Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

What Do You Need Tonight To Advance To The Superbowl?

In my money league

After being behind 58 pts going into Sunday night game. My apponent had Fitzgerald and I had Floyd, Johnson, and Chatanzaro.

Going into tonight I need 5.5 points and all I have is Hightower. and I am Superbowl bound.

My opponent has nobody left.

• Like 1

After Palmer's game last night, I'm down 20. I have golden Tate left. My opponent has Hightower. It's ppr but I'm all but totally screwed.

Making matters more sad, both Stafford and Brees are on my bench. There's basically no way at least one of them doesn't dramatically outscore Palmer. I fought the temptation to put in Brees. Oops. Fantasy football.

Depending on what cooks does, blair walsh not to double or maybe even triple the record for most fgs in a game

In another league, ppr, calvin, hightower, and riddick not to score 84 points combined.

Need 12 points from Brees (in a 6-point TD league). I should be good, but as this is FF so I'm sure something will go wrong.

In another league, it's over already per David Johnson and Antonio brown putting up insurmountable standard league points. That guy's team was pretty much better than mine most of they year so I can't act like that was a 'squander'. The one above with the qbs is gonna hang over me if Drew Brees pulls a Drew Brees aka I 'did it to myself'...the worst way to lose in fantasy.

I went up against Big Ben and Antonio Brown too. That would have killed me if it wasnt for DJ

Need Hightower to score fewer than 23 points.

I need him to score 25+... I think you've got a better shot than I do.

In my other league I need Cooks to score less than 7.

funny how hightower is the wildcard for a lot of outcomes. Even with Brees ,Calvin, Cooks, Stafford and Tate. Hightower is the common player in a lot of our matchup outcomes.

I'm already in; was leading by 28 going into last night's game. Opponent had ARI D/ST, who scored 24, and made me almost sh!t my pants.

Not a damn thing.

3 for 3 in the finals this year.

Only confident about one of those and of course its my dominant team that does not have much on the line.

No stat corrections. Speaking of which, are stats from Thursday's game set in stone now or could they still be corrected by tomorrow?

Well I currently have my lowest score going for the entire year thanks to AP, Jeffery, Ivory etc. The good news my opponent did not have the greatest day either thanks to Allen, Lamar Miller, TY Hilton, etc. So I still have a shot in a full PPR. I trail 44-59. He has the Saints kicker and TE Benjamin. I have Hightower and Brees. The funny thing is in the other semi the 4 seed scored the highest score for the year 168 his opponent the 1 seed 123. Our commissioner reset the bracket after our first round play thinking it was more fair that the lowest surviving seed would play the number 1. I was the 3 seed and played the 2 seed instead of the 1 seed playing me as in the original bracket setup. I am sure the one seed is a little pi$$ed.

Keep hope alive, Joeshushu. You and several others here look to have a clear shot at the finals.

If I'm gonna continue to play season-long fantasy, I have to view all of my teams as finals or bust. I'm filled with general nerdy sadness since I'm on my way to going 0-2 in the semis this year after winning a big one last year. It will subside by Wednesday or so.

By the way, a commish changing the playoff brackets this late in the game is objectively a TERRIBLE thing to do unless the remaining folks got to vote on it. But maybe there's no psychos in your league to raise multiple stinks over it before the matchups started.

Semantics aside...

GOOD LUCK FOLKS! I'll aim to enjoy the rest of this fantasy season through you goofballs who stay alive into week 16 (and 17, you savages who play through week 17).

Until next week, get the Cahhh / When in doubt, Thursday's out / But don't get too cute / start your healthy studs / make sure you're not calling a dud a stud (Matt Ryan / Megatron / Melvin Gordon / AJ Green / TY Hilton / Edward Lacy) / make sure you have an acceptable kicker for a team that actually gets into scoring position / weather doesn't matter (until it does but you'll rarely be able to predict it unless you see it right before kickoff) / 'other clichés here' .

In a standard scoring league:

I'm up 93.00 to 90.26. He has Tim Hightower, I have Matt Stafford.

In a 0.5 PPR league, I need a miracle of Biblical proportions:

I'm down 86.20 to 125.28. He has Golden Tate, I have Stafford and Willie Snead.

