

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Ask yourself Why?  Honestly ask yourself why?

He didn't do that proactively....he did it reactive  to show hypocrisy.    Because, yes, he  has a thin skin....no doubt, but I don't blame him.  

ETA:  Be honest.  It's one thing to be proactive with your 20/20 insight, Monday morning QB'ing politicizing comments from months ago on a new, changing story,  to later pointing out:  "Hey, you were saying the same thing AT THE TIME dummy".  

Surly you see the difference. 

If I go with that, then isn’t the press reacting to Trump’s attacks on “Fake News”? He made his own fake news. It is hypocritical for both the press and Trump. I at least see that.

26 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I had a conversation with the VP of WW sales yesterday for a major test and measurement company - they are looking for somebody in the El Segundo aerospace corridor, would I be willing to relocate?  No thanks, if I support SoCal like I have for much of my career, I'll fly or drive in, thank you very much.  I see the lure of SoCal, especially near the coast, but I just couldn't live there.  

He actually said he is thinking about reconsidering his position, so we'll see.  :thumbsup:

I left my wallet in El Segundo. :bandana:

45 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

So Strike posts an article detailing how China was negligent in dealing with corona for six days in January.  Fatboy points out that no one should have taken what they said at the time seriously.  I point out that Trump actually took what they said at the time seriously and it's some gotcha moment?  

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Good pay?

Like I said, I think any president would be damned if they do damned if they don't in this situation.

But Im  never shocked to find out how short people's memories are around here. I saw a really good video today of mostly Fox clips put together about Obama and Ebola. And how Obama brought it over here from Africa and how would she call it iEbama or Eboma. How Obama didn't act quickly enough, does that sound familiar?

It reminds me of retards who when Bush jr. Was in office kept saying here on the board , you cant criticize the president in a time of war!  😠And then when Obama was president during the same f****** Wars.....😏

End of the day, they'll be time enough for finger-pointing. Right now, just open up the damn bars.