Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

Your top three athletes that you watched

~40~

MJ

Barry Sanders

Jerry Rice

Steve Young, Scottie Pippen, and Mike Piazza were my favorite players though..

Pistol Pete Maravich

Lance Alworth

Ali

and I grew up competing with and against Carl Lewis. No greater athlete has walked the planet the last 50 years.

Pistol Pete owned a house down the street fom where I grew up when he played for the New Orleans Jazz. He loved the kids and always opened his doors to sign autographs and play a horse game when we showed up. I was only ten back then, but he would sign our posters and cards, and be very graceful to us. The kids in the neighborhood were always knocking on his door. And he always answered.

Ali was the greatest for many reasons. Read his 800 page book, and it says it all. The ultimate competitor.

:thumbsup:

Bo. He was the best athlete we will see in our lifetime. No one is ever going to play 2 sports the way he did.

Barry. Man his hips. The ability to give the leg and then jerk it out of the grasp of defense was greatness in action each time he touched the ball.

Griffy Jr was the best baseball player I ever saw play. In person or on tv. He was everything that baseball is and should be. Pure. Excellent. So good that he made it look like playground ball.

LT- The Best. Nuff said

Jordan- Not a flaw in his game

Griffey Jr. - Did it all. Trout is closing on him though.

Michael Jordan - Never seen someone so dominant.

Barry Sanders - Even on a sh1t team his entire career, he had legendary numbers.

Randy Moss - There has never been, and likely never will be, anybody as athletically gifted on the gridiron as him.

Dam this is so subjective and hard. Ive seen a lot of great athletes play. Make it a lot easier if I had a single sport to choose from.

I no longer idiolize athletes on my favorite teams. Those days are long gone. Name on the front mother focker!

But back in the day no doubt I did. Marcus Allen, Magic, Howie Long are my top 3.

Dam this is so subjective and hard. Ive seen a lot of great athletes play. Make it a lot easier if I had a single sport to choose from.

No Red Sox or Patriots though,

Kirby Puckett

Larry Bird

Fran Tarkenton

Either or.

Favorites would be Griffey, a tie b/w Pedro Martinez/Nolan Ryan/Tom Glavine, and Cal Ripken

Roger Staubach - most notably the '78 & '79 seasons.

Dirk - freak of nature, heart of gold, as beloved as any athlete you'll find.

Tiger - although I saw Jack more than a few times, he was well past his prime... I've never witnessed anything like Tigermania - guessing it's a lot like when the Beatles came to America.

Best:

Football - Barry Sanders

Baseball - Griffey

Hockey - Roy

Basketball - Lebron

Favorite:

Fooball - Terrell Davis

Baseball - Walt Weiss

Hockey - Forsberg

Basketball - Dikembe

1. Bobby Orr

2. Michael Jordan

3. Tom Brady

Orr just passed the eye test as better than anyone else. Could take the puck from one end of the ice to the other in a blink of an eye. Best career per game plus minus in NHL history. Best Pus Minus in a single season. Consider this: Bobby Orr was a plus 582 for his career. Gretzky was a plus 522 for his career and Orr played in less than half the amount of games Gretzky did.

Jordan and Brady just had a will to win that surpassed their peers and elevated their teammates.

If we are talking about seeing them in person, I'll go with the following:

Reggie Bush - Saw him play in the infamous "Bush Push" game at Notre Dame. I've probably been to close to 100 college football games, and I have never seen a player who looked so much faster and more skilled than anyone else on the field.

Mike Schmidt - I had Phillies season tickets. People forget that Schmidt was so much more than a slugger. He was an exceptional fielder, hitter and had good speed for a big guy.

Michael Phelps - Had the pleasure of seeing Phelps swim at the 2004 National Championships in California (I was there on business). I was there for 1 session, and saw him win the 400 IM (all strokes) which he won by about 5 bodylengths. It was crazy.