Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

***NFL Draft/ NFL Combine talk

we shall see, he didn't post great numbers but was solid in his combine numbers, but quite frankly to me, there wasn't a 1st round WR this year at all

Moore seems like a 40-50's guy where I had Ridley in 35-45 range, and Sutton 50-60

Moore's comparison is Garcon/Tate, which is nice, but thats his upside imo

I read he had 8 qbs in his college career, three last year. Probably affected his numbers some.

I read he had 8 qbs in his college career, three last year. Probably affected his numbers some.

ok, I have my stance on record

I just truly don't think any WR stood out this year as a WR1 type and maybe thats what I am looking at

I mean last year Ross, Williams, and Davis were all considered future no 1's with major upside, none of these top 3 in 2018 will be as good as any of them IMO

You never know, there is always a Keenan Allen type coming out of nowhere

ok, I have my stance on record

I just truly don't think any WR stood out this year as a WR1 type and maybe thats what I am looking at

I mean last year Ross, Williams, and Davis were all considered future no 1's with major upside, none of these top 3 in 2018 will be as good as any of them IMO

You never know, there is always a Keenan Allen type coming out of nowhere

Oh I dont disagree. There were no true surefire studs this year.

Of course, none of the three last year did a damn thing, so who knows.

You already know: Defense, Qbs, coaching and role players.

Not just last year, look back 10 years - star rbs and wrs don't play in or win SBs.. The rare ones that do (Marshawn) was a 12th overall pick. And even then the Hawks did it with Defense 1st... It's exactly why Dallas hasn't done shiit for 23 years - bcoz Jerry is enamored with bells, whistles and shiny things.

The final 4 teams in the Championship games had top 5 ranked defenses - and it's damn near that way every year... Rbs are a nickel a dozen, you can find them - franchise qbs are as rare as pearls.

You think that eagle defense was really good last year? Yes, RB's have taken a back seat the last decade or more in football, but there is a sea change afoot in the NFL. It's all cyclical, and I'm glad the G Men have one finally. Franchise QB's come from all over the board. Russell Wilson, Brady, Wentz. All drafted in the front, middle and back.

Detroit filled a serious need, and took the best center in the draft.

Would be nice if we could somehow grab the LSU RB in the 2nd.

• Like 1

Detroit filled a serious need

They drafted penicillin?

Browns have 1 and 4, somehow dont end up with any one of the best QB or offensive or defensive player on the board. :doh:

They got Mayfield, whom I think has a legit shot at being a better pro than Darnold

They got Mayfield, whom I think has a legit shot at being a better pro than Darnold

Yeah, they got the qb they wanted, and a supposed elite corner. Id have done it differently perhaps, but they did fine.

In hindsight, they might ahould have taken Two of either Barkley,

Chubb, and Ward, and traded both seconds to philly and taken Jackson. But you couldnt bank on that working out.

Any love interest in UCF's Shaquem Griffin? I'd be happy as hell to take a shot on him if he's still in the 5th or 6th.

I think he's a 3rd rounder.

we shall see, he didn't post great numbers but was solid in his combine numbers, but quite frankly to me, there wasn't a 1st round WR this year at all

Moore seems like a 40-50's guy where I had Ridley in 35-45 range, and Sutton 50-60

Moore's comparison is Garcon/Tate, which is nice, but thats his upside imo

WRs are such crapshoots. Randy Moss and Julio Jones are nobrainers, but guys like Steve Smith and Anquan Boldin are HOFers that should have been easy 1st rounders. DJ Moore played for some bad teams and everyone on the field knew he was the go to. He ran every pattern under the sun, caught balls underneath and over the top, his RAC was terrific. He will not be a bust, and I guess that's the best you can hope for.

I think Tampa and Green Bay won day 1.

Tampa got Vea and 2, 2nd rounders. Green Bay got the Corner they needed, and a 1st next year.

Detroit filled a serious need, and took the best center in the draft.

Would be nice if we could somehow grab the LSU RB in the 2nd.

Think they would have to move up...with Cleveland, TB and Indy with those picks at the topic

You think that eagle defense was really good last year?

Yes I do. I also believe Jax's and Minny's defenses were too.... Blake Bortles, Case Keenum and Nick Foles all played in the Championship round - you tell me.

Like I said, go back at the past 10 or so SB winning teams - name the one who got there bcoz of a RB, WR or TE taken in the top 3... Philly, Seattle, Pittsburgh, NY, Baltimore, Denver, helll even NE (although they had Brady) - all Defense dominant teams. GB and NO were outliers, but they had star Qbs in their prime - NY does not.

Nobody is saying Barkley won't dazzle and be great - he will. Picking 2nd you're going to get a great player... Just saying he was the least scary option of the lot... Bcoz Rbs are far more easy to find than franchise qbs... Nobody gives away future # 1s for Rbs - they do qbs.

