Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Confirmation hearings for Hon Amy Coney Barrett

On 10/22/2020 at 11:54 AM, jerryskids said:

Thanks.  So they don’t object to her specifically, or to any candidate so close to the election.  They object to a conservative justice in the general sense.  Nice, if they are children. Actually I would talk to my children if they behaved in this manner. :thumbsup:

Anybody who thinks that if Hillary had won that the Dems wouldn't have done the exact same thing is a complete moron. 

Now they want to feign indignation and threaten to pack the court should they get the majority required to do so. 

Think about that. They're angry that the Republicans followed established precedent with regards to nominating justices so they're willing to throw precedent out the window to add seats to the historically 9 seat SCOTUS in order to regain a liberal majority on the court. 

They're focking pathetic.

13 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Hope that kvnt chokes on her birthday chardonnay. 

What an incredible success the Trump Presidency has been. It's just a shame the media has such a grip on so many sad people that haven't been willing to enjoy it. So far.

• Thanks 2

Best part is that Trump replaced the most liberal member of the court with likely the most conservative member.

And she could be on the bench for 40 years if she is a selfish count who holds on until death.

4 hours ago, riversco said:

Republicans look at 46 seats locked up.

Perdue looks like 47
Ernst looks like 48
Daines looks like 49
Graham looks like 50

The tossup is McSally in Arizona.  The polling is all over the place.  She is anywhere from down 11 points to up 3 points.  Usually there is massive democrat bias in the polls so I'm guessing that is a GOP win as well, so 51 seats.

I view Tillis/Ernst as 50/51 in either order.  The R's really need IA and NC.

43 minutes ago, Goggins said:

Best part is that Trump replaced the most liberal member of the court with likely the most conservative member.

And she could be on the bench for 40 years if she is a selfish count who holds on until death.

its a thing of beauty. 

Video of the ACB confirmation, C-SPAN. (cued up to Schumer and McConnell closing statements and the vote, but the entire video is worth watching)

This should be a case study in what is wrong with this country and how to move forward on a path to a better America. Mandatory watch from middle school civics to 3rd year law to anyone with a blue check next to their name on social media to every elected official in the country to every kitchen table.

It is 2:58:00, long as fock, but it is worth it.

If anyone can watch that and still vote for a Democrat, well you ain't American.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goggins said:

Trump has the best shite eating grins

Do we even need the election at this point? He knows it, I know it, you know it, the entire world knows it. America is getting 8 more years of Trump.

No one knows anything, we will find out more on November 4, Until then stay tuned. That said, today is a very happy day for America. 

7 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Name the geek. 

So embarrassing to be an adult heterosexual male and vote for Democrat.  

Imagine if this party in its current state went back 50 years and tried to win an election.  When there were no colored haired, tri gendered, emotional ITs walking around.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Name the geek. 

Daddy issues.  Every one of them. 

6 hours ago, Goggins said:

Video of the ACB confirmation, C-SPAN. (cued up to Schumer and McConnell closing statements and the vote, but the entire video is worth watching)

This should be a case study in what is wrong with this country and how to move forward on a path to a better America. Mandatory watch from middle school civics to 3rd year law to anyone with a blue check next to their name on social media to every elected official in the country to every kitchen table.

It is 2:58:00, long as fock, but it is worth it.

If anyone can watch that and still vote for a Democrat, well you ain't American.

So Shuma wanted to shut down the Senate until after the election, but presumably until after the inauguration. All this obviously to hang the Supreme court until they can litigate Biden in. Nice try. It's over Chick.

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Imagine if this party in its current state went back 50 years and tried to win an election.  When there were no colored haired, tri gendered, emotional ITs walking around.  

Top L to R = wiff, herbie ,mdc

Bottom L to R = worms, hawkeye, peenie

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Used to be the party of hard working builders of America. Now it's the party of women and their cucks. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Used to be the party of hard working builders of America. Now it's the party of women and their cucks. 

Sums it up perfectly. 

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Name the geek. 

I only saw half of those: 3, 4, and 5 but somehow I doubt 1,2, and 6 have anything new or interesting to add to the conversation.

8 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I only saw half of those: 3, 4, and 5 but somehow I doubt 1,2, and 6 have anything new or interesting to add to the conversation.

I infer that these women are mostly reacting to the potential that their ability to kill an unborn child is imperiled, that they might have to compel a partner to wear a condom, or <gasp> not fock every man in sight?

So I am seeing that many women are worried about Roe v Wade being overturned...and pardon my ignorance...but doesn't something need to happen in order for this case to be reviewed again? Like something "new" needs to be brought to the case for them to over turn it? Or do they just do eeny-meeny-miney-mo and pick a case to go over AGAIN? 

It's a fear EVERY focking time there is a new judge added, and nothing has changed. Then they worry about gay marriage; the SCOTUS has kind of shown that they may not really care who marries; 38 states made gay marriage legal, so it's like they kind of said, "Fock it, we don't care about this shite. Let them get married." Then people were worried that Obama and the judges would take away guns and all of that....

I mean, shouldn't the SCOTUS be passing laws on more current and important issues? I get the health care thing, for sure...I do see how that's a huge concern for a lot of people and I do believe in reform. BUT...I get that it's something that will take time. And anecdotally, I know a LOT of people personally who had health care and then were forced to get Obamamcare and their expenses went up exponentially; and their coverage went down. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

So I am seeing that many women are worried about Roe v Wade being overturned...and pardon my ignorance...but doesn't something need to happen in order for this case to be reviewed again? Like something "new" needs to be brought to the case for them to over turn it? Or do they just do eeny-meeny-miney-mo and pick a case to go over AGAIN? 

