Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Failure of the public education system

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's EXACTLY what he said:

"Again, do the math based on the numbers we’ve discussed: about 1 in 1000 teachers vs 1 in 20 priests. Ask anybody on the street: would you feel safer if your kid was alone with a teacher or a catholic priest? I know the answer and so do you."

It's funny that he's ok with that math, but not the math that says 13% of the population is responsible for 51% of the nations homicides/murders.  Weird, huh?

No, he never said he was “ok” (your words from 10/16) with it, he was just disputing someone else’s apparent claim that “teachers are more dangerous than priests.”

And has he stated that he was not “ok” with your second math equation there?

The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.  Abraham Lincoln

Problematic kids are the failure of parents, not the education system.  There are plenty of kids who leave the education system and enter society and flourish, those who do not are underperformers.  Mostly likely due to their sh!tty parents. 

• Like 3

My brother teaches science in high school and a friend of my nephew works for Lowes. Asked my brother if there was anyone he could send over to work as they had a lot of opening. ZERO. That's right zero of these imbeciles were capable of doing a job at lowes.

They have successfully dumbed down the population.

I gave the cashier at McD's a 20 dollar bill for a $10 meal. She typed it in as the new 25 dollar bill. I got my lunch for 1/2 price. At that point I realized you can short change these morons every time. Just give the the exact amount minus 50 cents, they will take it as they cannot add so they just have to assume you gave them the right amount.

7 minutes ago, lod001 said:

My brother teaches science in high school and a friend of my nephew works for Lowes. Asked my brother if there was anyone he could send over to work as they had a lot of opening. ZERO. That's right zero of these imbeciles were capable of doing a job at lowes.

I gave the cashier at McD's a 20 dollar bill for a $10 meal. She typed it in as the new 25 dollar bill. I got my lunch for 1/2 price. At that point I realized you can short change these morons every time. Just give the the exact amount minus 50 cents, they will take it as they cannot add so they just have to assume you gave them the right amount.

Cash registers at McDonald's fast-food restaurants are touch screen, which means you just touch the correct area of the screen to input orders. The screen has images of the food as well as the name. With time, you too will appear to be a McDonald's cash register pro and will be quickly able to enter orders

18 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Pffft.  Who needs basic math now that everyone has a calculator on their phone? 

38 minutes ago, DonS said:

Pffft.  Who needs basic math now that everyone has a calculator on their phone? 

They dont know what number to put in first when dividing...

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

C'mon man!  Knowing the difference between the numerator and denominator is based in whiteness. :nono:

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Problematic kids are the failure of parents, not the education system.  There are plenty of kids who leave the education system and enter society and flourish, those who do not are underperformers.  Mostly likely due to their sh!tty parents. 

There are also plenty of kids who do not function in school but are perfectly fine once they enter the work world because the structure of the school day inhibits them a little.

It is also baffling to me that people think teachers- who have kids for essentially 7 hours a day for 180 days a year completely offset the other 17 hours at home for those 180 days, plus all the other time at home the remaining 185 days of the year. Like selfishly I would love to believe I have that kind of power- but in reality I do not. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

There are also plenty of kids who do not function in school but are perfectly fine once they enter the work world because the structure of the school day inhibits them a little.

It is also baffling to me that people think teachers- who have kids for essentially 7 hours a day for 180 days a year completely offset the other 17 hours at home for those 180 days, plus all the other time at home the remaining 185 days of the year. Like selfishly I would love to believe I have that kind of power- but in reality I do not. 

Funny to see one of the actual failures of the system spouting off. 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Funny to see one of the actual failures of the system spouting off. 

You need to log out of the account man and try again. 

46 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah, I think there are those who presume that they send their kids off to school and that is that....no work for them to do.... which is baffling.

The importance of education, properly enforced by parents, will likely yield positive outcomes. Kids are work, they need the time and energy from parents to ensure their success.

When we see kids succeed, it has more to do with parents than just about anything else. 

