joneo

***Official Chauvin Trial Thread***

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Of course it's different circumstances.  You statement was absolute.  Thanks for acknowledging that circumstances matter and the simple fact that an officer had anything to do with someone dieing doesn't make them liable.  Now go and remove all your posts suggesting otherwise. 

Don't think so.  Floyd was unarmed.  Also, the officer had Floyd handcuffed.  Finally he had Floyd face down.  Floyd said he couldn't breathe.  The officer continued until his life was snuffed out.  Those are facts.  Your arguments are pathetic so I'm not wasting my time anymore.  

If the officer didn't kill Floyd by not allowing him to breathe, then how did Floyd die?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Don't think so.  Floyd was unarmed.  Also, the officer had Floyd handcuffed.  Finally he had Floyd face down.  Floyd said he couldn't breathe.  The officer continued until his life was snuffed out.  Those are facts.  Your arguments are pathetic so I'm not wasting my time anymore.  

If the officer didn't kill Floyd by not allowing him to breathe, then how did Floyd die?

I think Chauvin will be convicted. The doctor trying to claim that Floyd died of Carbon Monoxide poisoning was completely proven wrong in the rebuttal. Add to that numerous police officers testifying AGAINST Chauvin, and a weak defense team.... I don’t think he will walk. It is not common at all for officers to testify against “one of their own.” He clearly crossed a line.

Just now, Gepetto said:

Don't think so.  Floyd was unarmed.  Also, the office had Floyd handcuffed.  Finally he had Floyd face down.  Floyd said he couldn't breathe.  The office continued until his life was snuffed out.  Those are facts.  Your arguments are pathetic so I'm not wasting my time anymore.  

About what I expected. 

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Officer is still liable if his actions caused Floyd's death.

When you were little did a brother or friend ever sit on your chest?  Or did you ever sit on anyone's chest?

Well, when that happens, they can't breath and say so and you get off of them because they need to breath within seconds let alone, nine minutes plus.

Nobody sat on Floyd's chest, they knelt on his back.  Which I've learned is a safer procedure than kneeling on the chest, particularly for a perp who has ingested enough drugs to kill a horse, since it reduces the chance of them suffocating from their own vomit.  

And as you unwittingly pointed out, nobody can survive NINE MINUTES PLUS!@#$ with no oxygen.  So he was breathing.

Are you the guy who owns multiple guns and a bunch of ammo, yet thinks we should make purchasing guns and ammo illegal?  

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Nobody sat on Floyd's chest, they knelt on his back.  Which I've learned is a safer procedure than kneeling on the chest, particularly for a perp who has ingested enough drugs to kill a horse, since it reduces the chance of them suffocating from their own vomit.  

And as you unwittingly pointed out, nobody can survive NINE MINUTES PLUS!@#$ with no oxygen.  So he was breathing.

Are you the guy who owns multiple guns and a bunch of ammo, yet thinks we should make purchasing guns and ammo illegal?  

No, not me.

Just now, Gepetto said:

No, not me.

OK thanks, sorry for the mixup.

So should Chauvin have put him on his back so that he drowned in his own vomit?  Or stood him up to let him run handcuffed and drugged out into traffic?  

2 hours ago, Strike said:

I'm kinda hoping for a mistrial after the crap the prosecution pulled today.  The riots would be entertaining for sure.

a mistrial would mean a retrial, the prosecution was obviously hoping for that outcome they had nothing to lose, they lost this case by a large margin in my opinion

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So should Chauvin have put him on his back so that he drowned in his own vomit?  Or stood him up to let him run handcuffed and drugged out into traffic?  

No, he should have checked his breathing,

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I can't believe you really think Chauvin kneeling on Floyd with Floyd face down on solid concrete for 9 minutes and begging to breath and Chauvin continued kneeling on him until he no longer had breath or a pulse and you think Chauvin is innocent.  Focking sad.

