Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

So..........

I'm going to lose my wife, my house, my mom and the house I grew up in since 74, my business that I've kept together for the last three fawking years, daughter going to college at LSU, a company car, did I mention my company? A bank account that laughs at me as my line of credit is a joke.

I've done everything to make it work. And it's done. Scary fawking .

I'm scared. Billls are accumulating left and right.

I'm going to lose my wife, my house, my mom and the house I grew up in since 74, my business that I've kept together for the last three fawking years, daughter going to college at LSU, a company car, did I mention my company? A bank account that laughs at me as my line of credit is a joke.

I've done everything to make it work. And it's done. Scary fawking ######.

Damn, hit rock bottom as fast as you can so you can use the ricochet effect back to the Top!

Keep your chin up, good luck!

I've done everything to make it work. And it's done. Scary fawking ######.

Go see a BK lawyer tomorrow and get the processs rolling. You can rebound from this. Believe me, I have.

Also, consider a stint in rehab. That would be a huge first step.

This is where I was going with my question What would you do different? Bunny needs to sober the fock up to at least be around for his kid.

Look, if I've learned anything on this board after all these years it is without a doubt that Bills are worthless.

Even now, the Pats have the division locked up.

You posted this exact same thread around New Years, hinting at suicide. I believe it was bridge or something.

Of everything you listed I would be worried most about the daughter going to LSU. Do you know what happens at Reggie's?

• Like 1

You posted this exact same thread around New Years, hinting at suicide. I believe it was bridge or something.

Of everything you listed I would be worried most about the daughter going to LSU. Do you know what happens at Reggie's?

Im gonna venture to guess that bunny knows exactly what goes on at Reggies. He probably helped invent it.

• Like 1

What would you have done differently?

Great question. Twenty years plus of what to do. I don't know. Grow a heart? Find a place that doesn't make me the center of the universe?

Im thinking that the best thing to do would be to enroll in LSU and take your business acumen to mess with the faculty and party like its 1985 and your Rodney Dangerfield.

Whats the worst that could happen?

Back to School baby!! Your kid would love it.

Good luck man..agreed on the BK lawyer...

• Like 1

Go see a BK lawyer tomorrow and get the processs rolling. You can rebound from this. Believe me, I have.

Excellent advice. Good luck Bunny.

Don't give up my man. Go get a company adjusting position. Dig yourself out of this hole and make sure to be there for your daughter. Wives and houses can be replaced. :thumbsup:

This has been the worst week of my life in terms of my marriage. First time in my life I have moved out of the house and we have been married for 12 years. We sat the kids down this week (8, 11, 13) and explained to them what was going on and that we didn't know what the future would hold. I feel like I have turned a corner and now I have to change some things as I don't want to lose everything we've built together. I still don't know how this will turn out. My wife has heard me say for years that things will be different, but finally this week she seems to have given up hope that it will. Now I'm doing my best to convince her that it really will.

I have really become isolated and introverted the past couple years. I keep way too much inside, lack friends that I can honestly and open share my struggles with and really don't communicate much with the wife. I feel bitter and angry and have a hard time forgiving her for something that has happened in the past. These past couple days, because of how low things have been I finally feel that I am opening up to her and trying to communicate more.

My company offers a great EAP program. We are able to see a counselor at no cost to us; up to three visits together and three visits individually for both me and her are available to us. I'm not sure she wants to do it, as we tried a free counselor at church a few years ago but didn't really see much progress there. I am working to set up my individual visits and I hope she will join me for the three we have available to us together.

I'm right there with you man. I haven't let it go as long as you have, but if something doesn't change for us we are going to be in the exact same situation that you seem to be in now. I don't know what advice I can offer you but I hope something changes for us because I love my wife and I want us to be happy together. I am more interested in fixing us than I am in how this impacts the kids. I know no matter what happens the two of us will do everything we can to be there and support our kids and not drag them down with us. However, the one thing I really did pick up on from the counselor at church is that if you are going to succeed in marriage your spouse needs to come right after your love for God. As much as I love my kids, I can honestly say I love my wife more even though sh1t's about as bad as it can be right now.

