Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Just now, TimmySmith said:

That there is any sense of "free speech" there.

There's some but not much.  I'm not really arguing that.

10 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Why would every government in the world want to start a global recession. It is not a conspiracy, the leaders know that extreme action is needed even though it has an extreme negative effect on the economy.

Today with possible under-counting due to heart attacks and pneumonia being misdiagnosed there were 2000 deaths due to covid-19 even though we have been social distancing for close to a month. In a bad flu season the number of deaths per day peaks at 450 deaths per day and that is without the social distancing guidelines put in place.

Good point here ski. The Corona truthers will probably never be convinced. They will never believe that what happened in NY would have happened around the country if we didn't take action. 

They also don't realize that the one person who wants the economy rolling more than they do, the one guy who can make that happen, is in support of social distancing and business closures. 

So now Trump is being fooled by the mainstream media? Come on people. If Trump is saying it's serious, then it's serious.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There's some but not much.  I'm not really arguing that.

The flip side of essentially allowing only one side is shonuff is probably thought to be just as big a nut there as he was here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TimmySmith said:

The flip side of essentially allowing only one side is shonuff is probably thought to be just as big a nut there as he was here.

I think the majority of opinions are welcome at FBG but you have to be careful with how you word it, especially if you are a Trump supporter.

• Haha 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/world-report/articles/2020-04-10/south-korea-says-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-again%3fcontext=amp

South Korean officials reported that nearly 100 people thought to be cured of the novel coronavirus have tested positive again.

Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said during a briefing that the virus may have "reactivated" in the patients rather than them becoming reinfected, Reuters reported.

Health officials in the country said it is unclear how or why this has happened in the 91 patients, but an epidemiological investigation is underway.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think the majority of opinions are welcome at FBG but you have to be careful with how you word it, especially if you are a Trump supporter.

Wtf.. How do you type this response and then act like you don't know what's going on there. 

:doh:

Why do you people continue to go round and round with this idiot?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I lurk there very rarely, maybe once ever couple of months for 10 minutes. I wouldn't last there, being who I am. In fact, this board is it for me. Been booted from FBG type boreds before and it's really not worth the energy to sign up. There, of course, are radical right wing boreds, this is certainly not one, and I don't get off on them either. 

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

Wtf.. How do you type this response and then act like you don't know what's going on there. 

:doh:

Why do you people continue to go round and round with this idiot?

Don't be such a Richard.

Our over the top governor has banned golf, landscape companies. 

If you go to the store you're forbidden from buying landscape supplies. And stores are forbidden to sell them.

Wanna drive over to your sons house?  Nope.  Against the law.  Even if you keep your distance.

This sh!t has totally gone to her head in Michigan 

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

If you go to the store you're forbidden from buying landscape supplies. And stores are forbidden to sell them.

Wanna drive over to your sons house?  Nope.  Against the law.  Even if you keep your distance.

Yeah, she's off the focking rails.  Instead, maybe quarantine the Detroit area a few weeks ago.  Moron.  And all her still news photos make her look like Miss Maisel.  Is that supposed to make us all feel safer?

8 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

And I see the people on the water can be there only in canoe, kayak or sailboat but anything with a motor is restricted.  I suppose the real distributor of the virus is linked to the use of petrol (unless you are in line at Starbucks).

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Don't be such a Richard.

But Richard is right!

1 minute ago, joneo said:

But Richard is right!

Having a difference of opinion does not make him right.

5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

when people like Drobs started being right everytime.

Dumb.  Drobeski has never been wrong.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

Dumb.  Drobeski has never been wrong.

You misinterpret. You and I know it, but it was a terribly bitter pill for Worms and Pen.

8 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're pretty much talking about how one person wants his forum to be.  That does not reflect how all of the other posters are.  If the rules were as relaxed as they are here those same posters would word their posts quite differently.  For example, my posts are different from this site to that site.  I choose my word more carefully on their site and so do the rest.  There are plenty of anti-Trump posters on that site than have been suspended.

How many of them have been permanently banned?

The ratio has to be around 100:1, all because Aaron Rudnicki likes to drink jizz milkshakes for breakfast.

