Big Guy

Critical Race Theory

5 hours ago, peenie said:

It’s hundreds of years in the making MLCKAA. We were treated and existed no different than farm animals (unless you had a skill or were favored) while slaves and then ostracized and now maligned. You’ve got some people who manage and some who are flip flopping through life.

Just read Volty’s post and imagine if his children were being raised without a father in a crappy neighborhood with no father. Who would protect his beautiful daughters from the constant attention of boys and keep them focused on school and there are few activities for girls other than track or basketball. How would his son fare with all the distractions the street would provide, would he ever graduate high school? 

It’s not ONLY genetics. 

I shudder to think about it. 

I think the culture in black communities is more to blame for the plight of black people than "systemic racism" or inadequate IQ in genes. Especially fatherless homes, that's blacks doing this to themselves. All the systemic racist laws changed in the 60s, and good riddence. It's been over fifty years now, the results of a large number of blacks still being stuck exists, but the ladders out are there as well. Finish high school, learn a trade, stay out of prison and off of drugs, don't have kids outside of marriage. 

Government programs and policies don't help. Corporatist globalists ran both parties for years, shuttering factories in the US to go save money on labor expenses and lax regulations overseas.  In an alternate universe, one that actually cares about the plight of US blue collar workers, a 46 year old guy like George Floyd could be a factory foreman or other productive member of society, rather than a drug addicted, career petty criminal. But those jobs have dried up, and what remain have downward pressure on wages from illegal immigration. We've hollowed out the country. Factories leave and politicians don't care because everybody likes buying stuff at the lower prices you get when it's made in China. 

And welfare policies accidentally promote dependency. Single moms are better off marrying the government than the father of their children or risk losing benefits. This hits all communities but it's hit the black community hardest. 

My kids live in a stable two parent household, and in a society that, for all it's other faults, prioritizes hard work and education.

10 hours ago, dogcows said:

I didn’t accuse you of participating in the right-wing echo chamber; I was simply pointing out that the version of CRT being bandied about by Fox and The Daily Wire is an absurd caricature of the actual theory. I absolutely read what you wrote. Sorry my response wasn’t what you expected or wanted. And in my post, I specifically said CRT is NOT about white people being evil and racist. Funny how you accused me of talking past you while you just did exactly that yourself.

Your responded to me.  Again you didn't read my post.  Why are you defending saying CRT is NOT about white people being evil and racist?  I didn't say it was.  I said it was the leftist MSM boogeyman you are chasing, and by discussing it you imply that I made that assertion.  I didn't; I talked about the systems and the fatalism of the message to young black people in my OP.  Are you on the autism scale?

It's funny, I've been in a discussion at FBG around CRT, and I've asked that same question about the lack of a positive message to rationalize the teaching that our systems are inherently racist.  Nothing, crickets.  It's like kryptonite that leftists avoid like the plague.  Instead they focus on the false premise that CRT = history class, and if you oppose CRT, you oppose history.  

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Your responded to me.  Again you didn't read my post.  Why are you defending saying CRT is NOT about white people being evil and racist?  I didn't say it was.  I said it was the leftist MSM boogeyman you are chasing, and by discussing it you imply that I made that assertion.  I didn't; I talked about the systems and the fatalism of the message to young black people in my OP.  Are you on the autism scale?

It's funny, I've been in a discussion at FBG around CRT, and I've asked that same question about the lack of a positive message to rationalize the teaching that our systems are inherently racist.  Nothing, crickets.  It's like kryptonite that leftists avoid like the plague.  Instead they focus on the false premise that CRT = history class, and if you oppose CRT, you oppose history.  

Your concern is that it’s corrosive. I get that.

What’s the solution?

3 hours ago, peenie said:

It’s hundreds of years in the making MLCKAA. We were treated and existed no different than farm animals (unless you had a skill or were favored) while slaves and then ostracized and now maligned. You’ve got some people who manage and some who are flip flopping through life.

Just read Volty’s post and imagine if his children were being raised without a father in a crappy neighborhood with no father. Who would protect his beautiful daughters from the constant attention of boys and keep them focused on school and there are few activities for girls other than track or basketball. How would his son fare with all the distractions the street would provide, would he ever graduate high school? 

It’s not ONLY genetics. 