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

They can't even add up 3 25 cent coins. Yes, that happened at Arbys last week. Gave her 75 cents and she absolutely could not add it up to 75 cents to put it into the machine.

I was to get back 4.02 since the meal was 6.73. I gave her 10.75. 

She tried to give me back 3.64 after finally taking a stab at it on the machine. 

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Cash registers at McDonald's fast-food restaurants are touch screen, which means you just touch the correct area of the screen to input orders. The screen has images of the food as well as the name. With time, you too will appear to be a McDonald's cash register pro and will be quickly able to enter orders

Not if you don't know what it is, you've been handed. They cannot add at all.

On 3/27/2023 at 1:25 PM, League Champion said:

Are there even any big cities that have republican mayors? I’m sure they are just all lovely!

They’re now saying the quiet part out loud.   Parents, just sit back and shut up. And to call them “their kids”?  Fuk off you trash human. 

On 10/26/2023 at 10:35 PM, Fireballer said:

I think we’re really turning the corner and headed in the right direction with this public education thing

So I have a few questions on this that I can't find the answers too (and maybe you saw the answers to them- this isn't an antagonistic trap):

1.) Is this for a core class assignment or an elective class? If it is a core class it is far less acceptable. If it is a core class it is at least one a kid would opt to take for credit so maybe the class name would outline stuff like this. Case in point the class might be called "Social Justice in the 21st century" or something equally idiotic but that would at least imply you'd get an assignment like this.

2.) If it is a humanities class (English or Social Studies) I would wonder what the broader scope of class is. What I mean is- there are works in English where you would talk about race but it would be in context of the novel whereas this feels way outside of anything novel related. If it is social studies is it tied to a unit on the civil rights movement or slavery or something? Again- that doesn't make it okay, but it at least allows one to wrap their head around what the idea may have been.

3.) Again this stuff doesn't argue that white people are racist- it argues that the systems in place are racist in nature. 

4.) Am I right in assuming this lesson is probably part of an SEL (social emotional learning) unit? SEL is a huge bugaboo for the hardcore right currently. It's mainly because they don't understand the benefits of it and they don't want kids to learn empathy for others apparently.

5.) As it stands I would say on the surface it is a bad assignment. Mostly because it feels like it is turning over the instructional process to a series of videos that are deemed problematic. At the very least it is tone deaf from the teacher thinking there won't be an issue with it. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Imagine being politically aligned with that? They wonder why they get called cucks 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Imagine being politically aligned with that? They wonder why they get called cucks 

You're 💯% right. They are full on Cucks. They'll play the narrative regardless of how foolish it is. The whole damn Party is full of hypocrites 

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Both pictures are highly offensive and represent the worst sort of bigotry. 

Wait, what? 😂😂

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Both pictures are highly offensive and represent the worst sort of bigotry. 

The worst? Why do you behave like a woman ? 

We demand far too much from the educational system.   These kids come to school without proper parenting, and as a result they fail.  Its honestly just that simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

We demand far too much from the educational system.   These kids come to school without proper parenting, and as a result they fail.  Its honestly just that simple.

More funding is needed. And when that doesn’t work even more will be needed. It’s expensive teaching a kid to read. I don’t know how little house on the prairie did it. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

More funding is needed. And when that doesn’t work even more will be needed. It’s expensive teaching a kid to read. I don’t know how little house on the prairie did it. 

30k per student, teachers are paid dirt and kids are dumber than ever. Where’s all the money going?

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

30k per student, teachers are paid dirt and kids are dumber than ever. Where’s all the money going?

Some here think teachers are paid too much.

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Some here think teachers are paid too much.

Depends where they work and what they teach.  Every gym teacher in America is overpaid though. 

3 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

PACs and teachers unions, which then "donate" it to the democrat of their choice. 

Gavin Newsome has the CA teachers Union in his focking pocket; they are one of (if not the) latest donor to his campaign.