Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well the schools going to be closed. Then you’ll see the rush. Just getting out in front of it.  Not a big deal. 

Yes..exactly...because of douchenozzles like you guys panicking and going to the store to buy all the focking food.  Cause youre a bunch of idiots.

Hey like I said, America has been clamoring for a panic....You included and thats cool man.  Im just saying it's dumb

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should worry about crossing the street on your own. 

Awe...youre adorable

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE:

80+ years old 14.8%
70-79 years old 8.0%
60-69 years old 3.6%
50-59 years old 1.3%
40-49 years old 0.4%
30-39 years old 0.2%
20-29 years old 0.2%
10-19 years old 0.2%
0-9 years old     no fatalities

PRE-EXISTING CONDITION
DEATH RATE*
Cardiovascular disease 10.5%
Diabetes 7.3%
Chronic respiratory disease 6.3%
Hypertension 6.0%
Cancer 5.6%
no pre-existing conditions 0.9%

BINGO!

Just now, supermike80 said:

Yes..exactly...because of douchenozzles like you guys panicking and going to the store to buy all the focking food.  Cause youre a bunch of idiots.

Hey like I said, America has been clamoring for a panic....You included and thats cool man.  Im just saying it's dumb

Right. So planning to have extra provisions in case we need it is just stupid. I remember when there was a snow storm coming a few years ago. I bought a snow shovel. Still have it. What an idiot I was panicking and buying that. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Right. So planning to have extra provisions in case we need it is just stupid. I remember when there was a snow storm coming a few years ago. I bought a snow shovel. Still have it. What an idiot I was panicking and buying that. 

Did you run out and buy all the bread milk and eggs too?

Nice comparison, but no.  Your statement about meal planning(because I guess you cant go to the store) if the kids don't go to school is where you lost this argument.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was harsh on you and I shouldn't be.  You're not the only one that will panic.  I get it.  it's scary. If you have a family and young kids it's probably even more so..

I am committed to not panicking..I get snippy because I see soooo many of you all already to go crazy, which will make me have to go crazy too.  And I don't wanna do that.  if everyone just calmed down a little.    I think the comment about where we might get our water from was what set me off.

Sorry for being a d!ck.  I just don't like how weak we have become as a country.  

Just now, supermike80 said:

Did you run out and buy all the bread milk and eggs too?

Nice comparison, but no.  Your statement about meal planning(because I guess you cant go to the store) if the kids don't go to school is where you lost this argument.

Milk. What an idiot I was. Had to throw it all out. No wait, we just drank it. I’m going to fill a propane tank later. I hope it doesn’t go bad and we never get to use it. 

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

I was harsh on you and I shouldn't be.  You're not the only one that will panic.  I get it.  it's scary. If you have a family and young kids it's probably even more so..

I am committed to not panicking..I get snippy because I see soooo many of you all already to go crazy, which will make me have to go crazy too.  And I don't wanna do that.  if everyone just calmed down a little.    

Sorry for being a d!ck.  I just don't like how weak we have bceome as a country.  

Just getting out in front of it man. I can assure you if a kid in school gets this you will see the rush on the store. My wife and I won’t be there. 

I just ordered from Sam's Club and it cost me $143.56.

4 x 25 lb long-grain white rice = 37.92

4 x 12 lb pinto beans = 41.56

4 x 4 lb Morton Salt = 5.84

4 x 48 ct beef ramen = 33.12

4 x 48 ct chicken ramen = 33.12

from Home Depot 10 5 gallon buckets with lids = 44.88

Less than $200 and it took me maybe 10 minutes click click click

I'll vacuum seal the rice and beans and store them in the buckets and worst-case scenario I have a little peace of mind and a more than an ample supply of rice and beans for the next prolly 20 years if stored properly.  

Not sure why something as simple as this pisses Mike off so bad.

I have only ever seen Costco this packed before a hurricane. Each line has 15 carts in it. Ours is almost out of 50 pound bags of rice and toilet paper.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I just ordered from Sam's Club and it cost me $143.56.

4 x 25 lb long-grain white rice = 37.92

4 x 12 lb pinto beans = 41.56

4 x 4 lb Morton Salt = 5.84

4 x 48 ct beef ramen = 33.12

4 x 48 ct chicken ramen = 33.12

from Home Depot 10 5 gallon buckets with lids = 44.88

Less than $200 and it took me maybe 10 minutes click click click

I'll vacuum seal the rice and beans and store them in the buckets and worst-case scenario I have a little peace of mind and a more than an ample supply of rice and beans for the next prolly 20 years if stored properly.  

Not sure why something as simple as this pisses Mike off so bad.

Water.  Contaminate the water supply and you gone.

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Water.  Contaminate the water supply and you gone.

I'm pitching a tent on the edge of NV's property.  All the water I need for as long as I can stand the skeeters.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

I'm pitching a tent on the edge of NV's property.  All the water I need for as long as I can stand the skeeters.

At least you have a plan.

50 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have only ever seen Costco this packed before a hurricane. Each line has 15 carts in it. Ours is almost out of 50 pound bags of rice and toilet paper.

What a bunch of losers. They probably all bought food that will spoil with a week.

