Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

Saddest Song you ever heard

1 minute ago, TommyGavin said:

Naming your saddest song ding dong

Ok. I'll start. But there is no topping this:

not the  saddest, but Cat's in the cradle

• Thanks 1

Easy. The Dance by Garth Brooks. After my BILs funeral I can’t listen to it anymore 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Same. Love it and lived it. Both sides. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My little daughter died January 31st, 1996...I held her for six hours as she struggled. When we left the hospital, it was February 1st. When my husband started the car...this song began playing on the radio.
 @Michael Stubbs  She was my littlest angel. Of all my children. I made a very harsh decision (though). No pity for me. Only for her. Katie Darlin was already challenged...with cystic fibrosis. As she developed small bleeding spots on her brain....cerebral palsy...I made the unthinkable choice...during a medical emergency. “Let Katie fight. If she survives this...we will intervene forever.” Katie didn’t survive. I held her for six hours, begging her to come back to me. Every time her heart stopped. And her heart would begin again. Until the nurses asked me to stop crying and begging. “We love Katie, too...next time her heart stops...don’t cry...tell her it’s okay and you are okay.” When I did as they asked? Katie darlin’s heart didn’t beat again. She was two months old. And was velvet, with bright and kind, kind eyes. Before the spots on her brain came. Then she began flinching, if her feet were touched...and the spark faded from her eyes. Some call me “hard” or “cruel” for making that call. But I left it up to baby girl, for how her life would be. Oxygen for sure...wheelchair, definitely. And I would not have to ability to provide this, without government help. So I asked her to fight. One time. Before we committed to a long road, that would (probably) lead to a death by age thirteen or fourteen. If we were going to beg for money, from the state? She would have to fight HARDER. Does that make sense?

3 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Seasons in the sun.  Terry jacks

That's a blast from the past. 

On 4/15/2022 at 8:01 PM, Bier Meister said:

Came here to post this.  :thumbsup: 

Another Dad song which always gets me is Leader of the Band by Dan Fogelberg.

• Like 1

"I have AIDS" by Yer Mom.

Makes me cry whenever I think about it. :cry:

Sister Golden Hair always gets me because it reminds me of my stupid loser father who was so devastated about my mom not being in love with him that he couldn’t even bear to be in my life.

Imagine being told that at age 13.  Fcking loser.