Sign in to follow this  
rholio

Big Day Tomorrow

Hey rholio, a suggestion if I may, and I've been thinking of this for myself should I get sick. Let your wife have your login info here so that if you pass on, she can come tell us. That way we can lie to her about what a great guy you were, and we all can have some closure.

Still losing weight, down 49 lbs now. No energy lately.

I wouldn't mind losing 49 pounds. No exercise or dieting, sleeping all day... hmmm... too bad it takes to get a terminal illness to get results like this.

Hey rholio, a suggestion if I may, and I've been thinking of this for myself should I get sick. Let your wife have your login info here so that if you pass on, she can come tell us. That way we can lie to her about what a great guy you were, and we all can have some closure.

Before you know it, Sux will be phone sexing her and she will be meeting CBF for sex reasons

Before you know it, Sux will be phone sexing her and she will be meeting CBF for sex reasons

Nothing worthwhile comes without some sacrifice. :dunno:

I just hope you are all as sympathetic and generous when Newbiejr tells us his shocking news that he has skin cancer from tanning 6 days a week for 30 years.

I just hope you are all as sympathetic and generous when Newbiejr tells us his shocking news that he has skin cancer from tanning 6 days a week for 30 years.

Can we have one fvcking thread that some obsessed asshat doesn't bring up Newbie ?

Especially this thread. Get over it. You are such a toolbag

• Like 1

Can we have one fvcking thread that some obsessed asshat doesn't bring up Newbie ?

Well

It was kinda funny

It was kinda funny

It really is old and played. Not funny. And not the place for it. (This thread)

• Like 1

All she'll need is to grab my tablet, logs on automatically.

Down 51 lbs now. Just signed on with Hospice, got new drugs. Haven't tried them yet, using up the others first. Methadone, morphine, etc. Not thrilled about trying morphine.

Down 51 lbs now. Just signed on with Hospice, got new drugs. Haven't tried them yet, using up the others first. Methadone, morphine, etc. Not thrilled about trying morphine.

Keep up the fight my friend.

• Like 1

You're in my thoughts daily. Fock, I don't know what to say other than that.

And don't get a big head, it's not like dirty thoughts. Just thought thoughts. Clean ones.

• Like 1

These kind of replies alone make them worth it though.

Keep up the fight my friend.

Ditto. Every time I see a post from you I smile knowing you are still with us.

• Like 1

:bandana:

stay strong bud.

sorry to hear. I was hoping iv chemo would be a good option but for many, chemo and it's side effects is worse. I wish you peace and comfort. In my thoughts and prayers. Xxx
  • Like 2

sorry to hear. I was hoping iv chemo would be a good option but for many, chemo and it's side effects is worse. I wish you peace and comfort. Xxx

Well said

sorry to hear. I was hoping iv chemo would be a good option but for many, chemo and it's side effects is worse. I wish you peace and comfort. Xxx

You are in my thoughts as well. Not so clean. Filthy actually.

Also Rholio, there is nothing wrong with sharing your emotions with people you trust that may be able to help you. Being strong for them is noble but part of hospices job is helping you mentally too. Letting it out may be liberating.

• Like 2

You are in my thoughts as well. Not so clean. Filthy actually.

awesome!
  • Like 1

This

Don't be afraid of the meds. Just start with a small dose and increase it as tolerated. But make sure you're taking something to keep your bowel movements regular, as constipation can compound any pain you're having.

Also, good move involving hospice. Quality, not quantity of life should be your emphasis. Hospice is great at managing pain/anxiety and helping you and your loved ones know what to expect as the disease progresses. I'm sure it's terrifying, but feel free to PM me if there are any medical concerns you don't feel are being adequately addressed.

• Like 1

Swear to God, I would trade with you if I could. Wishing you peace. I have no idea what else to wish for you.

Wordless.

• Like 1

Wishing you peace. I have no idea what else to wish for you.

Wordless.

This sums it up for me Rholio. :cheers: Until we meet again, brother.

• Like 1

Rholio - Have you gotten any second opinions? No idea where you went for your diagnosis, but we've seen a really wide range of options offered for my father in law. One doc said there wasn't much to do. One said chemo only. One said chemo and extremely risky surgery. Just hoping you explored your options.

Rholio - Have you gotten any second opinions? No idea where you went for your diagnosis, but we've seen a really wide range of options offered for my father in law. One doc said there wasn't much to do. One said chemo only. One said chemo and extremely risky surgery. Just hoping you explored your options.

Probably won't hurt to get a second opinion, but you also have to be aware that some oncologists give chemo to everyone. If he's considering it, he should go to an academic comprehensive cancer center - MD Anderson, for example.

Started the new meds. Still haven't touched the morphine, but it's been tempting. Current weight: 215. Went from CBF status at 267lbs to 215lbs in 2.5 months. My 'normal' weight for a couple of decades was around 225. Gained about 10lbs, then quit smoking 4yrs ago and gained another 30. Didn't come off until... recently.

what is your energy level like? mobility? are you able to keep food down?

Good Luck.

Other than being there is there anything you wish for your grandkids?

what is your energy level like? mobility? are you able to keep food down?

Low, low, and yes, mainly by not asking too much.

• Like 1