Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

whats your team's biggest weakness

For me its WR in my main league. Which is usually my strongest position.  I kind of blew my keeper team (6) up this off season trying younger.

Adams, Gallup, Geronimo, Sutton, KeeSean, Keke

WR for me. I sacrificed the top end WRs to draft Jacobs as my 3rd RB in rd 3 and Ertz in rd 4. Ended up with DJ Moore, M. Williams. And a hodge podge of Brown, Crowder, A. Miller, DJAX as my WR3.  

RB in a redraft ppr but I went WR/WR with first two picks. Have a lot of lines in the water though and as of this moment still walked away from the draft with 4 starting RBs (Jones, Eke, Singletary and Payton, plus Cohen) 

4 minutes ago, kutulu said:

RB in a redraft ppr but I went WR/WR with first two picks. Have a lot of lines in the water though and as of this moment still walked away from the draft with 4 starting RBs (Jones, Eke, Singletary and Payton, plus Cohen) 

Walter Payton?  Um, I hate to tell you this, but...

27 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

For me its WR in my main league. Which is usually my strongest position.  I kind of blew my keeper team (6) up this off season trying younger.

Adams, Gallup, Geronimo, Sutton, KeeSean, Keke

Just trying to help, but it D Samuel available, and if K Stiils is still available I would drop Keke for him. 

Anyway good luck. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

whats your team's biggest weakness

Management.

6 minutes ago, Law said:

Management.

I want to change my answer to this ^

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Walter Payton?  Um, I hate to tell you this, but...

Don't call it a comeback

My TE's... I was wanting the second tier and missed out on a run. Waited till the end and got Waller and Goedert. 

Who knows, Waller could live up to the hype. Ertz gets hurt a lot, plus Philly plays a lot with 2 TE's... like NE used to with Hernandez. We shall see

TE.  Wanted Henry or MvDonald.  Both went a few picks before me.

Ended up with Ebron and Hockenson.  Not thrilled.

WR.  Auction league and got Hill for $19 ($100 budget).  Didn't have much left but got Jeffery ($8) and M. Williams ($7) as my 2 and 3.  Sanu and Quinn are my other two WR's.

I must have been smoking meth during my draft.  Went WR/WR from the 9 spot.  Ended with Derek Henry and focking Marlon Mack as my starting RBs.  lol.  But not to worry, I got Shady and Brieda waiting in the wings.....  

8 hours ago, snatchit said:

My TE's... I was wanting the second tier and missed out on a run. Waited till the end and got Waller and Goedert. 

Who knows, Waller could live up to the hype. Ertz gets hurt a lot, plus Philly plays a lot with 2 TE's... like NE used to with Hernandez. We shall see

I missed out on the second tier also, so I just waited. I got Waller in the 14th and Fant in the 16th

Depth. 12 team league with 3 keepers who cost picks 2 rounds higher than draft cost so I mostly spent the last few rounds mining for upside young players at a value price rather than depth. There’s a bigger drop off right now for my bench players than I usually have but that could totally change by mid season

My WRs... Start 3, 2 flex spots (WR /TE, WR/RB):

Hopkins 

Kirk 

MVS

Anthony Miller

DK Metcalf

Golden Tate

So, besides Hopkins, I am hoping some of these guys step up and have great seasons compared to their last year. It's 1 pt PPR, so Tate will be nice in Week 5 when he comes back. I think DK will be the best rookie WR this year. 

My biggest concern is josh jacobs. If he turns into the volume based beast I expect im gonna win the league. If not I am gonna have to work a little harder for it. 

RB for sure, my starters are Carson and J White, gonna have to work the wire!

WR and TE are my strength.

TE for me, too.  I got LAR QB Goff at 8.12 and DAL RB1 T. Pollard at 9.01; ATL TE A. Hooper went at 9.05..  I'm also rolling with Waller - and BAL TE M. Andrews and IND TE J. Doyle.

Just now, LaChup said:

That I don't have Eli.

Two more, we are so close LaChump, you can bring it home before dinner time!

2 hours ago, Texas10 said:

RB for sure, my starters are Carson and J White, gonna have to work the wire!

WR and TE are my strength.

If starting two top 10 RBs is your weakness.... what do those WRs and TEs look like???

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If starting two top 10 RBs is your weakness.... what do those WRs and TEs look like???