Yes I do. I also believe Jax's and Minny's defenses were too.... Blake Bortles, Case Keenum and Nick Foles all played in the Championship round - you tell me.

Like I said, go back at the past 10 or so SB winning teams - name the one who got there bcoz of a RB, WR or TE taken in the top 3... Philly, Seattle, Pittsburgh, NY, Baltimore, Denver, helll even NE (although they had Brady) - all Defense dominant teams. GB and NO were outliers, but they had star Qbs in their prime - NY does not.

Nobody is saying Barkley won't dazzle and be great - he will. Picking 2nd you're going to get a great player... Just saying he was the least scary option of the lot... Bcoz Rbs are far more easy to find than franchise qbs... Nobody gives away future # 1s for Rbs - they do qbs.

It is possible that Barkley, along with the other moves theyve made, will propel the giants back into playoff contention for a year or two.

Hell, if Eli trips over the fountain of youth and catches fire along the way, they might even contend for one more ring, although I doubt it.

Then he retires, and theyre focked, sitting picking somewhere in the 20s, and desperately needing a qb. They can either trade the house for a crap shoot, or go through another year or more of sucking to get a good pick again.

By the time they have one up and ready to ball out, Barkley will be playing somewhere else on a second contract most likely.

Stupid stupid pick by the gmen. They just threw away their future.

Eagles and Cowboys were 2 of the best rushing teams in the league, Skins and Giants, 2 of the worst. Having a stud RB is probably worth 2-3 wins, especially for a bad team that needs to take pressure off the passing game. If you are in total rebuilding mode, you can't pass on Barkley. I will agree that I don't understand the Giants QB situation at all, Manning has always been a solid QB who needs a team around him. He's doing no good on this team and they aren't addressing it.

My Day 2 Wish List for Carolina

1. Willie Hernandez - Mean ass OG

2. Joshua Jackson - Tall lanky skilled CB

3. Harold Landry - Need other positions more but first round talent in late 2nd you can't pass up

4. Conner Williams - Big boy that will start at OG, a position of need.

5. Isaiah Oliver - Best CB behind Jackson

6. Justin Reid, Ronnie Harrison or Jesse Bates III - Panthers need immediate safety help and these are the best on the board.

7. Nick Chubb - Man he'd be a tremendous Thunder to RUNCMC's Lightening

**There are going to be a ton of WR's taken in this round**

Also, where does Mason Rudolph go? Me thinks Patriots.

• Like 1

By the time they have one up and ready to ball out, Barkley will be playing somewhere else on a second contract most likely.

Nah, RBs rarely move. The market for them isn't great because it's a passing league and teams don't want to pay big for an injury prone position. Case in point Le'veon Bell. Cheaper to franchise if you can't sign.

Eagles and Cowboys were 2 of the best rushing teams in the league, Skins and Giants, 2 of the worst. Having a stud RB is probably worth 2-3 wins, especially for a bad team that needs to take pressure off the passing game. If you are in total rebuilding mode, you can't pass on Barkley. I will agree that I don't understand the Giants QB situation at all, Manning has always been a solid QB who needs a team around him. He's doing no good on this team and they aren't addressing it.

You don’t think adding a stud RB helps the QB?

Another team that made a dumb pick... the colts. Top ten pick on a guard.

And all the experts fap... you have to protect Andrew luck.

Andrew luck hasnt thrown a damn football in over a year, and still cant. So they drafted a guard to protect brisett.

Nah, RBs rarely move. The market for them isn't great because it's a passing league and teams don't want to pay big for an injury prone position. Case in point Le'veon Bell. Cheaper to franchise if you can't sign.

I can think of seven or so that moved this year alone.

Barkley makes the Giants better in the short term for sure. The question is whether he was the right pick in the long term.

The way I see it, barring a miracle the Giants arent going to compete for a SB in the 2-3 seasons thats Eli has left anyway. They could have drafted Darnold / Guice and improved the running game while also having the luxury of grooming a franchise QB from the bench. Now theyll be paying a boatload of picks to move up and draft a guy who will need to be a Day 1 starter in a few seasons.

I dont think it was the right pick but hey, maybe Barkley really is Marshall Faulk and proves me wrong.

Andrew luck hasnt thrown a damn football in over a year, and still cant. So they drafted a guard to protect brisett.

Agreed, I'm sure they had offers for that pick, could have traded down and still taken Nelson between 10-16...and if you want to protect Luck, scheme to get the ball out quicker.

Packers got Alexander, probably the 2nd best DB in the draft in addition they got Saints #1 next year and 5th this year. So value wise, great...I was hoping for Derwin James, but I think they did pretty well. Worried about Alexander's size a bit---hope Petine can scheme so he never has to take on a RB.

