Sign in to follow this  
gpann101

Where is Josh Gordon & Le'Veon Bell getting drafted in your league?

Just curious to know how far Bell is going? Josh seems to be in the 6-8 round range.

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php

This says Leveon is averaging 10.5 overall in 12 team standard scoring with a standard deviation of 3.1, so there's a 68% chance he'll go between picks 7 and 13, and a 90% chance he'll go between 6 and 14. In my league he went 12th where we drafted before his suspension was reduced.

Gordon is averaging the 55th (5.07) overall pick with a standard deviation of 6.7 so there's a 90% chance he'll go somewhere between 47th overall (4.11) and 63rd overall (6.03). He went 97th (9.01) in my league, but we drafted way back on August 10th since that's the only time we could all get together, and Gordon was fresh off his troubles which probably lowered his value.

I wouldn't draft Gordon at his ADP. He's sitting on your bench for 4 weeks, and then coming home to a crappy offense. He's a head case who can't get out of his own way, and he wasn't all that good when he played last. I'd probably draft him in the late 6th at the earliest, and definitely not over Golden Tate who he's getting drafted over apparently.

Bell is still going middle first to early second round

Gordon as been going 6-8 round.

Bell went 12 in my first standard 11th in another and 6th in a ppr

Gordon went 4.11 5.8 standard and 4.8 ppr

Don't know if those numbers help

EDIT: I think Gordon went way too high in all 3 drafts. Great wr but missing 4 weeks of being on bench? Eh... I passed

Bell went with the 6th pick of round one, and Gordon went with the 7th pick of round seven in my .5ppr.

The reason for this post is this...people are skeptical of drafting Gordon early. My question is...why is Bell going so early? He has a lot of similarities to Gordon so why is his adp not lower than it is?

Bell would probably be top 3 if he wasn't suspended. :dunno:

Also last time Gordon played he averaged 4.8 catches for 50 yards and 0.0 touchdowns per game on about a 50% catch percentage.

He actually averaged 60 ypg, but your point stands.

Although I do think he will be in better football shape than he was last time he played...or at least closer to his '13 self.

And being reunited with his college QB at Baylor might give him some extra motivation this time around.

Only two drafts so far and I made three out of the four selections but...

L. Bell: #16(me)(ppr) & #13(non-ppr)

J. Gordon: 8th(me)(ppr) & 9th(me)(non-ppr)

Edit: Just want to add that my ppr league is a little weird and QB's get a lot points so we had a couple go before bell which might skew things a little.

To me, Gordon is the better option between the two. Both have the potential to be top 3 at their positions while they play, but Bell plays a more high-risk position and has a track record of missing games due to injury, where as Gordon played every game he was eligible for. Plus, Gordon is a value pick, Bell isn't. With the trend being WR heavy early in drafts, Bell falling from say 4 or 5 to 10 to 12, isn't that great of a value. Gordon being a top 5 pick falling to the 5th or 6 round is huge. I'll gladly take Gordon in the 5th long before I take Bell in the first.

To me, Gordon is the better option between the two. Both have the potential to be top 3 at their positions while they play, but Bell plays a more high-risk position and has a track record of missing games due to injury, where as Gordon played every game he was eligible for. Plus, Gordon is a value pick, Bell isn't. With the trend being WR heavy early in drafts, Bell falling from say 4 or 5 to 10 to 12, isn't that great of a value. Gordon being a top 5 pick falling to the 5th or 6 round is huge. I'll gladly take Gordon in the 5th long before I take Bell in the first.

I'd say the big difference is if Bell is on the field he is a top 3 back (or top 1). Even if Gordon is on the field, you are still not sure of what he will do on a bad Browns team and being so far removed from his dominance.

That said, I like both players this year. I'd consider Bell between picks 11-14 or so. Gordon in the 6th?

Bell went late 3rd in my league 10team, 2QB 1-keeper... I took Charles at 3.05 and was really debating hard between him and Bell. 3 extra games to play made the difference. I snagged gordon mid 9th as a WR4 stash

I'd say the big difference is if Bell is on the field he is a top 3 back (or top 1). Even if Gordon is on the field, you are still not sure of what he will do on a bad Browns team and being so far removed from his dominance.

That said, I like both players this year. I'd consider Bell between picks 11-14 or so. Gordon in the 6th?

You're right, I don't know that... but personally, I'm willing to risk the 5th round pick in believing he will.

Just curious to know how far Bell is going? Josh seems to be in the 6-8 round range.

I have seen Bell going around the 1.10 (give or take a pick) and Gordon is flat out flying up the board. I don't trust ADP sites as the rookie drafters screw up the ADP rankings. Gordon I have seen going anywhere from the late 3rd to the late 4th, but in my last couple of drafts, he has moved up a couple picks each time.

