Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Post your team's overall MVP for season

MVP: Brandon Marshall (drafted as absolute bargain and was a set and forget stud)

1st Runner Up: Tyler Eifert (drafted as another absolute bargain, dominant as any TE when healthy)

2nd Runner Up: Russell Wilson (late season stud, got him off waivers game right before he broke out)

Gotta be Decker.

Late rounder that produced EVERY week.

In 1 league: Cam. I got him in like the 8th or 9th rd. Wasn't happy about it, but I guess it turned out ok!

Another league: Tough call, but I had Jordan Reed and Eifert. They were both awesome, and I started the right one most weeks. I'd say Reed, with a close runner up to Rivers who kept me afloat when Ben was out.

I only consider the league in which I won. The others are all dead to me. In that one league, it is easily Cam. Drafted as my #2 in a 2-QB league, he dominated all season long. The rest of my team was wiped out with injury. Cam was the only constant that didn't disappoint at times (finger's pointed at you Demaryius and Jarvis!).

Dynasty:

AD: One of 2 guys I've started every (eligible) week.

Fitzpatrick: Grabbed him in the preseason when Geno got KTFO. When Romo got hurt, he added some stability.

Lot of other guys who contributed, but nobody really outstanding.

Would have to be

1. Bortles, after being burned by Romo this year and the 1 bad week for Fitzpatrick vs Oakland, Bortles hasn't let me down.

2. Jordan Reed, surprisingly found him on the waiver wire last week and between him and Bortles, they've powered me to being in the drivers seat for the title :first:

From players I drafted:

Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry

Consistent all year

Best waiver pickup:

Gotta go David Johnson from last weeks performance put me in the chipper

My season MVP has to be Antonio Brown. I was bummed when I got the #6 seed knowing all the top RB's would be gone, but since it was PPR I went with Brown.

That being said, Doug Baldwin saved my season. I picked him up after his first week exploding but kept him on my bench. However, I started him the last two weeks and he pretty much helped power me to the 'ship. Honorable mention to Tim Hightower.

In 1 league: Cam. I got him in like the 8th or 9th rd. Wasn't happy about it, but I guess it turned out ok!

That was me in IBL. I was targeting somebody else, Ben maybe, but couldn't get him, so I settled for Cam. Right after I drafted him Benjamin went out for the year, and I was in panic mode... in the end he was the #1 scorer in the league going into this week. Honorable mention to David Johnson who during the playoffs propelled me from good to practically unbeatable; looking at a 23-0 multi-opponent playoff record pending one matchup.

Notice the lack of first or second round picks outside of Brown

We put way too much thought into those

League A: Decker (TD heavy scoring system, Decker was a stud as WR8 for a 12th round pick)

League B: Bortles. Fitzgerald was looking like the MVP before a weak finish over the final month. Bortles saved me from the bust Tannehill

League C: Keenan Allen for the first half (was WR3 when he went down) and Baldwin for the second half

Also could say DeAngelo....drafted Bell with my number one and someone in our league dropped him a week before he got hurt

Picked him up and thank goodness I did

Also Jonathan Stewart who I drafted by mistake when I meant to pick Lamar Miller

Glad that I messed up 😀

12 team redraft, 4 man bench:

Drew Brees - WW pickup after an owner got nervous when he hurt his shoulder. Eyed up sweet Week 15 and 16 matchups and Drew came through. Helped me overcome loss of Romo.

David Johnson, Darren McFadden - two more WW pickups helped me after a poor draft and loss of Le'Veon. Johnson literally saved my season in Week 15 semis.

Brandon Marshall, DeAndre Hopkins - dominating performances with a bargain draft day price. Too bad I won't get them as cheap next year.

ARob & Marshall team 1

ARob & Nuk team 2

Honorable mention goes to AB, Borttles, Julio, Fitz, & Bortles.

That was me in IBL. I was targeting somebody else, Ben maybe, but couldn't get him, so I settled for Cam. Right after I drafted him Benjamin went out for the year, and I was in panic mode... in the end he was the #1 scorer in the league going into this week. Honorable mention to David Johnson who during the playoffs propelled me from good to practically unbeatable; looking at a 23-0 multi-opponent playoff record pending one matchup.

Notice the lack of first or second round picks outside of Brown

We put way too much thought into those

I could easily have said AJ Green, who was a first rounder in IBL (WR-favorable format), but we tend to expect greatness out of our high draft picks. Also Julio and Gronk. Otherwise yeah, your point is interesting. But a lot of those busts were injuries which are hard to predict.

You could easily, easily make a dominant team out of Undrafted or $1 waiver guys if you could go back in time to draft day.

I took Julio #4 in a ppr. I still like that call. AP, Bell, and Antonio were gone when I picked. I didn't take the cheese on Lacy. That alone is pretty sweet.

I also got Martin in the 6th. That worked out too. Got Eifert super late as a backup to Kelce. And yeah...Landry was a catch/targets machine. Got him in the 4th.

Palmer was a free agent pickup. I got in on it because of the Brees shoulder injury.

MVP: Brandon Marshall (drafted as absolute bargain and was a set and forget stud)

1st Runner Up: Tyler Eifert (drafted as another absolute bargain, dominant as any TE when healthy)

2nd Runner Up: Russell Wilson (late season stud, got him off waivers game right before he broke out)

Brandon for me too. Best bargain Wr I've ever drafted. What a year he had.

Four candidates who haven't been mentioned so far who got at least two game balls from me during the season...

The Denver D. (twice in the early going, the difference between the DEN DEF and the MIA DEF I drafted (but quickly dumped) was greater than my margin of victory)

Arian Foster

Jeremy Maclin

Odell Beckham (a second round pick that worked)

I had so much turn over on my rosters thats its hard to say. I lose Bell on both championship rosters. I also lost Luck on one, and Eifert on another.

Dwill in my espn league combined with Julio probably.

Maclin combined with Djohns in the other? Im not doing this right am i?

Jordan reed, kept waiting for him to get injured down the stretch

Also shout out to Hopkins.

fu me for not keeping McFadden and getting on the Christine train.

My MVP was a waiver wire pickup 30 minutes prior to the first of three games: TIM HIGHTOWER

Carson Palmer, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, Frank Gore, Denver D, McMannus, Jarvis Landry, Danny Woodhead all drafted. C. West, A. Jeffrey, D. Walker picked off waivers.

My MVP was a waiver wire pickup 30 minutes prior to the first of three games: TIM HIGHTOWER

Right , Thank You Jesus .

14 team league in its 26th year.

Freeman (rd 7) first half of Year (lost Charles 1st pick)

Cam (rd 10) second half (lost Romo early)

Baldwin (free agent pick week 10) Playoff MVP

MVP: Julio Jones, drafted as a super stud to carry me to a championship - lived up to it and most importantly (and somewhat surprisingly) STAYED HEALTHY

First runner up: DeAndre Hopkins, wavered a bit late in the year but otherwise carried me with Julio

Second runner up: Cam Newton, the actual MVP won me a few games single handedly

Honorable mention: Eric Decker. Killed it for me in the flex all year long

I have to say Brady even though he laid an egg in my Superbowl. If it wasnt Brady it would be OBJ but he got his azz suspended for superbowl.

Rookie of year = David Johnson

Considering I only had Brady, Forte and Gurley left from the draft, rode waivers all year, I will have to say Brady gets my MVP..

Honorable mentions: Gurley, Forte, Hurns, Reed, J. Stew, Den D