How did Dunbar High School succeed in the 40s and 50s?

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

What’s the solution?

Teach CMT instead. Critical Math Theory. Throw that other shlt out.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

You know, I agree with this 200%. Trump would still be in office today if he were more savvy about courting minority voters instead of clinging to his racist supporters like the Proud Boys.

This is ridiculous.  Trump saw a significant increase in minority support between his two elections.  He didn't lose because he didn't court the minority vote.  As usual, your ignorance shows through.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-increases-share-black-hispanic-vote-1544698

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

What’s the solution?

Well let's see.  Trump had the lowest unemployment rate amongst blacks in history.  He invested in HBCU's.  He reached out to work with Ice-T on Ice-T's "Contract with Black America":

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/us/ice-cube-donald-trump-cuomo-interview-trnd/index.html

The solution is to educate and employ the black community.  If you do that you'll raise them up within a generation or two.  Just like that was the answer for the Italians that came here 80 years ago, and all the other immigrants who have been able to succeed in America.  The solution is not to lament something that ended 150 years ago as the reason the current generation can't succeed.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Well let's see.  Trump had the lowest unemployment rate amongst blacks in history.  He invested in HBCU's.  He reached out to work with Ice-T on Ice-T's "Contract with Black America":

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/us/ice-cube-donald-trump-cuomo-interview-trnd/index.html

The solution is to educate and employ the black community.  If you do that you'll raise them up within a generation or two.  Just like that was the answer for the Italians that came here 80 years ago, and all the other immigrants who have been able to succeed in America.  The solution is not to lament something that ended 150 years ago as the reason the current generation can't succeed.

Well isn’t that just the point? Italians, the Irish, etc were able to integrate quickly. Probably because at the end of the day they’re just “white” and no one cares any longer what specific flavor they are.

But the Chinese were able to integrate too. Perhaps not as easily or deeply since they’re not white, but outside of a few specific subsets like the Hmong, they’ve done pretty well.

Not so much for black folks though. Why is that? Well I know what the white supremacists would tell you, and do tell us on this board nearly every day. But no, it’s probably because the black race was ENSLAVED. Their families purposefully split up. Selectively bred for characteristics that no longer offer much utility and were never met to be competitive.

You can’t hide your head in the sand on that. I’m not saying CRT is the best or even a good way of coming at the issue. But we can’t continue to pretend like the issue doesn’t exist.

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

It's been over fifty years now, the results of a large number of blacks still being stuck exists, but the ladders out are there as well. Finish high school, learn a trade, stay out of prison and off of drugs, don't have kids outside of marriage. 

Government programs and policies don't help. Corporatist globalists ran both parties for years shuttering factories in the US to go save money on labor expenses and lax regulations overseas.  In an alternate universe, one that actually cares about the plight of US blue collar workers, a 46 year old guy like George Floyd could be a factory foreman or other productive member of society, rather than a drug addicted career petty criminal. But those jobs have dried up, and what remain have downward pressure on wages from illegal immigration. We've hollowed out the country. Farcoties leave and politiciand don't care because everybody likes buying stuff at the lower prices you get when it's made in China. 

And welfare poolicies accidentally promote dependency. Single moms are better off marrying the government than the father of their children or risk losing benefits. This hits all communities but it's hit the black community hardest. 

My kids live in a stable two parent household, and in a society that, for all it's other faults, prioritizes hard work and education.

This right here is it! Here lies the problem and the solution. No Democrat wants to say it because it will alienate the black voter that is unaware of the reality of the world and it's easier to exploit the black vote by blaming others and also making us believe help is on the way if you vote for us, or if you fight for another small policy change or another check. We really focus so much on the Civil Rights movement that we are taught to believe that all our solutions lie in the hands of the government and this is wrong. It's small day to day changes and sacrifices with a goal in mind that will lift you up and out of a bad situation. A lot of people know this but the small fraction that are trying to make a quick dollar or believe the hype of the media and the music ruin our culture and our neighborhoods. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Not so much for black folks though. Why is that? Well I know what the white supremacists would tell you, and do tell us on this board nearly every day. But no, it’s probably because the black race was ENSLAVED. Their families purposefully split up. Selectively bred for characteristics that no longer offer much utility and were never met to be competitive.

