Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

23 hours ago, Voltaire said:

China has gotten things under control in a month and a half. January 22nd was when things got serious and then maybe two weeks ago I think things got pretty much settled. I mean, we're still not out of it, but that's due to an abundance of caution. That's not to excuse the two months of fock ups and threatening doctors and ignoring the problem that led up to January 22nd, but since things blew up, they've done a good job. China has gone to extreme measures. other countries are having success too: Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Singapore have also stepped up with methods that could be more reasonably done in the US.

Anyway, I think the US's January 22nd was yesterday. Things had to get to a point that it was bad enough that people would take it seriously. Now, everything's flipped and people are taking action. So, hopefully by the end of April things'll calm down and then May will start to come back together again.

All of China is stable, and the case loads are going down, especially outside of Hubei but even Hubei itself. Hubei is only getting like 3-4 new cases a day while, at the same time, people are recovering in great numbers; they're taking hundreds/thousands off the infected roles every day. The rest of China isn't getting any new cases at all.

I'm optomistic and expect things to return to normal pretty soon.

I don't see it playing out the same way in the states. The government goes not have the ability to implement the measures that were done here. There isn't already a large force of doormen and security guards to do the checkpoints and enforce quarantine. Dipsh!ts like Digby in the US are gonna keep doing their thing.

Now, the US isn't as densely populated, and is cleaner. But that doesn't seem to be helping Italy. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I don't see it playing out the same way in the states. 

You're a problem. STFU. You're a fear monger 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Just as a reference, the poster most aligned with your line of thinking is Digby34.  Food for thought. Not saying we should be prepping like it’s the walking dead, but it’s not nothing like you and he are claiming. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Yeah. You're right. Multiple countries have been utterly shut down over this. But I'm sure America is special. Italy didn't take it seriously and look at them now.

I'm not saying to panic. But I'm still seeing people having parties and going to bars and stuff. That's just focking dumb. 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yeah. You're right. Multiple countries have been utterly shut down over this. But I'm sure America is special. Italy didn't take it seriously and look at them now.

I'm not saying to panic. But I'm still seeing people having parties and going to bars and stuff. That's just focking dumb. 

That's the thing that I don't get. 

China tried to do nothing.  Their hospitals got overrun and they had to build more focking hospitals just to treat everyone.

Singapore and South Korea jumped on that sh¡t like white on rice.  They contained the situation.

Italy tried to do the bare minimum.  They got overrun and now they're shutting down the whole country.

Iran tried to pretend it wasn't happening, and now they have one of the highest mortality rates in the world.

But here in the US, if someone buys some hand sanitizer, they're a fear monger and stupid.  The 5 cases to choose from that say if you don't jump on this , it gets out of hand quick, and frat boys want to say we should just pretend it's nothing because it's been here for 4 weeks and only 50 people die.  Meanwhile every epidemiologist in the country says we should take it seriously, but yeah, I'm sure Italy kneecapped their economy because they were panicking.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

That's the thing that I don't get. 

China tried to do nothing.  Their hospitals got overrun and they had to build more focking hospitals just to treat everyone.

Singapore and South Korea jumped on that sh¡t like white on rice.  They contained the situation.

Italy tried to do the bare minimum.  They got overrun and now they're shutting down the whole country.

Iran tried to pretend it wasn't happening, and now they have one of the highest mortality rates in the world.

But here in the US, if someone buys some hand sanitizer, they're a fear monger and stupid.  The 5 cases to choose from that say if you don't jump on this , it gets out of hand quick, and frat boys want to say we should just pretend it's nothing because it's been here for 4 weeks and only 50 people die.  Meanwhile every epidemiologist in the country says we should take it seriously, but yeah, I'm sure Italy kneecapped their economy because they were panicking.

People in Italy are begging the rest of the world not to follow their mistakes.

Meanwhile America is testing next to nobody.

It's gonna be an ugly month or two im afraid. 

