Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Do you like the beach?

I live 12 miles away from it. I rarely ever go to the beach. Bunch of tourists there. When I used to go to the beach, the rare occasion that it was, I'd bring a book and that's about it.

Now I just stay inland. Less wind, less people, less worries.

i couldn't live without being near ocean....on water fishing every weekend in nj. but pretty much hate the beach here. grew up on it as kid too. i go nuts just sitting there now. sandy, sun frying you up. dumass people crowding you. luggin stupid umbrellas, chairs. kids love it though.

now sitting on a tropical beach on a real vacation i can deal with.

i couldn't live without being near ocean....on water fishing every weekend in nj. but pretty much hate the beach here. grew up on it as kid too. i go nuts just sitting there now. sandy, sun frying you up. dumass people crowding you. luggin stupid umbrellas, chairs. kids love it though.

now sitting on a tropical beach on a real vacation i can deal with.

:cheers:

I love going to the beach. Drinking beer all day and getting to look at the eye candy is what vacationing is all about.

I'm ~35 minutes from the beach, and I couldn't imagine living one minute further away. The annual family beach vacation starts tomorrow....4 weeks. I'll commute back and forth to work the first week, then 3 weeks of sun, sand, water, food, booze and general good times.

:pointstosky:

I love Acapulco where you can swim among the cess

I grew up in Daytona Beach but rarely went until I was in high school. Even in high school I really didn't want to go. I hate that sand gets everywhere and I would have to wash my truck every damn time I went! Still live near the beach in south Florida but rarely go to chill in the sand. I spend a lot more time at the pool now.

I don't even understand this, you are a strange bird.

I don't even understand this, you are a strange bird.

:cheers:

That bloom is some nasty $hit. Been headlining on the news for weeks. There was talk of a popular island being shut down in Palm Beach County during 4th of July weekend due to trace amounts of algae being found. It was clear the next day.

Yeah I watched a lot of east coast news before the trip and it was all they were talking about. They showed mats of dead algae and said the stink was overwhelming. The RV camp we stayed at was completely empty and the bait shop owner said we were only his 30th customer in 30 days.

So... we worried it would we might not catch anything. However, we didn't smell anything and the only algae we saw was a small mist of it on the top of the St. Lucie River - looked more like pollen. And we TORE UP the snook. I guess we must have went right as everything was clearing up.

I spent 3 days at the beach this week while at the Cape. I like Caribbean beaches as well.

We go to Good Harbor once a year at the end of summer.

I enjoy sitting on a beach, earning 20%

Hans had trouble earning that 20% falling from Nakatomi plaza. :)

At the beach right now. Catching a movie then some drinks at Broadway with friends

closest beaches are about 30-40 min west of us. we try to do a tropical trip every year. I can get a little bored sitting too long (i definitely enjoy chilling with music and cocktails/biers).... i like activities: scuba, snorkeling, surfing, boogie boarding, volleyball, jet skiing.

Yes...enjoyed the lake growing up (and the past 2 days).

But white sands and crystal blue water of the beach is awesome. Have had some of my best drinking days at the beach too...rarely woke up hungover and was ready to go again. (that was pre-kids though)

I'm on the Wisconsin side. The water is very cold. It seems the older I get the colder the water. Go Figure

Love the beach. I am usually at Daytona, NSB or Cocoa on the weekends.

Been to Cocoa, Jupiter, Clearwater, and a couple others. Clearwater was really nice and enjoyed it

Grew up near the beach. Mom and Aunt used to pile a bunch of the kids into the back of the station wagon and spend the day at Nantaskett Beach (about a 15 minute car ride). Also spent a lot of time on Cape Cod. Always loved the beach and I have a million family memories of days on the beach.

Baker beach is a nude beach, isn't it?

there is a section closer to the bridge that i would not recommend visiting.

"these are not the nekkid sunbathers you are looking for."

there is a section closer to the bridge that i would not recommend visiting.

"these are not the nekkid sunbathers you are looking for."

:lol:

I've wanted to go there for the views of the Golden Gate but have never been.

Been to Cocoa, Jupiter, Clearwater, and a couple others. Clearwater was really nice and enjoyed it

Clearwater is pretty nice, little to old for me at this point, but give it ten years that will be my go to spot.

I love going to the pier in Cocoa and going to the bar Coconuts, focking awesome. Anyone that visits Florida and doesn't do that on a weekend is missing out.

Ocean beach is cool. I'm only 30 mins from the coast but I rarely go. I prefer a good lake beach though. Floating around, not having the salt of the northeast waters all up in your face and maybe catching some shade under a tree line is preferred. Swimming or beaching in Florida or the Caribbean is just a completely different experience though. Myrtle Beach was nice too.

One city block from Lake Michigan.

15 minutes away, on the Michigan side.

I spent 3 days at the beach this week while at the Cape. I like Caribbean beaches as well.

We go to Good Harbor once a year at the end of summer.

:thumbsup:

Spent a week at a cape cod beach a few weeks ago, but the pool just got a bar which raised its profile a bunch. Less hassle going to the pool if its just for an hour or two. I like both.

Heading to Wildwood on Saturday and can't wait. Looks like low to mid 80s and mostly sunshine all week.