Vikings4ever

Alec Baldwin killed a woman

6 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

What if it never reaches the cocked position and the hammer gets let go early?  Regardless, if he pulled the trigger (and doesn't remember or is lying) or not... I don't get any of this. He was handed a gun to rehearse a scene.  Do people think he secretly put a live round in the chamber in order to kill people during rehearsal?  It doesn't make any sense.

And what exactly came out of the gun?  Was she killed with a live round, or a rock stuck in the barrel or what?  Have they released the autopsy?

Baldwin is a creep, but it seems like a freak accident. At least by him. Whoever handed him the gun has some explaining to do.

Baldwin should have checked the gun and test fired it at the ground or something like other actors say they do. Also, from what I understand it's standard practice in the industry to not point and shoot a gun at anyone. You point it to the side of them. 

7 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

What if it never reaches the cocked position and the hammer gets let go early?  Regardless, if he pulled the trigger (and doesn't remember or is lying) or not... I don't get any of this. He was handed a gun to rehearse a scene.  Do people think he secretly put a live round in the chamber in order to kill people during rehearsal?  It doesn't make any sense.

And what exactly came out of the gun?  Was she killed with a live round, or a rock stuck in the barrel or what?  Have they released the autopsy?

Baldwin is a creep, but it seems like a freak accident. At least by him. Whoever handed him the gun has some explaining to do.

The gun had a live round in it. How that happened is the big question.

No matter what fancy avoidance dance anyone does regarding the trigger, point of aim or whatever.....the FACT remains....he did not check the weapon handed to him for live rounds.

3 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

No matter what fancy avoidance dance anyone does regarding the trigger, point of aim or whatever.....the FACT remains....he did not check the weapon handed to him for live rounds.

HE probably wouldn't know if it was or wasn't.  I wouldn't.  That said, he pulled the trigger.  In the end, whatever the rules are for on-screen handling of guns.. if they were followed, he'll be charged with something very minor and get a slap on the wrist.  If the rules weren't followed, then he'll probably get some prison time that his lawyers will probably make to be like a 6-month Club Med visit.  In either case, the civil suit on the other hand will be in the high 7/low 8 figures.  My guess is that the wrongful death suits will be in the $8 to $15M range.

If this was you or me we would have been arrested for this a long time ago. Fock Hollywood celeb simps.

13 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

You ask a lot of questions that have already been answered but I'll give you the abbreviated version:  

He shot and killed someone. A live bullet was in the chamber. No one implied he intentionally killed her. He negligently killed someone which is defined as manslaughter. The person who pulled the trigger is criminally responsible. The prop people would certainly be civilly culpable.  If the investigation could prove someone intentionally put a live round in the gun and could show motive, they could be charged criminally.  The left wing always blames the gun and not the person. This is why the media hasn't persecuted him. 

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

rules are for on-screen handling of guns.. if they were followed, he'll be charged with something very minor and get a slap on the wrist.  If the rules weren't followed, then he'll probably get some prison time

Sounds like Baldwin will be sued out the whazzoo for not following procedure. But what criminal charge? Some vague law like culpable negligence?  Perhaps, but given the circumstances I'd be surprised if a judge felt it justified prison time. If he'd been shooting guns at home and someone got killed because carelessness, ok. But during rehearsal on a movie set?  I don't know. I'd guess probation only - assuming they even charge him.

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Sounds like Baldwin will be sued out the whazzoo for not following procedure. But what criminal charge? Some vague law like culpable negligence?  Perhaps, but given the circumstances I'd be surprised if a judge felt it justified prison time. If he'd been shooting guns at home and someone got killed because carelessness, ok. But during rehearsal on a movie set?  I don't know. I'd guess probation only - assuming they even charge him.

Not sure.  I don't know if there are rules that actors and actresses are told to follow pertaining to gun safety.

23 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

The protocols for handling a gun on a movie set say NEVER to point it at a person.  Even when shooting a scene they don't point it at a person.  So, the mere fact that he shot a PERSON means he violated protocol.  He committed manslaughter.  Case closed. 

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

The protocols for handling a gun on a movie set say NEVER to point it at a person.  Even when shooting a scene they don't point it at a person.  So, the mere fact that he shot a PERSON means he violated protocol.  He committed manslaughter.  Case closed. 

General questions.  Baldwin was shooting at the camera.  I believe it was for a poster or some kind of graphic.  Wouldn't the gun have to be pointed at the camera?  Isn't there a person behind the camera?  If so, then wouldn't he have to be pointing the gun at a person?  If he did have to shoot at the camera, wouldn't the camera person be the one who's responsible for NOT standing behind it?

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

General questions.  Baldwin was shooting at the camera.  I believe it was for a poster or some kind of graphic.  Wouldn't the gun have to be pointed at the camera?  Isn't there a person behind the camera?  If so, then wouldn't he have to be pointing the gun at a person?  If he did have to shoot at the camera, wouldn't the camera person be the one who's responsible for NOT standing behind it?

