Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

How pathetic...

Up 3 scores and your throwing. If Marino was going for it up in the 4th his numbers would have been way higher. I think it's a joke that Brees got the record the way he did.

Up 3 scores and your throwing. If Marino was going for it up in the 4th his numbers would have been way higher. I think it's a joke that Brees got the record the way he did.

He just wanted to break the record at home...

Marino's teams were usually eliminated from the playoffs by mid season yet Marino kept throwing until week 17 and until the game ended every week. You are lame.

He just wanted to break the record at home...

Saints are at home next week.

Couldn't disagree more. Brees was going to break it no matter what so why not get it out of the way so they can focus on the playoffs?

Lost to that last TD... by 3 points, FF god isn't on my side this year.

Me either.

My worst FF year ever! I'll finish 4, 3, 4, and 5.

First time I've not won at least one league.

Several losses by less than 5 will do that. And when you lose by that little, you think, well, if this guy had that catch for 10 more yards or this or that. Suckazz way to lose!

Glad the year is over.

:overhead:

Couldn't disagree more. Brees was going to break it no matter what so why not get it out of the way so they can focus on the playoffs?

This :thumbsup:

Lost to that last TD... by 3 points, FF god isn't on my side this year.

Lost my championship on that play too.....by 1.5 pts.

I totally understand wanting to do it at home...i have no prob with it.

Couldn't disagree more. They wanted to break it at home on MNF.

Did you hear Brees' locker room speech?

Dude couldn't have more class.

+1

How are some football fans such whiny crybabies?

I bet you Falcons end up playing them again in the playoffs and karma will get them for that. Classless and was seriously sad that he had to run up the score...

Bobby how is the weather in San Diego ! Only a Chargers fan would criticize Brees !

I' not a Charger fan or a Falcon fan. I a fan of respect and brees and the Saints don't have it. U run up the score so u can break a record you could break a week later? STUPID. If he would have waited I would have respected them. One more week of everyone talking about you. Instead you had to run up the score to get the record. talk about padding your stats. I guess that's how he got the record.

Lost my championship on that play too.....by 1.5 pts.

I totally understand wanting to do it at home...i have no prob with it.

Me too. 1.2 points.

I' not a Charger fan or a Falcon fan. I a fan of respect and brees and the Saints don't have it. U run up the score so u can break a record you could break a week later? STUPID. If he would have waited I would have respected them. One more week of everyone talking about you. Instead you had to run up the score to get the record. talk about padding your stats. I guess that's how he got the record.

actually you're a b!tch that's been rooting against brees all night. Be a man and say you're mad because that blew your FF game. It's ok to say that you know. Don't sit here and be passive aggressive about it. I'm sure that performance effed a bunch of people, and odds are there were more than a few people that lost their championship game on that last play...

Me, I don't quite know how I feel about it. I feel like if it was anyone else but Brees, people would be calling it classless, but since its him and he's so beloved, people accept it. Dunno, if that was brady and crew doing it people would be crying bloody hell. personally, I've never had any issues with anyone running up scores. If you don't like it, do something to stop it. I do, however, am amazed at how often a game which is out of reach still has a ton of starters in it, and especially starters like top notch qbs. If brees goes down, the saints basically turn into the colts, losing any and every game in sight. So a bunch of conflicting stuff there for me, but if they're gonna bench him next week because they have nothing to play, then I ahve no issues with it....

This was you?

"The guy I'm playing has Brees and Colston LOL...Wow"

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=398470&st=0&p=4667318entry4667318

And:

"UP 10 but he has Brees,Colston,Stewart ..."

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=398430&st=0&p=4666552entry4666552

Well, thereyago.

My one question is "Why Tonight?"

He's going to play next week... they still have to win for a shot at the #2 seed. Next week's game is at home. So why did they feel he had to get the record tonight? Just so that it's on national television? If that is the reason... then yes, it is pathetic.

My one question is "Why Tonight?"

He's going to play next week... they still have to win for a shot at the #2 seed. Next week's game is at home. So why did they feel he had to get the record tonight? Just so that it's on national television? If that is the reason... then yes, it is pathetic.

This I agree with. I'm not going to call it classless, as much as I think it's just amateurish. I could see a dirt bag like Belichick doing it, but it's kind of surprising coming from the Saints.

Never hear you guys complaining whenever Rodgers is in the shotgun, on a first and goal at the other teams one yard line, while ahead by at least 3 TD's in the 4th quarter, and they call a pass play instead of a running play, so Rodgers can pad his stats when a simple handoff would've been the so called classy respectful move.

Maybe a little overboard in trying to get him the record last night, but I don't think that we are talking classless. He could have gotten the record next week, but the Saints have to get the record out of the way so that they can focus on the playoffs.

I think that people like to whine too much about "running up the score". This is professional sports. Not everyone gets a trophy.

Never hear you guys complaining whenever Rodgers is in the shotgun, on a first and goal at the other teams one yard line, while ahead by at least 3 TD's in the 4th quarter, and they call a pass play instead of a running play, so Rodgers can pad his stats when a simple handoff would've been the so called classy respectful move.

