Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

UPDATE: Antonio Brown Suspended? - Will Play Wk1- Released - Signs W/ NE!

2 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Who benefits?

Waller? Williams? Jacobs?

Any other WR worth owning?

I think all of them do.  I would be worried about Williams facing true #1 CB coverage as he's more suited to be a #2 WR.  Renfrow will definitely get more looks and Waller should too.  Waller has an injury history though, so I'm a bit worried about his durability.  That said, I have him in many leagues, so I'm praying.  lol

12 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Just waiting for Belichick to swoop in and acquire AB for a 7th round pick. 

Probably for the veterans minimum too, and a return 4th round pick from Oakland just because.

or they void the guarantees before sending him away.   sort of a final parting gift.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

or they void the guarantees before sending him away.   sort of a final parting gift.

If they get AB, they'll probably get the LT Williams for a 2023 6th rounder so they can try to win that super tough division.

I think a lot of people are blowing this up into something it might not be. It's reported they MAY suspend him. That could be for the first play, the first quarter. It could be nothing at all. They fined him (as was their option to do) and he wasn't happy about  it (because he's a baby like that) and he posted it to social media (haven't seen that before right?) and that made MM mad. Words were said. Now this story about a suspension.

I could very well see this come down to: Hey, we did some things, you did some things, let's let cooler heads prevail and start again with a clean slate.

1 minute ago, Law said:

I think a lot of people are blowing this up into something it might not be. It's reported they MAY suspend him. That could be for the first play, the first quarter. It could be nothing at all. They fined him (as was their option to do) and he wasn't happy about  it (because he's a baby like that) and he posted it to social media (haven't seen that before right?) and that made MM mad. Words were said. Now this story about a suspension.

I could very well see this come down to: Hey, we did some things, you did some things, let's let cooler heads prevail and start again with a clean slate.

I would be SHOCKED if Antonio Brown had the capacity to "let cooler heads prevail" at this point.  this is not an isolated event.  we've been talking about issue after issue concerning AB for weeks.  

the only way this "goes away" and "just plays" is if the raiders just start letting him run amock

Dear lord, baby jesus, please get this info to Bellitricks, and have him call Mayock, and do the deal.....................says the guy(me) that drafted this complete idiot. Amen.

17 minutes ago, cavern said:

I would be SHOCKED if Antonio Brown had the capacity to "let cooler heads prevail" at this point.  this is not an isolated event.  we've been talking about issue after issue concerning AB for weeks.  

the only way this "goes away" and "just plays" is if the raiders just start letting him run amock

Plus, there is a HUGE financial incentive for the Raiders to suspend him.

We shall see. I dropped him as a keeper in one league, but took him in the 3rd in a full redraft. Seemed smart then, not so much today.

11 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Drop Curtis Samuel for Tyrell Williams In ppr, or wait it out? Williams will get scooped any minute. 10 team. 

Usually a lot of WR talent on the wire in a 10-teamer. Not sure but what Williams is a better bet with AB drawing coverage....

I actually added Waller in one league that allows us to start a RB/WR/TE in the flex, and might roll him out with Kelce.

41 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Drop Curtis Samuel for Tyrell Williams In ppr, or wait it out? Williams will get scooped any minute. 10 team. 

Keep Samuel. 

12 minutes ago, rosslive99 said:

Unfollowed Carr and the Raiders on IG. That doesn't sound like hes ready to apologize.

hilarious.  my 8th grade daughter has less drama

• Like 1

Considering offering a trade for AB now.  Something really low.  If not that, I could pick up Williams but not sure who I'd drop.

In his presser just now, Gruden didn't want to address any questions just now but did say they were gathering all their information to make sure they get it right.

Here's the quote ...... “We’re still getting to the bottom of everything,” Gruden said. “We’ll get you the information on Antonio when we have it official and correct and right. I don’t want to speculate about anything. Can’t do it.”

Sounds like they're getting their ducks in row for a suspension in order to void his contractual guarantees Then they can cut him at any time they wish with no financial hit. Doesn't necessarily mean they cut him right away. Brown will also get the opportunity to appeal the suspension/voiding.

I don't think they really WANT to have to cut ties with Brown; that's basically saying that they're ok with another 5-6 win season.

But they have to do something to quell the exploding circus factor of this situation.

• Like 1

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Maybe he’s just not that great without roethlisberger 

starting to look like we'll never know

2 minutes ago, cavern said:

starting to look like we'll never know

That would be all the answer I’d need

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I don't think they really WANT to have to cut ties with Brown; that's basically saying that they're ok with another 5-6 win season.

But they have to do something to quell the exploding circus factor of this situation.

Exactly. If they do try to suspend him for detrimental conduct, it's not likely he will take that kindly. Soooo ....... i guess there's some serious gameplanning to do for this situation.

