Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

So what’s your exercise routine like these days?

We've been on lockdown since March 16th and I've gone for a run all, but two days. I have a nice 1.5 mile loop in my neighborhood or I can go up and down my street which is a mile long. 

My tendinitis got so bad that I couldn't flex or straighten my arm at all for part of a day. It's slowly getting better, but I basically am not doing anything so that it heals. Even doing dishes aggravated it. One it's better I'm going to try to get motivated to run

Just before this sh*t hit the fan we got a "mirror."  So, we've been working out using that in the basement.  But we're both new to exercising so it's a slow journey.  Mostly just stretching and cardio at this point.  She's doing some Yoga as well. 

3.5 mile run in morning and 1.5 mile walk in evening. Miss weights at the gym but this will do for now

After my gym closed down I bought a weight bench and set of dumbells. I’ve been doing what I can with that 3x a week and going for a 3-4 mile walk nearly every day.despite drinking more I’ve dropped a few pounds, hopefully more fat than muscle.

I miss weights too. Lots of ab and core exercises at home and usually a 2 mile run with the dogs mid-day and a mile walk with the family after dinner. I try to get to 10k steps per day, but it’s hard when you’re not moving around much outside of those activities.  

I agree with trump on this one.....exercise is overrated.  Though at 5/11/220ish I should probably stop curling my <1lb beer can so often.

I went from 120 curls a night to 240.  Starting weight is 12 oz's.

Walking three times per day.  Around 2 miles each time.  

100 sit ups and 100 push ups 3 days/wk. 

Playing hoops, catch and pickle with my sons 3-4 times/wk.  

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

My tendinitis got so bad that I couldn't flex or straighten my arm at all for part of a day. It's slowly getting better, but I basically am not doing anything so that it heals. Even doing dishes aggravated it. One it's better I'm going to try to get motivated to run

Get some celebrex. That is awesome for inflammation. When I screwed up my ankle, the doctor wrote me some. Since they sell it over the counter here, I keep some on hand. 

I just ordered an exercise bike yesterday. I'm to lazy to go somewhere to work out, but I figure if it's in my house, I'll pedal for an hour or so a day while watching something on the tablet. 

3 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

3.5 mile run in morning and 1.5 mile walk in evening. Miss weights at the gym but this will do for now

I ran 4 this morning and take my youngest on a stroller walk in the evening.

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

200 Jumping Jacks

60 squats

60 pushups

100 situps

60 burpees

1 mile job

5 line drills

every morning

blow jobs?

I run 2-3 miles 4-5 days a week and if i remember I do 2-3 sets of pushups 2-3 days a week.

Nothing too strenuous, I was working out more prior to my ski trip and i will work out more again once next fall. I want to do a few ski trips next year and be in shape for them.

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

If I haven't said it already, and I presume I have, you have Sarno.  Read this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Back-Pain-Mind-Body-Connection/dp/0446392308/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1586311113&sr=8-3

Yeah the title says back pain, but it relates to things like tendonitis and plantar fasciitis as well.  You've got a lot of stuff going on -- divorce, kid from ex, new girl, trying to support everyone -- which is the perfect recipe for it.  Read the book, give it a week or two of telling yourself what it tells you to tell yourself, and there is a good chance your tendinitis will go away. 

:cheers:

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Get some celebrex. That is awesome for inflammation. When I screwed up my ankle, the doctor wrote me some. Since they sell it over the counter here, I keep some on hand. 

I just ordered an exercise bike yesterday. I'm to lazy to go somewhere to work out, but I figure if it's in my house, I'll pedal for an hour or so a day while watching something on the tablet. 

Hope it isn't one of those cheap chink knock offs. 

56 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Hope it isn't one of those cheap chink knock offs. 

The bike? Of course it is. I paid $50 for it on taobao.

If you mean the pills, they have the pfeiser logo on the box. Who knows? 

I guess I am the only one that has gone backwards. Pre-Covid I was working out with weights 3 times a week and doing 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 times a week. Now that my gym has closed, I don';t have the drive. I will go back once it reopens but who knows when that will be,

Bought a Norditrac elliptical last year. Turns out it was a great investment.  Bought it to use when I didn’t feel like driving to gym or pressed for time. Using it an hour a day 4x a week, 30 min 2 days. 

I take care of my yard, and my parents. Right now I'm extremely busy prepping flower beds, removing debris, tree/shrub trimming, planting, mulching, weeding, mowing, etc... Between that and golf, I have no need to seek out extra exercise. 

Geeks who went to the gym before: Are you planning to go back? :dunno: 

I miss the treadmill for walking / jogging. Much easier on the legs and joints and I’ve worn through two pairs of running shoes since lockdown.

I could make the weights work at home if anyone was shipping dumbells. The only set I have is 30 lbs. which limits what is too heavy for some stuff and too light for others.

I may cancel my membership when this is over. Seems like I can mostly get the same benefits at home without the $ or risk.

Now I get up around whenever, I used ta get up on time

Just finished running 10 miles

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Geeks who went to the gym before: Are you planning to go back? :dunno: 

I miss the treadmill for walking / jogging. Much easier on the legs and joints and I’ve worn through two pairs of running shoes since lockdown.

I could make the weights work at home if anyone was shipping dumbells. The only set I have is 30 lbs. which limits what is too heavy for some stuff and too light for others.

I may cancel my membership when this is over. Seems like I can mostly get the same benefits at home without the $ or risk.

I'm working out every day (just came back from a 1.5 hour hike), but to answer your question, yes I'll go back.  We have access to multiple gyms through a service called GymPass:

1. HIIT Gym:  Some of our best friends are there, will definitely go back.  They've been putting on Zoom classes which I do 1-2 times per week, but it's not the same.  I've mentioned before that I have Power Block programmable dumbbells which make it easy to do such things at home, and I could see myself doing that more often if I can't make a class at a set time.  I've also started training for the Murph on Memorial Day, and I can better control that training on my own.

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+murph+workout&oq=the+murp&aqs=chrome.4.69i59j46j69i57j0l5.9960j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2. Hot Yoga:  I've tried doing my own routine, and I've tried videos, but I miss hot yoga.  I also miss hot chicks in hot yoga outfits at hot yoga.  Will definitely go back.

3. Lifetime Fitness:  Franchise with a ginormous facility offering pretty much everything you could want.  If I could only go to one place I'd probably pick this because I could do HIIT and yoga and weights and cardio... but mostly I use it for treadmill and sauna, since I have the above two places I like.  This will probably be the last place I go back to, and possibly not for a while.  Did you know you can get a sauna for your house?  Costco sells them.  If I had a sauna I might never go back to Lifetime. :dunno:

• Haha 1

Not much.  I walk 18 holes and carry my bag usually 3 times a week.  I throw some dumbbells around when I get the urge but have no real routine.  Mowed once so far but push mow a medium sized lawn twice a week once grass starts growing faster.  

I like tiring myself out but not a fan of a strict workout.

I played basketball a few times last winter.  Would like to commit to a mens league next winter.  To me that is the best workout for cardio and I enjoy it rather than just simply running.