Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

6 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Oh, right, .1 then. The one that means 10x.

Wait I thought you were quoting Fauci?  Are you just making numbers up that fit a narrative? 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Wait I thought you were quoting Fauci?  Are you just making numbers up that fit a narrative? 

No, he said what I meant to say. I messed up the numbers, obviously. 

38 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Make sure you have pet food...   that aisle was full..

Might want to fatten up those pets... yummo

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

If you have bought into that nonsense there is no use discussing anything.

I've been to hospitals here and overseas.  We have plenty of shìtty hospitals.

I really think that we need to shut economy down, close all restaurants/small businesses and fund the employees through a short term stimulation/unemployment.

The actions we are taking thus far are not enough.

People will not rest until this gets treated like Motaba from Outbreak. They envision body bags lining the streets and military war zones. At nursing homes, yes that’s what it could be like.

• Like 1

1800 dead in Italy. 25pct jump in the last 24. 

7 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Ummm. Where are we doing all these tests? 

We were up to testing 2500+ daily over the last week. 500k tests are being distributed nationwide for testing this week.

The "we're not testing anyone" meme is played out.

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

1800 dead in Italy. 25pct jump in the last 24. 

They seem to be getting hit the hardest for some reason.

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Or they are the only country letting let this run wild and telling the truth. China was burning bodies in Wuhan and not reporting everything, Iran is covering it up, etc.

South Korea is slowing it down as much as possible, but if you compare the recovered/dead it is close to 8% mortality rate even there.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I read they had a lot of Chinese tourists over the Chinese holiday. 

Sounds like some sort of nationwide shutdown coming tomorrow.  Possibly bars and restaurants and non essential businesses?  

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Sounds like some sort of nationwide shutdown coming tomorrow.  Possibly bars and restaurants and non essential businesses?  

I hope so, it is about time.

5 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I can see that. 

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

I can see that. 

I cut my hours starting today and am not having any employees work until this all shakes out but I am wondering to myself what will be considered essential?  I am a convenience store and am assuming that "essential" will be considered a Walmart type of store and quite honestly am hoping so so that I can close without repercussions from pissed off customers.  I placed a liquor order last Friday for delivery this Tuesday and Wednesday and was wondering at the time if I should do that.  I guess I will find out tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I cut my hours starting today and am not having any employees work until this all shakes out but I am wondering to myself what will be considered essential?  I am a convenience store and am assuming that "essential" will be considered a Walmart type of store and quite honestly am hoping so so that I can close without repercussions from pissed off customers.  I placed a liquor order last Friday for delivery this Tuesday and Wednesday and was wondering at the time if I should do that.  I guess I will find out tomorrow.

Tough spot to be in for sure.  I’ll buy some of that wine off ya if you can ship it down here somehow.  

I can close to the public for a couple of weeks without much problem.   

I’d like to be able to take deliveries and perform installs during that time, but I’m not sure we will be allowed or if trucks will even be running.  

Several of our installs are in non-occupied homes so I don’t think it’s high risk.  

We could postpone any others for awhile if needed.  

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Medical journal publishing a study that the mortality rate is closer to 6%.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30195-X/fulltext

Based on assuming they didn't know the person was infected 2 weeks prior but leaving those who survived without knowing they were infected 2 weeks earlier out. Seriously? Garbage in, garbage out is the theme of Covid stats these days.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Massachusetts cases more than doubled in one day. They are closing schools and other places where people gather.

Is your mom's bedroom impacted?

40 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I don’t think so. She has stage 4 cancer, so I doubt she will be going out.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it works out. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope it works out. 

Thanks. She has had it for a while and she is doing well, but who knows how things will work out. 

Lot of rumors going around about big time changes coming tomorrow. National shutdown, grounding of flights, curfew, etc.

May want to mentally prepare for that.

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Lot of rumors going around about big time changes coming tomorrow. National shutdown, grounding of flights, curfew, etc.

Doesn't seem right.  Why would we be going so far out of our way to save a few thousand sick old people?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

Definitely happening. States are doing it anyway and the Fed needs to deal with the interstate issues

22 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Definitely happening. States are doing it anyway and the Fed needs to deal with the interstate issues

Hopefully that means my scheduled flights are fully refunded as well as the insurance for my trip.

The president should declare martial law. No travel. International,  Intrastate or locally. You have 48 hours to get whee you are gonna go and not leave. 

19 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Hopefully that means my scheduled flights are fully refunded as well as the insurance for my trip.

Unless you are on Spirit Airlines, you should be fine

21 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Canceled on Jet Blue over the weekend. Got a credit for future flights 

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Unless you are on Spirit Airlines, you should be fine

As of Friday, I was only being offered a 75% refund for United and air Tahiti.

8 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

link?
How many with the flu go to ICU, it would nice to be able to compare.

They are both URIs and deaths from the flu greatly outnumber the Coronavirus deaths. This may change but we will never know. There is nothing wrong with comparing death rates from URIs. 

Considering this strain of the Coronavirus is new, I would say it's unfair to compare death totals. Shouldn't we consider standard flu death rate and current Corona death rate? Flu is less than 1%, Corona over 3%

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

Considering this strain of the Coronavirus is new, I would say it's unfair to compare death totals. Shouldn't we consider standard flu death rate and current Corona death rate? Flu is less than 1%, Corona over 3%

It is the same bullshit that happens with H1N1 comparisons. The numbers for COVID 19 are just starting and those others are after it is done. Talk to me in 6 months with this virus.

Why the fuk is ANOTHER cruise ship anchored looking for a port?  Who tha fuk goes thru with a cruise after recent fiascos with ships?  Reap what u sow.