Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

21 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Trumpco is now in talks to purchase massive more amounts of Pfizer's vaccine - The same vaccine that vaccine they passed on when Pfizer offered it far earlier.

And, as previously reported, Pfizer had already sold that stock to other countries.

Geesus...

200 million doses of the Moderna vaccine on the way. Ever tire of them winding you up and setting you out on the world to play their fool? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

200 million doses of the Moderna vaccine on the way. Ever tire of them winding you up and setting you out on the world to play their fool? 

Yeah, he didn’t bother answering my questions the first time.

5 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Lost taste and smell.  Slight stuffy nose.  No other symptoms.  Never tested.  Blood type is NOT O.

What say you doc?

lucky you. You are healthy with no comorbidities is my guess.

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

lucky you. You are healthy with no comorbidities is my guess.

I’m obese by Penultimate standards at 5’11 220 lbs.  Muscle does weigh something.. 

The death rate for hospitalized Covid-19 patients was three times higher than the death rate for hospitalized flu patients, according to the study. Rates of respiratory failure were also higher in Covid-19 patients than in flu patients.

The research, which appeared in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine, examined data from more than 130,000 French patients hospitalized with either Covid-19 or the flu. Data from Covid-19 patients was compared to data collected through the 2018-2019 flu season. 

“Our study is the largest to date to compare the two diseases and confirms that COVID-19 is far more serious than the flu,” said Catherine Quantin from the French research institute INSERM. “The finding that the COVID-19 death rate was three times higher than for seasonal influenza is particularly striking when reminded that the 2018/2019 flu season had been the worst in the past five years 

46 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, why is Trump called going back and buying more Pfizer shiit?

I mean it's really simple. Either they bought or not from Pfizer the first time. Which they didn't. Or they didn't buy enough in which case they're buying more. Because they realize they fulcked up the first time.

God, if your immediate default mode wasn't always deny deflect discount and protect at all costs. You wouldn't be so disrespected  here.

It's okay to say your boys team fulcked up. He hasn't been in a single covid meeting in the last 7 months.

The fact that Trump Co continually Folks up is not a reflection on you. The fact that you immediately and consistently and mindlessly defend every single fuk up IS a reflection on you.

• Like 1

Oh, and by the way? The administration just came out and told the states that they're not getting nearly as much vaccine next week is they did this week. Why do you think that is?

In any other Mass distribution like this, the growth rate would be geometric. Not backwards.

You know, if you had ordered enough vaccine in the first place.

How much of that Moderna vaccine has been shipped off to the states yet?

18 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The death rate for hospitalized Covid-19 patients was three times higher than the death rate for hospitalized flu patients, according to the study. Rates of respiratory failure were also higher in Covid-19 patients than in flu patients.

The research, which appeared in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine, examined data from more than 130,000 French patients hospitalized with either Covid-19 or the flu. Data from Covid-19 patients was compared to data collected through the 2018-2019 flu season. 

“Our study is the largest to date to compare the two diseases and confirms that COVID-19 is far more serious than the flu,” said Catherine Quantin from the French research institute INSERM. “The finding that the COVID-19 death rate was three times higher than for seasonal influenza is particularly striking when reminded that the 2018/2019 flu season had been the worst in the past five years 

11 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I mean it's really simple. Either they bought or not from Pfizer the first time. Which they didn't. Or they didn't buy enough in which case they're buying more. Because they realize they fulcked up the first time.

God, if your immediate default mode wasn't always deny deflect discount and protect at all costs. You wouldn't be so disrespected  here.

It's okay to say your boys team fulcked up. He hasn't been in a single covid meeting in the last 7 months.

The fact that Trump Co continually Folks up is not a reflection on you. The fact that you immediately and consistently and mindlessly defend every single fuk up IS a reflection on you.

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Oh, and by the way? The administration just came out and told the states that they're not getting nearly as much vaccine next week is they did this week. Why do you think that is?

In any other Mass distribution like this, the growth rate would be geometric. Not backwards.

You know, if you had ordered enough vaccine in the first place.

How much of that Moderna vaccine has been shipped off to the states yet?

GIAFP?

7 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

GIAFP?

I'm just glad we have a member from the GC who was involved in all vaccine conversations with Trump.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Looks like he did fine. 250 million plus is plenty. I’m sure you’ll get yours, don’t worry. 

