Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

It was the most important thing he had to do. Name someone as the liaison between the health experts and the American people. He chose another yes-man who will feed us the Trump version. Possibly the most damaging move he's made in his horrific presidency. People will die because of it. Many

I'd take him over Xi Jinping  :dunno:

What's the death rate here in the USA?  0.0?  

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I'd take him over Xi Jinping  :dunno:

Serious question.  Is there any scenario whatsoever where you could see Mike Pence saying anything to the public that would upset Trump?

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Serious question.  Is there any scenario whatsoever where you could see Mike Pence saying anything to the public that would upset Trump?

Like Barr did?  That surprised you I bet.

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I don't pay close enough attention honestly. after maybe 15 minutes of anything politics, I have to change the channel. 

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Like Barr did?  That surprised you I bet.

If you don't realize that the whole Barr thing was planned and rehearsed by Trump and Barr, then you're too far gone to explain it to. 

So, about this Coronavirus. Spread really fast in S Korea. Or is that just because S Korea is telling the truth? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, about this Coronavirus. Spread really fast in S Korea. Or is that just because S Korea is telling the truth? 

I'm going with #2

21 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

What's the death rate here in the USA?  0.0?  

I watched trump's press conference. So far 0. Of the 57(?), there's one that they're particularly worried about the rest are expected to recover. 

17 minutes ago, The Observer said:

If you don't realize that the whole Barr thing was planned and rehearsed by Trump and Barr, then you're too far gone to explain it to. 

You always have your answer.  

Now looking big picture and real future ramifications, not petty squawking about fault, do manufacturers now get a wake up call about being in bed with China? Do they look elsewhere to manufacture their goods? Mexico is not an option as it stands now. It’s a lawless narco state controlled by violent cartels. Do they stay with China, seeing how dangerous it is? Could there be a huge shift in how they do business? 

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I watched trump's press conference. So far 0. Of the 57(?), there's one that they're particularly worried about the rest are expected to recover. 

Do we know anything about the one?  Old, pre-existing conditions, on deaths door prior to getting an ice cold corona? 

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Yesterday, they discovered the first American to contract the disease with no contact with a known carrier.  The others had ties due to travel or exposure to known carriers.  This represents the first case of community-obtained Coronavirus. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now looking big picture and real future ramifications, not petty squawking about fault, do manufacturers now get a wake up call about being in bed with China? Do they look elsewhere to manufacture their goods? Mexico is not an option as it stands now. It’s a lawless narco state controlled by violent cartels. Do they stay with China, seeing how dangerous it is? Could there be a huge shift in how they do business? 

https://thediplomat.com/2017/02/which-asian-country-will-replace-china-as-the-worlds-factory/

This article is from 2017.  Even back then a shift had already started.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I heard on the news this morning that the person in California who was just reported as having the virus, waited four days to be tested because that's how long it took the hospital to obtain the test kit.  I hope this was the exception and not the rule.  This is the preparation part that I talked about yesterday. We seem woefully unprepared at this point. Hopefully, every hospital in the country has a contingency plan for if they run out of beds/space. Local high school gyms or other community options. You plan for these things, not react.

8 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

https://thediplomat.com/2017/02/which-asian-country-will-replace-china-as-the-worlds-factory/

This article is from 2017.  Even back then a shift had already started.

Wow. This could be the spark.  Then we have a pissed off  China with lots of mouths to feed. Interesting they talk about India. Trump was just there the other day talking about our relationship with them. Good article. Thanks. Sometimes you can learn things around here. 

22 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Do we know anything about the one?  Old, pre-existing conditions, on deaths door prior to getting an ice cold corona? 

I don't rightly recall that any specifics were given.

I watched the press conference and then a couple of hours later heard about the California case so it's likely they didn't know about him at the time.

The doctor with the New York City accent said they may have a vaccine ready for testing as soon as two months instead of the three he'd mentioned from the last time I'd seen him. Then another three months of testing. He also said they have an anti-viral medication that is working well.

The seasonal change may or may not affect the virus. Some coronoaviruses weaken and go into remission in warmer weather but some do not and they haven't reached a decision yet what type this is.

Trump had just emerged from a meeting with 40 medical experts setting up his plan.

46 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I heard on the news this morning that the person in California who was just reported as having the virus, waited four days to be tested because that's how long it took the hospital to obtain the test kit.  I hope this was the exception and not the rule.  This is the preparation part that I talked about yesterday. We seem woefully unprepared at this point. Hopefully, every hospital in the country has a contingency plan for if they run out of beds/space. Local high school gyms or other community options. You plan for these things, not react.