I’m glad to see you’re waking up to the extreme racism that’s become a core feature of the right. It’s a disease that must be excised 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

I’m glad to see you’re waking up to the extreme racism that’s become a core feature of the right. It’s a disease that must be excised 

lol lawyer thinking this has anything to do with race

its almost like you never studied the you know LAW

5 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

No, he should have checked his breathing,

Should he have turned his back on the growing angry crowd, including the MMA guy who needed to be restrained?

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You do know that you're saying that Chauvin treated Floyd this way solely because he was black. Link?

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

lol lawyer thinking this has anything to do with race

its almost like you never studied the you know LAW

This has everything to do with race. The cop killing the guy, and your reaction to it.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

This has everything to do with race. The cop killing the guy, and your reaction to it.

Yep.  All racism.  Couldn't have anything to do with the thug drug addict criminal.  Can't ever have anything to do with them. 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I've been busy and need to catch up on the trial; can you provide a link to the evidence the prosecution provided showing that Chauvin was motivated by racism?

3 hours ago, Strike said:

I'm kinda hoping for a mistrial after the crap the prosecution pulled today.  The riots would be entertaining for sure.

What did the prosecution say today? 

14 minutes ago, DonS said:

What did the prosecution say today? 

Apparently they were blindsided by the testimony about carbon monoxide yesterday.  They tried to recall their witness to testify about it but the defense expert was on a plane back home today, and the prosecution had that defense expert's report since February so should have known about the carbon monoxide testimony.  IN short, the judge said they could call a witness for very limited purposes but if he even hinted at certain things related to the carbon monoxide it would result in a mistrial.  And, of course, the witness did end up hinting at things.  So far a mistrial hasn't been called but it could still happen.

4 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

How many businesses that were destroyed the first time around have been "fixed"?

I can't speak for Minneapolis from last year, but in Detroit, we had a fine city to live in. Things changed when the same "cops are bad" delusion took over, and we got an anti-white black racist Marxist mayor for twenty years. Most of Detroit had suffered a slow rot, but not the places that burned in the 1967 riots. No, that was a copule of days event and those buildings that went up in fire have never, ever been replaced in the ensuing fifty years. Anyone with sense ought to sell for whatever price they can get and GTFO out Minny which is so obviously on a Detroit trajectory.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Apparently they were blindsided by the testimony about carbon monoxide yesterday.  They tried to recall their witness to testify about it but the defense expert was on a plane back home today, and the prosecution had that defense expert's report since February so should have known about the carbon monoxide testimony.  IN short, the judge said they could call a witness for very limited purposes but if he even hinted at certain things related to the carbon monoxide it would result in a mistrial.  And, of course, the witness did end up hinting at things.  So far a mistrial hasn't been called but it could still happen.

ELI5

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

I don't know that it proves any racism. Where? "Racism" is thrown around all the time to perpetrate a narrative and divide the country. In fact there is so very little white-to-black racism that it has to be artificially manufactured and inflamed. It sure has zero institutional power, including during the allegedly racist Trump administration. President Trump did the opposite and in fact made many outreaches into the black community in direct contradiction to the MSM lies/spin Challenge me on this, or look at his 2020 SotU address which was full of all the outreach he'd done. All I can really come up with is his birther BS with President Obama which was dumb as rocks.

In this instance, the cops IMO mistreated a black man. Others here argue that he was justified in the force that was used. People see what they see. Sure this is a white cop/black arrestee interaction that turned tragic. That it turned tragic on account of Floyd's race, or that Chauvin demonstrated any racist intent, has not been demonstrated at all, as far as I can tell. Do you know something that I don't know? The media wants racism and clicks and I know that you have always been quick to swallow that line, but I think it's a hollow accusation in this instance, and it is in the vast majority of instances that it gets thrown out.