Speaking of Italy,

- 300k Chinese immigrants, heavily concentrated in the north where their problems began, right after Chinese New Year

- oldest population in Europe, older people are more likely to die due to weak immune systems and underlying conditions

- shitty/inadequate healthcare system, led to infected people not getting proper care and dying, uninfected people being infected at the hospital

- multigenerational housing, healthy infected people under 60 infecting their older relatives

- kissing culture, increasing the spread due to direct contact

- Super Spreader, they had one dude infect over 1,000 people

15 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Speaking of Italy,

- 300k Chinese immigrants, heavily concentrated in the north where their problems began, right after Chinese New Year

- oldest population in Europe, older people are more likely to die due to weak immune systems and underlying conditions

- shitty/inadequate healthcare system, led to infected people not getting proper care and dying, uninfected people being infected at the hospital

- multigenerational housing, healthy infected people under 60 infecting their older relatives

- kissing culture, increasing the spread due to direct contact

- Super Spreader, they had one dude infect over 1,000 people

Of China, Korea, the US and Italy. The US has less hospital beds per capita of all. 

It also has the least accessible health care.

Im already reading stories where people call in sick with fever, sore throat, and headache. They get fired. Can't get tested because the US isn't testing really. 

There is no doubt that the real number of cases is drastically higher than the confirmed number, since no real effort is being made to confirm.

My dumbass sister, who just found out that we inherited the lung condition that just killed our mother, had a party at her house last night for their friends. All the kids including my one year old nephew played happily.

Thats just focking dumb. Sorry if that's fear mongering, but dumb. 

• Like 1

Italy's health system is on par with the US's if not better.  If they couldn't handle letting COVID run while, we won't be able to handle it either.

4 hours ago, nobody said:

Italy's health system is on par with the US's if not better.  If they couldn't handle letting COVID run while, we won't be able to handle it either.

It is ? Dont they have socialized healthcare  ? 

6 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Italy is not treating anyone over 80 who needs assistance. They are going to be left for dead or to recover on their own. 

5 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Of China, Korea, the US and Italy. The US has less hospital beds per capita of all. 

It also has the least accessible health care.

Im already reading stories where people call in sick with fever, sore throat, and headache. They get fired. Can't get tested because the US isn't testing really. 

There is no doubt that the real number of cases is drastically higher than the confirmed number, since no real effort is being made to confirm.

My dumbass sister, who just found out that we inherited the lung condition that just killed our mother, had a party at her house last night for their friends. All the kids including my one year old nephew played happily.

Thats just focking dumb. Sorry if that's fear mongering, but dumb. 

If the U.S. were testing, they couldn't do anything about it.  That is why they aren't.

50 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

If the U.S. were testing, they couldn't do anything about it.  That is why they aren't.

They could quarantine the positives at least, rather than let them walk around infecting others. 

18 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

:first:

My favorite youtube boomer made it on fox news

58 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

They could quarantine the positives at least, rather than let them walk around infecting others. 

:lol: Are you serious? The ACLU would go crazy. Never happen.

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol: Are you serious? The ACLU would go crazy. Never happen.

Happens all the time in hospitals. You think if you test positive for ebola or some other nasty sh!t you have the option of walking out the door? 

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Happens all the time in hospitals. You think if you test positive for ebola or some other nasty sh!t you have the option of walking out the door? 

This 'Merica though.  We are incompetent and are storing ppl thought to be infected in rundown Motel 6's where they can just walk away, hop on a city bus and go shoplifting for the day.

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Ummm. Where are we doing all these tests? 

Just now, fandandy said:

This 'Merica though.  We are incompetent and are storing ppl thought to be infected in rundown Motel 6's where they can just walk away, hop on a city and go shoplifting for the day.

Oh it certainly seems that, in spite of the fact that the US got 2 months of warning, we got caught with out pants down. I won't dispute that for a minute. And yes, it is a bigger challenge to contain in a free society. South Korea had just finished gaming out a plan right before this happened, so they had a plan. 

And our toxic politics plays a role to. Our "leaders" cant even address something like this without bullish!t partisan games. 

7 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh it certainly seems that, in spite of the fact that the US got 2 months of warning, we got caught with out pants down. I won't dispute that for a minute. And yes, it is a bigger challenge to contain in a free society. South Korea had just finished gaming out a plan right before this happened, so they had a plan. 

And our toxic politics plays a role to. Our "leaders" cant even address something like this without bullish!t partisan games. 

I argued with someone in this thread way early about how it was going to play out.  We have this unwarranted rah-rah mentality when in actuality we pretty much suck.

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

We aren't, which is the main focking problem at the moment. 