Here's a blurb from one of the plethora of articles on AB from PFT

Assuming that a suspension would void the guarantees, the Raiders would be able to cut Brown at any point and owe him nothing further. They could even do it now, turning the Brown experiment into a $1 million mistake — along with the third-round and fifth-round pick they surrendered to the Steelers acquire him.

If they suspend him without pay for Week One, they also could do it at any time during the 2019 season and avoid owing him anything further under the Termination Pay provision of the labor deal, since a player with four or more years of service can collect the remainder of his salary upon being released only if he’s on the Week One active roster.

Just now, wahl35 said:

Exactly. If they do try to suspend him for detrimental conduct, it's not likely he will take that kindly. Soooo ....... i guess there's some serious gameplanning to do for this situation.

game planning....  they might forget to do the ACTUAL game planning they NEED to do.  what a disaster

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

Here's a blurb from one of the plethora of articles on AB from PFT

Assuming that a suspension would void the guarantees, the Raiders would be able to cut Brown at any point and owe him nothing further. They could even do it now, turning the Brown experiment into a $1 million mistake — along with the third-round and fifth-round pick they surrendered to the Steelers acquire him.

If they suspend him without pay for Week One, they also could do it at any time during the 2019 season and avoid owing him anything further under the Termination Pay provision of the labor deal, since a player with four or more years of service can collect the remainder of his salary upon being released only if he’s on the Week One active roster.

That's some good research.  If they suspend him for week one then the Raiders will have him by the balls for the rest of the year.

30 minutes ago, cavern said:

imagine being Derek Carr right now.... "Hey! What did I do?!?"  lol

Yes, Carr is the one I'm most worried about in this situation (outside of AB, of course, of whom I have no shares).  I did pick up Carr as a QB2 in some leagues, thinking that being more comfortable in Gruden's system this year (at least that's what he says/looks like on Hard Knocks), along with having AB and a credible run game, might allow Carr to get back near the fringe of QB1 status again.

Without AB, he's probably back in the QB15-QB20 range again.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

New England supposedly was interested.....

If Oak can void his contract he will end up signing for next to nothing with NE and be a model citizen.  BB has a way of doing that. 

Eagles. 

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Eagles. 

The Eagles have offered Mack Hollins and a 4th round pick for AB and a 3rd round pick from the Raiders.

Some more info per PFT interesting .....

PFT has obtained an analyzed a full copy of the contract. The $1 million signing bonus contained in the deal actually took the form of a pair of guaranteed $500,000 workout bonuses for 2019 and 2020. The 2019 payment nevertheless hinged upon Brown participating in at least 85 percent of the 2019 offseaon program.

Per a league source, NFLPA records reveal that he did not earn the $500,000, which means that he failed to participate in at least 85 percent of the offseason program. Thus, to date, Brown has gotten no payment from the Raiders under the contract.

And he may ultimately get none. Brown’s remaining guarantees of $29.625 million (2019 salary, 2020 workout bonus, 2020 salary) can be wiped out if he’s suspended. Actually, the language of the contract allows the guarantees to be voided even without a suspension; the behavior for which he was fined $53,950 already puts him in default.

Here’s the language from the contract, as to each guaranteed payment: “Notwithstanding this Skill, Injury, and Cap Guarantee, Player shall report to Club, practice with Club, play with Club, and honor all terms of the Contract, including all addenda thereto. If at any time player does not report to Club; does not practice or play with Club; leaves Club without prior written approval (including, but not limited to, retirement); does not honor any terms of the Contract (including any addenda thereto); is suspended by the NFL or Club for conduct detrimental, violation of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy, violation of agreements between Club and Player . . . then player shall be in default . . . and the Skill, Injury, and Cap guarantee shall be null and void and Player shall only be eligible to earn his remaining stated Paragraph 5 salary on a weekly, non-guaranteed basis.”

Because he left training camp for a day and otherwise missed a walkthrough practice, Brown already is in default. The Raiders could void the guarantees and cut him.

Get him out of those lineups if you didn't already...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are not planning to have Antonio Brown active for their Week 1 game against the Broncos.

Take TO and Ochocinco, add them together then x their craziness by 5 and you have AB right now. 

He needs to get in there and smooth things over with Mayock.

12 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Take TO and Ochocinco, add them together then x their craziness by 5 and you have AB right now. 

He needs to get in there and smooth things over with Mayock.

That’s how a rational person would react.  That’s not AB. The guy needs help at this point. Did he even read his contract?

His agent feels like he shares some blame not explaining he’s gonna lose it all unless he reverts back to a normal old school AB. 

What a mess. 

Real talk.....AB is a brain dead piece of . No sane person does ALL of this he has done.