Tree of Knowledge

War in Israel

Israel built the desalination plants that provide water to the region. They were actually providing triple the amount agreed to for Gaza. 

50 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Now do the Ukraine

I have, several times, including in this very thread.

HTH. 💥 

• Sad 1

Henry Kissinger has lived way past his expiration date, long enough to see his lifes work crumble before his own eyes. Amazing that a man that fled Nazi Germany, and was actually beaten by Hitler Youth, enlisted in the Army and fought the Germans (Bronze Star) would think that flooding the west with tan Nazis was a good idea. What happens to people like this with that kind of background? I think I know. Harvard. 

Biden admin sent tens of millions in COVID relief funds to group accused of harboring Hamas terrorists

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-sent-tens-millions-covid-relief-funds-group-accused-harboring-hamas-terrorists

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Definitely not great for Israel to be killing civilians, but lol at the people calling it “genocide” after they were the ones that were attacked.

It’s basically the definition of genocide. Essentially raising at least 1/2 a city filled with Palestinians. One million people displaced.

Obviously Hamas are the bad guys and going after them is unquestionably right after what they did. But I think this is not going to end well for the west 

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s basically the definition of genocide. Essentially raising at least 1/2 a city filled with Palestinians. One million people displaced.

Obviously Hamas are the bad guys and going after them is unquestionably right after what they did. But I think this is not going to end well for the west 

Now is  the point that people need to stop catering to the terrorists who put surrounding others in the path.of their demise. 

Liberals in this country constantly sacrifice their kids to abortion to a better life for themselves. 

Time to blow up the fock out of Palastine and the rest of the middle east. Sacrifices are necessary for a better future all around. 

It would end very well for the west.

• Sad 1

Most the Palestinians are the bad guys too. They follow the same religion. They voted in Hamas. They had their chance to leave.  

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Displaced is genocide? 

I think there are key things about this conflict that are not what they seem. To the almost unfathomable point. 

Think Operation Northwoods. 

Israel's failure to secure their border is incredibly suspicious.

And I'm beginning to realize, as un PC as it is, too many everyday Palestinians do indeed care foremost about eradicating Jews. It's a divine mandate in their minds.

Get rid of Hamas and you don't even get rid of that. It's perilous. 

Once, I Was a Peace Advocate. Now, I Have No Idealism Left.

After terrorists killed my cousin Daniel Pearl, my family called for peace. But after the worldwide celebration of our people’s slaughter, my hope for peace is dead.

By Ilan Benjamin

October 13, 2023

The story I’m about to tell is one that many progressive Jews can relate to. In some ways, it’s a prototypical arc of a diaspora Jew who has always advocated for nuance. This week, something broke in us. We watched history repeat itself. Not just on the global scale, with the wanton massacre of our people, the savage mass murders and dismemberments of entire families and communities. But for many, my family included, history is repeating itself on a personal level as well. 

In March 2003, I turned 13 and celebrated my bar mitzvah in Walnut Creek, California. By Jewish tradition, I became a man. But the ceremony felt redundant; I had already grown up. Only one year earlier, my older cousin, Daniel Pearl, an investigative journalist for The Wall Street Journal, was kidnapped and beheaded by Islamist jihadis while on assignment in Pakistan.

His killers, like the Hamas killers of last weekend, proudly released a video documenting Danny’s murder. Among Danny’s last words were, “My father is Jewish. My mother is Jewish. I am Jewish.” At first, I was in shock—how had my own cousin become a player in such a large international nightmare? Why did people get murdered simply for being who they are? In this case, for being Jewish?

Danny’s parents did not call for revenge. Instead they set up The Daniel Pearl Foundation that offers fellowships, sponsors cross-cultural music events (Danny was a gifted musician), and brings people together to improve the world. Even after what my family had been through, their work encouraged me to be idealistic and believe that the Jewish people could make peace with our neighbors. I became a fierce advocate for peace.

When I immigrated to Israel at the age of 18 and enlisted in the Israel Defense Forces, I was still driven by ideals. I thought I could promote more goodwill with our Palestinian neighbors. Serving in a combat unit based on the Gaza border, I witnessed the release of the kidnapped Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, held for five years by Hamas, when his freedom was exchanged for more than 1,000 Palestinian prisoners. One for 1,000. Despite my many criticisms of the Israeli government, I recognized then how much Israel valued the life of every soldier.