How is racism "a core feature of the right"? The right has stuck with MLK when the left abandoned him for Ibrahim Kendi and Robin DiAngelo. Fringe racists like KKK and neo-Nazi are purged from mainstream conservative circles, while there is no amount of fringe foolishness on the left that gets purged from left wing circles. It's all tolerated. Those are the real racists, not the right. Do you embrace that shift away from MLK to Kendi and DiAngelo? I don't know that you ever have, to be honest, but somebody is buying all those books and paying exorbitant fees for their speaking tours. If you want to see real racists with real institutional power, that's where to go looking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I’m sure Chauvin will have lots of time to think of things he could have done differently while he’s chillin’ in prison.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

In what way?  Just because the media doesn't show it, don't forget that black cops get in UofF situations with white people every day. You ever see a black cop make a white man's knee and elbow swellup like a basketball from strikes with an asp? Or a black cop use OC spray on a white meth head who is resisting?  Sure you haven't since the MSM doesn't show it. It's true, I've seen it many times.  Are these black cops racist?  

4 hours ago, dogcows said:

I’m sure Chauvin will have lots of time to think of things he could have done differently while he’s chillin’ in prison.

He's a martyr. One less criminal on the streets thanks to him. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Another one bites the dust. :wave:

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Officer is still liable if his actions caused Floyd's death.

When you were little did a brother or friend ever sit on your chest?  Or did you ever sit on anyone's chest?

Well, when that happens, they can't breath and say so and you get off of them because they need to breath within seconds let alone, nine minutes plus.

Why yes, we did wrestle and play “dog pile” as kids. Thank Jesus none of us swallowed a bunch of drugs before we began to play, otherwise something bad could have happened. 

23 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Why yes, we did wrestle and play “dog pile” as kids. Thank Jesus none of us swallowed a bunch of drugs before we began to play, otherwise something bad could have happened. 

Are you kidding me?  There's dead kids all over the place from being sat on.

This tweet of a Washington Post Op-Ed is the epitome of  Facts > Feelings.  The trial doesn't matter, the narrative is truth....no matter what.

40 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This tweet of a Washington Post Op-Ed is the epitome of  Facts > Feelings.  The trial doesn't matter, the narrative is truth....no matter what.

The people want fewer police — send more of them

Except for the fact that 82% of black people want the same-or more- police in their neighborhood.

15 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

The people want fewer police — send more of them

Except for the fact that 82% of black people want the same-or more- police in their neighborhood.

What are the odds that our black author grew up in the rich suburbs? 

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

What are the odds that our black author grew up in the rich suburbs? 

I don't know much of her upbringing, but she went to Princeton.  It's not easy to get into Princeton.

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't know much of her upbringing, but she went to Princeton.  It's not easy to get into Princeton.

She writes like one of those people who are truly privileged but that want to shove that label on someone else and pretend to be a victim because you get great mileage in her circles claiming the victim card. Her best access to victimhood is her skin color but there’s a lack of understanding how regular black people live or think.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

She writes like one of those people who are truly privileged but that want to shove that label on someone else and pretend to be a victim because you get great mileage in her circles claiming the victim card. Her best access to victimhood is her skin color but there’s a lack of understanding how regular black people live or think.

Agreed.  If I had to bet, I'd put money on you being right in that she grew up in a well off environment.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agreed.  If I had to bet, I'd put money on you being right in that she grew up in a well off environment.

What’s her name? I can’t see it’s behind a pay wall. 

One of the quotes....

"But to be honest, I sat it out because I am Black, and I am tired, and because I know that I will have the chance to see it, or something like it, again."

Um, yeah... because we don't live in a utopia.  I mean, she's supposed to be educated, right?  She could turn on CourtTV every day and watch a trial of someone who killed a black person, but 80% of the time, the person on trial will be black.  But, since that doesn't support her agenda, it must not be happening.

Another quote...

"Wright attempted to get back into his car, and a police officer shot him to death."

I mean, seriously.  Anyone Liberal who wants to know why some of us ignore the plights of these "victims", you need not go any further than this sentence.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

From Richmond VA. All I could find. 

I didn't really look her up, on the article in her info, it said that she went to Princeton.  Princeton is a tough school to get into and is pretty expensive.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I didn't really look her up, on the article in her info, it said that she went to Princeton.  Princeton is a tough school to get into and is pretty expensive.

Tough for some people. Had a friend from HS that went there. He had the right shade. He was smart, but there were smarter.