How often has that happened with Rodgers?

BTW...I don't think it was classless of Brees...just thought it was stupid...especially after trying to dive for a first down.

Risking the year for a record he would easily break the next week at home anyway was dumb.

How about blaming the Falcons for not stopping him? This is the NFL, not pop warner kids football. This truly shows the pussification of the next generation. I never heard that kind of stiff growing up, I always heard ... Well stop them and you won't have to worry bout running up score.

The OP is def part of the vaginal generation. Probably got a trophy for coming in last in his Little league season.

WTF are you talking about? Rodgers could have 8 TD passes the last game against the Bears (he had 5 in less than 3 quarters) but they yanked him for Flynn.

He always gets yanked for Flynn and or they run, run, run into the pile...

Brady (and now Brees) are the only QBs I've seen this year up 24/25 with 2 minutes left throwing touchdown passes...

Rodgers could have 6,000 yards and 60 TDs but the Packers elect to get him out of the game when the outcome is determined...

Don't mention the Oakland game (I believe you are a Raiders fan)... they aren't going to yank Rodgers at halftime... That's disrespectful to both teams.... I do believe Flynn came in in the 3rd quarter in that game...

Maybe a little overboard in trying to get him the record last night, but I don't think that we are talking classless. He could have gotten the record next week, but the Saints have to get the record out of the way so that they can focus on the playoffs.

I think that people like to whine too much about "running up the score". This is professional sports. Not everyone gets a trophy.

This is a great strawman... Who wants everybody to get a trophy?

I just think it's good to have respect for the other team. Were you ever an athlete? Did you ever play ball? You don't steal bases up 14-1 in the ninth... You don't have your starters launch 3-point bombs up 45 with 2 minutes left in basketball..

Why does it make you great to statpad against a wilted defeated team who has quit? What does that say about you?

Nevermind the injury risk just makes the whole thing insanely stupid :thumbsdown:

This is a great strawman... Who wants everybody to get a trophy?

I just think it's good to have respect for the other team. Were you ever an athlete? Did you ever play ball? You don't steal bases up 14-1 in the ninth... You don't have your starters launch 3-point bombs up 45 with 2 minutes left in basketball..

Why does it make you great to statpad against a wilted defeated team who has quit? What does that say about you?

Nevermind the injury risk just makes the whole thing insanely stupid :thumbsdown:

I was an athlete and I have coached several sports. I don't run up the score because I am not playing professional sports. There is a HUGE difference between your (strawman) examples and the NFL.

Records are made to be broken and I don't see why you get your panties all in a bunch over this.

I was an athlete and I have coached several sports. I don't run up the score because I am not playing professional sports. There is a HUGE difference between your (strawman) examples and the NFL.

Records are made to be broken and I don't see why you get your panties all in a bunch over this.

I have no problem whatsoever with breaking records...

They just mean less to me when Brady/Brees are statpadding and classier quarterbacks Marino/Rodgers are long on the sidelines....

So, is just blatantly pouring it on at the end of the game the only sportsmanship difference between professional sports and regular sports? Or are there other things that are unsportsmanlike for everybody else but OK in professional sports.

You don't think your kids watch and worship and emulate professional sports?

What does it serve you to statpad and humiliate your opponent when the game has long been decided?

And if the good outweighs the bad, why don't you do it? Why doesn't everybody do it?

I guess I don't get why you don't run up the score personally if it's a good thing to do... Kids have to toughen up sometime...

I understand you are sticking up for your guys, the greatest score runner-uppers/statpadders in the history of the NFL -- Belichick/Brady -- but it's just terribly inconsistent

And, like I said, insanely stupid from an injury risk standpoint

How about blaming the Falcons for not stopping him? This is the NFL, not pop warner kids football. This truly shows the pussification of the next generation. I never heard that kind of stiff growing up, I always heard ... Well stop them and you won't have to worry bout running up score.

The OP is def part of the vaginal generation. Probably got a trophy for coming in last in his Little league season.

100% agree. If the opposing team doesn't like it then stop them. Just like Jimmy Johnson said "we'll stop scoring when they either stop trying to come back or they forfeit the game altogether."

:banana:

I have no problem whatsoever with breaking records...

They just mean less to me when Brady/Brees are statpadding and classier quarterbacks Marino/Rodgers are long on the sidelines....

So, is just blatantly pouring it on at the end of the game the only sportsmanship difference between professional sports and regular sports? Or are there other things that are unsportsmanlike for everybody else but OK in professional sports.

You don't think your kids watch and worship and emulate professional sports?

What does it serve you to statpad and humiliate your opponent when the game has long been decided?

And if the good outweighs the bad, why don't you do it? Why doesn't everybody do it?

I guess I don't get why you don't run up the score personally if it's a good thing to do... Kids have to toughen up sometime...

I understand you are sticking up for your guys, the greatest score runner-uppers/statpadders in the history of the NFL -- Belichick/Brady -- but it's just terribly inconsistent

And, like I said, insanely stupid from an injury risk standpoint

I know that you are doing your usual trolling, but I will bite anyway. You go way overboard in vilifying others and think that your beloved Packers are beyond reproach. I agree with some of what you have said and you only read half of what I write anyway.

