Mike Honcho

Twitter permanently suspends Trump's account, citing risk of 'further incitement of violence' – live

39 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Anyway, I know Trump encouraged people to go to the Capitol and protest.  I’m still wondering about the incitement to commit sedition etc. though.  :dunno: 

You'll keep waiting forever as it doesn't exist. It's 100% his ongoing questioning of the integrity of the election and them reading 'inciting violence' into that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

"We're going to March right down the street any Street, this looks like a nice one, we're going to March right down the street to the capital and I'll be there with you! And we're going to walk together and I'll be there with you! And we're going to..."

Presuming that is an actual quote, that is the “chickening out” part.  Looks like he chickened out of marching.  Where is the “storm the Capitol” part?  Looks like a protest.  :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2021/01/06/washington-dc-protest-twitter-facebook-silence-donald-trump/6569864002/

“These are the things that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously and viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly and unfairly treated for so long”

Trump is pretty amazing, retroactively inciting unrest.

The media tells us that this election was clean and pure and wonderful. And since Trump continues to point out how it wasn't, and all the dubious truths and shining a light on the ballots counted under dubious conditions, the media tells us he is instigating violence.

13 minutes ago, Reality said:

Trump is pretty amazing, retroactively inciting unrest.

I thought the ban was to “prevent further incitement of violence,” not necessarily claiming the first one was his fault (I’ve actually stated I don’t think it was his fault).

In fact I believe Zuckerberg specifically stated his reason was more because Trump “condoned rather than condemned” after it happened.

32 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I thought the ban was to “prevent further incitement of violence,” not necessarily claiming the first one was his fault (I’ve actually stated I don’t think it was his fault).

In fact I believe Zuckerberg specifically stated his reason was more because Trump “condoned rather than condemned” after it happened.

So yourself a favor, don't try to make sense of their motives.

30 minutes ago, Reality said:

So yourself a favor, don't try to make sense of their motives.

And with that, the thread is over.  

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Oh, so not inciting that riot, but inciting future riots?  Like these after the Capitol Hill mostly peaceful protest?

“I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!” Trump tweeted. “Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!”

Trump later released a video asking supporters to leave the riots. “You have to go home now. We have to have peace,”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/06/trump-tweets-as-political-leaders-beg-him-to-intervene-in-violent-capitol-hill-insurrection.html

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Twitter has never banned a BLM or a blue check account despite 40 dead, 2 billion in damage, 200 riots, and thousands of business lost. Yet the first time a riot on the right happens they ban parler from the major platforms. They even banned Straka’s Walk Away campaign which never participated in violence of any kind, but was just calling people to leave the Democrat party. Yet antifa and BLM freely use Instagram, wattsapp, etc to organize hundreds of violent events and threats to politicians. Antifa literally assaulted Ted Wheeler 2 days ago.

DNC and democrats called for trump to be banned and parler to be taken down. It took less than 24 hours to comply. You have active political actors trying to get their opponents fired, muted, etc.

This is called soft fascism. A wink wink that the government is not the one enforcing these attacks, just political partners elsewhere doing it. 

big tech bankrolled Biden big time and he has already hired several tech executives to his cabinet. Wake up you’re not this naive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Oh, so not inciting that riot, but inciting future riots?  Like these after the Capitol Hill mostly peaceful protest?

“I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!” Trump tweeted. “Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!”

Trump later released a video asking supporters to leave the riots. “You have to go home now. We have to have peace,”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/06/trump-tweets-as-political-leaders-beg-him-to-intervene-in-violent-capitol-hill-insurrection.html

Yeah, that's what he SAID. Obviously what he MEANT was the complete opposite. 

After 4 years of pro-police, pro-law and order support, President Trump just decided to sh!t all over that and incite a seditious, anarchist, violent overthrow of the entire U.S. government. 

Makes total sense.  :wacko: 

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

And with that, the thread is over.  

There is no going back to the way things were.  Either the nation pushes forward towards a revolution, or the liberals will hunt down everyone associated with the Storming of the Capitol and then scour twitter, facebook and instagram hunting republicans and charging them with crimes they didn't do. 

As I said, for anyone uncomfortable with this situation (which is very reasonable) get a passport and leave the nation for a bit

In some ways, this is the Stanford Prison Experiment, except you do it to an entire nation.  You inform a group of young adults (liberals) they are guards and will be given a pass for all kinds of violent behavior about a subgroup of the population (conservatives).  It doesn't take long for them to go to total insanity in attacking and trying to destroy that group.  Take away everything from them, it doesn't matter.  Of course, the Stanford Prison Experiment was done to try to understand how Germans turned into ruthless nazis.  Is just that in 2021, the nazis are liberals.  Liberal nazis.

• Like 1

Drumpf may as well jump off the top of Drumpf tower now. How will he go on not being able to lie to his followers?

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

Drumpf may as well jump off the top of Drumpf tower now.

A few Geeks would follow him off. 😂 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wish they would have banned him in 2017. 

Yup. Anyone with a brain knows this is the #1 reason we don't have another 4 years. 

