IGotWorms

Is it time to get out of the market?

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I do that is why I don't jump in and out of the market.  Steady systematic purchases of low fee index or similar funds over a long period of time my friend.

That’s a solid way to create wealth.  

Solid selloff. We are 1/2% away from being back at 1/26/2018 levels. 20 months of zero gains. Now we need a serious beat down to flush the losers out completely before we rocket to S&P 4100. Russell 2k now at 9/25/2017 levels. If you are in that you've made zero for 2 years.

Just an FYI, it won't matter who is POTUS, we will be at S&P 4100 within the next 3 years.

Time for Cramu.

1 hour ago, LOD01 said:

Solid selloff. We are 1/2% away from being back at 1/26/2018 levels. 20 months of zero gains. Now we need a serious beat down to flush the losers out completely before we rocket to S&P 4100. Russell 2k now at 9/25/2017 levels. If you are in that you've made zero for 2 years.

Just an FYI, it won't matter who is POTUS, we will be at S&P 4100 within the next 3 years.

Time for Cramu.

20 months of zero gains?  Any dividends paid in that 20 months?

On 7/29/2019 at 2:42 PM, lod001 said:

Bush focked everything up when he was in office. The markets lost $ over his 8 years. The retard couldn't see a housing bubble that was the most obvious bubble in the history of bubbles. Worst performance by any president since Nixon. Dude was a worthless pile of sh1t. The only good thing was that it was obvious that it was one of the investments opps of a lifetime if you started pouring $ into the markets in 2009.

It You have a very short memory. The Democrats won the house and senate in 2006. Republicans continually brought up the housing bubble but Barney Frank and the Democrats declared there was no bubble and nothing was done. This was done intentionally by the Democrats to help them politically in 2008. The MSM and the Democrats blamed the Republicans and the public bought it.

If you would like to refresh your memory, Google “Barney Frank housing bubble” and listen to him lie to the American people.

12 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

It You have a very short memory. The Democrats won the house and senate in 2006. Republicans continually brought up the housing bubble but Barney Frank and the Democrats declared there was no bubble and nothing was done. This was done intentionally by the Democrats to help them politically in 2008. The MSM and the Democrats blamed the Republicans and the public bought it.

If you would like to refresh your memory, Google “Barney Frank housing bubble” and listen to him lie to the American people.

To be fair now, Bush did brag about more Americans owning homes than ever before. He called it the "ownership society". You can google that too. It was truly a bi-partisan effort, the one time those a-holes agreed on anything, besides the Iraq war. 

Cash for clunkers was a good program.  Broken clock theory. 

Did the recession happen yet?

21 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Did the recession happen yet?

My son told me he loves recess. 

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

My son told me he loves recess. 

That's because he's in a short position.

I just want the housing market to crash already. I am ready to buy another property

On 10/21/2019 at 1:00 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cash for clunkers was a good program.  Broken clock theory. 

Is my sarcasm meter broken? I hope so 

47 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Is my sarcasm meter broken? I hope so 

Not sarcasm. It worked. 

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not sarcasm. It worked. 

How so?

Just now, NorthernVike said:

How so?

Got crappy gas guzzlers that broke down all the time off the road. Replaced them with fuel efficient, safer, modern cars. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not sarcasm. It worked. 

It ruined the used car market and is THE reason for the car loan bubble that's coming. Not seeing how it worked. 

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Got crappy gas guzzlers that broke down all the time off the road. Replaced them with fuel efficient, safer, modern cars. 

Sucking Obama's d!ck with that comment. It was a disaster like every other thing he did. 

7 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

It ruined the used car market and is THE reason for the car loan bubble that's coming. Not seeing how it worked. 

It did? For a short time maybe, but not long term. And I've been hearing about that bubble for years. Let me know when it pops. 

6 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Sucking Obama's d!ck with that comment. It was a disaster like every other thing he did. 

Everything I said happened. All are good. 

• Haha 1

Hope and Change folks.  All bark. No bite. 

I moved into a bunch of small and mid cap index funds. Im buying the opinion that large cap index's funds are over valued and that mid and especially small index funds have a lot of growth potential.

Up bigly

I have 80k in an old 401k from a couple companies ago.

I am thinking cash out, pay the penalty and go to messico for a couple months?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

With your hooker and coke budget, that will last 2 days.

26 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

With your hooker and coke budget, that will last 2 days.

not in messico

4 hours ago, edjr said:

This is a smart life decision. You're making the correct choice.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:02 AM, MTSkiBum said:

I agree, I created a thread last week about fed interest rates, although posters here did not take it seriously. They only want to talk about social issues and not economic or commercial issues.

We need to raise rates now or else we will not be able to cut rates in the future.

As far as getting out of the market, it depends. Retirement savings? Then no leave it in.

Short term savings, who knows. We pulled our short term savings out of the market a little while ago, and my wife likes to remind me of this fact. We are not going back in until the crash though.

I do many dumb things in life. This decision has cost us at least 10k. 

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I do many dumb things in life. This decision has cost us at least 10k. 

Sorry to hear it. Thing is, you bought the lie perpetrated by the leftist media. In their eyes, EVERY decision made by Trump is going to hurt the economy.  While eventually there will be a "correction", there is no "bubble", which is to say, there is no false spending by consumers. No houses they can't afford, no tech stocks driving the market which are built on speculation.  Employment is high.  Taxes are rolling in at a high rate.  The economy appears to be behaving as it should. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Sorry to hear it. Thing is, you bought the lie perpetrated by the leftist media. In their eyes, EVERY decision made by Trump is going to hurt the economy.  While eventually there will be a "correction", there is no "bubble", which is to say, there is no false spending by consumers. No houses they can't afford, no tech stocks driving the market which are built on speculation.  Employment is high.  Taxes are rolling in at a high rate.  The economy appears to be behaving as it should. :dunno:

As Bruce Dickinson said:

Another prophet of disaster
Who says the ship is lost
Leaving you to count the cost
Taunting us with visions
Afflicting us with fear
Predicting war for millions
In the hope that one appears

Just now, Bert said:

As Bruce Dickinson said:

Who says the ship is lost
Leaving you to count the cost
Taunting us with visions
Afflicting us with fear
Predicting war for millions
In the hope that one appears

I thought he said, "More Cowbell!!!!"

we have 100k saved up to buy our next rental property. Will the focking housing market crash already?

55 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

My decision had nothing to do with the media, even if there is a stock market crash I do not blame the president. The crash of 2007 was not because of Bush and the rise in the current stock market is not because of Obama or Trump.

It was a purely a bad decision based on historical trends. The stock market always goes up for a while and then it crashes. I did not time it correctly and have learned my lesson, you should not try to time the market.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

My decision had nothing to do with the media, even if there is a stock market crash I do not blame the president. The crash of 2007 was not because of Bush and the rise in the current stock market is not because of Obama or Trump.

It was a purely a bad decision based on historical trends. The stock market always goes up for a while and then it crashes. I did not time it correctly and have learned my lesson, you should not try to time the market.

And that is why you lost 10K, you don’t understand our economy. This rally is 100% Trump.

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

And that is why you lost 10K, you don’t understand our economy. This rally is 100% Trump.

Rub that salt deep into the wound, I can take it.

Not even my worst decision of the last 3 years.