Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

http://archive.is/evqRk

More sh*t that China is up to. When you read the part about the US Army attending a sports meet in Wuhan in October and spreading the virus there, know that many otherwise intelligent Chinese people have actually bought into this nonsense. :rolleyes:

I swear, people are focking stupid. They know what their government does and yet they lap up obvious BS like lemmings.

How come I keep hearing about Chinese Americans being attacked and harassed because it’s called the China virus, but I never see it or actually hear about it happening? Why does the left always have to at least exaggerate when they aren’t  just making things up? The Chinese restaurants around me are all still open. 

38 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How come I keep hearing about Chinese Americans being attacked and harassed because it’s called the China virus, but I never see it or actually hear about it happening? Why does the left always have to at least exaggerate when they aren’t  just making things up? The Chinese restaurants around me are all still open. 

Te media has a difficult time wrapping their head around the notion that the only racists that exist in the country are in their imagination plus maybe a dozen harmless Boston Lager types.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Te media has a difficult time wrapping their head around the notion that the only racists that exist in the country are in their imagination plus maybe a dozen harmless Boston Lager types.

It’s a micro industry. And political tool. 

Bill DiBlasio's website to report businesses that don't practice social distancing gets jihaded by trolls.

Dr Vladimir Zelenko is on Carolla’s podcast talking about his COVID cocktail that shows 95% success rate.  

$20 Zinc, Hydroblahblah and Antibiotics.  

Also says we all need to get it to develop immunity.   

Getting ready to release his studies which have been corroborated by similar studies within the week. 

Worth a listen.  Very straightforward and informative.  

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/adam-carolla-show/id306390087#episodeGuid=b5efecad-77c4-4582-8cb2-ddb3b6b13ef1

A new study by a medical journal revealed that most of the people in New York Citywho were hospitalized due to coronavirus had one or more underlying health issues.

Health records from 5,700 patients hospitalized within the Northwell Health system -- which housed the most patients in the country throughout the pandemic -- showed that 94 percent of patients had more than one disease other than COVID-19, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).

https://www.foxnews.com/health/nearly-all-ny-coronavirus-patients-suffered-underlying-health-issue-study-finds

Gubnah Chahlie Bahkah closes schools and day care through June and gets ripped by Gubnah Cuomo. 

:lol:

Cuomo is right of course. How can you make the announcement this soon?  you close schools/Day care through June and not close businesses? What are people going to do with their kids if they have to go back to work :wacko:

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

Gubnah Chahlie Bahkah closes schools and day care through June and gets ripped by Gubnah Cuomo. 

:lol:

Cuomo is right of course. How can you make the announcement this soon?  you close schools/Day care through June and not close businesses? What are people going to do with their kids if they have to go back to work :wacko:

Not sure how young your kid is now, but this is how it works in the last 2 months of the school year.  There is no learning the last 4 weeks.  Basically from Memorial Day on, it is the kids helping the teacher clean up and pack up stuff in the classroom.  Once that is done, they watch movies.  

So, if you are canceling up until Memorial Day, then just shut it down completely.  Not sure if Cuomo knows this, but in other countries, they will open businesses in limited fashion first and the schools go last because they are little petri dishes.  We are no different.  Better to tell parents now and let them plan, instead of stringing them along with false hope.  

25 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

A new study by a medical journal revealed that most of the people in New York Citywho were hospitalized due to coronavirus had one or more underlying health issues.

Health records from 5,700 patients hospitalized within the Northwell Health system -- which housed the most patients in the country throughout the pandemic -- showed that 94 percent of patients had more than one disease other than COVID-19, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).

https://www.foxnews.com/health/nearly-all-ny-coronavirus-patients-suffered-underlying-health-issue-study-finds

Furthermore:

Data taken from March to early April showed that the median age of patients was 63 years old and 53 percent of all coronavirus patients suffered from hypertension, the most prevalent of the ailments among patients.

In addition, 42 percent of coronavirus patients who had body mass index (BMI) data on file suffered from obesity while 32 percent of all patients suffered from diabetes.

The study also revealed that the overwhelming majority of patients who were on ventilators eventually died, and those who did more often had diabetes.

Data gathered from 2,634 patients who either died or were discharged from the hospital showed that 12 percent of them were placed on ventilators and of those who were, 88 percent of them died.

Hypertension (high blood pressure) is a pretty common condition.  The CDC estimates that 108 million people in the US have hypertension (or 45%) of the adult population.  This could be part of the issue with why blacks and latinos have higher death rates from COVID.

https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/facts.htm

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Not sure how young your kid is now, but this is how it works in the last 2 months of the school year.  There is no learning the last 4 weeks.  Basically from Memorial Day on, it is the kids helping the teacher clean up and pack up stuff in the classroom.  Once that is done, they watch movies.  

So, if you are canceling up until Memorial Day, then just shut it down completely.  Not sure if Cuomo knows this, but in other countries, they will open businesses in limited fashion first and the schools go last because they are little petri dishes.  We are no different.  Better to tell parents now and let them plan, instead of stringing them along with false hope.  

