Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Speaker of the house Paul Ryan won’t seek re-election

Washington (CNN)House Speaker Paul Ryan has told confidantes he is not seeking re-election and will soon announce his decision, two sources with direct knowledge of the matter told CNN Wednesday.

He is expected to address his decision in a closed-door GOP conference meeting Wednesday morning, the sources said.

Ryan, a Wisconsin Republican, has been in Congress since 1999 and became House speaker in 2015.

Some of Ryan's close friends previously told CNN that he might leave office after the 2018 midterms. Ryan said in a January interview with CBS News that re-election was a decision he and his wife were planning to make together in late spring, and in March he denied a rumor that he wouldn't seek re-election.

:shocking:

I think its rats leaping off a sinking ship. Wont want to be connected to or seen as protecting or enabling this administration in the end.

Time will tell though.

• Like 1

Probably tired of seeing all those videos where he hypocritically screams about something done during the Obama presidency that he ignores or defends now.

Probably tired of seeing all those videos where he hypocritically screams about something done during the Obama presidency that he ignores or defends now.

:thumbsup:

Fiscal responsibility only matters to Repubs when a Dem is in office.

Never pictured him as a lifer, seems like a smart dude who could excel in the private sector.

Of course, maybe that is all garbage and he wants to run for President down the road.

Good for him either way, I believe he went to Washington with good intentions. It's probably hard to understand how much of a sh!t show DC is until you've been there a few years.

His chance to run for President has come and gone.

What could he run on? He cant run as a fiscal conservative with a track record of high spending and increasing debt.

Never pictured him as a lifer, seems like a smart dude who could excel in the private sector.

Of course, maybe that is all garbage and he wants to run for President down the road.

Good for him either way, I believe he went to Washington with good intentions. It's probably hard to understand how much of a sh!t show DC is until you've been there a few years.

This all day

Another deep state agent getting out before his crimes come to light.

• Like 1

I think its rats leaping off a sinking ship. Wont want to be connected to or seen as protecting or enabling this administration in the end.

Time will tell though.

You are a good liberal. Dumb.

His chance to run for President has come and gone.

What could he run on? He cant run as a fiscal conservative with a track record of high spending and increasing debt.

True. Hes got nothing

Good on him. If I was him I'd retire and never work another day in my life. Maybe write a book or 12 while living in my monster luxury cabin off of a ski slope. No way I'd stay in politics for my whole life.

True. Hes got nothing

No one currently in the house or senate has anything to run on and haven't for years.

Get rid of all 4 of them. Pelosi, Schumer, that old short guy, et al.

He's the only one I can see that can unify the House GOP (assuming you can call them unified). He's likely sick of the ideological contortions. Regardless, I won't miss him. He talks a good game about fiscal discipline but it's always the first thing he tosses aside before budget meetings even start. Go. :wave:

Can't blame him. Why would anyone want to be a politician now a days?

Nowadays. One word. HTH.
  • Like 1

Nowadays. One word. HTH.

Thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes:

Good! Another globalist cuck out of office.

• Like 1

Think about 5-10 years from now. Anyone who gets past DACA, BLM and #metoo, probably has zero life experience.

This

So the word is he was afraid he was going to lose. Republicans are going to get their asses handed to them anywhere that isnt deep red

So the word is he was afraid he was going to lose. Republicans are going to get their asses handed to them anywhere that isnt deep red

Yup, just like in 2016.

Yup, just like in 2016.

Obviously the prognosticators were wrong then and could be again.

But when the freaking speaker of the house is looking at the writing on the wall and saying Im out? Spells trouble Id say

Madame President disagrees.

Not a lifer??? It's the only thing he's done since he graduated college, straight to work in politics. I'd be shocked if his next job isn't related to politics...lobbyist or working directly for the party.
  • Like 1

Any chance he intends to challenge trump for the nomination in 2020?

Only other reason I can think of is a major health crisis or a MAJOR scandal.

:lol: Nobody is challenging Trump in 2020. If by health crisis you mean severe cuckitis or by major scandal you mean pedophilia or sexual harassment/assault then sure.

Time will tell though.

:lol: Even more deranged than titans.

Never thought I would agree with a Honcho post, but spot on.

Another deep state agent getting out before his crimes come to light.

Yep.

Good on him. If I was him I'd retire and never work another day in my life. Maybe write a book or 12 while living in my monster luxury cabin off of a ski slope. No way I'd stay in politics for my whole life.

That is not how any of this works. When is the last time a politician did that? Never. They merely pull a Mueller and take high paying corporate attorney jobs or prostitute themselves out to lobbyists and foreign governments a la Romney and Clinton.

A lot of politicians won't be seeking reelection. Same reason a bunch of CEOs have been stepping down the last several months.

There is video of them with live hookers or dead little boys.

Turnover is inevitable. But the amount of turnover by a single party especially at this tenur? This actually is remarkable. Generally, the first couple years of the incumbent party are Banner years for them. These guys have the house, the Senate and POTUS. They should be walking in the Tall Cotton and instead they can't wait to get the fuuck out of Dodge.

Despite what they say publicly, the truth is the truth. They know that Trump is incompetent. I mean for Christ's sake, he can't even read! They know he is mentally unstable. And they see it all unwinding on a daily basis.

And the scariest part? This is just the shyt that you and I know and hear about. Can you imagine what's getting whispered in the halls of Congress?

Think about it, it's not that long ago. Name me one candidate for anything in Washington who's Banner phrase was I supported Nixon!

These guys will take a much-needed break. they'llheyll refill their piggy banks with private-sector jobs and speaking fees. And then, when the shiitstorm rolls out of town they'll still be Young Rich and rested.

That is not how any of this works. When is the last time a politician did that? Never. They merely pull a Mueller and take high paying corporate attorney jobs or prostitute themselves out to lobbyists and foreign governments a la Romney and Clinton.

That's why I'd make a sh1tty politician. Well, that and moral integrity.

The British have an expression. They call it the knock-on effect.

It's what you and I would call the domino effect.

It's what others would call rats fleeing a sinking ship. But it's not quite that dramatic.

Point is, there's already a hell of a lot of people getting out of Dodge. But somebody this far up in leadership? He sure as hell won't be the last. Especially if things unwind and as the midterm polls start taking more and more shape.

The Dems will take credit for their me-too movement and all this other bullshyt. But the key driver here is one Donald J Trump.

For good or bad.

You fellas on the left definitely have this whole thing figured out, nobody else should even comment on it.

Thanks for enlightening us.

A Democrat retires or doesn't seek re-election, it is okay, they don't want to be a lifer...

A Republican retires or doesn't seek re-election, it is because it is a sinking ship and they want to distance themselves from the President...

Same old, same old...

It's what you and I would call the domino effect.

Is that when you say you are changing the dough and your ingredients, but in the end your pizza still taste like azz

A Democrat retires or doesn't seek re-election, it is okay, they don't want to be a lifer...

A Republican retires or doesn't seek re-election, it is because it is a sinking ship and they want to distance themselves from the President...

Same old, same old...

No kidding right...there are some many threads with exactly that premise here. :rolleyes:

A

Republican retires or doesn't seek re-election

The key is A.

Not 38 of them.

Especially committee chairs.