Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

9 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

It will be interesting to see if D governors and mayors keep their citizens on lockdown just to spite Trump.

Worse than that, are they concerned that they will they anger the constituents by ending the lockdown and giving the impression they agree with Trump. :dunno:

19 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Worse than that, are they concerned that they will they anger the constituents by ending the lockdown and giving the impression they agree with Trump. :dunno:

Whitmer seems intent on doing just that.  

She really went way too far with this, it’s backfiring and now she’s doubling down.  

13 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

It is truly amazing to see how the TDS crowd keeps doubling down on stupid as things are getting better.

It will be interesting to see if D governors and mayors keep their citizens on lockdown just to spite Trump.

D mayor of KCMO just extended to May 15th

37 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

That is something I can get behind.  WTF kind of medical person would do that and not expect to be canned?

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That is something I can get behind.  WTF kind of medical person would do that and not expect to be canned?

It's common for leftists these days to do things IRL that are typically praised on Twitter

On 3/13/2020 at 1:17 PM, Baker Boy said:

This is all so stupid! Isolate the old and the weak and let everyone else live their normal lives. Their chance of dying from this is very small. Most of the people that need protection are the least productive members of our society so life goes on as normal. We don’t have to stop the world. 

I still stand by this post but since our government took another direction I am following the guide lines 100%. Let’s see how this turns out.

There will be a second wave and a third wave and a....

Most of the deaths from the Spanish Flu occurred during the third wave.

1 hour ago, Intense Observer said:

Kudos to OH governor, he bailed out of the Midwest Pact, says OH is opening up on May 1st.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovMikeDeWine/status/1250852757260718080?

"I am an optimist and am confident that Ohioans will also live up to the challenge of doing things differently as we open back up beginning on May 1st."

Interesting. 

Some good news coming on the treatment front.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/early-peek-at-data-on-gilead-coronavirus-drug-suggests-patients-are-responding-to-treatment/

A Chicago hospital treating severe Covid-19 patients with Gilead Sciences’ antiviral medicine remdesivir in a closely watched clinical trial is seeing rapid recoveries in fever and respiratory symptoms, with nearly all patients discharged in less than a week, STAT has learned.

Remdesivir was one of the first medicines identified as having the potential to impact SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes Covid-19, in lab tests. The entire world has been waiting for results from Gilead’s clinical trials, and positive results would likely lead to fast approvals by the Food and Drug Administration and other regulatory agencies. If safe and effective, it could become the first approved treatment against the disease.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Some good news coming on the treatment front.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/early-peek-at-data-on-gilead-coronavirus-drug-suggests-patients-are-responding-to-treatment/

A Chicago hospital treating severe Covid-19 patients with Gilead Sciences’ antiviral medicine remdesivir in a closely watched clinical trial is seeing rapid recoveries in fever and respiratory symptoms, with nearly all patients discharged in less than a week, STAT has learned.

Remdesivir was one of the first medicines identified as having the potential to impact SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes Covid-19, in lab tests. The entire world has been waiting for results from Gilead’s clinical trials, and positive results would likely lead to fast approvals by the Food and Drug Administration and other regulatory agencies. If safe and effective, it could become the first approved treatment against the disease.

This is the one I heard about a couple of weeks ago. One of the list of a handful that the news was touting as a possible treatment. Let’s hope it is something that can help.

22 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Like I said, I think any president would be damned if they do damned if they don't in this situation.

But Im  never shocked to find out how short people's memories are around here. I saw a really good video today of mostly Fox clips put together about Obama and Ebola. And how Obama brought it over here from Africa and how would she call it iEbama or Eboma. How Obama didn't act quickly enough, does that sound familiar?

It reminds me of retards who when Bush jr. Was in office kept saying here on the board , you cant criticize the president in a time of war!  😠And then when Obama was president during the same f****** Wars.....😏

End of the day, they'll be time enough for finger-pointing. Right now, just open up the damn bars.

I don't remember this but I'm open to being wrong.  Link to the video?  Or any source?

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't remember this but I'm open to being wrong.  Link to the video?  Or any source?

It will be some random poster saying this...or an alt right website that nobody has ever heard of. 

