Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Fewer Black Americans say they will vote in the 2024 election, new poll says

Biden can not win without the black vote. It is simply not possible. Trump is a winner if the black community sits this out. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/05/06/black-americans-vote-joe-biden-2024/73588611007/

The Washington Post/Ipsos poll, conducted between April 9 and April 16, found that 62% of Black Americans said they were certain to vote in this year’s election. That’s down by 12 percentage points compared to June 2020, where 74% of Black Americans said the same.

The poll also found that only 41% of young Black Americans ages 18-39 were certain to vote, compared to 61% in June 2020.

Black Americans' support for Biden overall has decreased too, according to the poll. Biden won 92% of support from the demographic group four years ago. However, the poll found that 74% of Black Americans said they would definitely or probably vote for Biden this year. 

I touched on this in the election thread I started yesterday. I don’t know if it would be decisive overall but it would certainly flip Georgia if it holds true. 

• Sad 1

Will be interesting to see how the Leftists manipulate this into some kind of “voter suppression”.

• Like 1

Keep giving money and taking away resources and give it to illegals. As if the black community wouldn’t notice or go along with it. 

• Like 1

I have been eligible to vote since 1990. 34 years and 0 votes later. Laughing at all you suckers that waste your time and think your vote does something. Fools. 

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

I have been eligible to vote since 1990. 34 years and 0 votes later. Laughing at all you suckers that waste your time and think your vote does something. Fools. 

1994 for me, and I didn't really start voting until Obama's second term. 

Jokes on them. They are voting whether they know it or not.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

Biden can not win without the black vote. It is simply not possible. Trump is a winner if the black community sits this out. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/05/06/black-americans-vote-joe-biden-2024/73588611007/

The Washington Post/Ipsos poll, conducted between April 9 and April 16, found that 62% of Black Americans said they were certain to vote in this year’s election. That’s down by 12 percentage points compared to June 2020, where 74% of Black Americans said the same.

The poll also found that only 41% of young Black Americans ages 18-39 were certain to vote, compared to 61% in June 2020.

Black Americans' support for Biden overall has decreased too, according to the poll. Biden won 92% of support from the demographic group four years ago. However, the poll found that 74% of Black Americans said they would definitely or probably vote for Biden this year. 

He has the illegal vote

So lets say you are a black american who voted for Biden in 2020 and are now unhappy with him. Instead of choosing not to vote, why would you not vote Trump? Before anyone says "because they hate him more", if that were true, you should still want to vote Biden. Not voting, after voting in 2020, makes little sense. If you didn't vote last time and just kind of hoped Biden would win, okay thats fine, so you don't vote again and kind of hope Trump wins... whatever. But to actively vote for someone and now have your stance be that you don't intend to vote at all is :wacko: if we are talking about the same exact candidates. If your view of Biden has changed to the point that you will not vote for him, that means you felt things were better under Trump, so why not flip your vote if those are your 2 options?

(yes, as someone who lives in NJ and realizes their vote doesn't matter, I do understand that argument but the subject of the thread is blacks voting in 2020 and now saying they are unlikely to vote at all)

Wanna bet?  LOL!  There will be more voters than evah!. 

Edit - Jokes been beat to death by now. 

"They don't even know the word 'vote'!"

I'm not so sure the Democrats need the black vote any more.  They've pushed the faux racist button long enough that the black population doesn't matter.  There's enough white guilt'ers (see GC), picking up the baton and running with it.  There's enough of them to hold off the conservative vote in the communist strongholds and not enough to take over the American strongholds elsewhere.  The only thing that the black vote does now, is decrease the size of victory for the Americans and increase the size of victory for the communists.

36 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm not so sure the Democrats need the black vote any more.  They've pushed the faux racist button long enough that the black population doesn't matter.  There's enough white guilt'ers (see GC), picking up the baton and running with it.  There's enough of them to hold off the conservative vote in the communist strongholds and not enough to take over the American strongholds elsewhere.  The only thing that the black vote does now, is decrease the size of victory for the Americans and increase the size of victory for the communists.

i would agree that democrats don't need to push the black vote anymore but would disagree that they don't need it. I do think there are enough brain washed liberals to pump the racist narrative and allow the democratic party to focus elsewhere, but the actual black vote would still matter in certain states. 