This is ridiculous.  Black people were making great strides until their marriage rate went in to the sh*tter starting back in the 60's.  The biggest problem for black people is their single motherhood rate, and that doesn't go back to slavery days.  That goes back about 50 years.  Now, you can make the argument that government policies have a role in that but if so then is your answer MORE government involvement in "fixing" the problem or less?  Hey, at least I've offered a solution.  You haven't.  But that's what you do.  Day in and day out.  I don't think you've ever actually tried to offer a solution in one of these threads. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well isn’t that just the point? Italians, the Irish, etc were able to integrate quickly. Probably because at the end of the day they’re just “white” and no one cares any longer what specific flavor they are.

But the Chinese were able to integrate too. Perhaps not as easily or deeply since they’re not white, but outside of a few specific subsets like the Hmong, they’ve done pretty well.

You can’t hide your head in the sand on that. I’m not saying CRT is the best or even a good way of coming at the issue. But we can’t continue to pretend like the issue doesn’t exist.

The Irish integrated quickly? Wow. Someone needs a history lesson. Anyway, answer this: Would you rather have been a black sharecropper in the south in 1880 or a white coal miner in Appalachia at the same time? 

We need Critical Reality Fact. And that is that those with power have treated  those without it like crap, in every every civilization in every part of the world. Until now. While those without power in the United States and other western countries still get the least, they get treated the best than any other place at any other time. In one generation you can go from a have not to a have no matter your race, gender or religion.  Hell, being a minority may be an asset. 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Irish integrated quickly? Wow. Someone needs a history lesson. Anyway, answer this: Would you rather have been a black sharecropper in the south in 1880 or a white coal miner in Appalachia at the same time? 

This is just mind bogglingly racist. Stop it with the “slaves didn’t have it so bad” bullsh1t. They were SLAVES, do you any ability to wrap your head around that??

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

This is just mind bogglingly racist. Stop it with the “slaves didn’t have it so bad” bullsh1t. They were SLAVES, do you any ability to wrap your head around that??

I said 1880 and sharecroppers weren’t slaves.  Nobody was.  Now apologize amd if you wouldn’t mind, answer the question.  

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Strike said:

This is ridiculous.  Black people were making great strides until their marriage rate went in to the sh*tter starting back in the 60's.  The biggest problem for black people is their single motherhood rate, and that doesn't go back to slavery days.  That goes back about 50 years.  Now, you can make the argument that government policies have a role in that but if so then is your answer MORE government involvement in "fixing" the problem or less?  Hey, at least I've offered a solution.  You haven't.  But that's what you do.  Day in and day out.  I don't think you've ever actually tried to offer a solution in one of these threads. 

We"re getting closer here.  Dunbar High in Washington DC was sending more black kids to college, before Brown vs Board, than their white counterparts.  What has changed?

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I said 1880 and sharecroppers weren’t slaves.  Nobody was.  Now apologize amd if you wouldn’t mind, answer the question.  

Correct of course, but anything that does not placate the AA in total is racist and slavery.  Remember when highly compensated athletes did not get their way?  And they called it slavery?  Yeah, so anything less than total hand over of the world is apparently.....slavery....:rolleyes:

Has Worms offered his solutions to this problem yet?  Has Peenie?  I didn't think so.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Correct of course, but anything that does not placate the AA in total is racist and slavery.  Remember when highly compensated athletes did not get their way?  And they called it slavery?  Yeah, so anything less than total hand over of the world is apparently.....slavery....:rolleyes:

He loves calling people racist, even if they don’t say what he made up in his mind what he wants them to say.  It’s some sort of larp

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

1880? A mere 15 years after passage of the 15th Amendment abolishing slavery? You think everything was fixed and over by then? Southern plantation owners just gave up the ghost and welcomed their black brethren with open arms? :lol: 

You are not this focking stupid, and you were just trying a variation on the “slaves had it good” trope. SLAVES! Don’t try that bullsh1t with me.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

1880? A mere 15 years after passage of the 15th Amendment abolishing slavery? You think everything was fixed and over by then? Southern plantation owners just gave up the ghost and welcomed their black brethren with open arms? :lol: 

You are not this focking stupid, and you were just trying a variation on the “slaves had it good” trope. SLAVES! Don’t try that bullsh1t with me.