We can't. We won't. The entire process is logistically impossible in our society. Like everything else in America we rely on personal responsibility.

The world gone mad!

4 days into this madness and I am already losing my mind with boredom. No sports, nothing to watch but corona virus talk :cry:

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

4 days into this madness and I am already losing my mind with boredom. No sports, nothing to watch but corona virus talk :cry:

This.  100% this.

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

I'm over a month in. Left the house 4 times. After a week or two you just kinda go numb. 

17 minutes ago, edjr said:

Do you like cycling?  I can give you my NBC gold cycling password and you can rewatch all of last year's Tour de France.  

From a CNN interview: (I'll listen to him more some of you dopes.)

Keilar asked, “Are you thinking that hundreds of thousands of Americans could die from this?”

Fauci said, “I say that, and it sometimes gets taken out of context. We have to be realistic and honest. Yes, it is possible. Our job, our challenge, is to try and make that not happen. But to think, if we go about our daily lives and not worry about anything, that it’s not going to happen, it could happen, and it could be worse. To me, that’s a real impetus to take very seriously the kind of things. I might make a point that people sometimes think that you’re overreacting. I like it when people are thinking I’m overreacting because that means we’re doing it just right.”

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

From a CNN interview: (I'll listen to him more some of you dopes.)

Keilar asked, “Are you thinking that hundreds of thousands of Americans could die from this?”

Fauci said, “I say that, and it sometimes gets taken out of context. We have to be realistic and honest. Yes, it is possible. Our job, our challenge, is to try and make that not happen. But to think, if we go about our daily lives and not worry about anything, that it’s not going to happen, it could happen, and it could be worse. To me, that’s a real impetus to take very seriously the kind of things. I might make a point that people sometimes think that you’re overreacting. I like it when people are thinking I’m overreacting because that means we’re doing it just right.”

Our country doesn't suck. These people suck. 

• Like 1

Really important Fauci quote there. After watching him several more times, I understand why Volty was appreciating him.

As far as staying in, I find myself on Twitter too much, but I love the fact I have time for some cleaning/organizing projects, and might get to refurbishing a desk. The thing that is difficult is procrastinating with my actual job. There's definitely enough of it to avoid boredom.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Our country doesn't suck. These people suck. 

Trump 2020 is gonna have a huge... Us vs. The media that caused our country to lose trillions and made you all horde TP.

I think this at the beginning was a lib media attempt to make him look bad... and it got away from them.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, edjr said:

It’s 11:19 am and I’m having my first beer.  I think that says enough.

Fauci really thinks we need to take this more seriously.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-anthony-fauci-gives-americans-145044726.html

The question is you want to bring down and hunker down everywhere, even more so,” he added. “Everybody has to get involved in distancing themselves socially. If you are in an area where there’s clear community spread, you have to be much, much more intense about how you do that.”

Host Chuck Todd, meanwhile, wanted to know if Fauci would call for a national 14-day shutdown to slow the spread, particularly if the federal government could treat this as a natural disaster and give people money for the basics.

“You know, I would prefer as much as we possibly could,” Fauci replied. “I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting.”

He also said that he had made this view known within the administration, adding that Americans should be prepared for more closures.

19 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Trump 2020 is gonna have a huge... Us vs. The media that caused our country to lose trillions and made you all horde TP.

I think this at the beginning was a lib media attempt to make him look bad... and it got away from them.

You think all of the other countries in the world are in on this?

54 minutes ago, edjr said:

I watched 7 hours of UFC yesterday.

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Fauci really thinks we need to take this more seriously.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-anthony-fauci-gives-americans-145044726.html

The question is you want to bring down and hunker down everywhere, even more so,” he added. “Everybody has to get involved in distancing themselves socially. If you are in an area where there’s clear community spread, you have to be much, much more intense about how you do that.”

Host Chuck Todd, meanwhile, wanted to know if Fauci would call for a national 14-day shutdown to slow the spread, particularly if the federal government could treat this as a natural disaster and give people money for the basics.

“You know, I would prefer as much as we possibly could,” Fauci replied. “I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting.”

He also said that he had made this view known within the administration, adding that Americans should be prepared for more closures.

This makes some sense to me.  Maybe they let the initial run on grocery stores play out over the last few days so we could be supplied for the impending 14 day shutdown?