I heard this story is fake news.

4 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I heard this story is fake news.

It is, to be expected from Newbie

The individual was transferred to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento from another hospital on Wednesday, and doctors requested COVID-19 testing by the CDC.

"When the patient arrived, the patient had already been intubated, was on a ventilator, and given droplet protection orders because of an undiagnosed and suspected viral condition," UC Davis Medical Center said in a statement Wednesday night. "Since the patient did not fit the existing CDC criteria for COVID-19, a test was not immediately administered. UC Davis Health does not control the testing process."

The CDC ordered COVID-19 testing on Sunday, according to UC Davis Medical Center.

The CDC said it would continue to investigate the source of the infection. It's "possible" that the individual "may have been exposed to a returned traveler who was infected," an agency official said in a statement Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

Local HS where are kids went prior to college shut down today because one of the staffers returned from international travel and then a family member became sick.  No proof that it's coronavirus but they closed HS anyways. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/bothell-high-school-closed-thursday-in-an-abundance-of-caution-over-coronavirus-fears-after-staffer-traveled-internationally/

3 hours ago, edjr said:

you expect any President or person of power to tell us the sky is falling?  Get the fock out of here. He did the right thing. Why make people panic? Makes no sense.

No matter what the president did he would beotch

1 hour ago, Meglamaniac said:

It is, to be expected from Newbie

The individual was transferred to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento from another hospital on Wednesday, and doctors requested COVID-19 testing by the CDC.

"When the patient arrived, the patient had already been intubated, was on a ventilator, and given droplet protection orders because of an undiagnosed and suspected viral condition," UC Davis Medical Center said in a statement Wednesday night. "Since the patient did not fit the existing CDC criteria for COVID-19, a test was not immediately administered. UC Davis Health does not control the testing process."

The CDC ordered COVID-19 testing on Sunday, according to UC Davis Medical Center.

The CDC said it would continue to investigate the source of the infection. It's "possible" that the individual "may have been exposed to a returned traveler who was infected," an agency official said in a statement Wednesday.

Down Goes Newbie! Down Goes Newbie!

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Down Goes Newbie! Down Goes Newbie!

If we listen to you, I've been down for three days straight.  Yet here I am, still posting the facts you guys don't want to hear. And taking on 8 of you all by myself. 👋

Japan closing all schools until April. 

Everything is fine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Japan closing all schools until April. 

Everything is fine.

The person in California is already on a ventilator, which takes 2 weeks. How many people in northern california have it and are not diagnosed. 20+? more?

Where else is it in the US that we do not know about. Our government needs to get its head out of its ass and start testing people asap.

Schools in Northern California should be closed.

On a scale of 1 to 100 on how worried I am, with 100 being full panic mode, I am at a negative 100...

This is just like a flu situation that hits like crazy...  A couple of years ago around 60,000 died from the flu, it happens...

Just take care of person hygiene and you should be fine, just like one does around flu season...

8 minutes ago, The Observer said:

If we listen to you, I've been down for three days straight.  Yet here I am, still posting the facts you guys don't want to hear. And taking on 8 of you all by myself. 👋

The misinformation/disinformation/lies that you continually post and that are continually pointed out are far from "facts". 

No matter how many times you make this claim they are still not going to be facts, you're just pushing forward crap that's been proven over and over to be crap

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

We are not even testing, the person in California is already on a ventilator, which takes 2 weeks. How many people in northern california have it and are not diagnosed. 20+? more?

Where else is it in the US that we do not know about.

Our government needs to get its head out of its ass and start testing people asap.

THIS is the issue. Discovering patients who have had no known contact for other carriers takes this to another level. There are carriers out there showing no signs yet. 

On posty's scale of 0 to 100, my panic level is probably around 25 right now.  If it gets much higher, I''m going to start watching Fox News for a while to get it back down, since they're pretending it's not a problem as per Herr Trump.

1 minute ago, Meglamaniac said:

The misinformation/disinformation/lies that you continually post and that are continually pointed out are far from "facts". 

No matter how many times you make this claim they are still not going to be facts, you're just pushing forward crap that's been proven over and over to be crap

Stick around. 

17 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Where else is it in the US that we do not know about. Our government needs to get its head out of its ass and start testing people asap.

Who should we test?  Everyone?

31 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Facts.  Lol. It’s your truth I guess.  

Hopefully one of the local junkies gets a sniffle so that they round up the entire homeless camp! 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Who should we test?  Everyone?

People that have symptoms: fever, dry cough, without a runny nose.  It is here in multiple cities, but we do not know where. How do they know which schools to shut down, where people should be working from home, etc.