Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

So I guess the media has decided to suddenly try to make asian-americans victims?

42 minutes ago, dogcows said:

As administrators from Yale might tell you, they believe there are applicants that are qualified, but due to the fact that they go to underfunded schools, even the most talented students don’t perform as well on the typical measurements colleges use to determine the top students… so they take that into account during their admissions process. This type of thing has been done by other universities for years and courts have upheld it. The Trump lawsuit was an attempt to re-litigate the issue before a “friendlier” Supreme Court.

I do interviews for admission to an elite university (well, did before cancer, we’ll see moving forward), so I’m aware of the “belief” that some kids might have been more qualified.  Unfortunately the result is that kids who are qualified, who have worked their entire life for this moment, often don’t get to attend because they don’t have the right ethnic background.  These schools already have low admission rates due to the high number of applicants, so it is hard for any one kid to say he or she got cheated.  But some do get cheated.

Seems like data should be available.  Are universities employing affirmative action not keeping this data?  If not, they sure as shìt should be.

Asian Americans voted Biden 61%-31% in 2020.  Trump actually improved from his showing in 2016, when Asian Americans voted Hillary 65%-27%.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/asian-americans-voted-biden-63-31-reality-more-complex-n1247171

The datum suggests that Biden just barely squeaked by with a win as almost every demo shifted towards him in 2020.  White males shifted to Biden a little bit which made up for it.

Here's a perfect example of how the Dems have just recently embraced the anti-Asian violence to further the "whiteness is what ails America" narrative.  This is all for political theater.  Leftists give zero fuks about Asians and loath their embracement of American values.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9387179/Entire-senior-staff-San-Francisco-schools-denounces-school-board-members-tweets.html

On 3/18/2021 at 5:32 PM, wiffleball said:

Did you know that freed slaves were given the right to vote before Chinese immigrants were? True fact.

The only thing keeping down the story of Asian oppression in America is the story of black oppression in america. they must have better agents or something. Oh wait, no the Chinese just got to the business working instead of whining and complaining for a handout.

Blacks got the right to vote en masse in 1965 with the Voting Rights Act, just stop it. 

Would you like to know what blacks were whining and complaining about? Certainly not because Grandma was pushed down by a crazy schizophrenic.

Two attacks on Asians in NYC this weekend. Perps were not white. Crickets. 

44 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Two attacks on Asians in NYC this weekend. Perps were not white. Crickets. 

But they will, just blame Trump in that case....individual accountability is lost.....

The real bigotry occurring in this  country is the blatant stereotyping of all Trump supporting white people as racist by lumping them in with a white guy committing violence against another race even if he did it for reasons other than race. 

5 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

The real bigotry occurring in this  country is the blatant stereotyping of all Trump supporting white people as racist by lumping them in with a white guy committing violence against another race even if he did it for reasons other than race. 

That's the plan, indeed.  It's all a plan to "build back better" with insane centralized power in the Fed Gov.  It must be done that way after all institutions are torn down based on faux racism.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Asian Americans voted Biden 61%-31% in 2020.  Trump actually improved from his showing in 2016, when Asian Americans voted Hillary 65%-27%.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/asian-americans-voted-biden-63-31-reality-more-complex-n1247171

The datum suggests that Biden just barely squeaked by with a win as almost every demo shifted towards him in 2020.  White males shifted to Biden a little bit which made up for it.

White people are the majority in America. Biden focused on that demographic as a strategy, knowing that any inroads among minorities from Trump would be too small to overcome gains he made. He won the popular vote by 7 million, but he also had a more focused campaign than Hillary, campaigning heavily in the states she lost by narrow margins, flipping them to him by narrow margins. So he didn’t end up with the same situation she did: win popular vote, but lose electoral college.

As for the Georgia win, that was unexpected and I wonder whether this is a one-hit wonder for the Dems or if they will get more wins there in the future.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

The thing is, this is not being done. People seem to assume it will be done, or that they will be targeted, but so far it isn’t happening. I don’t see Asian people around here fleeing whenever they see a white man. Get real.

19 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I do interviews for admission to an elite university (well, did before cancer, we’ll see moving forward), so I’m aware of the “belief” that some kids might have been more qualified.  Unfortunately the result is that kids who are qualified, who have worked their entire life for this moment, often don’t get to attend because they don’t have the right ethnic background.  These schools already have low admission rates due to the high number of applicants, so it is hard for any one kid to say he or she got cheated.  But some do get cheated.

