3. 90's

4. 60's

5. 2000's

2000's

1970's

1960's

1990's

1980's

So the only debate for me would be the 70's vs 60's. But the 70's was deeper.

1. 70's

2. 60's

3. 80's

4. 90's

5. 00's

:thumbsup:

70s

80s

60s

00s

90s

I don't even know any 00s songs. I live in a cultural vacuum. What I do know is it has to be better than the 90s. Some students had a song by Westlife, something something pray for me, I was the black sheep of the family... that one song is better than the entire 90s decade.

Damn you all have the 60's ranked way too damn low. -- To me it's neck in Neck with the 80's and maybe better. The British invasion alone gets them at least #2 for the Beatles and Stones alone.

60s

80s

70s

90s

00s

70s

80s

00s

90s

60s

This is basically the way I search on satellite radio. The 60s are tough because I love some songs but much of it is unlistenable

1. 70s

2. 60s

3. 80s

4. 90s

I don't know nothing bout no 00s.

70s

80s

00s

90s

60s

This is basically the way I search on satellite radio. The 60s are tough because I love some songs but much of it is unlistenable

Beatles and the Stones and some Hendrix aren't good enough for you -- you hate musics

70s

80s

90s

60s

00s

I honestly think the 90s was a great decade for music. :dunno:

1. 70s

2. 60s

3. 90s

4. 80s

5. 00s

Copy cat

Beatles and the Stones and some Hendrix aren't good enough for you -- you hate musics

I struggled with where to slot the 60s. I could have gone as high as 3rd. That being said, the Beatles have been so overplayed that I'm sick of most of their songs, and I never was much of a Stones fan. Hendrix, sure. Simon and Garfunkel and many folk acts were awesome. I just remembered The Who, dayum they were awesome. Maybe I should reconsider... Fine, I'll move it to third. :cheers:

Going with my favorite bands/albums to rank...

1: 70's - Floyd

2: 90's - Radiohead and Tool

3: 60's (and prior) - Johnny Cash

4: 80's - Maiden

3: 2000's - Boards of Canada and Arcade Fire

1. 70's

2. 60's

3. 80's

4. 90's

5. 00's

:thumbsup:

The 70's was a giant musical explosion and I hate when I see these lists or cd's pimping the 80's with 70's songs on them from The Cars,The Ramones and the like. :mad:

We've had this argument a few times before. I will always argue 90s admittedly being biased, even though my teen years were in the 00s, which is when most people developed their musical palate but the music was so bad then that I had to go back a generation. 90s created hipsters because that is when the best music became off the mainstream. As you can see with the top 10 polls in the 90s, they usually are not comparable to the previous decades. However, you never see NIN, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Garth Brooks, Snoop/Dre, ect in the top 10 because they weren't mainstream pop. It actually really surprised me as I think of those bands are quintessential 90s but those top 10 polls show different, mostly R&B and meh pop/dance songs. Those dance/club songs are NOT good songs on their own but they were great songs in the bars/clubs back then and still today. BTW, if you really gave those R&B songs a chance, they are good for the most part.

The 90s is when music really expanded exponentially. Instead of just having pop and rock as the "headliners", you saw rap, R&B, grunge, a few different types of metal, electronic/progressive, and even country really expand and, imo, peak during this time. The top rock bands didn't compare to those in the 60s, 70s, and 80s but that is a really conservative frame of mind when if you just judge music by those.

90s

70s

80s

60s

00s

The 10s I think are going to be better than the 00s.