I said no such thing. I asked a simple question, which you refuse to answer.  Nowhere did I say blacks had it good. I asked who you would rather be. Should be easy enough to answer 

I have to imagine that if whining about things that happened hundreds of year ago created benefit the world would be a utopia

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Wait a minute.  Just yesterday you called multiple posters racist for posting studies which show that AAs have lower IQs.  Now you are saying the bolded?  Do you think it is possible that over many generations of the breeding you just discussed, physiological characteristics like strength and speed might be favored over intelligence?

Just trying to understand your thought process here.  :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1

Yall keep trying. Nothing will ever change. How many trillions have been wasted in Africa? Where are the great cities or civilizations? Why is every single black-controlled area in the US (hell the world) a sh1thole? Would having fathers in the home help? Sure I guess it wouldn't hurt, but not even that will change much.

Whatever keep throwing money at it and making up fake bullsh1t that is causing the violence, and destruction in black communities. Nothing that has been done or will be done will change a single thing.

6 hours ago, peenie said:

It’s not ONLY genetics. 

Who says it is genetics?  I didn’t.  I implied the opposite.

You’re just making excuses, and bad ones at that.  You’re using history as a crutch for the present. Only the very old people were alive before the civil rights act and there is no one still alive from slave days or Jim Crow days.  The CRA was more than 50 years ago and you still complain that your modem problems are caused by slavery and racism.

You might not like it or you might wish it weren’t true, but here’s a rock solid fact:  African Americans aren’t a very likable demographic.

Why do AA act like it’s a crime for people to dislike them?  Not everyone is gonna like you.  Accept it. 
Heck, if it weren’t for your “conspicuous consumption” mindset, your status in this country would be on the floor.  It is only for love of your reckless spending that any business ever even thinks about targeting or including you.

Racism isn’t the cause of ANY problems in the AA community.  Not any.  

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Wait a minute.  Just yesterday you called multiple posters racist for posting studies which show that AAs have lower IQs.  Now you are saying the bolded?  Do you think it is possible that over many generations of the breeding you just discussed, physiological characteristics like strength and speed might be favored over intelligence?

Just trying to understand your thought process here.  :thumbsup: 

Because what’re the implications of what you’re saying? Blacks are just dumber as a whole—that’s what was said and what’re we supposed to do with that? It’s the very definition of racist and there’s absolutely no reason to travel down that road. Overt white supremacists like CDub seem to want to eradicate or re-subjugate. I’m sure you’ll pitch some less overt solution as guys like you and KSB always triangulate on these things, but it’s just a different shade of the same thing.

So let’s just agree they’ve been historically disadvantaged without flirting with eugenics and similar ideology. What’s the solution to right that wrong? And why is CRT so focking horrible if the main idea is to simply understand and accept that wrong as a foundational principle? You all want to turn it into self flagellation and apologizing for whiteness and so forth, and while I don’t doubt there are some misguided enough to want to push it that far, I think most rational people agree it’s simply an acknowledgment of the circumstances as a first step towards some as-of-yet defined resolution. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, peenie said:

This right here is it! Here lies the problem and the solution. No Democrat wants to say it because it will alienate the black voter that is unaware of the reality of the world and it's easier to exploit the black vote by blaming others and also making us believe help is on the way if you vote for us, or if you fight for another small policy change or another check. We really focus so much on the Civil Rights movement that we are taught to believe that all our solutions lie in the hands of the government and this is wrong. It's small day to day changes and sacrifices with a goal in mind that will lift you up and out of a bad situation. A lot of people know this but the small fraction that are trying to make a quick dollar or believe the hype of the media and the music ruin our culture and our neighborhoods. 

Agree completely.  Which is why every conservative on this board has been telling you that the Democrat party is the one that's racist.  They want/need black people to be oppressed so that they can prey on them for their support.

21 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Because what’re the implications of what you’re saying? Blacks are just dumber as a whole—that’s what was said and what’re we supposed to do with that? It’s the very definition of racist and there’s absolutely no reason to travel down that road. Overt white supremacists like CDub seem to want to eradicate or re-subjugate. I’m sure you’ll pitch some less overt solution as guys like you and KSB always triangulate on these things, but it’s just a different shade of the same thing.

