Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Newsom brings back mask mandate in CA

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California is bringing back a rule requiring people to wear masks indoors, a move aimed at containing a new type of the coronavirus as people gather with family and friends during the holidays.

Gov. Gavin Newsom’s administration announced the new mandate will start Wednesday and last until Jan. 15. The order comes as the per capita rate of new coronavirus cases in California has jumped 47% in the past two weeks.

“We know people are tired and hungry for normalcy. Frankly, I am too,” California Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly said Monday. “That said, this is a critical time where we have a tool that we know has worked and can work."

California lifted its statewide mask mandate on June 15 for people who were vaccinated, a date Newsom heralded as the state's grand reopening. But since then, county governments covering about half of the state's population have imposed their own indoor mask mandates as case rates surged with new variants. 

The new mask mandate will cover everyone else, but state officials on Monday were unclear about how it would be enforced. Ghaly said enforcement would likely be stronger in some places than others, but he urged Californians to heed the warnings and wear masks.

“We know that there's going to be people who don't necessarily agree with this, who are tired, who aren't going to mask,” Ghaly said. “We hope that those are few and far between, that most people see the purpose of doing this over the next month as something to protect them and their communities during a very tough time.”

https://news.yahoo.com/california-brings-back-mask-mandate-222742750.html

:lol:

Keep it up Democrats, you are building the tool for your own demise....

11 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

But masks work.  They really do.  Seriously. 

Especially outside. Not a single person in a mask has ever given or contracted covid, outside. #facts

Masks work just like the vaccine.

• Thanks 1

Good, the people in California make the best 'Karen losin her sh!t at Whole Foods' videos when told to put on a mask. 

Who's playing in Cali this weekend?  Should be a site to see with 70,000 fans masked up.  :lol:

45 minutes ago, edjr said:

a move aimed at containing a new type of the coronavirus as people gather with family and friends during the holidays.

Yet 30 to 80 thousand people packed into a sports venue will be ok.

21 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yet 30 to 80 thousand people packed into a sports venue will be ok.

They will be seated. Just like at a restaurant covid can't get you when you are sitting down.

I wanted to laugh at the recent indoor mask mandates in NY and CA until I remembered dipsh1t Inslee dropped the mask hammer on WA several months ago.

These idiots still haven't figured out everyone but the Tim Hauck's of the world are moving on with life.

This is so damn easy.  First thing you have to understand is that half the population will back anything you say because there is a D next to your name.  Second, just downplay COVID.  Recommend the vax.  Recommend masks.  Recommend social distancing and then be done with it.  Then put out a national policy to local governments recommending restrictions if hospitals become strained.  

I would've bet thousands of dollars this is the playbook they would've used because it would make for such an easy victory.  Why do they insist on inserting themselves?  Let this thing fizzle out and you get an easy win.

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

cali deserves what they get. 

Wait until he wins the Presidency...

Because it worked so well the last 29 times they mandated it. Notice how the places that have the strictest gun laws and covid rules always have the highest gun violence/covid infection rates 

10 Undeniable Proofs That Mask Mandates Work

https://babylonbee.com/news/10-undeniable-proofs-that-mask-mandates-work

1) Look at this simple bar graph: SCIENCE.

2) Florida never imposed mask mandates, and now they’re all dead: It is literally a barren wasteland of corpses lying on the beach, playing pickleball, going to restaurants, etc.

3) Intellectual juggernauts from “The View” say so: Not even the brilliant AOC would dare challenge the incomparable wisdom of the show’s co-hosts.

4) The COVID can't get into your body if you literally can't breathe: Mandates: 1, COVID: 0.

5) Very low rates of infection among old-timey stagecoach robbers: Have you ever heard of an old western robber dying of COVID? No, you haven't. There's a reason for that. 

6) The science is settled. Until it changes: But if you question it now, you’re anti-science, even if the science later agrees with you.

7) Residents of Antarctica wear face coverings outdoors: Zero COVID.

😎 All the politicians and celebrities follow the mandates, and they know best: Hell will freeze over before we hear of an elected official breaking their own mask mandate.

9) If it doesn't work, why is it mandated by the government?Checkmate.

