Rusty Syringes

[** Official President Joe Biden Thread **]

8 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Trump drew down our troop forces to about 2,500 as part of a deal that Biden mostly followed with the exception of the timeline that would have put the pullout in May. 

With stipulations. What stipulations did Biden call for? We get to keep one airport and what we can carry? 

32 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Trump drew down our troop forces to about 2,500 as part of a deal that Biden mostly followed with the exception of the timeline that would have put the pullout in May. 

and Trump threatened them with hellfire, Biden offered them Blackhawks and Missiles

35 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

:lol:

15 hours ago, Strike said:

Biden comes out of his cave today, makes a brief statement about Covid with nothing about Afghanistan and doesn't take questions, and now is back on vacation heading to Delaware.  WTF is wrong with him?   And by what is wrong with him, I mean I'm seriously concerned about his health and whether we may start seeing the transition to a new President soon......

So one of the things they say with dementia and Alzheimer's patients is to keep them in familiar surroundings, keep them at their "home' as much as possible and avoid traveling, confusion, lots of people, etc. 

It keeps them more calm, less prone to outbursts and some of the regression or childlike behaviors. I saw it with my grandfather. the more he was home, the better he did. 

2 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

So one of the things they say with dementia and Alzheimer's patients is to keep them in familiar surroundings, keep them at their "home' as much as possible and avoid traveling, confusion, lots of people, etc. 

It keeps them more calm, less prone to outbursts and some of the regression or childlike behaviors. I saw it with my grandfather. the more he was home, the better he did. 

Someone needs to get wiff back home.

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

With stipulations. What stipulations did Biden call for? We get to keep one airport and what we can carry? 

Was Bush right to send us in there in the first place?

19 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Was Bush right to send us in there in the first place?

Yup. Once the mission was accomplished, hunting and killing the enemy as much as possible, should have left. Let them build their own huts. 

Aged like a fine wine

My SUV has about a 15 gallon tank. I fill it once a week. It now costs 16 more dollars to fill it up. About 65 dollars out of my pocket a month. You Fockin morons voted for this. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My SUV has about a 15 gallon tank. I fill it once a week. It now costs 16 more dollars to fill it up. About 65 dollars out of my pocket a month. You Fockin morons voted for this. 

What are the current gas prices like in your area?

I always find it sadly funny when news reports show pictures of the astronomical pump prices and I realize I haven't seen prices that low in years.  Prices in WA are always way up there thanks to all the various taxes that get added on.

1 minute ago, DonS said:

What are the current gas prices like in your area?

I always find it sadly funny when news reports show pictures of the astronomical pump prices and I realize I haven't seen prices that low in years.  Prices in WA are always way up there thanks to all the various taxes that get added on.

3.17. Was 2.09 give and take last year. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

3.17. Was 2.09 give and take last year. 

HOLY FOCK!!!! I want to say regular was like 3.60 or so last time I was at Costco. I can't recall last time gas was under $3 out here. 

17 hours ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Biden disbanded the State Department Crisis Response Team before the botched Afghanistan withdrawal meant to handle situations like this, which may explain why per the WaPo there is still no plan for evacuating Americans outside of Kabul.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/3295477-biden-disbanded-state-department-crisis-response.html

11 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Biden disbanded the State Department Crisis Response Team before the botched Afghanistan withdrawal meant to handle situations like this, which may explain why per the WaPo there is still no plan for evacuating Americans outside of Kabul.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/3295477-biden-disbanded-state-department-crisis-response.html

A link to a forum containing a link to an ultra conservative right-wing blog.

You got a non-crapass news source?

98 pages and still not a single positive about the guy. One would think the few here that voted for would have something. :dunno: 

Just now, TimmySmith said:

98 pages and still not a single positive about the guy. One would think the few here that voted for would have something. :dunno: 

His bi-partisan infrastructure bill is pretty great, the greatest of its kind since The New Deal. Also, he hastened the vaccine rollout after Trump dropped the ball.

And he doesn't spend all day engaged in narcissistic behavior, being vindictive toward as his opponents and churning out an endless stream of whackadoodle insanity on social media. 

It has been lovely to not have to hear Trump's annoying voice or witness whatever crazy sh!t he was doing on a daily basis.

• Haha 1

Just now, IndyColtsFan said:

His bi-partisan infrastructure bill is pretty great, the greatest of its kind since The New Deal. Also, he hastened the vaccine rollout after Trump dropped the ball.

And he doesn't spend all day engaged in narcissistic behavior, being vindictive toward as his opponents and churning out an endless stream of whackadoodle insanity on social media. 

It has been lovely to not have to hear Trump's annoying voice or witness whatever crazy sh!t he was doing on a daily basis.

What do you love about the Bill?

And there it is MEAN TWEETS!

Never fails.  

Just now, IndyColtsFan said:

It's good that you feel better about yourself.  I suppose it's something.  The rest is nonsense of course.  

7 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

LMAO...it all comes back to mean tweets!!

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

What do you love about the Bill?

And there it is MEAN TWEETS!

Never fails.  