I heard the US government just sent 1m masks to Israel meanwhile our own soldiers/people are having to purchase their own. Wtf. 😂

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I heard the US government just sent 1m masks to Israel meanwhile our own soldiers/people are having to purchase their own. Wtf. 😂

Probably sent by American Jews. 

This thread will eclipse 100 pages tomorrow.  Whats the longest thread?  9/11?  That stupid name thread?

8 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

The thread about the fake Russian collusion was pretty long.

Yep.  Its 120 pgs now

I would like to see Digby34’s posts one after the other. That would be funny. I remember him having some doozies in this thread. 

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yep.  Its 120 pgs now

Kavanaugh thread was 100+ too I think

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

This thread will eclipse 100 pages tomorrow.  Whats the longest thread?  9/11?  That stupid name thread?

Easily I'm gonna go ahead and throw a name out there...

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I do believe that the Tiger Woods focking Micklesons wife had the most views, tho.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, fandandy said:

Easily I'm gonna go ahead and throw a name out there...

Yeah its up to 347 pages.

23 hours ago, supermike80 said:

23 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Many people aren’t following her orders anyway.   

My small town is still overrun with visitors from IL and IN.   She can’t control them.  

Only about half the vacation rentals are registered with the city and they’ve all been given cease and desist orders.   But that doesn’t include the surrounding communities that make up this area.   It also doesn’t include the Airbnb rentals.  

The feds should shut Airbnb down until this thing is done.   People are traveling when they shouldn’t be and stretching already thin resources in these small vacation communities.  

On 4/11/2020 at 10:02 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

Don't be such a Richard.

See if you can find your Richard. 

Disney World to furlough 43K workers April 19-

Fock- Companies cant  keep employees on the payroll forever. Though not a Disney worker, I am in the entertainment/ hospitality industry. My last day of "work" was March 12. I've still received full pay while idle but I expect our company to follow suit when they meet again on Wednesday. I know we're not going back until June or July at the earliest. 

At least Disney is going to provide healthcare benefits for a year.

Link- https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/492396-disney-world-to-furlough-43k-workers-april-19

Walt Disney World will furlough its largest amount of workers yet without pay due to the coronavirus pandemic April 19, sending about 43,000 union workers home, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

The coalition of locals that represents the workers in question, the Service Trades Council Union, made the announcement Saturday, saying Disney will provide free health care benefits for the furloughed workers for a year as well as continue paying for their education benefits, adding that about 200 union workers deemed essential will remain on the job.

Most of the theme park’s 77,000 employees are set to be furloughed due to the pandemic, which would by itself bring the metro Orlando area’s unemployment rate from February’s 2.9 percent to about 8.5 percent, according to the newspaper, citing state data.

University of Central Florida economist Sean Snaith told the Sentinel that the furloughs create a ripple effect that also trickles down to workers such as airport and rental car company staff.

“All the suppliers that will normally actively be engaged with Disney and doing business with Disney have gone idle as well,” he said.

Disney shut down its parks March 16.

"This agreement provides an easier return to work when our community recovers from the impact of COVID-19,” Disney said in a statement on the furloughs Saturday evening. “We are grateful to have worked together in good faith to help our Cast Members navigate these unprecedented times.”

While much of the rank and file expressed frustration about the furloughs in a Facebook live chat announcing them Saturday, coalition president Matt Hollis called the arrangement “a great agreement for the worst of times,” according to the Sentinel.

Florida’s unemployment system has been under particular strain due to coronavirus-related layoffs in April, with hundreds forced to physically appear to apply for benefits despite social distancing recommendations after a surge of applicants crashed the state’s online database in south Florida.

9 minutes ago, Old School said:

Disney World to furlough 43K workers April 19-

Fock- Companies cant  keep employees on the payroll forever. I  expect our company to follow suit when they meet again on Wednesday. At least Disney is going to provide healthcare benefits for a year.

Link- https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/492396-disney-world-to-furlough-43k-workers-april-19

Unemployment is likely to hit 30% in this short term at least. It’s a mess.