On my rare free weekend, I spent my time at Kibbutz Be’eri. Because I was a “lone soldier”—that is, an immigrant without much close family in Israel—I was given a host family. They treated me like a son, including teasing me relentlessly for choosing to come to Israel and serve, whereas most Israelis have no choice. They were politically left, just like me. Despite rockets often raining down on them, they believed in peace, just like me. This week, when the terrorists came, ideals didn’t make a difference.

I watched the news in horror as terrorists massacred over 100 people at Kibbutz Be’eri. Women. Children. I frantically messaged my host family and heard nothing back. Like my cousin Danny years ago, my family was being held hostage. The good news: unlike Danny, my host family at Kibbutz Be’eri was saved. They are physically okay. But how can they really be okay, after watching their friends and neighbors being slaughtered? 

There was a time when these types of events couldn’t shake my ideals. I used to argue relentlessly for a two-state solution. I fought bitterly with Israeli friends about the decency of the Palestinian people. Even though radical Islamists had murdered my cousin, even though civilians had been blown up in buses daily during the Second Intifada, I refused to give in to nihilism. 

In 2012, I returned to the States to study film at University of Southern California, and published a book about my military service that criticized the Israeli government. This didn’t win me many friends, but I continued to advocate for nuance regardless. I proudly supported Black Lives Matter, LGBTQIA+, and feminist causes. I called myself a progressive Jew.

But over the years, I noticed a disturbing trend: With all the atrocities in the world, why did my social justice warrior friends hate Israel so disproportionately? Why did it feel like intersectionality excluded Jews? Why did the left—who supposedly stood up for human rights—put child-murdering Hamas terrorists on a pedestal? 

At first, I thought it must be miseducation.

“Ah, they think Palestinians are the indigenous people. I’ll show that Jewish history, and the archaeology to prove it, dates back millennia.” 

“Ah, they think we’re white colonizers. I’ll show how many Jews are people of color, including those who are Mizrahi, Sephardi, and Ethiopian.” 

“Ah, they’ll get it once I show them that there are fifty Muslim countries, and only one Jewish state.” 

But my friends weren’t interested in correcting their misunderstandings.

I agreed that the settlements were unlawful, that Gaza was a humanitarian crisis, that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyuahu was a dictator. I assumed—if I cared enough, if I mourned for the Palestinian dead, if I put nuance above all else—our neighbors and their allies would give us the same decency.

How wrong I was. This past week, as over 1,300 Jews were slaughtered, the most murderous attack on Jews since the Holocaust, I saw the true face of Palestinians and their allies. All around the world, they celebrate. They gloat. They mock our tears. They do not protest against Hamas. They embrace pure evil. 

And so, to the terrorists I now say:

When you killed my family, I forgave you. When you killed my people, I forgave you. But when you killed my idealism, I had no forgiveness left. 

To non-Jewish friends who have reached out, thank you. It is simply the human thing to do. To friends who dare justify what has happened, you are not friends. You are nothing but Nazi supporters dressed up in leftist intellectual language. To the Palestinians: you have lost all moral authority to claim victimhood. I will never advocate for you again. To my family, friends in Israel, and Jews around the world hurting right now, I love you. Stay safe.

In Berlin, where I live today with my German-Ukrainian Jewish wife, Germans love to say “Never Again.” Right now, Never Again is happening again in real time, livestreamed for the whole world to see. I find myself looking up my military number in case the IDF reserves call for me. Unlike our enemy, I feel no joy at the prospect of going to war. But if our people’s existence is at stake, I will do what I must. I will be the world’s favorite villain: the Jew who has the audacity to defend his people.

26 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

After terrorists killed my cousin Daniel Pearl, my family called for peace. But after the worldwide celebration of our people’s slaughter, my hope for peace is dead.

By Ilan Benjamin

October 13, 2023

The story I’m about to tell is one that many progressive Jews can relate to. In some ways, it’s a prototypical arc of a diaspora Jew who has always advocated for nuance. This week, something broke in us. We watched history repeat itself. Not just on the global scale, with the wanton massacre of our people, the savage mass murders and dismemberments of entire families and communities. But for many, my family included, history is repeating itself on a personal level as well. 

In March 2003, I turned 13 and celebrated my bar mitzvah in Walnut Creek, California. By Jewish tradition, I became a man. But the ceremony felt redundant; I had already grown up. Only one year earlier, my older cousin, Daniel Pearl, an investigative journalist for The Wall Street Journal, was kidnapped and beheaded by Islamist jihadis while on assignment in Pakistan.