Two reaches. Michel is a reach. My guess is that no one will trade with them to drop down and they are going down their big board. I figured a CB at 31 (Jackson), but BB probably talked to his college coach (Ferentz) to get the skinny.

I looked at Mayock's big board and apparently these guys weren't as big of reaches as I thought. Wynn was #24 on his board (went 23) and Michel was #32 on his board (went 31). I think that the Pats wanted other players at those spots (Evans at 23, Hughes at 31).

I looked at Mayock's big board and apparently these guys weren't as big of reaches as I thought. Wynn was #24 on his board (went 23) and Michel was #32 on his board (went 31). I think that the Pats wanted other players at those spots (Evans at 23, Hughes at 31).

Some idiots on the Titans forum are b!tching that we gave up a 4th for a 6th to get ahead of the pats.

Morons. Evans was the last real stud player at a position we needed pretty badly. Clearly the gm knew the pats wanted him.

Meanwhile, somewhere in America, posty is watching a rerun of Diners Drive Ins and Dives.

:lol:

Nope, didn't watch TV at all last night...

:lol:

Nope, didn't watch TV at all last night...

How about yesterday afternoon?

If you are in total rebuilding mode, you can't pass on Barkley.

If you're in total rebuild mode RB is the last thing you take. Rebuild mold is a long term picture, RBs are short term impacts. If you're in total rebuild mode you start with QB, LT and DE... Clearly the Giants are in win now mode and are going for it. Can't blame them for that.. I'm just glad they are for the long term picture.. They've won 2 SBs with a franchise qb they got with a top 4 pick, 15 years ago - might be a while before that happens again without giving away a King's ransom.

Working...

Too bad. You missed a great Yankees comeback. 3 run homer, bottom 9. Yanks won, 4-3 for

The sweep and wrapped up an 8-2 home stand.

Too bad. You missed a great Yankees comeback. 3 run homer, bottom 9. Yanks won, 4-3 for

The sweep and wrapped up an 8-2 home stand.

Who else gives a sh*t other than you?

I can think of seven or so that moved this year alone.

Great ones, after their rookie contract was up? Who?

If you're in total rebuild mode RB is the last thing you take. Rebuild mold is a long term picture, RBs are short term impacts. If you're in total rebuild mode you start with QB, LT and DE... Clearly the Giants are in win now mode and are going for it. Can't blame them for that.. I'm just glad they are for the long term picture.. They've won 2 SBs with a franchise qb they got with a top 4 pick, 15 years ago - might be a while before that happens again without giving away a King's ransom.

It's a balancing act between win now and rebuild. Barkley types, who can run and receive, do not come out very year. I think he was a no brainer. They just found 1500 yards of offense.

Man, NFL.com sucks nowadays!!! :mad:

Anybody got a good site to follow the Draft?

Packers got Alexander, probably the 2nd best DB in the draft in addition they got Saints #1 next year and 5th this year. So value wise, great...I was hoping for Derwin James, but I think they did pretty well. Worried about Alexander's size a bit---hope Petine can scheme so he never has to take on a RB.

I didn't want James although wouldn't have been too upset. We needed a true cover corner. They haven't covered anyone in years. The Packer prerequisite for corner has been 6 foot. That has hurt them over the years as you move more talented smaller corners down your board. In what looks like a 7 on 7 drill touch football league, I would rather have skilled corners and wide receivers and forgive the height. When you have to cover guys like Brown, Odell, or quick slot WRs making sudden moves....you need quick, skillful, cover corners.

I just don't think we need another safety that early. I am open to drafting one but a fairly deep draft for them. With HaHa and Josh Jones they have 2 guys who can play. Jones has a lot of potential.

I think they did really well. I think they would have taken him at 14. They saw an opening to move back, win out on picks gained, and still take him. I was sort of wanting Edmunds there. But I am not certain on Pettine's scheme. Obviously he knows what he is looking for. I like the pick and the 1st next year.

Wouldn't mind trading some 4ths or 5ths to get a 3rd round. Or to move up atop of the 2nd and get an impact player. I don't want to sit around with these 2 4ths, 4 5ths and just pick a bunch of players like they always do. Go for impact over depth for once. They don't have a ton of glaring holes.

Order of needs

1. Edge rusher

2. WR

3. a guy who could play guard or tackle for grooming to fill a right side spot next year.

• Like 1

Disagree here to an extent...they have huge needs on the OL and he is a stud.

agree here

you can't go too wrong with taking a prospect like Barkley. But I see no value in that unless they didn't have a legit trade partner.

I'm assuming they didn't like Darnold much at all. I mean you have to assume that.

Who else gives a sh*t other than you?

I do. Rooting for them to lose that is :wave:

If you're in total rebuild mode RB is the last thing you take. Rebuild mold is a long term picture, RBs are short term impacts.

And, best case scenario, you get a stud RB. Who you either have to resign to a giant contract, or face a mutiny from your fanbase.