Down 24. i have Stafford and Megatron. He has Cooks. I am really afraid of Calvin's injury situation. Part of me hopes he sits and i play Snead instead.

Oh, and i have Cam on the bench or it would already be all but over.

I hope none of us told you to not start Cam every week until there's some dramatic reason to not.

I'm also terrified that Calvin is playing hurt / as a decoy again. He's staring in the face of being a cap casualty next year and he has to show up / try to make himself useful.

AKA I'm scared for you Repo.

Bright side: Stafford has a good history of stacking stats vs the Saints. The Saints are now out of 'sneak into the playoffs even though you're not good' contention. Detroit may have a little more to play for methinks since that roster has already gotten multiple folks fired this year. You kinda just need one Calvin fade TD and Cooks not pulling a Djax (one catch makes his day even if nothing else hits). The Lions HAVE to get a pass rush going though...otherwise, Brees is going to slay it tonight. Rabbit feet! Four-leaf clovers! Other lucky stuff!

I'm in a money league that still has Superbowl week 17,that said I backed into the playoffs yesterday thanks to another owners loss but a win tonight would make me division winner a get me a $100 bonus.I'm down 12.7 he has Snead and I have Brees and Cooks,I feel pretty good but one concern is our league deducts -3 for INT's and lost fumbles.

Already won one.

In the second, I need 3 points from Prater/Hightower with standard scoring. Good to go.

In the third, I need 15 from Prater/Hightower, but it is a non-ppr with one point/20 yards & 6 point TD's. Gonna be tight.

I am down 6 and have Tate. Opponent has Hightower. I need Calvin to get a sports hernia on the way to the Dome.

Well I currently have my lowest score going for the entire year thanks to AP, Jeffery, Ivory etc. The good news my opponent did not have the greatest day either thanks to Allen, Lamar Miller, TY Hilton, etc. So I still have a shot in a full PPR. I trail 44-59. He has the Saints kicker and TE Benjamin. I have Hightower and Brees. The funny thing is in the other semi the 4 seed scored the highest score for the year 168 his opponent the 1 seed 123. Our commissioner reset the bracket after our first round play thinking it was more fair that the lowest surviving seed would play the number 1. I was the 3 seed and played the 2 seed instead of the 1 seed playing me as in the original bracket setup. I am sure the one seed is a little pi$$ed.

I couldn't see setting playoff brackets any other way. Top seed always plays the lowest seed.

I hope none of us told you to not start Cam every week until there's some dramatic reason to not.

I'm also terrified that Calvin is playing hurt / as a decoy again. He's staring in the face of being a cap casualty next year and he has to show up / try to make himself useful.

AKA I'm scared for you Repo.

Bright side: Stafford has a good history of stacking stats vs the Saints. The Saints are now out of 'sneak into the playoffs even though you're not good' contention. Detroit may have a little more to play for methinks since that roster has already gotten multiple folks fired this year. You kinda just need one Calvin fade TD and Cooks not pulling a Djax (one catch makes his day even if nothing else hits). The Lions HAVE to get a pass rush going though...otherwise, Brees is going to slay it tonight. Rabbit feet! Four-leaf clovers! Other lucky stuff!

Cam wasn't an automatic start for me this year. Playing Stafford (48 pts) in Week 12 saved my season. If I played Cam(19 pts) instead I lose the game, the division and the bye and I would have been eliminated last week. Still it will be a tough one to chew if I don't come out ahead tonight. Stafford has actually let me down the last 3 years in week 15 with 6,12, and 13 points though i still made it to the big dance 2 of those years, only to lose.. I figure mean regression is in my favor. LOL.

I just want the Lions to give Stafford time to throw, if they do the rest will take care of itsel

Need Brandin Cooks to score less than 69.6 to win in 12 Geeks.

Need Stafford to score 17.2 in 6 pt passing TD league.

Need my season record to be transposed in my $ league to make the playoffs.

In my money league I need less than 62.16 points from Ameer Abdullah. I think I'm safe. :thumbsup:

In my just for fun league I've already lost. :thumbsdown: