Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's things like this that scumbags and idiots are blaming Trump.  Whether they are right in doing so or not, they expect to see some leadership from him.

Fixed for scientific accuracy 

Just now, drobeski said:

Fixed for scientific accuracy 

Whatever makes you feel better, drobeski.

Is it true that the World Health Organization put together a test kit for countries and the US declined it?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Whatever makes you feel better, drobeski.

Is it true that the World Health Organization put together a test kit for countries and the US declined it?

Not sure what's fredo have to say about it ? 

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's things like this that people are blaming Trump.  Whether they are right in doing so or not, they expect to see some leadership from him.

I don't blame Trump specifically, but our government should be providing some better work in this fundamental item.  Get the focking tests out there.  If we are such a great nation, how the fock can we not even get that basic step covered?  If Trump is so good at getting stuff done, then this should be a slam dunk for him.  

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I don't blame Trump specifically, but our government should be providing some better work in this fundamental item.  Get the focking tests out there.  If we are such a great nation, how the fock can we not even get that basic step covered?  If Trump is so good at getting stuff done, then this should be a slam dunk for him.  

It's not a good look for him.  He doesn't look prepared to handle this.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

It's not a good look for him.  He doesn't look prepared to handle this.

This doesn't look good for you. You dont look prepared to see reality.  

• Like 2

Just now, drobeski said:

This doesn't look good for you. You dont look prepared to see reality.  

Good one.

57 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's things like this that people are blaming Trump.  Whether they are right in doing so or not, they expect to see some leadership from him.

Those people are idiots.

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Ha.  Right.  This will cancel too. 

For the last time

EVERYTHING IS BEING CANCELLED....

ANY GROUPING OF PEOPLE...ALL OF THEM..NO EXCEPTIONS..ALL CANCELLED..

Get it through your heads kids.

This is happening. 

This uber panicked neighbor of mine (34B) was telling my wife how they bough the last big thing of toilet paper and bottled water at Costco yesterday.  Not two minutes later she was saying they went to Chick-Fil-A after shopping with her kids and let them play in the playground.  You know that germ pit of balls?

This is how people think.  Dumbasses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

You have always been a weird guy...But your obsession with this is just focked up. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This uber panicked neighbor of mine (34B) was telling my wife how they bough the last big thing of toilet paper and bottled water at Costco yesterday.  Not two minutes later she was saying they went to Chick-Fil-A after shopping with her kids and let them play in the playground.  You know that germ pit of balls?

This is how people think.  Dumbasses. 

Kids should consider themselves lucky if COVID-19 is the only thing they catch! 

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

You have always been a weird guy...But your obsession with this is just focked up. 

With what ? Fake news ? Yeah it bugs me, they prey on the dumb. 

• Like 1

Just now, drobeski said:

With what ? Fake news ? Yeah it bugs me, they prey on the dumb. 

Ok man..You will be the fake news guy..Everyone else will talk about the virus.

Good call.

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Good call.

Watch out!!  The sky just missed you.  Close call, get back inside!

FOCK!   So I've told you guys how my wife's school district made the decision to shut down and switch to online.  That's been working just fine for everyone.  Now that Inslee just ordered schools in 3 counties to shut down our district has to STOP teaching via online since other districts can't provide the same services and/or have too many non English speaking kids that wouldn't be able to handle online only. 

Too bad our district passes levies to ensure we provide top notch teaching and technology.  Screw the kids that actually want to learn just because it wouldn't be "equitable" for kids that probably don't give two sh1ts about getting an education. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

FOCK!   So I've told you guys how my wife's school district made the decision to shut down and switch to online.  That's been working just fine for everyone.  Now that Inslee just ordered schools in 3 counties to shut down our district has to STOP teaching via online since other districts can't provide the same services and/or have too many non English speaking kids that wouldn't be able to handle online only. 

Too bad our district passes levies to ensure we provide top notch teaching and technology.  Screw the kids that actually want to learn just because it wouldn't be "equitable" for kids that probably don't give two sh1ts about getting an education. 

Wow.  Can you direct to where I can read about this?  Can you post the memo you received why your kids can’t continue learning online?

4 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Michigan schools are now closed til April 6.  Spring Break was supposed to start April 6, so that is tentatively cancelled.  My guess is they will change course and tack that extra week on when the time comes.  

So, my kids go in today to get their iPads and chrome books, etc.  while the school scrambles to put together some lessons online and via email.  

I don’t usually draw large crowds at work, but I need to make a decision about staying open or not. 

My wife is going to talk to her employer about working remotely today when she goes in.  

Headed to Wal Mart now for a last ditch stock up effort. 

Well, that didn't take long.  They just announced that Spring Break will go on as planned from April 6-10.  That means my kids won't return to school until at least April 13.  As a kid, getting a month off of school is a dream come true.  Some working parents are going to struggle though. 

My kids are old enough to stay by themselves and I work less than 5 min from home.  I can be there in a snap if needed.  Plus, my MIL is now there most of the time, so it's not a problem for us.  We are in the minority.

Unless they can work remotely, lots of working parents are either going to have to miss work or take PTO in order to be home with their kids for the next month.  It's not like the day care centers are gonna open their doors to them.  I suspect they'll all be closing as well.  We are in a small district.  WTF are the big cities and towns in MI going to do?  The ripple effect on the economy is going to be pretty strong. 

11 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Wow.  Can you direct to where I can read about this?  Can you post the memo you received why your kids can’t continue learning online?

It was in an email my wife received from her superintendent.    I'll see if there is an official posting on the school district website. 