No, you don't shut it down completely. 1 month of day care is YOOGE for some people. They shut down day care too, not just public schools.

Day care is PRIVATE and privately paid for (most of it). Stop focking with people and let them live.

On 3/13/2020 at 1:17 PM, Baker Boy said:

This is all so stupid! Isolate the old and the weak and let everyone else live their normal lives. Their chance of dying from this is very small. Most of the people that need protection are the least productive members of our society so life goes on as normal. We don’t have to stop the world. 

51 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

No, you don't shut it down completely. 1 month of day care is YOOGE for some people. They shut down day care too, not just public schools.

Day care is PRIVATE and privately paid for (most of it). Stop focking with people and let them live.

You mean let them have the convenience of day care even though those places are great for incubating.  Got it.

50 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Furthermore:

Hypertension (high blood pressure) is a pretty common condition.  The CDC estimates that 108 million people in the US have hypertension (or 45%) of the adult population.  This could be part of the issue with why blacks and latinos have higher death rates from COVID.

https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/facts.htm

We need 40,000 ventilators stat!

-Andrew Cuomo

10 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

We need 40,000 ventilators stat!

-Andrew Cuomo

88% of people put on ventilators in NY, died anyway :o 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

88% of people put on ventilators in NY, died anyway :o 

Get ready for a "study" saying they don't work. 

41 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You mean let them have the convenience of day care even though those places are great for incubating.  Got it.

How many kids have died again? How many healthy people have died again? Stop your liberal wacko fear mongering. Time to get back to work!

Sweden resisted a lockdown, and its capital Stockholm is expected to reach ‘herd immunity’ in weeks

1 minute ago, edjr said:

How many kids have died again? How many healthy people have died again? Stop your liberal wacko fear mongering. Time to get back to work!

Sweden resisted a lockdown, and its capital Stockholm is expected to reach ‘herd immunity’ in weeks

It isn't black and white, Ed.  I love how you say that people with hypertension are not healthy.  Would love to see what your blood pressure is. :lol:

It is not just the deaths that cause the problems.  It is the sheer volume of people that will overwhelm our health systems if we didn't take these actions.  I am all for opening up things in a phased approach, once certain criteria are met.  I think that the Trump admin has provided a good set of guidelines for states, so let's follow that to start opening things up. 

Rather than flying off the handle and restarting the clock on things, let's make these decisions based on the information that we have and not on emotion.  

16 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It isn't black and white, Ed.  I love how you say that people with hypertension are not healthy.  Would love to see what your blood pressure is. :lol:

It is not just the deaths that cause the problems.  It is the sheer volume of people that will overwhelm our health systems if we didn't take these actions.  I am all for opening up things in a phased approach, once certain criteria are met.  I think that the Trump admin has provided a good set of guidelines for states, so let's follow that to start opening things up. 

Rather than flying off the handle and restarting the clock on things, let's make these decisions based on the information that we have and not on emotion.  

Regarding hypertension, as you know, correlation does not mean causation.  Tobacco use and other unhealthy underlying causes can cause high blood pressure, for instance.

Regarding Sweden, we are just now studying the genetics of the virus and the people affected/unaffected to find correlations.  It's possibly that in a relatively ethnically pure gene pool like Sweden, there is something in their Aryan genes which protects them, vs. the dirty whites in Italy.  :dunno:

37 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

you're right, we wouldn't want to fly off the handle and close down the country either. :wacko:

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Regarding hypertension, as you know, correlation does not mean causation.  Tobacco use and other unhealthy underlying causes can cause high blood pressure, for instance.

Regarding Sweden, we are just now studying the genetics of the virus and the people affected/unaffected to find correlations.  It's possibly that in a relatively ethnically pure gene pool like Sweden, there is something in their Aryan genes which protects them, vs. the dirty whites in Italy.  :dunno:

The rates are age-standardized. Italy smoking rate for 2016 was 23.70%

Smoking in Sweden is at a very low prevalence; only 11% of the total Swedish population (8% of men and 10% of women)

An estimated 14 percent of adults in the U.S., or 34.3 million people, smoked cigarettes in 2017,

I am 100% fine with smokers dying and old people and obese people. Why did we shut down the world again? To protect focking smokers? jesus h focking christ people

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Smoking in Sweden is at a very low prevalence; only 11% of the total Swedish population (8% of men and 10% of women)

An estimated 14 percent of adults in the U.S., or 34.3 million people, smoked cigarettes in 2017,

STOP throwing out facts in the face of hysteria!  We have a perfectly good crisis not going to waste here. 🤬

Italy has the 2nd highest concentration of elderly in the world, that’s why they are dying so much. Plus they all smoke. What’s hurting us is the media reporting every death and every case, especially click worthy ones like healthy people and flukes. People of all ages die every day from all kinds of stuff. The media could spin anything from vending machines falling to heart disease and make it an edpidemic if it was presented a certain way.

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

STOP throwing out facts in the face of hysteria!  We have a perfectly good crisis not going to waste here. 🤬

fatboy will be along soon to say this doesn't matter. CLOSE IT DOWN AND KEEP IT CLOSED :mad:

Social distancing is not making my immune system stronger, I think the opposite may be true.

