Patriotsfatboy1

Kobe Bryant - Dead in helicopter crash

First Dunkel now Kobe.  Could this recent period of time get any worse?  :(

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

My momma taught me something when I was 12 years old.  In someone’s in a time of grief or sadness (i.e. death), if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say nothing at all.

i learned that at 12.  How old of some of you farts? 

So shush about Gacy.

19 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

My momma taught me something when I was 12 years old.  In someone’s in a time of grief or sadness (i.e. death), if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say nothing at all.

i learned that at 12.  How old are some of you farts? 

Yeah, you’re right. I hope his family doesn’t read any of this stuff written at the geek club.  Eye roll. 

56 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

i learned that at 12.  How old are some of you farts? 

Yeah, I don’t think that flies when half the universe is holding Kobe up as some sort of superhero and supreme human being when there are serious concerns about those rape allegations. 

He was great at basketball. Ok. He was a father who lost a daughter in this tragedy and left other family members devastated and grieving.  Acknowledged.

But:

It’s hypocritical for the entire entertainment industry to honor Kobe in the wake of this whole #metoo movement.  

He choke focked a 19 yr old girl against her will  

Here’s his official statement after the victim decided not to pursue criminal charges.  

Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

He was also married at the time, so his legacy deserves whatever his past behaviors dictate.  

And if you’re “in a time of grief” over a dead pro basketball player who you’ve never met and have no personal connection to, you may want to re-examine your life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

That "fake" rape case cost him a lot of cash.

As I recall, he ended up settling not only with the victim, but his wife bit off a bog chunk as well. 

Sometimes one of the rich has to die like this to remind the rest of them that ' I don't care, get this thing in the air' is not a good idea.

I cannot fathom the grief of these families, I don't know how people manage to keep living after losing people in events like this....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

As I recall, he ended up settling not only with the victim, but his wife bit off a bog chunk as well. 

What do you mean wife bit off a big chunk?

12 hours ago, lod001 said:

Sounds like that helicopter should have never taken off. These things happen every so often to remind others not to be stupid. Apparently some other pilot did not fly that morning because he said the weather was bad. 100% humidity and foggy as heck. Sounds like there was a lot of dumb going on.

I was on the road that morning and the fog was the worst I've ever seen.  I literally couldn't see past the hood of my car in places.

9 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

What do you mean wife bit off a big chunk?

https://www.espn.in/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8837074/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-vanessa-bryant-cancel-divorce-plans

There was a divorce announced, she sold a house, they reconciled, she had a big ass new diamond ring, that kind of thing. 

7 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Yeah, I don’t think that flies when half the universe is holding Kobe up as some sort of superhero and supreme human being when there are serious concerns about those rape allegations. 

He was great at basketball. Ok. He was a father who lost a daughter in this tragedy and left other family members devastated and grieving.  Acknowledged.

But:

It’s hypocritical for the entire entertainment industry to honor Kobe in the wake of this whole #metoo movement.  

He choke focked a 19 yr old girl against her will  

Here’s his official statement after the victim decided not to pursue criminal charges.  

Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

He was also married at the time, so his legacy deserves whatever his past behaviors dictate.  

And if you’re “in a time of grief” over a dead pro basketball player who you’ve never met and have no personal connection to, you may want to re-examine your life. 

I never believed that h0e. 

They have now identified everyone on board

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/victims-in-kobe-bryant-crash-have-now-all-been-identified/ar-BBZlVP7?ocid=spartanntp

Nine people were on board the Sikorsky S76 when something went wrong just before 10 a.m. Sunday.

The passengers were on their way to a basketball game when the chopper went down.

The helicopter’s flight path shows it going from Orange County to the San Fernando Valley and then hovering over the Glendale area as it waited for clearance to travel through the Valley to Calabasas. The tracking ends at the crash site in Calabasas.

Kobe Bryant’s 13-year old daughter Gianna was among those killed. Gianna — often called “Gigi” — was the second oldest of Bryant’s four daughters.

Bryant had coached Gianna’s AAU basketball team out of his Mamba Sports Academy training facility in Thousand Oaks for the past two years.

They were all reportedly headed to an AAU game when the crash happened.

In addition to Bryant and his daughter, three members of one family died in the crash.

John Altobelli was the head baseball coach at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa. His wife Keri and their daughter Alyssa were also on board.

The husband of Christina Mauser posted on Facebook that she died in the helicopter crash. Mauser was a basketball coach at Harbor Day School in Newport Beach, where Kobe’s daughter attended school. Mauser’s hubsband says he and his kids are devastated.

Sarah Chester and her middle school aged daughter Payton were on also on board the helicopter piloted by Ara Zobayan.

26 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This is pretty cool

Wow...  Amazing...

I'm sure it's been said.  Tragic? Sure.... life altering or pausing, no.  Care much... no, why would I?  He was some guy I don't know played some GAME I don't care about.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I'm sure it's been said.  Tragic? Sure.... life altering or pausing, no.  Care much... no, why would I?  He was some guy I don't know played some GAME I don't care about.

It's kind of like a bunch of high schoolers when after a classmate they never interacted with dies. All of a sudden, they are devastated by the loss of a great friend.

• Thanks 1

Just now, supermike80 said:

NBA "fans" asking NBA to change it's iconic logo to honor Kobe

Get rid of the white guy.

19 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Heard this last night...  Unbelievable...

24 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Get rid of the white guy.

It’s time. 

25 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Why is it the people that dislike the NBA seem to always post the most in these threads? 

Because not everyone that died in the crash played in the NBA. #Other-people-count-too. 

The shitty part is that it could have been so easily avoided.  

Just now, NorthernVike said:

The shitty part is that it could have been so easily avoided.  

Yep

32 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Why is it the people that dislike the NBA seem to always post the most in these threads? 

A handful of NBA players and reps criticized Trump, therefore Trumpers lash out in retard fury at all things NBA related past and present. They’re incredibly thin skinned and defensive, just like their cult leader.

The irony is that they call other people “snowflake.” :lol: 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

For what it's worth.

Wait. What does this guy do for a living? He talks about this situation like it's been his job for the past 50 years. Holy moly.

Even had his clock down pat. "Standing in the parking lot about 9:43."

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Um..no.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

A handful of NBA players and reps criticized Trump, therefore Trumpers lash out in retard fury at all things NBA related past and present. They’re incredibly thin skinned and defensive, just like their cult leader.

Says the jackass who brings trump into this?  Not a single mention til you decide to be a troll. Again

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Wait. What does this guy do for a living? He talks about this situation like it's been his job for the past 50 years. Holy moly.

Even had his clock down pat. "Standing in the parking lot about 9:43."

Yah you’re right. He sounds like a fire inspector or some guy on csi or something. Seemed to know everything 

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Orange Man rent free 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Yah you’re right. He sounds like a fire inspector or some guy on csi or something. Seemed to know everything 

Right? Everything. He even was directing the fire department/police via the dispatcher telling them they went too far based upon what he was hearing in the distance. Crazy.

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I think he said he was a sound engineer

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Bryant had coached Gianna’s AAU basketball team out of his Mamba Sports Academy training facility in Thousand Oaks for the past two years.

I"m sorry but this bothers me.  Why the fock would Kobe open a sports academy in Thousand Oaks?  Kobe lived in Orange County, which is probably 30 miles SOUTH of downtown Los Angeles.  Thousand Oaks is probably 50+ miles NORTH of downtown Los Angeles.  You can open a sports academy anywhere but you choose 80+ miles away through the worst traffic in the focking United States?  Yeah, I get it.  You're rich and have a helicopter but apparently sometimes that isn't even the best choice of mode of transportation.  Fock.