It's a struggle. I feel for you and I hope you are able to make the best of what seems to be a bad situation. And, I hope I'm able to change course at home because I will be devastated if I have to figure out my life without her.

This has been the worst week of my life in terms of my marriage. First time in my life I have moved out of the house and we have been married for 12 years. We sat the kids down this week (8, 11, 13) and explained to them what was going on and that we didn't know what the future would hold. I feel like I have turned a corner and now I have to change some things as I don't want to lose everything we've built together. I still don't know how this will turn out. My wife has heard me say for years that things will be different, but finally this week she seems to have given up hope that it will. Now I'm doing my best to convince her that it really will.

I have really become isolated and introverted the past couple years. I keep way too much inside, lack friends that I can honestly and open share my struggles with and really don't communicate much with the wife. I feel bitter and angry and have a hard time forgiving her for something that has happened in the past. These past couple days, because of how low things have been I finally feel that I am opening up to her and trying to communicate more.

My company offers a great EAP program. We are able to see a counselor at no cost to us; up to three visits together and three visits individually for both me and her are available to us. I'm not sure she wants to do it, as we tried a free counselor at church a few years ago but didn't really see much progress there. I am working to set up my individual visits and I hope she will join me for the three we have available to us together.

I'm right there with you man. I haven't let it go as long as you have, but if something doesn't change for us we are going to be in the exact same situation that you seem to be in now. I don't know what advice I can offer you but I hope something changes for us because I love my wife and I want us to be happy together. I am more interested in fixing us than I am in how this impacts the kids. I know no matter what happens the two of us will do everything we can to be there and support our kids and not drag them down with us. However, the one thing I really did pick up on from the counselor at church is that if you are going to succeed in marriage your spouse needs to come right after your love for God. As much as I love my kids, I can honestly say I love my wife more even though sh1t's about as bad as it can be right now.

It's a struggle. I feel for you and I hope you are able to make the best of what seems to be a bad situation. And, I hope I'm able to change course at home because I will be devastated if I have to figure out my life without her.

Definitely have her do the counseling with you. You mentioned, "I feel bitter and angry and have a hard time forgiving her for something that has happened in the past." which means you have some deep seated issues with her on this.

I was a little short with my wife and kids last night.

This thread is a reminder of how stupid that was.

Im calling her now to apologize.

• Like 1

You are a little person? :unsure:

Thank you for the heads up. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Have you really done everything?

There's nothing you would change about yourself, a sacrifice or practice that you would or could have made?

If you are holding on to things that really don't matter anymore, a past incident, an issue, a difference of opinion and not moving forward, then you'll never be able to move forward.

Bunny, you do seem to be losing everything at once. Wife, Mother and Business should be 3 distinct and separate things. The only thing they have in common is YOU. So the root cause is you. I'm not saying that to place blame but what is it about you that is common to all 3 causing each facet of you life to, at the same time, all be lost. Coincidental timing?

cmh, you are right about loving your wife, more than your children. It's a choice to love her. The kids are a bit more automatic if you know what I mean. Their born to you and you raise them, teach them but your spouse is someone you have to work with and communicate with and choose to figure out what matters and how you as a pair are to be. With God or a higher power, that is about you and how YOU yourself matters and are to be, so you better love and be comfortable with yourself before you can find it with someone else.

Great question. Twenty years plus of what to do. I don't know. Grow a heart? Find a place that doesn't make me the center of the universe?

Man, you gotta stop the beating up on yourself. I get it. I was there too.

Youre a good guy. You made some mistakes. We all do. Just move on man. The past is past. Its time to focus on the now for a while, and ultimately a future.

Sorry to hear you guys are having a tough time. Not much advice but hope things improve sooner rather than later.

At least you taught that punk in the bar a lesson amirite?

Good luck.