37 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

In some ways, this is the Stanford Prison Experiment, except you do it to an entire nation.  You inform a group of young adults (liberals) they are guards and will be given a pass for all kinds of violent behavior about a subgroup of the population (conservatives).  It doesn't take long for them to go to total insanity in attacking and trying to destroy that group.  Take away everything from them, it doesn't matter.  Of course, the Stanford Prison Experiment was done to try to understand how Germans turned into ruthless nazis.  Is just that in 2021, the nazis are liberals.  Liberal nazis.

Stanford prison experiment was worthless and misleading.

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2019-45337-001

• Like 1

Trump supporters need to be cleansed. Who was it that said that? ABC news chief editor. TDS is so rampant that Jews talk like this now.  The left and anyone who voted for them have lost it. This kind of rhetoric has to stop.  Cleansed. Holy shite. In America.  From the MSM. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump supporters need to be cleansed. Who was it that said that? ABC news chief editor. TDS is so rampant that Jews talk like this now.  The left and anyone who voted for them have lost it. This kind of rhetoric has to stop.  Cleansed. Holy shite. In America.  From the MSM. 

Being offended by that term seems very snowflake. 

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Being offended by that term seems very snowflake. 

Yeah, cleansing people is cheeky, good fun! Imagine Rush Limbaugh said that. I thought you were rational until you just downplayed this kind of speech. Wow. You can’t just say there is no place for this kind of talk, especially from someone in his position. TDS got you too. And to think, you were the one the other day complaining about what comes out of some kids mouths. 

4 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

https://jssocial.pw/ppkey/fget/pic8/upload/AAJe7XSFKv.jpeg

18 year old girl turns her mother, uncle, and Aunt in for being at the rally.

57 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You see that's not inciting violence. His intent was cleansed as in needing a bath since Trump supports are the ones working all day and paying taxes.

4 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

You see that's not inciting violence. His intent was cleansed as in needing a bath since Trump supports are the ones working all day and paying taxes.

... wasn't the rally on a work day?

Just now, wiffleball said:

... wasn't the rally on a work day?

Vacation day. Often they come with the new year.

18 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Vacation day. Often they come with the new year.

Reminds me of 48 hours:

Where'd you get all this cash?

Tax refund.

Bullshiit. You're too fuking stupid to have a job!

7 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Reminds me of 48 hours:

Where'd you get all this cash?

Tax refund.

Bullshiit. You're too fuking stupid to have a job!

Coming from you. :doh:

Barred from virtually every other platform, Trump is apparently in the middle of serious negotiations to restart Myspace.

In fact, he has already quietly chosen advisors to make it so. Labeling them Myspace Force.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Barred from virtually every other platform, Trump is apparently in the middle of serious negotiations to restart Myspace.

In fact, he has already quietly chosen advisors to make it so. Labeling them Myspace Force.

Timberlake already restarted myspace and failed.

I think it's kind of funny that Trump has been locked out of Twitter, but still has access to the nuclear codes.

• Thanks 1

People being banned from Twitter and Facebook doesn't really bother me but I really don't like what Apple, Google and Amazon have done.

15 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I think it's kind of funny that Trump has been locked out of Twitter, but still has access to the nuclear codes.

Twitter is Afghanistan, USA still has a tiny shred of Democracy

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

People being banned from Twitter and Facebook doesn't really bother me but I really don't like what Apple, Google and Amazon have done.

Twitter and Facebook are "moderating" their content as per their terms of service. Apple, Google and Amazon are removing Parler due to a lack of "moderation". Both are essentially the same.

I get it - you don't want your platforms used for inciting violence because it is bad for business, but I think that they are all going too far with this.

18 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Agree.

Let twits and fockbook ban or whatever, but....Amazon and Google have done something a little more insidious here

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agree.

Let twits and fockbook ban or whatever, but....Amazon and Google have done something a little more insidious here

The Overton Window in affect. 

26 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't know if I have a problem with Apple/Google or Amazon...if I own a grocery store, I'm not obligated to put every product on the shelves, why should it be different for tech companies?

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

I don't know if I have a problem with Apple/Google or Amazon...if I own a grocery store, I'm not obligated to put every product on the shelves, why should it be different for tech companies?

There is a lot of terrible stuff on the internet that gets allowed but they won't allow Parler?  They're basically getting blackballed.  It just doesn't seem right.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

There is a lot of terrible stuff on the internet that gets allowed but they won't allow Parler?  They're basically getting blackballed.  It just doesn't seem right.

I've seen posts from Parler memobers advocating and actually planning insurrection---If I'm one of those companies and I believe in a peaceful transfer of power, yada yada yada...I'd boot them from my platforms too.

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Google and Apple are corporatist political actors who used armies of lawyers and lobbyists to get favorable regulations to achieve their current status. They are so tied up with the Democratic party, that they are the Democratic party.

Quit pretending that they’re some free market business.

Here’s the ACLU:

“it should concern everyone when companies like Facebook and Twitter wield the unchecked power to remove people from platforms that have become indispensable for the speech of billions — especially when political realities make those decisions easier”