Just my opinion, and I'm wrong a LOT, but Gordon's ADP is going to be early third round in real drafts by this weekend. Everyone seems intent on having him on their roster. At that price, someone else can have him. I agree his ceiling is as high as possible, but also know he's one mistep away from never playing again... Big risk.

Had my first 10 team PPR draft last night and Bell went 3.3 (I was shocked he went past 2nd round but some of the people in this league grab QBs in rounds 1 and 2) and Gordon went 9.2 (3 picks ahead of where I was going to take him).

Fantasy Football is about studs and depth. There are lots of depth guys, you know guys that are good but will never sniff top 5. There's only a few studs. I'm going to try to get Gordon in my auction draft this Saturday. Then, I'll add depth players in the later rounds. If he doens't pan out, that's fine as I'll have other guys that I can insert into the lineup.

Coach Hue Jackson said he's the most talented football player he has ever laid eyes on. I don't think that was coach-speak or preseason hyperbole. I think it was an accurate assessment of what he thinks of Gordon.

• Like 1

Full PPR, 12 teams. I took Bell at 2.2 after the turn, and Gordon at 6.2 after the turn. Standard serpentine. 8 teams make the playoffs.

Not a fan of the expanded playoffs, since it hosed me last year with a loss in the first round as the 2nd place team, but I'll use the loose playoff setup to my advantage and hope for a late season surge.

I will take Bell at the end of rnd 1 gladly in any format. Gordon im not sure, possibly around 7th.

I've seen reports that the Browns might try to trade Gordon , so the coach calling him the most talented player he has ever said might just be coach talk.

I've seen reports that the Browns might try to trade Gordon , so the coach calling him the most talented player he has ever said might just be coach talk.

I thought it was odd that a guy who coached AJ Green would say Josh Gordon was the most talented player he has ever seen after seeing the guy play 1 half of football especially since he didn't even know if Gordon was the right fit for the team a month ago, and he's been dinged up with a quad injury for 2 weeks, so I went to see what the context was and I can't even find where Hue said it.

People around me view Bell as the best RB when he's playing. He's going in the 2nd round cuz there's always someone who loves him. Early 2nd. Charles is going late 2nd.

I'm in redraft leagues where roughly half the league makes the playoffs so hurting early isn't punting your season.

Gordon is going in the 8th once someone gets tired of looking at him. I took Marvin Jones over him in the 7th. I wasn't gonna do it until the 9th or 10th...the same way I treated Marty Bryant last year.

Just drafted last night and was pleasantly surprised to be able to get Gordon at 10.05 in a 10-team league (so 95th over all). I didn't mind taking him by that point with a good stable of WR's to carry me to the end of his suspension with Jeffery, K.Allen, D.Jackson, Hurns and Lockett.

Bell was kept in this league so spot is irrelevant.

I actually love both players this year and got bell in the second and drafted gordon in the eight.. we'll see if it pays off just got to win a couple early to stay in t he hunt

Bell was kinda shockingly not kept in my keeper league (I think the owner made a careless mistake, but it's not on me to doublecheck everyone's keepers with them). He was however snatched up in the expansion draft when we added two teams :)

Gordon went to me at 4.10, but that's with five keepers per team, so it was really 9.10. For comparison, I (who was WR-heavy from 2 WR keepers and two WRs in my first three non-keeper picks) passed on Funchess, Diggs, Wheaton, and Shepherd, who all went immediately after my Gordon pick. In rounds after that, we were seeing guys like Travis Benjamin, Corey Coleman, Vincent Jackson, Kevin White, and Sammie Coates go. Looking back, I think I grabbed him exactly when I needed to. Only 7 WRs went in the four rounds after I got Gordon, and none of them I'm particularly attracted to (except maybe Vincent Jackson, he's got that strong jaw :))

I took Gordon in the 7th. I had already filled out the main parts of my roster and he looked like a good enough risk.

in my home league i drafted both so ill give you a solid idea. keep in mind its not a league full of experts scouring the web for rankings and ADPs and there were lots of picks made based on simple preference and some based on homerism (thought nothing outlandish).

I had the turn and took Bell 13th overall. Originally planned to go WR-WR but the league was going heavy on RBs and it turned out I made the right call (handcuffed with D-Will in round 8)

I took Gordon in round 6. Took Crabtree in round 7 as my flex until Gordon comes back.

Its a start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex PPR league. Gordon will ultimately be my flex behind Allen Robinson and Randall Cobb. Bell will be my #1 RB alongside Langford, backed up by Blount and Spencer Ware with D-Will as insurance plus #1 WW priority for that first RB that emerges due to injury.

• Like 1

I'm drafting 8/10 in my main league and am targeting Bell in the 2nd and Gordon in the 7th.

I tend to win only when I have big playmakers. Safe and steady never really works out for me.

Gotta figure out where to nab DeAngelo.

Didn't get Bell.

Went for Zeke in the first, then A Robinson in the 2nd.

Got Gordon in the 8th. He's my # 4 behind Robinson, Jeffery and Hilton.