Iranian health Minister. What an idiot. These clowns are having a bad year. Every lie is getting exposed.

22 minutes ago, lod001 said:

What a bunch of losers. They probably all bought food that will spoil with a week.

What spoils within a week? Not much. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What spoils within a week? Not much. 

ok weeks....months, whatever. i don't do the shopping, I just eat the food. i'm just pointing out that a lot of these idiots losing it are buying food they will have consumed long before this becomes a threat here.

Let me lay it out for some of you: This thing has a 2 week incubation period (so they say). Well, if one kid comes down with it at school, the school is shutting down for 2 weeks. And you’re probably not going to be too keen On going out to eat, even if most of the restaurants are open. And if we end up in a quarantine situation, like other countries are, who’s going to work at the grocery store for their 12 dollar an hour job? Some slave in China might, but let’s just say Americans don’t have the same motivation as them, to be nice. Now, you can ride this out at home with plenty of stuff, or you can be digging around for some saltines after day 10. Up to you. 

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Go for it.  I have my own well.  Bring beer.  :cheers:

40 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I just went to Home Depot and got 100 pounds of bird seed. Good enough for my kids

Baiting the birds so you have fresh meat?  Brilliant.!

I'm pitching a tent right now :banana:

4 hours ago, Strike said:

If that happens I'm moving to China!

We never had any food shortages and things are returning to normal. Sort of. I'm still bunkered in but restaurants are re-opening and the inter-city trains and buses and planes are working again.

I don't know if it's wishful thinking and crossing our fingers that we're out of danger in order to keep the GDP from tanking or if the ChiComs really do have a handle on in outside of Hubei.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

San Francisco declares state of emergency. 

What?????  It's ok if you're at risk of stepping on an infected needle anywhere you go, and the sidewalks double as a sh*tting station, but a little flu comes around and it's a focking emergency????

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

What?????  It's ok if you're at risk of stepping on an infected needle anywhere you go, and the sidewalks double as a sh*tting station, but a little flu comes around and it's a focking emergency????

If this thing can spread anywhere it’s in that filthy Petri dish. 

All I got to say is don't come crying to me if sh!t gets real.

If sh!t gets REAL, I have the means to come take what you got. :dunno:

Please sweet baby Jesus, let them quarantine San Fran.

And, no you don't.  You'll be locked up with the rest of the wackadoodles in Cali.  :wave:

4 hours ago, edjr said:

COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE:

80+ years old 14.8%
70-79 years old 8.0%
60-69 years old 3.6%
50-59 years old 1.3%
40-49 years old 0.4%
30-39 years old 0.2%
20-29 years old 0.2%
10-19 years old 0.2%
0-9 years old     no fatalities

PRE-EXISTING CONDITION
DEATH RATE*
Cardiovascular disease 10.5%
Diabetes 7.3%
Chronic respiratory disease 6.3%
Hypertension 6.0%
Cancer 5.6%
no pre-existing conditions 0.9%

Reputable medical professionals, including epidimeologists, have not been putting stock in China's data. It's just not seen as reliable, for a number of reasons (I could go into them). Most that I've seen tend to suspect the figures are darker and it explains some of the response.

Most breakdowns like this are including China's reports.

My personal $.02 is not to assume either way on this, just prepare for the hopefully unlikely, worst.

(For those with old-ish folks to look out for, those numbers are significant either way).

So, are the people who die, coming back to life as zombies? I bet if you took a poll of the average American, they think that is what a pandemic is.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

San Francisco declares state of emergency. 

Just need a few homeless to get infected and they will all be dead.

So, it's been at least two weeks since the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health disease research guy said he figured "community transmission" was likely to occur soon in the U.S.  

This guy: https://mobile.twitter.com/T_Inglesby

Some countries (probably most) - and we're among them, aren't testing relatively many people. And that's one way to have good figures ;)

Apparently the CDC is strapped when it comes to dispatching a meaningful amount of tests. Big important story but kind of flying under the radar.

-------

Week #1: Mild symptoms all week for most

Week #2: By mid-week you're entering the thick of it

Start getting better toward the end of week two and you're likely good. Many even relatively healthy people may require oxygen at this point. Don't start entering week #3 on the upswing and it's a critical care situation.

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Just need a few homeless to get infected and they will all be dead.

No way. Those fockers are immune to everything. 

On 2/24/2020 at 6:24 AM, NorthernVike said:

Why would you run out of water?  It's not like this shiot kills every living thing it touches.  

Get a grip people. 

Might get my parents into a rural place on the coast if community transmission winds up becoming a real problem. My grandfather used to take care of the community's water depot. Just seems wise to have a store, but we'd definitely need to fill them up there. And it's weird but I'm glad to have it here in the city/burbs too for whatever reason. Paranoia, power of suggestion. Got those on 2/10 on the super offchance it required acting then. Went full crazy but part of the full crazy was an urgency of pre-rush.

Some of my family is into canning veggies, beans, and who knows what else.  Between Mason jars,  real canned foods, and rice&beans from Sams, Im set for months. Ive also got a sh!tload of deer meat and fish in the freezer.  Ill prob make some deer jerky over the weekend. 

2 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Baiting the birds so you have fresh meat?  Brilliant.!

can birds catch the flu?