BREAKING: President Trump to declare a national emergency over coronavirus to speed up the response to the outbreak; news conference at 3 p.m. ET - Bloomberg
10:33 AM · Mar 13, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:
BREAKING: President Trump to declare a national emergency over coronavirus to speed up the response to the outbreak; news conference at 3 p.m. ET - Bloomberg
10:33 AM · Mar 13, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Good.  Should have been done earlier in the week.  

Miami's mayor announced he tested positive for it now.

According to the Washington Post, cases in the DC region are doubling every 48 hours.  I think that's to be expected as more and more people get tested.  There are a lot of people who have it and don't know yet.

From WNEM TV5 website:

Flint Mayor Sheldon Neeley declared a State of Emergency within the city due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Neeley said the State of Emergency is to help get funding from the state government.

The funding is in part to help turn water back on for residents who had water turned off due to unpaid bills.

The city will be turning water back on at homes where people are living and occupying a home.

Neeley is asking residents to still pay their bills and try to pay any back bills.

The city has also suspended all nonessential meetings at city.

Any meetings deemed "essential" aren't allowed to have more than 30 people. Neeley said the public is still welcome to participate in public meetings through Facebook and other livestreams.

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Good call.

Mike, quit being ignorant.  Did you watch the video? If so, how can you possibly deny the hypocrisy of the fake news networks? Seriously man, buck up and face the facts. The media/ Democrats are politicizing this thing. The problem is they can't run away from the internet proof. They call Trump racist for things they have said themselves.  Wake the fock up!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, joneo said:

Mike, quit being ignorant.  Did you watch the video? If so, how can you possibly deny the hypocrisy of the fake news networks? Seriously man, buck up and face the facts. The media/ Democrats are politicizing this thing. The problem is they can't run away from the internet proof. They call Trump racist for things they have said themselves.  Wake the fock up!

Fake news is everywhere..No doubt. I can proudly stand behind my disgust for CNN.  I have never come close to wavering on that.

But...this thing in my opinion is bad man...And that's not CNN telling me so..It's my own common sense.

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Fake news is everywhere..No doubt. I can proudly stand behind my disgust for CNN.  I have never come close to wavering on that.

But...this thing in my opinion is bad man...And that's not CNN telling me so..It's my own common sense.

I'm confused. Can you clarify what is bad?

2 minutes ago, joneo said:

I'm confused. Can you clarify what is bad?

Sure.

The uncontrolled spread of the virus

The panic by people 

The complete and total shutdown of the world leading to a catastrophic collapse of the global economy

The millions of people that will die

The overburdening of the health care system already taking place and expected to get much much worse.

Just now, supermike80 said:

Sure.

The panic by people 

The complete and total shutdown of the world leading to a catastrophic collapse of the global economy

The overburdening of the health care system already taking place and expected to get much much worse.

Millions?

Just now, KayJay1971 said:

Millions?

Yes..Millions.   

I can't keep saying it..I respect that many of you feel this is minor..That's totally cool and I hope you are right.  However I'm watching this spread.  Exponentially. There really hasn't been much of a slow down.  It goes from little or no confirmed cases to thousands overnight.  Now to me that does not mean these folks all of a sudden got it last night.  It means they got it, had it, and spread it..It clearly spreads easily.  

Again, its the damn flu..It will act like the flu does.  You'll get sick and get over it.  But not everyone..I believe this will spread to billions of people, and with that it will lead to millions dying because of it.

That's my opinion.   

I'm confident there won't be millions of people dying. 

I'd set the upper bound at about 1 million worldwide with the more likely scenario being about 150k dying worldwide.  The measures that people are going to will limit deaths.  It'll fock up the economy good and proper, but it'll limit the death toll.

If we did nothing?  Yes, I could see us breaching a million.

23 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Sure.

The panic by people 

ok... I thought you were responding to the video that was pointing out the hypocrisy of the media /Democrats . 

1 minute ago, joneo said:

ok... I thought you were responding to the video that was pointing out the hypocrisy of the media /Democrats . 

I like how Don complained about Democrats politicizing the pandemic before blaming Obungler. 

Lowest common denominator. Par for the course for him.

35 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Yes..Millions.   

I can't keep saying it..I respect that many of you feel this is minor..That's totally cool and I hope you are right.  However I'm watching this spread.  Exponentially. There really hasn't been much of a slow down.  It goes from little or no confirmed cases to thousands overnight.  Now to me that does not mean these folks all of a sudden got it last night.  It means they got it, had it, and spread it..It clearly spreads easily.  

Again, its the damn flu..It will act like the flu does.  You'll get sick and get over it.  But not everyone..I believe this will spread to billions of people, and with that it will lead to millions dying because of it.

That's my opinion.   

Whys it going so well in South Korea? Singapore? 

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

Whys it going so well in South Korea? Singapore

Because they're Trumping up and getting done!

Just now, drobeski said:

Whys it going so well in South Korea? Singapore? 

There are currently almost 8000 cases in South Korea.  WTF are you talking about?

Is it leveling out?  Maybe..too early to tell but right now signs are positive.  Doesn't mean it wont spike right back up in a week.

But it's not too early to tell it spread like CRAZY and now 8K have it

Jeez youre dumb.  Stop man..Just focus on your reporting of the media.  You seem to enjoy that.  Let the smarter ones discuss the actual events OK?

Just now, supermike80 said:

There are currently almost 8000 cases in South Korea.  WTF are you talking about?

Is it leveling out?  Maybe..too early to tell but right now signs are positive.  Doesn't mean it wont spike right back up in a week.

But it's not too early to tell it spread like CRAZY and now 8K have it

Jeez youre dumb.  Stop man..Just focus on your reporting of the media.  You seem to enjoy that.  Let the smarter ones discuss the actual events OK?

Yes and the mortality rate in South Korea,  panic stricken smart guy ?