I had a friend who felt that happened to them when they applied to college because they saw a black student they knew (I assume with lower grades but I cannot remember) get into the college instead. I get it. But there are a lot of black students that are cheated by the crappy schools in their neighborhoods. Neither thing is 100% fair, but if they’re not gonna fix the K-12 disaster in poor areas of America, then colleges have to act to try and balance it a bit…. Or at least that’s how they see it. Obviously the best solution would be to make all K-12 better and then leave race out of college admissions all together. I don’t think we’re there yet, but I don’t think it’s unattainable.

8 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The thing is, this is not being done. People seem to assume it will be done, or that they will be targeted, but so far it isn’t happening. I don’t see Asian people around here fleeing whenever they see a white man. Get real.

You fail to comprehend.  Of course that's not happening.  What is happening is the media and corporate elite feel the need to tell all the white people not to be racist.  It's f'n ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

You fail to comprehend.  Of course that's not happening.  What is happening is the media and corporate elite feel the need to tell all the white people not to be racist.  It's f'n ridiculous.

I understand. You want this to be the case. It’s not. There’s a huge difference between saying that racism is an actual problem and accusing every white person of being a racist. Some people see the former and assume it to be the latter.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

I understand. You want this to be the case. It’s not. There’s a huge difference between saying that racism is an actual problem and accusing every white person of being a racist. Some people see the former and assume it to be the latter.

But it's not a problem.  So then one has to ask the question, why in 2021 are they pushing that racism is a problem?

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

But it's not a problem.  So then one has to ask the question, why in 2021 are they pushing that racism is a problem?

See, now we get to the reality. YOU don’t believe racism is a problem. Guess what, most white people are not negatively affected by racism, so of course they don’t think it’s a problem. Slave owners didn’t see slavery as a problem either. White people in the south in the first half of the 20th century didn’t see segregation as a problem either.

Glad we got the truth out. You just don’t think racism is a problem, and THAT is why you are triggered when you see news reports that show it actually is.

Just now, dogcows said:

See, now we get to the reality. YOU don’t believe racism is a problem. Guess what, most white people are not negatively affected by racism, so of course they don’t think it’s a problem. Slave owners didn’t see slavery as a problem either. White people in the south in the first half of the 20th century didn’t see segregation as a problem either.

Glad we got the truth out. You just don’t think racism is a problem, and THAT is why you are triggered when you see news reports that show it actually is.

I'm triggered? lol.  Don't think so.  Look in the mirror.  Sorry you're too dumb to see reality.

Black dude beats 68 yr old Asian guy to a bloody pulp on the 1 train, all while yelling "MUTHA FOCKING ASIAN!!!" ... but it has yet to be labeled a "hate crime"

32 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Trying to push your own white guilt on others isn't working.  You might be ashamed of your skin color, but that doesn't mean we are.

Since the 60's, the US has given back to minorities for it's past slavery.  If you can't take advantage of that then that's on you - not those of use who had nothing to do with it.  At some point you have to get off your ass instead of complaining.  Life isn't fair for anyone.  However, we've given minorities numerous opportunities to get ahead.  If they can't then its their fault.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

I think black racism is a serious issue in this country. They hate whites, asians... hell, anyone who has a work ethic and takes on personal self responsibility and expects it of other American citizens.

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I think black racism is a serious issue in this country. They hate whites, asians... hell, anyone who has a work ethic and takes on personal self responsibility and expects it of other American citizens.

That is ridiculous and when did someone black tell you that? I don't feel that way you freak. Why don't you try to find some proof of that?? I'll wait....When you find the neighborhood where whites or Asians can't live due to blacks keeping them out you let me know. Tell me where you can find the job whites or Asians are fighting to get that blacks are preventing them from having. I'll wait... You let me know the all black school where whites or Asians weren't welcome or prevented by law from going. I'll wait.... When you find any of those, then maybe we can discuss black racism. All you've got is black crime and trust and believe, as a black woman, I am more likely to suffer from it than any other race in this society. 

In the meantime, my Asian neighbor called the police on our black neighbor under him for playing the music too loud. The police arrived and my Asian neighbor gave the police an earful about how loud the music was and how he is a paying tenant and blah, blah, blah. The police said the music was not loud based on the terms they need in order to give a citation. 

That was not a racist incident. That was simply a complaint. Just because two people disagree or get in a fight or some criminal mugs someone or a crazy person knocks someone over does not make the incident racist if they happen to be different races. 

1 minute ago, peenie said:

That is ridiculous and when did someone black tell you that? I don't feel that way you freak. Why don't you try to find some proof of that?? I'll wait....