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

It will be some random poster saying this...or an alt right website that nobody has ever heard of. 

I did some acid in the 80’s, so maybe I said something back then that could back against me. :dunno:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Literally first Google result

I just watched that whole montage.  Maybe I missed it but never heard:

Obama brought it over here from Africa and how would she call it iEbama or Eboma.

I'm sure one person in all of the media may have said that.   My bad.  :(

Which is the EXACT same as 80% of the full media (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc.) today.  

Solid comparison.  :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We're the Geek Club and we don't even do that.  I know this personally because of how many times I've wanted to post exactly this in reverse but hold back since I don't want to be the only one going Newbie. Not even in Ruth Bader Ginsburg threads where I've struggled with this the most.

I got chewed out once for wishing death on GW Bush. I probably should have picked up a time out or a ban but never did. Regardless, I learned a lesson and would notice if anybody acted as classless and tasteless as I did.

On 4/16/2020 at 1:28 AM, MTSkiBum said:

We had a 20% paycut starting this week and lasting until the second week of June. Although, many people think it will continue after that point. The price of oil will be low as long as people are not traveling.

Our paychecks just didn't show up this month. Then, three days late, when we asked about it, they told us they were having meetings to determine what was going to happen.

Ended up being an almost 80% cut.

They don't seem to understand how hard it is going to be to replace all of us. Every single foreigner here is already looking for jobs elsewhere.

What they think is going to happen is that school starts, they put us back on full pay, and ask us to sign new deals for next year with no raise. Then they will hire a bunch of newbies to fill in the gaps.

Problem is, those newbies don't exist, and the market right now is a sellers market BIG TIME. Salaries listed all over the place are higher than ours by a third or more.

So they will be losing the entire staff. Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of folks.

I plan on re signing a contract here, and then taking a job starting in September in Japan. Take their pay all summer, and then just not come back. They can't do sh!t besides blackball me from this province, which I never want to set foot in anyway. 

I'm still getting zero income for zero work done and still living on savings.

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Our paychecks just didn't show up this month. Then, three days late, when we asked about it, they told us they were having meetings to determine what was going to happen.

They don't seem to understand how hard it is going to be to replace all of us. Every single foreigner here is already looking for jobs elsewhere.

What they think is going to happen is that school starts, they put us back on full pay, and ask us to sign new deals for next year with no raise. Then they will hire a bunch of newbies to fill in the gaps.

Problem is, those newbies don't exist, and the market right now is a sellers market BIG TIME. Salaries listed all over the place are higher than ours by a third or more.

So they will be losing the entire staff. Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of folks.

I plan on re signing a contract here, and then taking a job starting in September in Japan. Take their pay all summer, and then just not come back. They can't do sh!t besides blackball me from this province, which I never want to set foot in anyway. 

Dude thats harsh.  Sorry to hear that.   

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The problem is all schools in the world are shutdown now. Are you able to get back to the US to wait it out here?

The US is probably worse as far as the virus is concerned, but it would be better to wait it out at your dad's than in China?

11 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The problem is all schools in the world are shutdown now. Are you able to get back to the US to wait it out here?

The US is probably worse as far as the virus is concerned, but it would be better to wait it out at your dad's than in China?

Well, the only flights from China to the US right now are multi connection, 45 hour itineraries, and id have to do 2 weeks in a hole when I got there. Plus they cost just crazy money. And my wife couldn't go.

Supposedly school is going to start here in two weeks. They had a dry run yesterday with some students showing them the procedures yesterday. All 1000 staff members had to get tested the other day. If that happens, our pay will return to normal and we can save a bit and gtfo. That's the hope anyway.

10 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Well, the only flights from China to the US right now are multi connection, 45 hour itineraries, and id have to do 2 weeks in a hole when I got there. Plus they cost just crazy money. And my wife couldn't go.

Supposedly school is going to start here in two weeks. They had a dry run yesterday with some students showing them the procedures yesterday. All 1000 staff members had to get tested the other day. If that happens, our pay will return to normal and we can save a bit and gtfo. That's the hope anyway.

id starting walking and then find a ship out of closest port and hide in smokestack ala indy jones to get out of that focking scumbag country.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 12:29 PM, Strike said:

Did anyone suggest we did?  Not being *sh, just asking.  I didn't think anyone did.

