Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Alcohol choice for Election Night

What are all you guys, gals, and they/thems planning to drink while watching the sh1tshow on Tuesday night?

For myself I'll be enjoying some Laphroaig 10, as it works no matter what the result:

- if Trump wins I can savor the Laphroaig while watching the left lose their collective sh1t.  (my wife included)

- if Biden wins then I need to savor the Laphroaig while I still can as I might need to buy cheaper when the economy tanks.  Unless, of course, Biden/Harris promised free quality single malt in their long list of freebies.

Let's hear your plans, everyone.

@jerryskids - hopefully you can tap into some leftover opioids to relax since I'm sure alcohol is currently not an option. 

Makers Mark on the rocks. Good indicators he pulls strong on election night but those mail in ballots could go on for a week or more...meh. Hard to enjoy it knowing that scenario is highly likely, pretty much a given. There won't be closure like last time where I really enjoyed the aftermath. I stayed up all night drinking and laughing. Hangover didn't even bother me at work the next day. Well worth it.

• Like 1

As usual, I will skip watching anything about the election...

The TV will be off and I will be reading a book...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

What are all you guys, gals, and they/thems planning to drink while watching the sh1tshow on Tuesday night?

For myself I'll be enjoying some Laphroaig 10, as it works no matter what the result:

- if Trump wins I can savor the Laphroaig while watching the left lose their collective sh1t.  (my wife included)

- if Biden wins then I need to savor the Laphroaig while I still can as I might need to buy cheaper when the economy tanks.  Unless, of course, Biden/Harris promised free quality single malt in their long list of freebies.

@jerryskids - hopefully you can tap into some leftover opioids to relax since I'm sure alcohol is currently not an option. 

Well... I got my feeding tube out this morning so we’ll see$#@!  :cheers:

:pointstosky: 

• Like 2

My last drink was on Aug 1st.  Not starting again anytime soon so it'll probably be Dr. Pepper.  Alcohol would be so sweet, especially if Trump wins.  Oh well. 

• Like 1

I bought an ounce of weed and I'm gonna laugh at the hysterical democrats as they win the popular vote but lose the electoral college...again. 

39 minutes ago, DonS said:

Laphroaig 10 is my favorite 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Laphroaig 10 is my favorite 

I don’t know how to pronounce this, but based on my best effort, it certainly sounds like something Don would like.

9 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I don’t know how to pronounce this, but based on my best effort, it certainly sounds like someone Don would like.

Very peaty.  Like hugely.  

But thats how I like my scotch

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

:cheers:

7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I'll give it a shot.  :cheers:

If Biden is winning I better get used to the taste of Old English, Colt 45, King Cobra and all the other malt liquors because, you know, BLM and all of that. I am hoping Trump pulls out another one and I will enjoy a nice bottle of The Prisoner. I have a bunch of cigars due to arrive on Tuesday as well so that adds a nice touch as well. 

• Like 1

Not sure. They cancelled class for that day and moved our exam to Monday. Might either do beer or some fireball that night 

You do realize we will not really know who wins until after Thanksgiving.  

Somehow, even with all this early voting, people can’t absentee vote now, they have to wait and postmark on Nov 3rd.

Just now, KSB2424 said:

Add a couple weeks. And hold the bourbon bottle. Could barter with it for extra ammo.

They should have an absentee / mail vote deadline a week before the official in person Election Day.  This makes to much sense, is to timely and efficient for government though.  

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Somehow, even with all this early voting, people can’t absentee vote now, they have to wait and postmark on Nov 3rd.

Very true.

When the final results are determined I'll probably head to Total Wine for my free scotch via the inevitable "Trump Won So We're Protesting" or "Biden Won So We're Celebrating" looting.   Free sh1t either way!!!!

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Joe will concede election night. 

34 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Joe will concede election night. 

Joe’s puppet masters will never let him concede... possibly ever. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I believe it'll be a blowout not close to contesting. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Hitlery already shrilly cried that he should never concede!!!!!! 

4 hours ago, DonS said:

Love me some single malt ... Trump, not so much.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/felipeschrieberg/2019/10/03/trump-administration-slaps-25-tariff-on-single-malt-scotch-whisky-imports/amp/

3 hours ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

Folks that buy and enjoy single malt can handle that tariff without any problems.  Your link is from a year ago and I haven't noticed any changes in price at Total Wine and Costco.   :dunno:

Edit: To be fair I have seen Laphroaig 10 go up in price around May of this year, but I think that might be covid related or else just supply/demand (that focking evil free market at work).  Balvenie 12yr Double Wood has remained the same price locally for the past couple years. 

Not worth another thread, so I'll just throw it in here...

I have no classes Wednesday morning (aka Tuesday night US time.)

Can I watch live online? CNN.com or something?

14 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

I am all bourbon all the time. I’ll probably break out the pappy.

What year

I have a few fingers of William Larue Weller left and a bottle of ER 17.  One of these will be the choice no matter who wins as I will just be glad the damn thing is over

I quit drinking almost 2 years ago, but I'd probably go for something with vodka - a lot 

Whiskey - Jack Daniels.

Laying all my cards on the table----Election night or any other Tuesday of the year...the answer would be the same.