In the meantime, my Asian neighbor called the police on our black neighbor under him for playing the music too loud. The police arrived and my Asian neighbor gave the police an earful about how loud the music was and how he is a paying tenant and blah, blah, blah. The police said the music was not loud based on the terms they need in order to give a citation. 

That was not a racist incident. That was simply a complaint. Just because two people disagree or get in a fight or some criminal mugs someone or a crazy person knocks someone over does not make the incident racist if they happen to be different races. 

It's not racism until there's a white person there to declare it so. 

11 minutes ago, peenie said:

That is ridiculous and when did someone black tell you that? I don't feel that way you freak. Why don't you try to find some proof of that?? I'll wait....

No. I think there's a long history of black people killing black people. Outside of that, I just think a large % of them are racist. 

So in your eyes, it's a hate crime and systemic racism if a white guy kills a black guy, but if a black guy randomly punches an 89 year old asian guy and kills him as they walk past each other, it's an innocent dispute. Gotcha.

2 hours ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Black dude beats 68 yr old Asian guy to a bloody pulp on the 1 train, all while yelling "MUTHA FOCKING ASIAN!!!" ... but it has yet to be labeled a "hate crime"

Bidens America. 

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

The thing is, this is not being done. 

It's absolutely being done.  White supremecy has turned into plain old whiteness.  The likes of Ibrahim Kindi and Robin D'Angelo have scared corporate America into becoming scared and woke.  So now, white people are labeled as racist for simply being neutral.  It's a sick pattern. If you're not actively "anti-racist" then you are racist.

10 hours ago, peenie said:

Blacks got the right to vote en masse in 1965 with the Voting Rights Act, just stop it. 

Would you like to know what blacks were whining and complaining about? Certainly not because Grandma was pushed down by a crazy schizophrenic.

You're about 100 years too late on that one sweetheart. Try looking up the 14th and 15th amendment. And please, highlight the parts that say Asian or Oriental or...

4 hours ago, dogcows said:

I had a friend who felt that happened to them when they applied to college because they saw a black student they knew (I assume with lower grades but I cannot remember) get into the college instead. I get it. But there are a lot of black students that are cheated by the crappy schools in their neighborhoods. Neither thing is 100% fair, but if they’re not gonna fix the K-12 disaster in poor areas of America, then colleges have to act to try and balance it a bit…. Or at least that’s how they see it. Obviously the best solution would be to make all K-12 better and then leave race out of college admissions all together. I don’t think we’re there yet, but I don’t think it’s unattainable.

While inner city education is a problem (with many factors, not just the white power hating black folks), the solution to that problem is not to admit unqualified children into elite universities.  And I specifically used the word “unqualified,” because while they may be intelligent enough to, we don’t know because they haven’t qualified themselves by successfully completing the rigors of a challenging HS curriculum (or done well on a standardized test).  So it is something of a crapshoot if they will be able to handle the even larger rigors of such colleges.  More importantly, because they have not successfully completed those courses, they lack the background knowledge presumed in many endeavors, certainly all of STEM but in other areas as well.

This leads to one of two outcomes.  One, the kids disproportionately fail.  Two, the school dumbs down its requirements.  In neither case is there a winner.

The “solution” is for such kids with potential to attend non-elite universities; most public schools, perhaps community college, with a much higher chance for success.  Get a good job, make good money, send their kids eventually to a better school, and have THEM go to the elites.  But nobody on the left wants to hear that.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/518803-left-anti-asian-violence-white/

Schrodinger's minority: Why do the left only get angry about anti-Asian violence when it’s done by whites?

Micah Curtis

After the massage parlor shootings in Atlanta, the Democrats have been quick to blame Donald Trump and guns for the violence. But why are American-Asians only considered a minority when things go south & and the attacker’s white?

Decrying any sort of race-based violence is not a bad thing. In fact, it would be rather weird if people didn't. One thing that will get people here in America to give you the side-eye is the timing and the policy prescriptions that come afterwards. The current case in point is the shooting in Atlanta that targeted massage parlors owned by, and employing, people of Asian origin.

The Democrats were quick to decry the violence, but it was attached to the same song and dance that we’ve seen over the last four years. They blamed guns and Trump. I don't know if anyone let them know this, but guns don’t fire themselves and Trump is no longer president. 

All sarcasm aside, the former president never spoke ill of Asian Americans, but of the Chinese government. Beyond that, firearms alone don’t make a killer. But the left knows all of that.

So why – when they ignored so many previous attacks on Asian Americans (there were more than 3,800 incidents of such violence last year, up by more than 150% in some cities) – have the Democrats come out so strongly now? 