28 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i would agree that democrats don't need to push the black vote anymore but would disagree that they don't need it. I do think there are enough brain washed liberals to pump the racist narrative and allow the democratic party to focus elsewhere, but the actual black vote would still matter in certain states. 

I wasn't clear and didn't really say this, but it was in my head. 😁  I don't think they need the turnout, as long as they get the percentage.  According to Pew Research their numbers show about 48M (14.4%), black people in the US and that 34.4M will be voting.  If Biden got 92% of that vote and gets that this year, that's 31.7M, right?  My point is that if they keep the 92%, even if it drops to 80%, but only 15M black people vote and Biden gets only 12M votes, I don't think anything changes.  Will a state or 2 change, sure it's possible, but that's the same for any year based on the Independent/undecided voters, so it's not like it's a drastic change.  Biden will still win the northeast and Pacific Coast, Trump will win the South and Midwest.  I don't think the black vote alters who wins the Presidency anymore, is what I'm really getting at.  Let's say Georgia votes for Trump, that's a 32 vote swing... Trump still loses by 42.  What other state would Biden lose, because of the black vote?  Are there any?  I don't think so.  Trump still would need Michigan and say, Arizona.  Now, Trump could still win those states and if he does, I'm not so sure it's because of the black vote.

I think the bigger reason why Trump will win, is Kennedy taking the smaller amount of reasonable Democrats that are left in the country.  I think he could take about 15% of Biden's votes.

I think that as long as black people still vote Democrat at the same rate, 90%+, the Democrats keep their states even if only 35% of the black population votes.

21 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I wasn't clear and didn't really say this, but it was in my head. 😁  I don't think they need the turnout, as long as they get the percentage.  According to Pew Research their numbers show about 48M (14.4%), black people in the US and that 34.4M will be voting.  If Biden got 92% of that vote and gets that this year, that's 31.7M, right?  My point is that if they keep the 92%, even if it drops to 80%, but only 15M black people vote and Biden gets only 12M votes, I don't think anything changes.  Will a state or 2 change, sure it's possible, but that's the same for any year based on the Independent/undecided voters, so it's not like it's a drastic change.  Biden will still win the northeast and Pacific Coast, Trump will win the South and Midwest.  I don't think the black vote alters who wins the Presidency anymore, is what I'm really getting at.  Let's say Georgia votes for Trump, that's a 32 vote swing... Trump still loses by 42.  What other state would Biden lose, because of the black vote?  Are there any?  I don't think so.  Trump still would need Michigan and say, Arizona.  Now, Trump could still win those states and if he does, I'm not so sure it's because of the black vote.

I think the bigger reason why Trump will win, is Kennedy taking the smaller amount of reasonable Democrats that are left in the country.  I think he could take about 15% of Biden's votes.

I think that as long as black people still vote Democrat at the same rate, 90%+, the Democrats keep their states even if only 35% of the black population votes.

Black People & Peenie:  STOP TREATING US AS IF WE'RE ONE BIG MONOLITH!!

Also Black People & Peenie: Still voting 93% Democrat in EVERY election.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Also Black People & Peenie: Voting 93% Democrat in EVERY election.

That's a fair point.

Some of them don’t even know what a computer is. 

Trust and believe, I will be voting. 

40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh, really? How would you know? 

I don't trust that poll and neither should any of you. 

52 minutes ago, peenie said:

Yes, we know.  Democrat.  Just like you always do and the rest of the 93% of monolith black voters do.  

32 minutes ago, peenie said:

Someone want to tell her? 

• Haha 3

Everyone calm down!  Its only May. Biden will find a way to buy the black vote.  Believe it

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And some of them voted for trump so they ain't black.

4 hours ago, peenie said:

And trust and believe - I will be negating your vote with mine.