I'm not going back NOW to review the protocols in detail.  I posted a link to them earlier in this thread.  So I won't be answering your specific questions.  You can go read the protocols yourself if you'd like.  It's been a while but my recollection is he was just practicing for a scene.  Again, the protocols don't allow you to just give a gun to someone for as long as they want.  My recollection from reading them is you get it for the scene, shoot the scene, and give it back.  It's ultimately the responsibility of the person shooting the gun to ensure it's not loaded.  I remember reading other major name actors comment on this incident after it happened and they were shocked that it could even happen.  There's clearly a lot of blame to go around in this case but I can't believe people are trying to say that the person who actually shot the gun doesn't bear any, or at least not criminally.   This man KILLED someone through extreme negligence by violating protocols.  And then he lied about it. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'm not going back NOW to review the protocols in detail.  I posted a link to them earlier in this thread.  So I won't be answering your specific questions.  You can go read the protocols yourself if you'd like.  It's been a while but my recollection is he was just practicing for a scene.  Again, the protocols don't allow you to just give a gun to someone for as long as they want.  My recollection from reading them is you get it for the scene, shoot the scene, and give it back.  It's ultimately the responsibility of the person shooting the gun to ensure it's not loaded.  I remember reading other major name actors comment on this incident after it happened and they were shocked that it could even happen.  There's clearly a lot of blame to go around in this case but I can't believe people are trying to say that the person who actually shot the gun doesn't bear any, or at least not criminally.   This man KILLED someone through extreme negligence by violating protocols.  And then he lied about it. 

Fair enough.  Just curious.  I thought I remember it being for a photoshoot of some kind.

New article, facts

Article is kind of Alec holding a pity-party for Alec, but I thought this was noteworthy. 

Baldwin also wondered aloud whether Seth Kenney, the movie's props supplier, accidentally provided live bullets to the "Rust" set. An FBI report released last week said that 150 live rounds of ammunition were found on the set.

In January, Gutierrez Reed sued the movie's gun and ammunition supplier, accusing PDQ Arm and Prop, LLC. and its founder Seth Kenney of violation of trade practices, false and deceptive product labels, and false and material misrepresentations. In the suit, Gutierrez Reed alleges Kenney sold her a cache of dummy ammunition with live rounds mixed in.

State allots money for costs tied to 4 potential 'Rust' prosecutions

The state Board of Finance has awarded the First Judicial District Attorney’s Office more than $317,000 to prosecute people connected to the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on set of the Alec Baldwin film Rust in October, according to the board’s website.

The money — awarded in response to an emergency request from District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies — is only about half of what the District Attorney’s Office estimates it will need to bring charges against up to four people, according to a copy of the request obtained by The New Mexican.

The DA’s Office had requested $635,000 to cover the cost of prosecuting the case.

3 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Balwin needs to go to prison.

Just like Utilit99---except I heard he went to jail for molesting a poodle....a male poodle.  :shocking:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Just like Utilit99---except I heard he went to jail for molesting a poodle....a male poodle.  :shocking:

You always avoid me calling you out for your stupid takes, but then you call me names in  other threads like this.

Baldwin killed a woman because of neglect and not following the rules.

Have you been an idiot your whole life or was that slowly developed over time?

7 minutes ago, craftsman said:

You always avoid me calling you out for your stupid takes, but then you call me names in  other threads like this.

Baldwin killed a woman because of neglect and not following the rules.

Have you been an idiot your whole life or was that slowly developed over time?

Who called you names, when did I do that?  All I did was talk about a former geek, whom you don't know at all, who blows poodles. I don't know why you would think that has anything to do with you? Really, I was just agreeing with you that he should be in jail if found guilty, like a guy who molests poodles, who you don't know.  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Who called you names, when did I do that?  All I did was talk about a former geek, whom you don't know at all, who blows poodles. I don't know why you would think that has anything to do with you? Really, I was just agreeing with you that he should be in jail if found guilty, like a guy who molests poodles, who you don't know.  

So was it too much acid in the 70s that did this to you?

• Sad 1

I am going to come out firmly in the camp that blowing poodles is wrong.  Sure, getting a grundle from them is probably fine, and if you are a Southpark Cartoon character going Red Rocket on a pooch is O.K., but blowing them crosses the line.

I don't care about this story one bit. And I'm guessing this thread wouldn't be 15 pages except for the fact that Alec Baldwin mocked the useless 99 types around here Orange god.

But it reminds me? Whatever happened with Robert blake? Didn't kill his wife? Did he ever go to jail? Is he still alive?