The timing makes people raise their eyebrows. Especially considering that there was another Asian-targeted shooting in Compton that they aren't making a stink about. And why is that? Well, there is the distinct possibility that the shooter in that case may not have been white.

When you see an entire political wing come across like they are picking and choosing the outrage du jour, you start to wonder about the sincerity of it all. There have been several attacks in the Bay Area against Asians in the past, but you wouldn't have heard much of a peep about them because the perpetrators were black. Now, I don't believe these attacks say anything about black folks. The problem here is the selective outrage that the Democrats love to employ, blaming racist violence on three very specific things only: guns, Trump and white people.

A man urinated on a Chinese woman on the NYC subway. If Obama had a son 

7 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/518803-left-anti-asian-violence-white/

Schrodinger's minority: Why do the left only get angry about anti-Asian violence when it’s done by whites?

Micah Curtis

After the massage parlor shootings in Atlanta, the Democrats have been quick to blame Donald Trump and guns for the violence. But why are American-Asians only considered a minority when things go south & and the attacker’s white?

Decrying any sort of race-based violence is not a bad thing. In fact, it would be rather weird if people didn't. One thing that will get people here in America to give you the side-eye is the timing and the policy prescriptions that come afterwards. The current case in point is the shooting in Atlanta that targeted massage parlors owned by, and employing, people of Asian origin.

The Democrats were quick to decry the violence, but it was attached to the same song and dance that we’ve seen over the last four years. They blamed guns and Trump. I don't know if anyone let them know this, but guns don’t fire themselves and Trump is no longer president. 

All sarcasm aside, the former president never spoke ill of Asian Americans, but of the Chinese government. Beyond that, firearms alone don’t make a killer. But the left knows all of that.

So why – when they ignored so many previous attacks on Asian Americans (there were more than 3,800 incidents of such violence last year, up by more than 150% in some cities) – have the Democrats come out so strongly now? 

The timing makes people raise their eyebrows. Especially considering that there was another Asian-targeted shooting in Compton that they aren't making a stink about. And why is that? Well, there is the distinct possibility that the shooter in that case may not have been white.

When you see an entire political wing come across like they are picking and choosing the outrage du jour, you start to wonder about the sincerity of it all. There have been several attacks in the Bay Area against Asians in the past, but you wouldn't have heard much of a peep about them because the perpetrators were black. Now, I don't believe these attacks say anything about black folks. The problem here is the selective outrage that the Democrats love to employ, blaming racist violence on three very specific things only: guns, Trump and white people.

Enter the MSM to "fortify" our news delivery and not present the whole story and let people decide what to think. The result is an uninformed electorate who thinks white supremacists are taking out Asians on every street corner.

I hope the individual who did killed these people is executed.  I think the families of those he harmed should have the ability to play a role in it.

The physical characteristics of those involved is not relevant, and should not be weaponized against anyone other than the person who performed the act.

12 hours ago, Fireballer said:

It's absolutely being done.  White supremecy has turned into plain old whiteness.  The likes of Ibrahim Kindi and Robin D'Angelo have scared corporate America into becoming scared and woke.  So now, white people are labeled as racist for simply being neutral.  It's a sick pattern. If you're not actively "anti-racist" then you are racist.

I agree with this. "Silence is violence" and the whole, "If you're not doing something you're part of the problem." Unfortunately, the only way to gauge if you are doing something, and/or taking action is to make sure you're publicly declaring what you're doing; at a BLM rally, flying a flag with the cause-du-jour, etc.  If you don't outwardly show these things and you're white, then you MUST be a racist. 

I can't tell you how much I hate this. I've told friends/family/acquaintances that just because I am not announcing it to the world, it doesn't mean that I don't donate time/money/other to the causes that I believe in. It's really no one's business what I chose to believe in. BUT...if I am not outwardly shouting that BLM!!! then I must be a racist.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dogcows said:

What about rural white kids who are cheated by their crappy highly outdated schools? 

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

What about rural white kids who are cheated by their crappy highly outdated schools? 

Ideally, schools like Yale should be taking that into account as well. I don’t think they should do it on race, but by looking at how well the student did in comparison to their peers while still having a certain minimum level so students don’t arrive and become immediately overwhelmed... or offer a remedial summer program to talented, yet under-prepared students before their freshman year. This would still increase enrollment of minority students because so many come from low-performing schools.

3 hours ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

im'ma let ya click to reveal the identity of this "peaceful" protestor:

https://nypost.com/2021/03/23/video-shows-mans-anti-asian-rant-against-nypd-cop-at-protest/

:music_guitarred:

Hurling insults at a police officer at a rally against police brutality vs shooting and killing innocent Asians. Nice comparison!