10) The CDC has reams of scientific studies proving mask mandates work: And they will happily publish them in 75 years.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Wait until he wins the Presidency...

You shut your filthy mouth......:o :nono:

Hmm. Governor that listens to the doctors and follows the science. Saves lives. Protects his people. Been doing it from the start. 

Keep trying, Repubs. You cost the state 280 million on the recall. Only to get stomped out in a landslide. Newsom will be POTUS in near future.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vince44 said:

Hmm. Governor that listens to the doctors and follows the science. Saves lives. Protects his people. Been doing it from the start. 

Keep trying, Repubs. You cost the state 280 million on the recall. Only to get stomped out in a landslide. Newsom will be POTUS in near future.

Liberals are so dumb. All they have left is trolling. :lol:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Vince44 said:

lol, I can't stop laughing

masks work now?  Why hasn't covid gone away?  

check Florida dummy

now you care about money being spent?  How much was wasted on fake trump impeachments?  at least this money was paid for by the people on behalf of the people, well within our California rights

9 minutes ago, Vince44 said:

You are my favorite poster 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Vince44 said:

:clap: keep going 

17 hours ago, Vince44 said:

Don Lemon that you?

17 hours ago, Vince44 said:

Was this him listening? Focking even the liberal fascist cnn called him out back then. :lol:

This Democratic governor thinks his own Covid-19 rules don't apply to him

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/11/18/politics/gavin-newsom-french-laundry-california-governor/index.html

The prior masking was at the discretion of counties, so it's interesting it's statewide this time. CA has counties that never played along. Before, I masked for the common areas in my work building, which the building management wants. This time I'm bucking it and imagine I'll hear about it at some point. I keep distance when I sense someone is cautious- take stairs instead of elevator. If I'm symptomatic, I'll stay home. Apparently Omicron is the first variant that appears to be infecting people with prior natural immunity. At this point, I look at it more like not complying is the greater public service (and I could explain the constellation of thoughts that go into that discernment). Take lots of D, good quality C, zinc and don't go out while sick.

47 minutes ago, naomi said:

Take lots of D, good quality C

Isn't that redundant?

49 minutes ago, naomi said:

Take lots of D, good quality C,

Ohh baby. keep going, I am on the edge

56 minutes ago, naomi said:

The prior masking was at the discretion of counties, so it's interesting it's statewide this time. CA has counties that never played along. Before, I masked for the common areas in my work building, which the building management wants. This time I'm bucking it and imagine I'll hear about it at some point. I keep distance when I sense someone is cautious- take stairs instead of elevator. If I'm symptomatic, I'll stay home. Apparently Omicron is the first variant that appears to be infecting people with prior natural immunity. At this point, I look at it more like not complying is the greater public service (and I could explain the constellation of thoughts that go into that discernment). Take lots of D, good quality C, zinc and don't go out while sick.

ill give you lots of D and that will lead to plenty of C

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Vince44 said:

Science is the study, discussion, testing, and dissecting of data... it doesn't really give answers, it gives ideas and best guesses.  To follow it blindly, is pretty stupid.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Science is the study, discussion, testing, and dissecting of data... it doesn't really give answers, it gives ideas and best guesses.  To follow it blindly, is pretty stupid.

Not to mention science is always careful to embrace competing theories.  This "follow the science" mantra being used to coerce compliance is a complete misappropriation of what science actually stands for.

29 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

liberal retards

that really sums it up. it really is a mental sickness.

4 guys I work with got the booster the last 2 days, all of them have been cried about being sick. 

26 minutes ago, nobody said:

Not to mention science is always careful to embrace competing theories.  This "follow the science" mantra being used to coerce compliance is a complete misappropriation of what science actually stands for.

Bingo

50 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah. Can't really debate how stupid and evil the liberals have been pushing this in the name of science the way they have. 

It's a serious tragedy that more people in this country don't see it. 

3 hours ago, edjr said:

that really sums it up. it really is a mental sickness.

4 guys I work with got the booster the last 2 days, all of them have been cried about being sick. 

honestly i think i would mandate tinfoil hats if i became governor. and then round up anyone who abides by it and zap their heads with 220 volts for being a focking moron.

• Thanks 1