• Sad 1

Just now, wiffleball said:

I don't care about this story one bit. And I'm guessing this thread wouldn't be 15 pages except for the fact that Alec Baldwin mocked the useless 99 types around here Orange god.

But it reminds me? Whatever happened with Robert blake? Didn't kill his wife? Did he ever go to jail? Is he still alive?

Maybe someone can help you with using google. 

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Isn’t google woke?

Figure it out for yourself. There are many different search engines.

Once again, I’m trying to figure out why the gun was pointed at her in the first place. She wasn’t an actor in the scene. Even as a director, why would he point the gun at her? I think the full story has yet to be told. His celebrity status has protected him. Even if it was a mistake he was negligent and pointing a gun at her for any reason other than she requested that he do it means he was being threatening. He should have been charged with a crime long ago. If I accidentally hit someone with my car and kill them because I wasn’t paying attention, I go to jail. He shouldn’t be let off because it was an accident when he wasn’t following the rules just as I can’t be let off for killing someone with my car just because it was not my intention.

And, he wouldn’t turn over his cell phone. Can you imagine it’s regular folk not being able to turn over our phone to the police during a potential homicide  investigation?

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

Once again, I’m trying to figure out why the gun was pointed at her in the first place. She wasn’t an actor in the scene. Even as a director, why would he point the gun at her? I think the full story has yet to be told. His celebrity status has protected him. Even if it was a mistake he was negligent and pointing a gun at her for any reason other than she requested that he do it means he was being threatening. He should have been charged with a crime long ago. If I accidentally hit someone with my car and kill them because I wasn’t paying attention, I go to jail. He shouldn’t be let off because it was an accident when he wasn’t following the rules just as I can’t be let off for killing someone with my car just because it was not my intention.

And, he wouldn’t turn over his cell phone. Can you imagine it’s regular folk not being able to turn over our phone to the police during a potential homicide  investigation?

They are not even supposed to point gun at anyone even during filming. They fix all that during editing. And who the hell wouldn't check if a gun is loaded before they pointed it at someone and pulled the trigger? Dear Lord, the idea that this guy is not behind bars for involuntary man slaughter at this point is a crime in itself. 

Family gonna get PAID

CNN — 

The family of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer killed on the “Rust” movie set in 2021, and Alec Baldwin have reached an undisclosed settlement in the wrongful death lawsuit filed against the actor and others, according to a statement released by the actor’s attorney.

The lawsuit, filed in February in Santa Fe, against Baldwin, the film’s production companies, its producers and other key members of the crew, alleged numerous industry standard violations.

Matthew Hutchins, widower of Halyna Hutchins who was killed on set, will be an executive producer on film, the statement adds.

“We have reached a settlement, subject to court approval, for our wrongful death case against the producers of Rust, including Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions, LLC. As part of that settlement, our case will be dismissed. The filming of Rust, which I will now executive produce, will resume with all the original principal players on board in January 2023. I have no interest in engaging in recriminations or attribution of blame (to the producers or Mr. Baldwin). All of us believe Halyna’s death was a terrible accident. I am grateful that the producers and the entertainment community have come together to pay tribute to Halyna’s final work,” Hutchins said in a statement.

It was a tragedy that this woman was shot and killed.  It's also a tragedy that it's been a year and this idiot has not been charged. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

It was a tragedy that this woman was shot and killed.  It's also a tragedy that it's been a year and this idiot has not been charged. 

For what?

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

For what?

Are you retarded?  He pointed a gun at someone and shot that person, killing her.  In what jurisdiction is that legal Howard? 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Are you retarded?  He pointed a gun at someone and shot that person, killing her.  In what jurisdiction is that legal Howard? 

Liberals believe that it is the gun that kills people not the person pulling the trigger.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Liberals believe that it is the gun that kills people not the person pulling the trigger.

I'm sure Worms will blame the victim for standing in front of a loaded gun and not the person who pulled the trigger. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

I'm sure Worms will blame the victim for standing in front of a loaded gun and not the person who pulled the trigger. 

No doubt.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Lol, you’re an idiot.

First degree murder? No I don’t think it was premeditated. Do you?

Second degree murder? No it wasn’t intentional, right? Any evidence of that?

I mean when this happened I thought maybe there was some lovers quarrel going on but there doesn’t seem to be any actual indication of that.

Manslaughter? I highly doubt it. Again that typically has to be intentional. It’s not like they were in a fight and he killed her.

So seems to me you’re all the way down to involuntary manslaughter. It’s often a pretty weak charge outside of something like a DUI homicide. I think it would be pretty suspect here too. There’s an armorer and a whole process for making sure these kinds of mistakes don’t happen. Seems to me Baldwin was probably entitled to believe the gun he had been handed was safe as a prop. Apparently it wasn’t. If you’re gonna charge somebody it’d probably be the armorer I would think.

Where, specifically, do you disagree, and why?