I don't see any difference between a FBG puke who complains to their mods to get others banned there and a FBG puke that posts here and complains to our mods to get a poster here banned.  There is at least one presently posting here that is down with that.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v1

*some* confirmation of what many thought...many of us have/had this and dont/never know/knew.  Widespread testing for antibodies is necessary.  Get people back to work. 

Using the above, I tried to fit the doubling time for both scenarios, sheltering in place and prior to sheltering in place.

I get a doubling time of 3 days prior to the shutdown and a doubling time of 5 days post shutdown, with a R0 of 3.5 and 2.5 for both scenarios respectfully.  I just put his together in excel for my own benefit, but thought i would post it here as well. I understand i made many assumptions that are probably incorrect.

Cases    Date
1    8-Feb
2    11-Feb
4    14-Feb
8    17-Feb
16    20-Feb
32    23-Feb
64    26-Feb
128    29-Feb
256    3-Mar
512    6-Mar
1024    9-Mar
2048    12-Mar
4096    15-Mar -- shelter in place started and doubling time changed
8192    20-Mar
16384    25-Mar
32768    30-Mar
65536    4-Apr

16 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Using the above, I tried to fit the doubling time for both scenarios, sheltering in place and prior to sheltering in place.

I get a doubling time of 3 days prior to the shutdown and a doubling time of 5 days post shutdown, with a R0 of 3.5 and 2.5 for both scenarios respectfully.  I just put his together in excel for my own benefit, but thought i would post it here as well. I understand i made many assumptions that are probably incorrect.

Cases    Date
1    8-Feb
2    11-Feb
4    14-Feb
8    17-Feb
16    20-Feb
32    23-Feb
64    26-Feb
128    29-Feb
256    3-Mar
512    6-Mar
1024    9-Mar
2048    12-Mar
4096    15-Mar -- shelter in place started and doubling time changed
8192    20-Mar
16384    25-Mar
32768    30-Mar
65536    4-Apr

The average time on a respirator is 10 days according to a university of washington study, according to CDC the average time from onset of symptoms to needing a respirator is 8-12 days, and the average asymptomatic time is 5 days. For a total time of case resolving of 25 days.

Currently there have been 69 deaths in santa clara county due to coronavirus and I calculated somewhere around 12,000 cases 25 days ago. This means that I would estimate the mortality rate at .5%.

With a very large factor of error since I do not do this for a living, unlike some geeks.

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

As a businessman he knows there won’t be much of a country to preserve if we don’t get back to business soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

As a businessman he knows there won’t be much of a country to preserve if we don’t get back to business soon.

If he wants to make that case, fine. Seems a little weird to encourage protests against state governors through Twitter. He pretty much owns the fallout now.

Our COVID inpatient count has increased all week after a short decline. Three of our four adult ICUs are still dedicated to COVID patients, plus three non-critical care units. The unit I've been working this past week has so far successfully discontinued mechanical ventilation on two patients with three deaths and a few more soon to join them. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Our COVID inpatient count has increased all week after a short decline. Three of our four adult ICUs are still dedicated to COVID patients, plus three non-critical care units. The unit I've been working this past week has so far successfully discontinued mechanical ventilation on two patients with three deaths and a few more soon to join them. 

Are your docs trying any of the experimental drugs on patients?

25 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Stay strong and healthy!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Are your docs trying any of the experimental drugs on patients?

Hydroxychloroquine is part of the treatment, though studies now are finding that it is useless unless stated very early (in critical patients or had no positive effect and can be harmful due to side effects and reactions when combined with other drugs). I know they applied for COVID survivor donor plasma for at least one patient. Nitric oxide has had questionable results so far on patients we have used it on. 

2 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Hydroxychloroquine is part of the treatment, though studies now are finding that it is useless unless stated very early (in critical patients or had no positive effect and can be harmful due to side effects and reactions when combined with other drugs). I know they applied for COVID survivor donor plasma for at least one patient. Nitric oxide has had questionable results so far on patients we have used it on. 

Thanks for the response.  :thumbsup: