Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Kavanaugh sexual misconduct in High School

JFC...more "guilty by allegation". Kav is guilty cuz someone said so, right?

Fox News

☰

TECHPublished October 04, 2018

Facebook executive's Kavanaugh support triggers backlash for Zuckerberg

Hundreds of Facebook employees have criticized a top executive after he attended Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's hearing last week in a show of support for the federal judge, The Wall Street Journal reported late Thursday.

Joel Kaplan, Facebook's vice president of global public policy, is a longtime friend of Kavanaugh, whose nomination has been threatened by sexual misconduct allegations dating from his time in high school and college in the early 1980s. Kaplan attended the dramatic Sept. 27 Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in which lawmakers heard testimony from Kavanaugh and one of his accusers, Christine Blasey Ford.

The Journal reported that Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg was asked about Kaplan's attendance at a weekly Q-and-A session with employees last Friday. Zuckerberg said that he wouldn't have made the same decision as Kaplan, but that the executive had not violated any company policies.

Joel Kaplan, third from left, listens to Brett Kavanaugh testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Sept. 27.

Joel Kaplan, third from left, listens to Brett Kavanaugh testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Sept. 27. (REUTERS/Jim Bourg)

However, Zuckerberg's response has failed to quell the furor, with employees taking to an internal discussion thread to criticized Kaplan's decision. That same Friday, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg said in an internal discussion board post that she had talked to the exec "about why I think it was a mistake for him to attend, given his role in the company."

"We support peoples right to do what they want in their personal time but this was by no means a straightforward case," Sandberg added.

The Journal reported that Zuckerberg and other executives are planning a company town hall on Friday to address the matter, with Kaplan calling into the forum from Washington, D.C.

Kaplan, who, like Kavanaugh, is a former official in the George W. Bush administration, apologized in an internal forum for what The Journal described as "surprising employees by his appearance," and said he did not expect his decision to be controversial.

"Sexual assault is an issue society has turned a blind eye to for far too long compounding every victims pain," Facebook spokeswoman Roberta Thomson told the paper. "Our leadership team recognizes that theyve made mistakes handling the events of the last week and were grateful for all the feedback from our employees."

url="https://www.foxnews.com/tech/facebook-executives-kavanaugh-support-triggers-backlash-for-zuckerberg.amp?__twitter_impression=true"]https://www.foxnews.com/tech/facebook-executives-kavanaugh-support-triggers-backlash-for-zuckerberg.amp?__twitter_impression=true[/url]

I hope we don't do like we always do. Like we did with Duke LaCrosse for example. If this and the Democrats brought the stuff up? If there were multiple people who stepped forward for their 15 minutes of fame or whatever? I wouldn't let the FBI stop chasing this down. If she's lying? Let's get that out of her and shame her too pieces. Because Kav life is never going to be the same whether he makes it to scotus or not.

Because black people hate when others infringe on their perpetual victim turf.

Yes...but more complex than that, IMHO. I think anytime they see some ideological concept gaining traction they find ways to correlate it to their own ideological efforts to get some juice from it.

JFC...more "guilty by allegation". Kav is guilty cuz someone said so, right?

Fox News

☰

TECHPublished October 04, 2018

Facebook executive's Kavanaugh support triggers backlash for Zuckerberg

Hundreds of Facebook employees have criticized a top executive after he attended Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's hearing last week in a show of support for the federal judge, The Wall Street Journal reported late Thursday.

Joel Kaplan, Facebook's vice president of global public policy, is a longtime friend of Kavanaugh, whose nomination has been threatened by sexual misconduct allegations dating from his time in high school and college in the early 1980s. Kaplan attended the dramatic Sept. 27 Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in which lawmakers heard testimony from Kavanaugh and one of his accusers, Christine Blasey Ford.

The Journal reported that Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg was asked about Kaplan's attendance at a weekly Q-and-A session with employees last Friday. Zuckerberg said that he wouldn't have made the same decision as Kaplan, but that the executive had not violated any company policies.

Joel Kaplan, third from left, listens to Brett Kavanaugh testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Sept. 27.

Joel Kaplan, third from left, listens to Brett Kavanaugh testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Sept. 27. (REUTERS/Jim Bourg)

However, Zuckerberg's response has failed to quell the furor, with employees taking to an internal discussion thread to criticized Kaplan's decision. That same Friday, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg said in an internal discussion board post that she had talked to the exec "about why I think it was a mistake for him to attend, given his role in the company."

"We support peoples right to do what they want in their personal time but this was by no means a straightforward case," Sandberg added.

The Journal reported that Zuckerberg and other executives are planning a company town hall on Friday to address the matter, with Kaplan calling into the forum from Washington, D.C.

Kaplan, who, like Kavanaugh, is a former official in the George W. Bush administration, apologized in an internal forum for what The Journal described as "surprising employees by his appearance," and said he did not expect his decision to be controversial.

"Sexual assault is an issue society has turned a blind eye to for far too long compounding every victims pain," Facebook spokeswoman Roberta Thomson told the paper. "Our leadership team recognizes that theyve made mistakes handling the events of the last week and were grateful for all the feedback from our employees."

url="https://www.foxnews.com/tech/facebook-executives-kavanaugh-support-triggers-backlash-for-zuckerberg.amp?__twitter_impression=true"]https://www.foxnews.com/tech/facebook-executives-kavanaugh-support-triggers-backlash-for-zuckerberg.amp?__twitter_impression=true[/url]

unfocking real. cry when a guy supports a friend that was accused with no proof at all....but if he attended a gay parade where people wear leather thongs and chains and do all kinds of sick sh;t..they would applaud him. BIZARRO WORLD

• Like 1

Saw this in there..."Amy should consider her next protest being a hunger strike "

:overhead:

Stellar.

I feel like the confidence level for the upcoming vote at 1030 is too high for conservatives. In light of recent twists and turns, Im expecting another whopper to drop this morning.

I feel like the confidence level for the upcoming vote at 1030 is too high for conservatives. In light of recent twists and turns, Im expecting another whopper to drop this morning.

Agree. I have been flipping back and forth between CNN and Fox on Sirius....its a fascinating distinction between the two propaganda arms of each party, very entertaining...

I have a feeling he gets 56. Several Democrats are looking at losing next month if they vote against him.

So Ford's friend McClean (former FBI Lawyer) pressured witness to change her testimony.

I also heard a blurb that WSJ is reporting about Schumer coordinating efforts with all 3 accusers.

Another RICO investigation possibility for Dems?

• Like 1

then scumbag petty hearsay wins and america loses. :(

So Ford's friend McClean (former FBI Lawyer) pressured witness to change her testimony.

I also heard a blurb that WSJ is reporting about Schumer coordinating efforts with all 3 accusers.

Another RICO investigation possibility for Dems?

How does Amy Schumer coordinate stuff from jail?

I have a feeling he gets 56. Several Democrats are looking at losing next month if they vote against him.

His upper limit is 52. At most they peel one Dem (Manchin).

https://t.co/YBCvtPX1zV?amp=1

Much bigger coord. effort than first thought.

I don't know what to believe in the media anymore. But if any of that is true........and my gut feeling is that some of it probably is.......that is even lower than I ever thought.

I'll wait and see.....problem is that CNN - NBC - WaPo - NYT-etc won't ever even look into it.

So he "passed" today's vote. Then they vote again tomorrow?

Maybe. One GOP guy's daughter is getting married, they may or may not delay to accommodate him.

I am confused about why the Dem's are pretending that the FBI questioning of Ford and Kavanaugh would be better than their own. Did they forget to ask some questions?

I am confused about why the Dem's are pretending that the FBI questioning of Ford and Kavanaugh would be better than their own. Did they forget to ask some questions?

Because they have whine and cry about something.

They need to interview every human on planet Earth about Judge Kavenaugh and there are entire tribes in remote areas of the Amazon Jungle they haven't gotten to yet.

This is silly. You don't think the FBI is better at investigations than a group of senators?

Absolutely sickening and the MSM will not look into this. The Dems are complete bottom feeders and it will only get worse.

How people keep voting for these guys astounds me.

I hope Kavanaugh gets voted in, and then something happens to another SCOTUS; retirement, illness (not death) and another spot opens for one more Conservative.

• Like 1

I hope Kavanaugh gets voted in, and then something happens to another SCOTUS; retirement, illness (not death) and another spot opens for one more Conservative.

No way Ginsberg is hanging on 6 more years. It's going to happen. And the meltdown is going to be x2 that of what Kavanaughs is now. I feel terrible for the man/woman that gets nominated.

How people keep voting for these guys astounds me.

It would be interesting to see how much lower they can go next time. Maybe poorly done photoshop images of Nominee X drowning puppies? After raping them first of course.

This is silly. You don't think the FBI is better at investigations than a group of senators?

There's also the part where he couldn't just repeat "I like beer!" for five minutes any time he didn't like question from the FBI.

• Like 1

I think they likely are. But in this instance, I perceive that the Senators think THEY are better, in the way they are assailing the FBI that just days before they celebrated. So, given that the judicial committee actually has more investigate powers, if not skill, I question why they did not exercise those powers, and suddenly feel their abilities justify impugning an entity that just days before they heralded as the best.

It reeks of political gamesmanship, JMHO

No way Ginsberg is hanging on 6 more years. It's going to happen. And the meltdown is going to be x2 that of what Kavanaughs is now. I feel terrible for the man/woman that gets nominated.

It would be incredbily entertaining to see what they come up with.

• Like 1

There's also the part where he couldn't just repeat "I like beer!" for five minutes any time he didn't like question from the FBI.

Yeah, that's what happened.

They'll have the false allegation character assassins all lined up and better coordinated so their testimony backs up each other and they don't look so sketchy next time.

• Like 1

Maybe. One GOP guy's daughter is getting married, they may or may not delay to accommodate him.

Supposedly he has a plane on standby in case he needs to fly from the wedding to Wash. D.C. to vote.

Supposedly he has a plane on standby in case he needs to fly from the wedding to Wash. D.C. to vote.

Whew! Good thing he isn't terrified of flying!

• Like 2

That might happen but will obviously be after R's lose some seats (votes). That will prolly be the time he nominates Amy Coney.

They'll have the false allegation character assassins all lined up and better coordinated so their testimony backs up each other and they don't look so sketchy next time.

nominees will have to be like supreme blue chips. raised in a bubble from very early age...no contact with people, internet, etc. basically a judge robot.

• Like 1

nominees will have to be like supreme blue chips. raised in a bubble from very early age...no contact with people, internet, etc. basically a judge robot.

Unless....Repubs nominate someone the Dems absolutely love, then we might see some decency....but if the Dems do not get their way.... :ninja: