Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Do you or have you gone to movies by yourself?

I decided to go see Solo tonight on a whim.

By myself

Movie starts in 5 and Im the only one in the theater.

Solo has a double meaning tonight

• Like 1

When I got laid off from a job about 15 years ago I took a couple months off before looking for a new job since I hadn't had significant time off since college. It was glorious and I went to a bunch of matinees by myself during that time. Other than that I don't generally go by myself. Not opposed to it but I don't go to the movies that much anyways so it's usually when the GF and both want to see a movie.

Sure.

It both amazes and disgusts me the number of grown-ass adults who can't go to a movie, go out to eat, go to a bar on their own. They get this junior high voice in their head saying everybody will be looking at me!😭

Nobody gives a f*ck. Grow up.

My brother falls into that category. Dude is now almost 60 years old. But never in his life was he able to function on his own. Probably explains why he's on his third wife.

I go visit him in whatever state and we could go somewhere close by and it say something like this is great! You come here a lot? He looks down and says no, I didn't have anybody to go with. Jeezus

To me, that's part of being a fuking adult. Not giving two fux about Junior High shyt like that.

I used to travel a lot for work. I find the same kind of people. Some would insist that after spending all freaking day together, we had to go to dinner and blah blah blah together. Could smell the desperation. Others? Would literally travel with a box of cereal in their luggage. Theyd order milk, a bowl and a spoon from room service and sit in their room after all the work stuff was done and eat cereal and watch TV. God damn

Honestly, I'd feel a whole lot gayer going to the movie theater with another guy than going alone.

• Like 1

I went to see Deadpool 2 by myself.

We do not have a babysitter and my wife was not too interested in the movie. We have a movie theater grill within walking distance of our house. I went after her and the kids were asleep, kept the waiter busy by ordering drinks and then stumbled home.

It was great and I would do it again if there was a movie i thought would be better at the theater and she was not interested in seeing it.

Sure

Then I go home and masterbate :banana:

Yep. Back in SA when working nights on panama shift I would have days off during the week with nothing to do since most people were working. So Id go watch a movie at the draft house. Get a beer and good food to eat while watching a movie.

Previews

Rock in Skyscraper...die hard ripoff

Incredibles 2

Mission impossible....

Ant man and wasp

Jurrasic world..

Holy crap another couple just came in.

No longer alone.

Sure

Then I go home and masterbate :banana:

Loser.

I masterbate IN the theater

I went to see Something About Mary by myself.

It was summer time in northern Michigan and I was 1500 miles away from family and friends.

Loved the movie but I felt like a real loser leaving the theater because it was a Friday night and everyone was with their friends or dates and I was by myself.

That was 20 years ago this summer, holy time flies.

Now I wouldn't think twice about going but I don't keep up with what is playing.

Previews

Rock in Skyscraper...die hard ripoff

Incredibles 2

Mission impossible....

Ant man and wasp

Jurrasic world..

Holy crap another couple just came in.

No longer alone.

Can size?

i cannot remember the last time i went to a movie alone. i rarely go out for movies anyway.

i have no issue eating alone, or when i travel by myself going to bars alone. when i am home, i prefer to spend my time with family so do not go out to the bars much either.

By myself

There's a 70,s pron joke here that I can't seem to put my finger on that would hit the trifecta.Bunny needs help. Chewbacca maybe?

And yes. I go quite often by myself. Best way imo.

I don't go to the movies too often but sure I've done it. I also like going to restaurants and eating alone too.

By myself

gonna squeeze one off eh?

3 Movies I've seen alone.....

Summer Rental ( Hated it at the time but love it now )

Gung Ho ( hated it then hate it now )

Pink Floyds "The Wall" ( I walked out, I was high and it was too intense at the time. My Grandfather had just died and I was feeling down anyway. I'd probably love it nowadays.)

I dont think I ever have. I mean, I would, I have no problem with it. I just dont really go to the movies much anyway. Its always been more of a, something to do on a date thing to me.

I eat in restaurants alone almost daily. No problem with that at all.

Not in China. I download movies and watch them by myself frequently. A couple of days ago it was Full Metal Jacket.

There's a 70,s pron joke here that I can't seem to put my finger on that would hit the trifecta.Bunny needs help. Chewbacca maybe?

And yes. I go quite often by myself. Best way imo.

Star Wars: The Last Hope Solo

Chewbacca Strikes Butt

Not in China. I download movies and watch them by myself frequently. A couple of days ago it was Full Metal Jacket.

Me too. Fiancé does the same. Well, I download them for her.

We rarely watch the same thing at the same time. Maybe once a week.

For some reason, she doesnt like tv shows. Wont watch em. She loves the sex and the city movies. So I downloaded the whole show for her. Wont watch.

But she loves to come ask me annoying questions while I do. I am in season six of sons of anarchy, for example. Shell be like, whos that guy? What happened to this guy?