I think I get the center of the universe thing. You are in a world where nothing and nobody moves until you do. And when you stop, they stop. And because of this, you get selfish and resentful. Only piece of wisdom I have, is that you are certainly not the center of anyone's universe, even if it feels like it.

Sack the fock up and quit the look at me threads.

Here you go. I feel terrible for you. I also assume there were crap ass decisions you made to get you where you are today.

• Like 1

Have you really done everything?

There's nothing you would change about yourself, a sacrifice or practice that you would or could have made?

If you are holding on to things that really don't matter anymore, a past incident, an issue, a difference of opinion and not moving forward, then you'll never be able to move forward.

Bunny, you do seem to be losing everything at once. Wife, Mother and Business should be 3 distinct and separate things. The only thing they have in common is YOU. So the root cause is you. I'm not saying that to place blame but what is it about you that is common to all 3 causing each facet of you life to, at the same time, all be lost. Coincidental timing?

Tough love, but probably accurate.

you doin' ok bunny?

I didn't realize that cmh was going thru similar problems. :( Good luck to both of you. CMH, as somebody mentioned you stated that you had issues yourself to work thru, so if true, ball is in your court and get to working on them. :thumbsup:

I didn't realize that cmh was going thru similar problems. :( Good luck to both of you. CMH, as somebody mentioned you stated that you had issues yourself to work thru, so if true, ball is in your court and get to working on them. :thumbsup:

thanks, I have an appointment setup with a counselor tomorrow and feel like I've turned a corner. Just going to need to work on not having setbacks and staying the course.

thanks, I have an appointment setup with a counselor tomorrow and feel like I've turned a corner. Just going to need to work on not having setbacks and staying the course.

Your taking blame is admirable, but it seems like you are a bit evasive/mysterious over what has caused the problems in your marriage. Are you alcoholic? Abusive? Drug addiction? Generalized A-hole? You say that you are seeking counseling and want to avoid setbacks, but yet are obtusive about what those setbacks might involve. Step #1 in addressing a problem is openly admitting the problem.

Your taking blame is admirable, but it seems like you are a bit evasive/mysterious over what has caused the problems in your marriage. Are you alcoholic? Abusive? Drug addiction? Generalized A-hole? You say that you are seeking counseling and want to avoid setbacks, but yet are obtusive about what those setbacks might involve. Step #1 in addressing a problem is openly admitting the problem.

I was going by this statement:

I feel bitter and angry and have a hard time forgiving her for something that has happened in the past. These past couple days, because of how low things have been I finally feel that I am opening up to her and trying to communicate more.

hang in there bunny

good luck cmh. i don't recall you mentioning your woes.

I was going by this statement:

cmh being the only geek I have met, seems like any other good guy to me.

I will say that when people admit to being introverted or being a bit of a loner, I get concerned about drinking. It's a trap I avoid with moderate success.

honestly, more than anything I think it's a focus on everything other than each other. Prioritizing work over the relationship, prioritizing the kids over the relationship; just really not enough attention to the needs of each other. There has never been any physical abuse or anything like that, nor do I feel like alcohol or drugs are bringing us down. Jerrys probably onto it, but rather than blame someone else I'm trying to focus on things I can control.

honestly, more than anything I think it's a focus on everything other than each other. Prioritizing work over the relationship, prioritizing the kids over the relationship; just really not enough attention to the needs of each other. There has never been any physical abuse or anything like that, nor do I feel like alcohol or drugs are bringing us down. Jerrys probably onto it, but rather than blame someone else I'm trying to focus on things I can control.

Sounds like counselor BS when you say "honesty". Who was dishonest with who? Did one of you cheat? Do you lie to each other on a regular basis?

It seems like Bunny's issue may be substance abuse, but you are saying that is not your issue. I'm not being critical...just trying to get an understanding of what has caused you to move out of your house? To me, it sounds like a bigger problem than telling a few fibs.

Also, I am only pushing the envelope on this because it seems like you want to be honest and own up to your mistakes.

Perhaps she has been dishonest and unfaithful and I have some trust issues.