Don't get me wrong, I really like Carson, I hope White keeps producing as well just a little skeptical.  I have Hopkins, Kelce, and Thielen.  Also have Kupp and Westbrook.  So I'm happy there.  I guess I could say QB is a potentially weak, wait and see there as I grabbed K Murray.

2 minutes ago, Texas10 said:

Don't get me wrong, I really like Carson, I hope White keeps producing as well just a little skeptical.  I have Hopkins, Kelce, and Thielen.  Also have Kupp and Westbrook.  So I'm happy there.  I guess I could say QB is a potentially weak, wait and see there as I grabbed K Murray.

Yeah, other than Murray at QB, that's a really, really strong team--and QB is easy to fix during the season.  Good luck in the playoffs!

TE and QB

Waited for Winston, and whiffed on my two mid round TE targets and ended up with Hooper. 

Although, if they pan out, them I should be in for a good year

On 9/2/2019 at 12:46 PM, Bills04 said:

TE for me, too.  I got LAR QB Goff at 8.12 and DAL RB1 T. Pollard at 9.01; ATL TE A. Hooper went at 9.05..  I'm also rolling with Waller - and BAL TE M. Andrews and IND TE J. Doyle.

this is almost verbatim my answer. its te no doubt and am also stacking andrews and waller in two leagues. im not too stressed about it. te shouldnt even be a position in ffb imo. 

1 hour ago, rallo said:

TE and QB

Waited for Winston, and whiffed on my two mid round TE targets and ended up with Hooper. 

Although, if they pan out, them I should be in for a good year

If two players who are top-5 at their respective positions are your team's WEAKNESS, you will coast to a Championship.

I would say Congratulations, but I suspect that you are simply overvaluing your players at other positions as you have underestimated Winston and Hooper.

QB and TE for me. Rivers and McDonald.

It's not like they suck tho so I'm ok with them over all. Rivers ain't flashy but he's about as reliable as you can get for a later pick (last pick in 10th). 

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If two players who are top-5 at their respective positions are your team's WEAKNESS, you will coast to a Championship.

I would say Congratulations, but I suspect that you are simply overvaluing your players at other positions as you have underestimated Winston and 

Maybe, I think you may value both slightly higher than I do. RBs are slightly weak as well with no proven TD scorers (Freeman, Carson, Lindsay, Lat. Murray, Pollard, and Darwin) WR is probably the only position that I'm strong at.

8 minutes ago, rallo said:

Maybe, I think you may value both slightly higher than I do. RBs are slightly weak as well with no proven TD scorers (Freeman, Carson, Lindsay, Lat. Murray, Pollard, and Darwin) WR is probably the only position that I'm strong at.

I don't know if you're just being facetious or what, but Freeman scored 14 rush/rec TDs in 2015 and 13 in 2016 (the last year he was fully healthy).  Chris Carson was one of only 3 RBs to rush for 1,100 yards and score 9 rushing TDs last season (the other two were Barkley and Gurley), and Lindsay scored 10 total TDs as a rookie.

So I'm not sure who you would consider a "proven TD scorer," but I'd say you're pretty strong in that department as well.

29 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I don't know if you're just being facetious or what, but Freeman scored 14 rush/rec TDs in 2015 and 13 in 2016 (the last year he was fully healthy).  Chris Carson was one of only 3 RBs to rush for 1,100 yards and score 9 rushing TDs last season (the other two were Barkley and Gurley), and Lindsay scored 10 total TDs as a rookie.

So I'm not sure who you would consider a "proven TD scorer," but I'd say you're pretty strong in that department as well.

I'm just focking with you man, my draft went great, although I still don't have as high of hopes for Hooper and Jameis as you do. A little bummed I missed on Goff, and then guys like hunter Henry and Cook. If Carson can hold off Penny and Freeman stays healthy I'll be sitting nicely. Hopefully Hooper and Jamies can offer some solid post rd 9 value.

1 minute ago, rallo said:

I'm just focking with you man, my draft went great, although I still don't have as high of hopes for Hooper and Jameis as you do. A little bummed I missed on Goff, and then guys like hunter Henry and Cook. If Carson can hold off Penny and Freeman stays healthy I'll be sitting nicely. Hopefully Hooper and Jamies can offer some solid post rd 9 value.

Pretty likely that Hooper's gonna score twice as many fantasy points as Jared Cook, so you dodged a bullet there, and holding off Penny requires little to no effort on Carson's part.