Don't these vaccines take two doses?  I know at least one of them does.  So you might have to cut the effective number of doses in half.

21 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

99.48475474% survival rate. Eat sh!t to anyone on board with this lock down 

I find it ironic that the people who are must vehently against the lockdown haven't been out of their mother's basement since the invention of the Hot Pocket.

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

I find it ironic that the people who are must vehently against the lockdown haven't been out of their mother's basement since the invention of the Hot Pocket.

It's almost like you didn't know I'm a respiratory therapist for 25 years. You focking fool 

25 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

99.48475474% survival rate. Eat sh!t to anyone on board with this lock down 

If that means more than 1m dead, is that okay? We also don’t have a lock down here. I was at Home Depot, got gas and had take out today.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

If that means more than 1m dead, is that okay? We also don’t have a lock down here. I was at Home Depot, got gas and had take out today.

Ya, I'm fine with that considering who is vulnerable. They know they are vulnerable. Stay home

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

It's almost like you didn't know I'm a respiratory therapist for 25 years. You focking fool 

That's roughly drawing an equivalency between a physical therapist and an EOD expert.

Now go back to telling elderly asthmatics to blow in the tube would you?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

That's roughly drawing an equivalency between a physical therapist and an EOD expert.

Could be worse. Could be you. Just sayin. :dunno:

So the CDC is probably going to recommend that "essential workers" get the vaccine before "over 65s".  Even though more lives will be saved and "over 65s" are 23x more likely to die, unfortunately, "over 65s" are disprportianally white so "essential workers" will be before them.  

15 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So the CDC is probably going to recommend that "essential workers" get the vaccine before "over 65s".  Even though more lives will be saved and "over 65s" are 23x more likely to die, unfortunately, "over 65s" are disprportianally white so "essential workers" will be before them.  

Or it could be that we need our healthcare workers to care for everyone and they are a much higher risk of contracting the disease.

20 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

How are you/they defining “essential workers”?

19 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Or it could be that we need our healthcare workers to care for everyone and they are a much higher risk of contracting the disease.

And their most likely patients are those over 65. Seems like eliminating patients makes far more sense. :dunno:

18 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I wonder if China will ever pay for releasing this upon the world?

Nah, they own us now. That was the whole point. Trump was blocking the final sale. Wouldn’t let them close. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This sh1t is never ending.

54 minutes ago, edjr said:

This sh1t is never ending.

Not if they choose people to get the vaccine who are low risk over those who are high risk. Just saying, seems like they want to keep the train rolling.

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Not if they choose people to get the vaccine who are low risk over those who are high risk. Just saying, seems like they want to keep the train rolling.

I have little confidence in the vaccine. I think it's just placebo.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I have little confidence in the vaccine. I think it's just placebo.

You know whatever is in the syringe that the politicians are taking is.  

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

And their most likely patients are those over 65. Seems like eliminating patients makes far more sense. :dunno:

This is untrue.  While old people are a high-risk category, especially for death,  younger people can still catch the disease and need treatment.

I want to know how we cured the flu? Haven't heard of one person that has got it this year. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Healthcare workers or not "essential workers" in this case.  They are a whole other category.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

How are you/they defining “essential workers”?

It looks like anything other than frontline healthcare worker.  I couldn't find specific parameters.

The below article is from the U.K. but I'm pretty sure we're going to find similar data for the U.S..:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55234280

We will never know how many people died BECAUSE of our Coronavirus actions.  As some of us have said from early on, our reaction needs to be a balance, not just knee jerk shut everything down and ONLY focus on Covid.

11 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I would say his experience is more relevant than knowing that every debit needs a credit.  :dunno: 

Are we (or anyone) even investigating the true genesis of this pandemic?  Was it really people eating bats?  Was it made in test tube and released accidentally?  

Shouldn't we try to find out for certain so it doesn't happen again?  

Just now, KSB2424 said:

Are we (or anyone) even investigating the true genesis of this pandemic?  Was it really people eating bats?  Was it made in test tube and released accidentally?  

Shouldn't we try to find out for certain so it doesn't happen again?  

China hasn't been forthcoming, won't let anyone investigate, and no one except Trump has been willing to call them out on it.