Lol...u beat me to it

9 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

What is good about the bill? And I am being serious...because I really want to see how bi-partisan it is and not just all about climate change and outlawing leaf blowers across the country. if you can point out anything that shows TRUE bi-partisanship, I want to see that because I am highly suspect that it does not. 

Also, the rest of the post is meh. It's about his character. They ALL have shiiiity character and many of their core values are similar to serial killers and sociopaths. Is it any better to HIDE the President away in Delaware so that his handlers and the media can formulate whatever they want? If someone is crazy or has dementia, I'd like to actually SEE it and not have it be hidden away. JMO. 

14 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Does it come complete with full amnesty for tens of millions of illegals?

24 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

A link to a forum containing a link to an ultra conservative right-wing blog.

You got a non-crapass news source?

But unfortunately it did happen.

Don’t be afraid to see what you see.

8 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

But unfortunately it did happen.

Don’t be afraid to see what you see.

If a liberal's pants were on fire while he's wearing them and a conservative told him so, liberal would deny it. 

26 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

That "infrastructure bill" is a complete mess of pork and terrible policy. MY favorite part of the bill is because I mine crypto which makes me a broker. The whole thing is focking retarded and like the patriot act, we will pay for it for years to come. And you better believe that new green deal bullsh1t is in there too.

"Hastened the vaccine rollout" - Straight up lie. We had shortages months after he took office because he totally focked up the supply logistics. He then ordered more than the population of the US. 

"Mean tweets / he's a bully/ He's not nice to people destroying this country" :lol: what are you 12?

It's pretty easy to avoid Trump, but like everyone with TDS you can't get enough of your daddy.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

"Mean tweets / he's a bully/ He's not nice to people destroying this country" :lol: what are you 12?

It's pretty easy to avoid Trump, but like everyone with TDS you can't get enough of your daddy.

You know what I find fascinating about the "mean tweets" stuff...is that I was able to avoid it for four years. I also didn't watch many press conferences with Trump. If I found what he was saying annoying or whatever, I turned it off. I do the same thing with Gov Newsom. And I REFUSE to watch Biden. He just reminds me too much of my grandfather when he had serious alzheimers/dementia. 

It's kind of like that FB thing where people say, "If you don't like what it says, just scroll on by." But no. Now everything is posted with a trigger or cringe warning...and people don't have the self control to not watch, listen, or read. They think it should be removed for them; essentially removing their choice of what they see and hear. Interesting that someone like ICF (aka Rusty) who used to work in the newspaper industry would be a fan of such censorship. 

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

You know what I find fascinating about the "mean tweets" stuff...is that I was able to avoid it for four years. I also didn't watch many press conferences with Trump. If I found what he was saying annoying or whatever, I turned it off. I do the same thing with Gov Newsom. And I REFUSE to watch Biden. He just reminds me too much of my grandfather when he had serious alzheimers/dementia. 

It's kind of like that FB thing where people say, "If you don't like what it says, just scroll on by." But no. Now everything is posted with a trigger or cringe warning...and people don't have the self control to not watch, listen, or read. They think it should be removed for them; essentially removing their choice of what they see and hear. Interesting that someone like ICF (aka Rusty) who used to work in the newspaper industry would be a fan of such censorship. 

It's human nature and people cannot help it. It's like clickbait. Everyone hates it, but it absolutely works.

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

What a concept, "If you don't like it, just keep on going, change the channel, turn it off, etc."...  

If only...

1 hour ago, DonS said:

HOLY FOCK!!!! I want to say regular was like 3.60 or so last time I was at Costco. I can't recall last time gas was under $3 out here. 

But you don’t have state income tax? 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But you don’t have state income tax? 

Good point.  The Man has to get my money somehow. 

Just now, DonS said:

Good point.  The Man has to get my money somehow. 

Yup. 

NEW YORK, Aug 17 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden's approval rating dropped by 7 percentage points and hit its lowest level so far as the U.S.-backed Afghan government collapsed over the weekend in an upheaval that sent thousands of civilians and Afghan military allies fleeing for their safety, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

NEW YORK, Aug 17 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden's approval rating dropped by 7 percentage points and hit its lowest level so far as the U.S.-backed Afghan government collapsed over the weekend in an upheaval that sent thousands of civilians and Afghan military allies fleeing for their safety, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Where’s Rusty? I thought he liked polls? 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Where’s Rusty? I thought he liked polls? 

Guess he's not liking them much these days.

Crazy that nobody saw this coming.  I'm sure there's no pre-election posts that predict this horrendous failure of a presidency.  If only we knew

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Crazy that nobody saw this coming.  I'm sure there's no pre-election posts that predict this horrendous failure of a presidency.  If only we knew

81* million people (that nobody will admit voting for Biden) can't be wrong.

That 14% who said “some other candidate” is crucial.

They're saying they don't want to vote for Biden or Trump.  But if those were there only two choices, where do they go?

That 14% is why nominating Trump again is a huge mistake. Trump is up 6 points in this poll, but that 14% probably goes Biden more than Trump, and Trump loses.

That, plus trumps age, is why we need to move on.