Patriotsfatboy1

Kobe Bryant - Dead in helicopter crash

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

I wonder if the helicopter ran out of gas since it dropped so fast? I wonder why they lost contact?

Also, please note that the helicopter had a lot of debris everywhere. Yet, 9/11 no debris with the plane that was downed in PA.

where is the "biting tongue" emoji?

😛?

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

First of all, lol. Second, Philly fans hate anyone that wins, because they have done so little of it.  Very little. 

Nailed it

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, posty said:

I wonder if the nine people on board knew that they were going to die or was it quick and they had no time to process it...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28572984/helicopter-carrying-kobe-bryant-made-climbing-turn-rapid-dive

After reading this, I would venture to guess that the passengers probably did not know that the end was near...

John Altobelli, his wife Kerri and daughter all perished. What's worse is that they leave behind a daughter and son. I am hoping the mother of the son (not Kerri) will step in and care for the surviving daughter. You just never know.....

Reports are that they recovered the black box, and it appears Kobe overpowered the pilot and crashed the helicopter himself.  The recordings indicate that he was upset that he ceded third place on the NBA all time scoring list to LeBron James a night earlier.

Do we look at Kobe differently than Jeffrey Epstein simply because only two 13 year olds went down on his helicopter?

• Sad 1

Is it true Snoop Dogg's grandson was the pilot?

There was no Black Box.

I don't know anything about helicopters, is that normal?

53 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

There was no Black Box.

Fighting urge to joke about this....

7 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Fighting urge to joke about this....

His daughter was too young. So.....:nono:

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

There was no Black Box.

Maybe Kobe used a white box just to stick it to the man?

One of the guys here who is a pilot says odds are the pilot got disoriented while climbing in the fog and rolled it over sending it crashing into the hillside at 190 mph. He said even an experienced pilot in those conditions could panic and its game over. Sounds logical seeing that everyone else said no way they were taking an aircraft up.

Why didn't the just land it somewhere. I've been in a small helicopter only once and a storm came out of no where, the pilot was freaking saying 'turn the vents around, i gotta drop this to the ground fast." Seems he was scared sh1tless. Inside of cabin was fogging up. I had no idea since it was my first time in one. Power lines were all around us too. Dropped it down right behind a convenient store. Now I see why he was that scared. 

So now Planters isn't going to kill off mr. Peanut because of Kobe's death?  :doh:

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

So now Planters isn't going to kill off mr. Peanut because of Kobe's death?  :doh:

Thank you Kobe for taking one for Team Peanut.

Kobe and Vanessa had vowed to never fly in a helicopter together :o

:cry:

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Did anyone see this? Whoooops

I changed the name of my fantasy football team because of this. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cruzer said:

There was no Black Box.

Vanessa was white?

5 hours ago, Cruzer said:

How do people even get stuff like this so fast?

I'd say with a drone.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cruzer said:

How do people even get stuff like this so fast?

TMZ has pictures of the chopper completely engulfed in flames.  Just saw them...Wow

Any pics of the burnt bodies?

On 1/27/2020 at 1:51 PM, peenie said:

John Altobelli, his wife Kerri and daughter all perished. What's worse is that they leave behind a daughter and son. I am hoping the mother of the son (not Kerri) will step in and care for the surviving daughter. You just never know.....

Ah yes the famous John Altobelli.   Never heard of him.

Oh, wait. Now I have.  So has the rest of America. 

Only because of Kobe. 

I'm sure John was a great guy, but he is only getting  coverage and "known" because he was "aboard the same helicopter that Kobe was" Which, is sad, because his life was JUST as valuable before we heard of him.  But on the outside, its now a bigger deal "because Kobe"

America's infatuation with celebrities is maddening.  What did Justin Bieber do today?  Did you see Kobe's new haircut?   Oh my, I heard Ryan Seacrest is mad a Kim Kardashian. 

So here we have concern for someone because they were with someone that we "feel like we know".  But really, Kobe, Bieber, Seacrest, Kardashian...well.... you, me.. have ZERO in common with them.  ZZZZEEEEERRRRROOOOOO.  They give ZERO fawks about you.  But yet, our heart strings are tugged because, well, we know Kobe. He's great friend.   We rubbed elbows with him in our mind. 

In summary, its no more tragic that Kobe died than it was that John Altobelli died or that Jerry Becker died. 