Baby, there is no way I can explain six seasons of twists and turns to you. If you wanna watch, watch. If you dont, dont.

High Fidelity

Fahrenheit 9/11

An Inconvenient Truth

Springsteen and I

Dunkirk

True story. One time I was one of maybe 7 to 9 people in theater during the daytime. There was a middle-aged chick it was probably two rows up and on the other side of the aisle for me. She went there for one reason and one reason only. She rubbed her bean so hard I think it might have fallen off. She was squirming all over that seat. Can you say super freak?

Fuct if I remember what movie I'm supposed to be watching.

Sure.

It both amazes and disgusts me the number of grown-ass adults who can't go to a movie, go out to eat, go to a bar on their own. They get this junior high voice in their head saying everybody will be looking at me!

Nobody gives a f*ck. Grow up.

My brother falls into that category. Dude is now almost 60 years old. But never in his life was he able to function on his own. Probably explains why he's on his third wife.

I go visit him in whatever state and we could go somewhere close by and it say something like this is great! You come here a lot? He looks down and says no, I didn't have anybody to go with. Jeezus

To me, that's part of being a fuking adult. Not giving two fux about Junior High shyt like that.

I used to travel a lot for work. I find the same kind of people. Some would insist that after spending all freaking day together, we had to go to dinner and blah blah blah together. Could smell the desperation. Others? Would literally travel with a box of cereal in their luggage. Theyd order milk, a bowl and a spoon from room service and sit in their room after all the work stuff was done and eat cereal and watch TV. God damn

Honestly, I'd feel a whole lot gayer going to the movie theater with another guy than going alone.

Well put.

Be comfortable being by yourself in these situations.

I've gone to movies, wrestling, golfing, fishing by myself at various times.

If there's something I want to do, I'll do it.

The mrs (36C) and I don't like the same movies so yes if there's something I really want to see I have no problem with it.Also go to the bar a lot by myself but thats because I know I'm going to either meet someone new or already know someone there.Love meeting new people and shooting the sh!t over drinks,have made some great friends at the local watering hole.

It was summer time in northern Michigan

That has a ring to it

Sure sometimes.. Especially is there a movie that I really want to see, uninterrupted - I'll take a half day and go on like a Tuesday, nobody is there.

On a related note. You know what pisses me off?

Well, every thing.

But, I'll have the whole theater to myself. There's at least 40 Rows, and two people will walk in and proceed to sit damn near in my lap.

It's the herd mentality and so many people have.

The same thing happens to me in bars and parking lots. One time, I was a literally the only car / truck in the Target parking lot. We're talking 900 spaces. Sumbitch drove all the way through the parking lot to park literally right next to me.

Jesus Christ. To say i scared the out of her is an understatement. But seriously? You stupid kunt.

Or the lonely fuckers in bars that do that. Get the away from me. If you want to have a conversation, over tip the bartender. I'm not here to entertain you.

It's not like my off and die Vibe is subtle in the least bit.

Seriously, we have the entire theater, and you have to sit right here? Go yourself.

I don't sit in the center/center of a nearly empty theater anymore. I'll sit more towards the front where a quick egress is possible and if I want to refill my popcorn/drink I can without having to slide by anyone.

never, not once. never will

i went once in vegas when i was there on a work trip. Literally just needed something to do besides drinking and gambling, so i went and saw a movie. i felt somewhat pathetic.

I have kodi on a firestick, if i want to watch a movie i'll just fire it up on my giant TV.

i went once in vegas when i was there on a work trip. Literally just needed something to do besides drinking and gambling, so i went and saw a movie. i felt somewhat pathetic.

Last day of Vegas, one time I went. Was with a new girl I had been dating a few months. Couldn't think of how to waste time, without spending a ton.

We went to see Shutter Island at the movie theater

I don't think I ever have but I definitely would. I don't really like talking to people to begin with so it would be the ideal situation. Rarely go as it is though. Think the last last movie I saw in the theater was American Sniper.

I did it once years ago. It sucked, wont do it again.

I have kodi on a firestick, if i want to watch a movie i'll just fire it up on my giant TV.

I have a firestick as well...but the quality usually sucks

Repost...

I don't know about that, but the other night I went to see The Departed by myself (wife and kids out of town) at the 2nd run theater cost $1.99 a movie. So I say to self, "kutulu, you better get a bite to eat before the show." http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/banana.gif

Head over to KFC a few shops down the road. A few people ahead of me had big orders and I only order a $1.07 sandwich snacker. Well, everyone ended up waiting extra long for their food, but I actually didn't have to wait too long. Nonetheless, for my wait, they gave me 2 sandwich snackers, a order of coleslaw and a soda which I refilled on my way back to the movie. Course I was now stuffed.

I took myself to a movie and dinner for a grand total of $3.06. Needless to say, when I got home, I couldn't keep my hands off myself. http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/banana.gif http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/banana.gif http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/banana.gif

no, you can't have those 45 seconds back