His killers, like the Hamas killers of last weekend, proudly released a video documenting Danny’s murder. Among Danny’s last words were, “My father is Jewish. My mother is Jewish. I am Jewish.” At first, I was in shock—how had my own cousin become a player in such a large international nightmare? Why did people get murdered simply for being who they are? In this case, for being Jewish?

Danny’s parents did not call for revenge. Instead they set up The Daniel Pearl Foundation that offers fellowships, sponsors cross-cultural music events (Danny was a gifted musician), and brings people together to improve the world. Even after what my family had been through, their work encouraged me to be idealistic and believe that the Jewish people could make peace with our neighbors. I became a fierce advocate for peace.

When I immigrated to Israel at the age of 18 and enlisted in the Israel Defense Forces, I was still driven by ideals. I thought I could promote more goodwill with our Palestinian neighbors. Serving in a combat unit based on the Gaza border, I witnessed the release of the kidnapped Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, held for five years by Hamas, when his freedom was exchanged for more than 1,000 Palestinian prisoners. One for 1,000. Despite my many criticisms of the Israeli government, I recognized then how much Israel valued the life of every soldier.

On my rare free weekend, I spent my time at Kibbutz Be’eri. Because I was a “lone soldier”—that is, an immigrant without much close family in Israel—I was given a host family. They treated me like a son, including teasing me relentlessly for choosing to come to Israel and serve, whereas most Israelis have no choice. They were politically left, just like me. Despite rockets often raining down on them, they believed in peace, just like me. This week, when the terrorists came, ideals didn’t make a difference.

I watched the news in horror as terrorists massacred over 100 people at Kibbutz Be’eri. Women. Children. I frantically messaged my host family and heard nothing back. Like my cousin Danny years ago, my family was being held hostage. The good news: unlike Danny, my host family at Kibbutz Be’eri was saved. They are physically okay. But how can they really be okay, after watching their friends and neighbors being slaughtered? 

There was a time when these types of events couldn’t shake my ideals. I used to argue relentlessly for a two-state solution. I fought bitterly with Israeli friends about the decency of the Palestinian people. Even though radical Islamists had murdered my cousin, even though civilians had been blown up in buses daily during the Second Intifada, I refused to give in to nihilism. 

In 2012, I returned to the States to study film at University of Southern California, and published a book about my military service that criticized the Israeli government. This didn’t win me many friends, but I continued to advocate for nuance regardless. I proudly supported Black Lives Matter, LGBTQIA+, and feminist causes. I called myself a progressive Jew.

But over the years, I noticed a disturbing trend: With all the atrocities in the world, why did my social justice warrior friends hate Israel so disproportionately? Why did it feel like intersectionality excluded Jews? Why did the left—who supposedly stood up for human rights—put child-murdering Hamas terrorists on a pedestal? 

“Ah, they think Palestinians are the indigenous people. I’ll show that Jewish history, and the archaeology to prove it, dates back millennia.” 

“Ah, they think we’re white colonizers. I’ll show how many Jews are people of color, including those who are Mizrahi, Sephardi, and Ethiopian.” 

“Ah, they’ll get it once I show them that there are fifty Muslim countries, and only one Jewish state.” 

I agreed that the settlements were unlawful, that Gaza was a humanitarian crisis, that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyuahu was a dictator. I assumed—if I cared enough, if I mourned for the Palestinian dead, if I put nuance above all else—our neighbors and their allies would give us the same decency.

How wrong I was. This past week, as over 1,300 Jews were slaughtered, the most murderous attack on Jews since the Holocaust, I saw the true face of Palestinians and their allies. All around the world, they celebrate. They gloat. They mock our tears. They do not protest against Hamas. They embrace pure evil. 

When you killed my family, I forgave you. When you killed my people, I forgave you. But when you killed my idealism, I had no forgiveness left. 

To non-Jewish friends who have reached out, thank you. It is simply the human thing to do. To friends who dare justify what has happened, you are not friends. You are nothing but Nazi supporters dressed up in leftist intellectual language. To the Palestinians: you have lost all moral authority to claim victimhood. I will never advocate for you again. To my family, friends in Israel, and Jews around the world hurting right now, I love you. Stay safe.