So let’s just agree they’ve been historically disadvantaged without flirting with eugenics and similar ideology. What’s the solution to right that wrong? And why is CRT so focking horrible if the main idea is to simply understand and accept that wrong as a foundational principle? You all want to turn it into self flagellation and apologizing for whiteness and so forth, and while I don’t doubt there are some misguided enough to want to push it that far I think most rational people agree it’s simply an acceptance acknowledgment of the circumstances as a first step towards some as-of-yet defined resolution. 

See, the engineer in me just doesn't get the bolded.  Your first two sentences IMO hit the nail on the head:  what are the implications, and what possible good can come from this knowledge?  I think that would be a great discussion which we unfortunately can't have.  But then right after that you state that learning such data is the very definition of racism.

It's funny, I happen to think that knowledge and acceptance are the first steps to addressing an issue.  Which... is the point you try to make in the second paragraph about CRT.  Said point I disagree with specifically, because as I've stated CRT is more than just history.

BTW to your earlier question of how we turn CRT into a positive message, I'd say we keep the history part and replace the "system is stacked against you" with something like the following:  "yes we had redlining in the past, which impacted your parents' and their parents' ability to build generational wealth through property.  But we've addressed that, and YOU have the opportunity to start that process of wealth building.  You can get that nice house to pass down to your future generations.  But it takes work on your end.  It takes a commitment to education, to a nuclear family, to personal accountability for yourself and your future children.  Others have done it and you can too."

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

See, the engineer in me just doesn't get the bolded.  Your first two sentences IMO hit the nail on the head:  what are the implications, and what possible good can come from this knowledge?  I think that would be a great discussion which we unfortunately can't have.  But then right after that you state that learning such data is the very definition of racism.

It's funny, I happen to think that knowledge and acceptance are the first steps to addressing an issue.  Which... is the point you try to make in the second paragraph about CRT.  Said point I disagree with specifically, because as I've stated CRT is more than just history.

BTW to your earlier question of how we turn CRT into a positive message, I'd say we keep the history part and replace the "system is stacked against you" with something like the following:  "yes we had redlining in the past, which impacted your parents' and their parents' ability to build generational wealth through property.  But we've addressed that, and YOU have the opportunity to start that process of wealth building.  You can get that nice house to pass down to your future generations.  But it takes work on your end.  It takes a commitment to education, to a nuclear family, to personal accountability for yourself and your future children.  Others have done it and you can too."

Not bad, I don’t disagree. I think we’re talking about a bit more than redlining but ultimately I do like your effort to convert it to a positive message :thumbsup: 

I mean, I’ve said and I do agree that there can be a corrosive effect. Negative messaging is never helpful. “Fock you, this sucks” has never gotten anything done so far as I know.

I do think there has to be some component of, hey, if you’re not black, or you didn’t grow up dirt poor in the ozarks, it’s probably difficult for you to understand some of the challenges faced by such people trying to get ahead. So maybe don’t be an assh0le and possibly even give ‘em a little help where you can

• Like 1

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Because what’re the implications of what you’re saying? Blacks are just dumber as a whole—that’s what was said and what’re we supposed to do with that? It’s the very definition of racist and there’s absolutely no reason to travel down that road. Lunatics like CDub seem to want to eradicate or re-subjugate. I’m sure you’ll pitch some less overt solution as guys like you and KSB always triangulate on these things, but it’s just a different shade of the same thing.

So let’s just agree they’ve been historically disadvantaged without flirting with eugenics and similar ideology. What’s the solution to right that wrong? And why is CRT so focking horrible if the main idea is to simply understand and accept that wrong as a foundational principle? You all want to turn it into self flagellation and apologizing for whiteness and so forth, and while I don’t doubt there are some misguided enough to want to push it that far I think most rational people agree it’s simply an acceptance acknowledgment of the circumstances as a first step towards some as-of-yet defined resolution. 

My problem with CRT, which covers a wide spectrum of implementations btw, is that they're trying to backdoor it in to the curriculum.  There are documented cases of school boards purposely withholding information from parents about it.  They've been slowly implementing it for years and but for Covid and remote learning it may not have come to light until it was too late.  We had a case discussed on this very bored where a school district considered suing a parent who was simply trying to get information from them about what they were teaching her kids.  If this is such an innocuous thing to be teaching keep it out in the open and discuss it with the parents. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I said no such thing. I asked a simple question, which you refuse to answer.  Nowhere did I say blacks had it good. I asked who you would rather be. Should be easy enough to answer 

Worms is afraid to answer the question. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Worms is afraid to answer the question. 

