Sign in to follow this  
5-Points

Just put my cat down.

She showed up on my porch about 19 years ago, claimed me as her human and never left. Sat on the couch next to me everytime I watched TV. Never took any sh!t from my dogs. She was OG. Never needed a litter box, she'd do her business outside or not at all. 

:(

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Sorry to hear!!  I have a dog and would miss him terribly!!

I have 3 and will miss the hell out of them too when the time comes. 

21 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

She showed up on my porch about 19 years ago, claimed me as her human and never left. Sat on the couch next to me everytime I watched TV. Never took any sh!t from my dogs. She was OG. Never needed a litter box, she'd do her business outside or not at all. 

I’m sorry to hear that man. My childhood cat passed away recently as well. She had been with me since high school. I know how you feel man. My cat was the kind of the same. Outdoor cat that would come inside to hang out or sleep. Those are the best cats to have and some of the most protective of their human. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Crestwood 2 said:

I lost my cat 2 years ago and he was only like 2 at the time. He loved the city life. Who knows who or what he was doin at night 😢

2 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

I lost my cat 2 years ago and he was only like 2 at the time. He loved the city life. Who knows who or what he was doin at night 😢

Hookers and blow?

Aww… that sucks. At least you did the responsible thing and didn’t let her suffer. Hopefully, you stayed in the room with her, too. Sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Hookers and blow?

Maybe. We lived in a pretty upscale neighborhood in DC and he would travel from terrace to terrace every night. I would leave salmon out for that  biotch every night that didn’t come home. Hookers/blow does beat salmon any day of the week though

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

So sorry.  I had to put my cat Ripley down a couple of weeks ago, she was 16  My other cat, Pliskin made it to 20.  People who never had a cat for a good while never understand how affectionate and unique each one is...

The thing you need to remember isn't that you put the cat down, that she's gone..your cat lived a life of happiness, safety, comfort and security.  We should all be as lucky to live such a safe and comfortable life.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

19 years?  Wow, that’s a helluv a run. 

Celebrate  that.

Thanks.

I do. The sad part is she was all there mentally, could've gone another few years. She just wasn't eating like she should've and was dropping weight quickly. At her age that's not good. 

Quality of life calls are the hardest. 

14 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Aww… that sucks. At least you did the responsible thing and didn’t let her suffer. Hopefully, you stayed in the room with her, too. Sorry for your loss. 

No way I was letting her go out with a bunch of strangers. :nono:

• Thanks 1

Just now, 5-Points said:

No way I was letting her go out with a bunch of strangers. :nono:

:cheers:  Some people puss out and can’t do it. I’m sure she :wub:’d you very much.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

So sorry.  I had to my cat Ripley a couple of weeks ago, she was 16  My other cat, Pliskin made it to 20.  People who never had a cat for a good while never understand how affectionate and unique each one is...

The thing you need to remember isn't that you put the cat down, that she's gone..your cat lived a life of happiness, safety, comfort and security.  We should all be as lucky to live such a safe and comfortable life.

Thanks.

I've found that animals, dogs or cats, tend to stick around longer when they know they're loved and love you back. She adopted us. When she showed up she was already fixed. So she left home and chose to move in here. And stayed. 

It sucks to have to make that call but, in the end, I know it was the right one. 

Doesn't make it any easier, though.  :(

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Sorry to hear. One of the worst feelings.

I'm 50. I've had pets my entire life. It never gets easier. 

Sorry to hear that.  Losing pets suck.  You gave her a good and long life.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Quality of life calls are the hardest. 

Yes they are. I made the call on putting our 14 year old Irish Terrier down, and took him up to the vet. It was on the day David Bowie died. 

17 hours ago, 5-Points said:

So sorry.  19 years.  She was treated well.   :(

• Like 1

I was struggling once with the decision to put my cat down or not. It was my daughter’s cat that kind of latched onto me for some reason. If I sat down to watch a game, he was on me. Lay down for a nap..laying between my legs. So he stayed when she moved out. 

When they gave him the sedative before the final shot, he passed just from the sedation. Helped ease my mind that it was the right call. 

6 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Yes they are. I made the call on putting our 14 year old Irish Terrier down, and took him up to the vet. It was on the day David Bowie died. 

You always want to believe they have more time. And for some reason they always seem to find a little more energy when you take them to the Vet. Like they know what's coming and they're saying "hey man, I'm good. We can go back home now."  

You never want to make the call too early but it's better than waiting too long. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shovelheadt said:

I was struggling once with the decision to put my cat down or not. It was my daughter’s cat that kind of latched onto me for some reason. If I sat down to watch a game, he was on me. Lay down for a nap..laying between my legs. So he stayed when she moved out. 

When they gave him the sedative before the final shot, he passed just from the sedation. Helped ease my mind that it was the right call. 

Cats pick their people. 

When she got the sedative yesterday she tried to get up and walk away. :(

On 9/3/2021 at 6:21 PM, 5-Points said:

Cats pick their people. 

When she got the sedative yesterday she tried to get up and walk away. :(

That sux when they still have fight in them. Truly sorry.

14 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

That sux when they still have fight in them. Truly sorry.

Thanks man.  

• Like 1