In Berlin, where I live today with my German-Ukrainian Jewish wife, Germans love to say “Never Again.” Right now, Never Again is happening again in real time, livestreamed for the whole world to see. I find myself looking up my military number in case the IDF reserves call for me. Unlike our enemy, I feel no joy at the prospect of going to war. But if our people’s existence is at stake, I will do what I must. I will be the world’s favorite villain: the Jew who has the audacity to defend his people.

The Jew cries out in pain as he strikes you.

• Confused 2

Fock that guy.  Two weeks ago he was dehumanizing people that didn’t vote the way he did. 

Hillary thinks it’s MAGA voters that need the reprogramming.  Not the people that supported her out there cheering this on. 

Saw a story today about a Jewish lawyer in NY that is counsel for Hamas  

I love all the people saying, “we want peace”. “Why is Israel bombing Hamas, they shouldn’t do that, there are citizens there”. Well no shiot.  It’s horrible 

Well of course everyone wants peace, of course bombing a city is horrible.  However that’s not living in reality. What happened last weekend….happened, what *should* the response have been?  You can’t sanctimoniously sit back throw your hands up and complain about the response if you can’t come up with a better answer. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I love all the people saying, “we want peace”. “Why is Israel bombing Hamas, they shouldn’t do that, there are citizens there”. Well no shiot.  It’s horrible 

Well of course everyone wants peace, of course bombing a city is horrible.  However that’s not living in reality. What happened last weekend….happened, what *should* the response have been?  You can’t sanctimoniously sit back throw your hands up and complain about the response if you can’t come up with a better answer. 

Definitely a valid point but is there no limit?

If there is a limit, what is it, and how do we know when we get there?

On one side you’ve got lunatics saying this is Israel’s fault and they shouldn’t do anything about it :wacko:

But on the other side, it’s apparently a blank check to level all of Gaza. :dunno:

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Hamas would exterminate all Jews if they could.  They would have killed 50-100K that day if they had the power to do so.

Whatever happens going forward is on Hamas.  

43 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

They were celebrating in New Jersey too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

By Ilan Benjamin

October 13, 2023

There is a cure to leftoidism, but my goodness the medicine is tough to swallow. May want to re-examine BLM, feminist, and the alphabet perverts as well while you're at it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

The Jew cries out in pain as he strikes you.

Reality is tough to swallow for leftoids. Hopefully he makes better choices of friends moving forward.

I clicked on my notifications tonight.   @Casual Observer in a span of 3 minutes around noon today went and put the sad emoji on 8 of my most recent posts. Instead of just answering a simple question he went back in this thread to put emoticons.  That’s what a teenage girl would do.  Jesus.  :lol: 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I clicked on my notifications tonight.   @Casual Observer in a span of 3 minutes around noon today went and put the sad emoji on 8 of my most recent posts. Instead of just answering a simple question he went back in this thread to put emoticons.  That’s what a teenage girl would do.  Jesus.  :lol: 

How can you tell who puts emojis on your posts?

3 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

Your antisemitism is getting bolder by the day. 

I didn't think Yoopers could read, much less process Mein Kampf. I figured they just sat around all day, drinking Budweiser, shoving live smelt up their poopholes and finding the right opportunities to get with their smelt-smelling sisters so they could make more little Yoopers. 

22 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

A teenage girl would also post about it.

24 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I get this every day of the week. 😢 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

A teenage girl would also post about it.

I could see you doing that stuff too. :lol:

17 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

Why are you a d!ck in every thread?

Why are you using this alias?

9 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

Answer the question.

What alias do you think I am?

I don't know but 187 posts in 22 years, and you're always there to reply to me with an insult, that tells me you're an alias, or one creepy ass hole.  Your choice.

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I don't know but 187 posts in 22 years, and you're always there to reply to me with an insult, that tells me you're an alias, or one creepy ass hole.  Your choice.

A lot of posts were deleted over the years.   Again, why are you a d!ck in every thread?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

On top of being an Israel-first bootlicker, you're a lying little biotch.  Around noon yesterday I was responding to a number of your stupid posts, including answering your question at least twice. I didn't leave and come back, much less to put sad emojis on your posts, which I also didn't do.  None of us know who puts emojis on our posts, but you falsely claim to know it was me. What a weird, lying loser.

You still didn't answer my questions, pu55y.  I'd tell you to man up and nut up, but I don't think you have any nuts.