• Thanks 1

You've missed the point. It's tragic that a child, their daughter, lost both parents and a sibling. She basically has lost her entire nuclear family. She has a half brother and hopefully grandparents. My post had nothing to do with fame.

35 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Only because of Kobe. 

I'm sure John was a great guy, but he is only getting  coverage and "known" because he was "aboard the same helicopter that Kobe was" Which, is sad, because his life was JUST as valuable before we heard of him.  But on the outside, its now a bigger deal "because Kobe"

America's infatuation with celebrities is maddening.  What did Justin Bieber do today?  Did you see Kobe's new haircut?   Oh my, I heard Ryan Seacrest is mad a Kim Kardashian. 

So here we have concern for someone because they were with someone that we "feel like we know".  But really, Kobe, Bieber, Seacrest, Kardashian...well.... you, me.. have ZERO in common with them.  ZZZZEEEEERRRRROOOOOO.  They give ZERO fawks about you.  But yet, our heart strings are tugged because, well, we know Kobe. He's great friend.   We rubbed elbows with him in our mind. 

In summary, its no more tragic that Kobe died than it was that John Altobelli died or that Jerry Becker died. 

I was listening to a radio talk show yesterday and some random person called in and was saying they felt like they lost a close family member when Bryant died even though they didn't know him. The others that died.....not a mention. Except for the daughter of course because she was Bryant's kid.

Talk about being lost in life.... :mellow:

27 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Only because of Kobe. 

It literally has nothing to do with that at all. You're confusing knowing a person and knowing about a person. We know about kobe.

Many of us watched him literally grow up before our eyes playing basketball. Inspired millions to not only play but raised their game in the way they approached the game. 

Heck I even learned a ton from his mind of kobe videos he did breaking down players. 

And then just who he was becoming as a father. That's the part that hits us the most.

And that's no disrespect to the others that died but you certainly can understand why many of us feel a connection to him because he inspired us in one way or the other, or entertained us in 1 way or the other. When that's gone there is bound to be a certain sadness that goes with that. 

I'm certainly sad he passed away but I'm even more sad his daughter was with him. As a father of 3 girls it kills me to think of those 2 in their last moments. 

16 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Trump would be impeached for this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Only because of Kobe. 

This touched on a point I saw on social media last night.

This one particular woman (in a thread about Kobe and his daughter) was going on and on and on and on about how there were 7 others who perished on that chopper.

I was like, yes there were......and nobody is keeping YOU from starting a thread about them too. Of course she never did.

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

TMZ has pictures of the chopper completely engulfed in flames.  Just saw them...Wow

Oh really? Wow - that has to be a horrible site.

On 1/26/2020 at 4:24 PM, Fireballer said:

Big oof if this is legit.  Sounds like she tried to say Knicks at first.  Or she is a closet grand wizard.:nono:

17 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Yes.   

I actually accidentally mix up words ALL THE TIME. However, she didn't make a mistake. She pretended to make a mistake. There is no "igger" in Knicks, Laker nor Knaker.

I wonder if they'll have a televised funeral? I wonder if they'll have his closest close teammates carry in the casket? 

17 minutes ago, peenie said:

I wonder if they'll have a televised funeral? I wonder if they'll have his closest close teammates carry in the casket? 

casket?  Probably more like a thimble.  

too soon?  :unsure:

• Like 1

Kobe said he would be a kneeler if he still played. Regardless, RIP. I have to say, he would have been a much more intelligent representative for the kneelers than that illiterate moron Kaepernick.  

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Kobe said he would be a kneeler if he still played. Regardless, RIP. I have to say, he would have been a much more intelligent representative for the kneelers than that illiterate moron Kaepernick.  

Good thing that never happened. Last thing this country needed was someone actually good at their sport kneeling. 

I read that Kobe didn't have any really close friends due to his work ethic.

20 minutes ago, peenie said:

I read that Kobe didn't have any really close friends due to his work ethic.

I read something similar, which also gave the nuance that he simply demanded more out of people....like a leader always does....its tough to be a true leader, you are often disliked....

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

I read something similar, which also gave the nuance that he simply demanded more out of people....like a leader always does....its tough to be a true leader, you are often disliked....

Just like Hitler.  :(

6 hours ago, peenie said:

I actually accidentally mix up words ALL THE TIME. However, she didn't make a mistake. She pretended to make a mistake. There is no "igger" in Knicks, Laker nor Knaker.

I actually heard knaker.