He never does. Nor does he offer solutions. 

9 hours ago, Reality said:

#Facts... As the kids would say.

A mindless tweet. CRT is a theory for graduate students to discuss. You wouldn’t try to teach it in grade school, just like you wouldn’t try to teach calculus to 4th-graders. That’s why these laws banning it from grade school make no sense.

45 minutes ago, dogcows said:

A mindless tweet. CRT is a theory for graduate students to discuss. You wouldn’t try to teach it in grade school, just like you wouldn’t try to teach calculus to 4th-graders. That’s why these laws banning it from grade school make no sense.

How about anti-racism? 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

CRT is a theory for graduate students to discuss.

They are teaching it to......teachers......to be embedded in their <drumroll> teaching across all grade levels.  Which is just the start.  

Hence the push-back.  Not in Calculus per se (nice cherry pick) but in History, Social Studies, English Language, etc. 

Google is your friend.  

5 hours ago, dogcows said:

Good then you are good with parents saying fock off with you teaching our kids that shlt and questioning everything. 

Finally, you agree.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Good then you are good with parents saying fock off with you teaching our kids that shlt and questioning everything. 

Finally, you agree.

That's not what he's saying.

He either doesn't understand, or doesn't care, or is deliberately trying to mislead about how it's tenets are being implemented in school curriculum. He also deliberately waters down the definition to mean what he wants it to mean, to make it palatable  to us, reassure us it's not so bad, rather than bother to actually look into what the creators say it means in their own words.

CRT denigrates colorblindness and being non-racist as racist. You are expected to be anti-racist, which means to support racist policies that promote "equity." And what "equity" means isn't what it has always meant. CRT redefines it to mean what you would recognize as anti-white racism. We're not promoting equal opportunity for all. That's colorblindness, which is racist. It's quotas. There aren't enough minorities or trannies or women in this occupation, so we need to hire/admit on the basis of color rather than merit until the quotas are met. It is color obsession rather than color blindness.

It also is mired deep in white shaming, assuring minorities the system is rigged against them, historical revision demonizing dead white guys, replacing heroes with victims, and a whole lot of awful things. It has Marxist roots, seeking to undermine the foundations of the Western culture, which dogcows deliberately ignores and won't bring up.

You can take CRT and discolor any topic by viewing that topic through a CRT lens. Martin Jay, one of it's founders, calls it a gadfly that can attach itself to any field of study. Dogcows is, again, either misinformed, or lying, or deliberately misleading us as to how pervasive this all is.

On 6/29/2021 at 4:43 AM, peenie said:

I wonder if Volty and Titans agree that Europeans are the intellectually superior race. I’d be shocked if Volty could look at his children and see them as a race. 

No, I don't.

I have, in teaching here, seen how culture affects things.

My students are quite intelligent. I'm sure every bit as intelligent as students in the US or Europe. They are extremely good, even amazingly so, at anything that merely involves rote memorization and practice. Math, dance, etc.

However, 70 some odd years of commie education has utterly destroyed any ability to think critically or any problem solving skills whatsoever from these people. It's comical at times. If the answer isn't right there to be memorized and copied, they simply shut down. Don't have a clue what to do. Adults as well as children.

Similarly, in the African American community, there are cultural barriers to learning.

Why do Asian American and white American students perform better in school... 

1. Parents. Parents who give a fock. Parents who exist in a plural meaning of the word. Parents who aren't drug addicts. Parents who adequately feed and provide for the kids and actually supervise them.

2. The attitude toward education. Seems like the black community has a “if you try, you are a b!tch” mentality when it comes to school. A black student in America will face more pushback from his peers than any other race in America.

And that's on the black community. No amount of money will ever fix that. No system will ever fix that. Kids are like computers... garbage in, garbage out.

You want to know the true “white privilege?” Most white or asian people who succeed did so because their culture helped them do so. Most black people who succeed had to overcome theirs. Obviously that is much harder. 

Fortunately for black people, equality is coming! Not because they will lift themselves up, but because it seems like most white people are content to absorb that culture and join them at the bottom.

So there's that I guess. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3