I don't run up the score because sportsmanship is important in amateur athletics. There are some lessons to be learned in how you conduct yourself. However, I also feel that people take that too far.

There have been situations where my team has been on the losing end of a blowout and the other team is just passing the ball around and not trying to score. Who does that help? That is far more humiliating than if the team just put in their 2nd stringers and had them trying their best.

I also think that there are lessons to be learned in achieving a goal. Sometimes those goals are milestones or records for a team or individual. Getting a guy a hat trick even when you are up 6-0 is okay in my book if it happens against me. I just think that people take things too personally and don't use adversity as a teaching moment.

With respect to the pros, I agree about injury risks, but not to the extent that you think. I also think that those guys are men who are not going to be emotionally scarred by a guy scoring on them. I also think that the hot-dogging and celebration is ok in professional sports but not in amateur sports. If one of my players did a Lambeau leap, I would have him sit the entire next game. If my QB were to give the "Championship Belt" move, I would bench him too. Of course there is a double-standard. Pull your head out of the sand and recognize it.

If I'm Brees, my goal is to set a new passing record as big as it can go so its more difficult to break than Marino's. Isn't Brady on his heels too this season?

He was going to break the record no matter what before the game started. He should try to throw for 6000 yards. Screw it.

This I agree with. I'm not going to call it classless, as much as I think it's just amateurish. I could see a dirt bag like Belichick doing it, but it's kind of surprising coming from the Saints.

So - it's OK for Brees and Payton b/c they wanted it at home, or to get it out of the way and focus on playoffs, or on Monday night, or, or, or...

you got a list of things that make it OK to run up a score?

See, here's the thing: I don't fault Brees/Payton or Brady/Belichick - they all have their reasons for doing what they do and NONE of those reasons are to run up the score or show up an opponent.

But if you're going to be a retard about it all, at least be a consistent retard, not a retarded retard.

I know that you are doing your usual trolling, but I will bite anyway. You go way overboard in vilifying others and think that your beloved Packers are beyond reproach. I agree with some of what you have said and you only read half of what I write anyway.

I don't run up the score because sportsmanship is important in amateur athletics. There are some lessons to be learned in how you conduct yourself. However, I also feel that people take that too far.

There have been situations where my team has been on the losing end of a blowout and the other team is just passing the ball around and not trying to score. Who does that help? That is far more humiliating than if the team just put in their 2nd stringers and had them trying their best.

I also think that there are lessons to be learned in achieving a goal. Sometimes those goals are milestones or records for a team or individual. Getting a guy a hat trick even when you are up 6-0 is okay in my book if it happens against me. I just think that people take things too personally and don't use adversity as a teaching moment.

With respect to the pros, I agree about injury risks, but not to the extent that you think. I also think that those guys are men who are not going to be emotionally scarred by a guy scoring on them. I also think that the hot-dogging and celebration is ok in professional sports but not in amateur sports. If one of my players did a Lambeau leap, I would have him sit the entire next game. If my QB were to give the "Championship Belt" move, I would bench him too. Of course there is a double-standard. Pull your head out of the sand and recognize it.

I'm usually trolling when it comes to the Patsies, but not in this case...

These were legitimate questions I asked.... I don't think you're amateur scenarios answered them for me...

Of course there are different celebrations you can do in professional sports and high school -- most simply curbed by their respective rulebooks... I don't even think that's a fair comparison. High schoolers are not allowed to leap into the crowd.

I'm just trying to find out where/why sportsmanship and respect for your opponent changes for professional sports. And to be honest - outside of the Brady/Brees examples -- I just don't see it in professional sports. NBA team put their subs in when they get up big... MLB teams stop stealing bases up 14-1 in the ninth...

Didn't Welker destroy his knee on a non-contact play just running a regular route?

Every down he's in there when he doesn't need to be is stupid. Even dumber for Brady!... Give your players rest, make sure no injuries happen, give your back-ups valuable experience... get out with a big win.

Again.. you know I'm a Packer fan... We* destroy teams...we don't get destroyed... so you know I'm not just being a whiney poosay crybaby.

I guess if I was watching a game with my boy and he asked "Why is Rodgers throwing a touchdown pass on fourth down up 25 with 2 min. left in the game?" I wouldn't have a good answer for him.

Well, besides kicking him in the nutz and calling him a poosay for asking the question :lol:

*Yes, I own the team, redtood! (part-owner!)

:first:

I read this and started playing this mini violin that I keep next to my computer for people who can't contain their tears and want to cry about anything and everything. It is the Falcons defense's job to stop them and they didn't. They are a professional team getting paid millions of dollars. Personally when a team rolls over like that the only way the game ends up staying somewhat interesting is if the other team runs it up so you can see offensive brilliance. They deserved every point that was scored against them.

What about a team that is getting blown out and they get a garbage touchdown? Why don't I see you whining about that? They are losing that big and according to your logic once the game is in hand all offense should stop so that no one's feelings get hurt and we can watch both qb's knee every play out of respect for leaving the score as is.