People living in supposedly advanced countries are developing weaker immune systems due to the hyper-sanitizing of everything. A new study suggests that what people in general and, in particular children, might need to strengthen their body’s natural defenses is just the opposite: Play in the dirt.

https://naturalon.com/let-kids-play-dirt-healthy/

51 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I am 6'1" 170 pounds, 38 years old, exercise daily, eat healthy, and I am going to have to take blood pressure medicine shortly. My dad still runs marathons at 62 has had a heart attack and is on blood pressure meds.

There is a strong genetic component to blood pressure.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Social distancing is not making my immune system stronger, I think the opposite may be true.

People living in supposedly advanced countries are developing weaker immune systems due to the hyper-sanitizing of everything. A new study suggests that what people in general and, in particular children, might need to strengthen their body’s natural defenses is just the opposite: Play in the dirt.

https://naturalon.com/let-kids-play-dirt-healthy/

100%  I have gone 40 years without washing my hands, even after taking a .  I have never had the flu and when I get a cold it lasts a short time.  My immune system is strong and has been working hard to protect me. 

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am 6'1" 170 pounds, 38 years old, exercise daily, eat healthy, and I am going to have to take blood pressure medicine shortly. My dad still runs marathons at 62 has had a heart attack and is on blood pressure meds.

There is a strong genetic component to blood pressure.

My blood pressure is perfect. I go to the dr once every 2 years, was just there in November. 

my father is 73 and obese, never exercised a day in his life, never had heart or blood pressure issues.  I likely won't either.

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

I am 100% fine with smokers dying and old people and obese people. Why did we shut down the world again? To protect focking smokers? jesus h focking christ people

Well, I say we still treat those people, but I was one of the first to say that we should recommend isolation for the elderly and sick, and the rest of us move on getting our herd immunity.

That being said, the geek in me is fascinated by the math in your post.  Assuming roughly a 50/50 male/female split, if 8% of men and 10% of women smoke,  shouldn't that come out to about... 9% of the total population?  Or are there 2% "other".  Actually that is probably the case in a place like Sweden.  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well, I say we still treat those people, but I was one of the first to say that we should recommend isolation for the elderly and sick, and the rest of us move on getting our herd immunity.

That being said, the geek in me is fascinated by the math in your post.  Assuming roughly a 50/50 male/female split, if 8% of men and 10% of women smoke,  shouldn't that come out to about... 9% of the total population?  Or are there 2% "other".  Actually that is probably the case in a place like Sweden.  :dunno:

2014 is all I can find as far as the world, but that likely has dropped a ton in 6 years

Cigarettes are smoked by over 1 billion people, which is nearly 20% of the world's population in 2014.

More than 80% of all smokers now live in countries with low or middle incomes, and 60% in just 10 countries, a list headed by China. China is the world's most populated country, and is also the leading country in the cigarette industry. In 2014, China produced and consumed more than 30% of the cigarettes in the world. There is a strong relationship between socioeconomic status (SES) and smoking behaviors. According to research, developing countries have the highest rate of tobacco use. “China was found to be one of the countries with the highest male-to-female ratio of smoking prevalence”: 74% of males and 8% of females were smokers. Over half of adult males in Indonesia are smokers (57%, but mostly kretek, a local form of cigarette) and China (53% estimated), and nearly half in Bangladesh, though for women the figure is much lower.

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

17 minutes ago, edjr said:

Well, I love stats.  Does Sweden have a large transgender population so that 11% of the total is more than each of the two main sexes?  

It is called cherry picking stats, Ed and you just keep doing it.  The "underlying conditions" are not just related to old and sick people, but don't you worry, you will be able to get your tattoo and haircut soon enough.

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I said it on March 13, when did you say it?

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Well, I love stats.  Does Sweden have a large transgender population so that 11% of the total is more than each of the two main sexes?  

It is called cherry picking stats, Ed and you just keep doing it.  The "underlying conditions" are not just related to old and sick people, but don't you worry, you will be able to get your tattoo and haircut soon enough.

I don't have tattoos and my hair is flowing lovely. I never took you for a pandering sally boy. Sad :(

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

I don't have tattoos and my hair is flowing lovely. I never took you for a pandering sally boy. Sad :(

Oh, you mean someone with a conscience and morals?  I definitely have those and I never suspected that you did.  :(

7 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I said it on March 13, when did you say it?

Searching for my use of "elderly" shows a 4/1 post:

You had mentioned herd immunity earlier in that thread, also on 4/1.  And in my post following the above, I agreed with your position on herd immunity.  :cheers:

• Like 1

I hope after all this we do away with the stupid tradition of hand shaking as a formality. “Oh hi mr sweaty businessman, let’s shake hands.”, fock that. Much rather bow or just a simple head nod. Who is going to want to shake everyone’s hand after this thing? How bout we all go back to work, cut out the stupid hand shaking and move on? I’ll bet that alone would flatten the curve.