8 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

So lets say you are a black american who voted for Biden in 2020 and are now unhappy with him. Instead of choosing not to vote, why would you not vote Trump? Before anyone says "because they hate him more", if that were true, you should still want to vote Biden. Not voting, after voting in 2020, makes little sense. If you didn't vote last time and just kind of hoped Biden would win, okay thats fine, so you don't vote again and kind of hope Trump wins... whatever. But to actively vote for someone and now have your stance be that you don't intend to vote at all is :wacko: if we are talking about the same exact candidates. If your view of Biden has changed to the point that you will not vote for him, that means you felt things were better under Trump, so why not flip your vote if those are your 2 options?

(yes, as someone who lives in NJ and realizes their vote doesn't matter, I do understand that argument but the subject of the thread is blacks voting in 2020 and now saying they are unlikely to vote at all)

I think some people cannot emotionally handle voting for Trump even if logically they think they should.

5 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

It's group think, similar to fantasy football where the majority rank and draft based on everyone else's draft (adp) before them.

Let's revisit come September, boyos and girlyos.

57 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I think some people cannot emotionally handle voting for Trump even if logically they think they should.

So fukkin true.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, peenie said:

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Someone want to tell her? 

The Democrats claim that requiring voter ID to vote is racist because black people don't know how to get ID. 

Of course black people know what a computer is and where to get ID. 95% of black people could tell you where the local Secretary of State's office is and the other 5% just moved in within the last six months.

16 hours ago, peenie said:

Peenie this was literally what the governor of new york said recently about black kids in the bronx

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

Peenie this was literally what the governor of new york said recently about black kids in the bronx

Why are you so focused on the governor who runs one of the largest states in the union? Didn't you hear that some unknown, lone frat boy made ape sounds at lizzo? Oh my God! Where is your outrage over that?

Don't you know that unknown, lone frat boys is one of the biggest problems black people have to face?  IT'S WORSE THAN THE KKK (the previous "biggest problem black people have to face") and their 1800 members!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trump was such a white supremacist racist that he has gained with people of color.  

How could it be?  Im sure Dems will just say blacks and latinos dont know whats good for them.  Or tell them they aint black.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

17 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's a fair point.

You know what else @peenie did?  She lived in northern NJ, a Democrat haven.  She lived in the most Democrat city in the state too (Newark).  She talked about how racist it was up there and how it was for her to get ahead (not putting 2 & 2 together and realizing it was either a black issue or Democrat issue... but blamed it on Republicans [who didn't exist up there]), and still voted Democrat.  After finally getting fed up, she moved to a RED state (Georgia), and PROCEEDED TO VOTE FOR THE SAME PEOPLE THAT SHE DIDN'T LIKE IN NJ!!!!!  How funny is that?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You know what else @peenie did?  She lived in northern NJ, a Democrat haven.  She lived in the most Democrat city in the state too (Newark).  She talked about how racist it was up there and how it was for her to get ahead (not putting 2 & 2 together and realizing it was either a black issue or Democrat issue... but blamed it on Republicans [who didn't exist up there]), and still voted Democrat.  After finally getting fed up, she moved to a RED state (Georgia), and PROCEEDED TO VOTE FOR THE SAME PEOPLE THAT SHE DIDN'T LIKE IN NJ!!!!!  How funny is that?

It's hilarious and absurd at the same time.  That's why we aught to have a law that says liberals can't move out of the sh#tholes they helped create by voting for the same people election after election, year after year.

When minorities going to realize that it's the Democrat Party that are the racist motherf@ckers?  I have no sympathy for people who vote the same and then complain about their circumstances.  F@ck them.  Change has to start with them.

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

It's hilarious and absurd at the same time.  That's why we aught to have a law that says liberals can't move out of the sh#tholes they helped create by voting for the same people election after election, year after year.

When minorities going to realize that it's the Democrat Party that are the racist motherf@ckers?  I have no sympathy for people who vote the same and then complain about their circumstances.  F@ck them.  Change has to start with them.

As a whole, they'll never realize it.  Apparently, only about 7% do.  Sad really.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This is what Californians are doing as they leave, too. They don't get it. 

43 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

This is what Californians are doing as they leave, too. They don't get it. 

...and they're supposed to be the "educated" party. :dunno:

I'll vote for Trump when he denounces white nationalism and white supremacy.