It's a fear EVERY focking time there is a new judge added, and nothing has changed. Then they worry about gay marriage; the SCOTUS has kind of shown that they may not really care who marries; 38 states made gay marriage legal, so it's like they kind of said, "Fock it, we don't care about this shite. Let them get married." Then people were worried that Obama and the judges would take away guns and all of that....

I mean, shouldn't the SCOTUS be passing laws on more current and important issues? I get the health care thing, for sure...I do see how that's a huge concern for a lot of people and I do believe in reform. BUT...I get that it's something that will take time. And anecdotally, I know a LOT of people personally who had health care and then were forced to get Obamamcare and their expenses went up exponentially; and their coverage went down. 

Yep my dumbass aunt just posted a list of all the things that apparently will be lost now like freedom of speech and the civil rights act???  People seriously have no clue that the Supreme Court has no authority to change laws

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Yep my dumbass aunt just posted a list of all the things that apparently will be lost now like freedom of speech and the civil rights act???  People seriously have no clue that the Supreme Court has no authority to change laws

Same people that think there are people in prison for just smoking pot. 

14 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Anybody who thinks that if Hillary had won that the Dems wouldn't have done the exact same thing is a complete moron. 

Now they want to feign indignation and threaten to pack the court should they get the majority required to do so. 

Think about that. They're angry that the Republicans followed established precedent with regards to nominating justices so they're willing to throw precedent out the window to add seats to the historically 9 seat SCOTUS in order to regain a liberal majority on the court. 

This. I really wish Dems would stop making it sound like they wouldn't have done the same FOCKING thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Seriously. It USED to be. Growing up we were Democrats. Now? Hell no. I don’t even want to associate with them crazies 

8 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Seriously. It USED to be. Growing up we were Democrats. Now? Hell no. I don’t even want to associate with them crazies 

My parents were registered Dems for YEARS. I think that changed with Obama's second term. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Same people that think there are people in prison for just smoking pot. 

I Protest the confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett. 🤬 What’s at stake with this election and nomination of Amy Coney Barrett:
1. Affordable Healthcare
2. All women’s rights including the right to choose what to do with her own body, reproductive rights
3. LGBTQ Rights, equality, federal rights, marriage rights
4. Interracial marriage rights
5. Black rights, Latino rights, Native American rights
6. Civil rights
7. Voting rights
8. Civil justice
9. Police reform
10. Consumer rights
11. Access to the courts
12. Workers rights
13. Prisoner rights
14. Gun safety
15. Criminal Justice
16. Environmental protection
17. Education
18. Free speech
19. Government misconduct
20. Immigration rights

here is the whole list, what the fock is wrong with these people
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:
I Protest the confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett. 🤬 What’s at stake with this election and nomination of Amy Coney Barrett:
1. Affordable Healthcare
2. All women’s rights including the right to choose what to do with her own body, reproductive rights
3. LGBTQ Rights, equality, federal rights, marriage rights
4. Interracial marriage rights
5. Black rights, Latino rights, Native American rights 
6. Civil rights
7. Voting rights
8. Civil justice
9. Police reform
10. Consumer rights
11. Access to the courts
12. Workers rights
13. Prisoner rights
14. Gun safety
15. Criminal Justice
16. Environmental protection
17. Education
18. Free speech
19. Government misconduct
20. Immigration rights

here is the whole list, what the fock is wrong with these people

#5 should read "Latinx rights" you focking bigot!  Gotta keep up with today's ever evolving made up words. 

It has been noted by others that RBG could have, and likely should have, retired her position during the Obama regime, allowing him to nominate her replacement.  She was already in poor health and elderly back then.  Perhaps, someone should ask Joe and Barry if they had the conversation with RBG.

4 minutes ago, BudBro said:

It has been noted by others that RBG could have, and likely should have, retired her position during the Obama regime, allowing him to nominate her replacement.  She was already in poor health and elderly back then.  Perhaps, someone should ask Joe and Barry if they had the conversation with RBG.

They tried. She bit them on the ankle. Well, maybe not quite, but it was a conversation that happened when she got her first cancer diagnosis and she shot down the idea, fortunatly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BudBro said:

She knew Hillary was next. Wanted her to pick her replacement and listen to all the ass kissing of her that was sure to happen. 

• Like 2

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/27/politics/justice-amy-coney-barrett-sworn-in-supreme-court/index.html

Lawyers for a Pennsylvania county filed a petition with the Supreme Court Tuesday asking Barrett to recuse herself from an election-related case.
The Supreme Court is currently considering a request from Pennsylvania Republicans asking the justices to block a state Supreme Court decision that allowed the counting of ballots received three day after the election, even if there is no legible postmark. Luzerne County -- whose lawyers penned the brief -- supports the state court decision.
Lawyers acknowledged that their motion "comes at an inopportune time for Justice Barrett, this being her first day as an Associate Justice."

Just now, RLLD said:

WTF does that mean? She was in the 7th circuit, Pennsylvania is what second or third circuit? She has no conflict of interest here. Fock off.

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Doesn't matter.  They don't offer a compelling case and I don't think she would recuse herself anyways.  But I took a quick look at their brief and their argument is simply that she was confirmed close to the election, by Trump.  Fock that.

11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

WTF does that mean? She was in the 7th circuit, Pennsylvania is what second or third circuit? She has no conflict of interest here. Fock off.

Looks like their tactic is that she simply does not have enough time to digest the details of the case, and should thus recuse herself.

17 hours ago, 5-Points said:

I don't believe that Garland would have been stonewalled if it was the other way around..as in if Garland was Coney, and it was Dem Senate.  

• Sad 2